University Hospital and Medical Center Employee Reviews

University Hospital, Tamarac , FL
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLFebruary 5, 2019
I enjoyed working as a Surgical Waiting Room Receptionist, montitoring surgical patients for family members.
The staff at University Hospital created a very pleasant and joyful work environment.
The pleasant good mornings to friendly conversations inspired me to take pride in my work, be productive and perform in a good quality manner. What a great place to work and grow which makes a good team that becomes a family and I feel like family.
University Hospital
Teaching and Research Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Stony Brook, NYJanuary 25, 2019
Staff RN with opportunity for ongoing education and learning through classes, and nurse educators on staff. Opportunity for specialty training in ICU's and other nursing sub specialties.
Busy
Staff Registered Nurse, Telemetry Stroke Unit (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLDecember 15, 2018
Very busy environment. The telemetry staff are very family oriented. The nurse manager is very nice and is pushes the staff team members in enhancing their education
Great coworkers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tamarac, FLNovember 26, 2018
Can be a stressful environment as any hospital but teamwork makes the dream work. Great charge nurses. Many cancellations when census is low can go up to 1:7 nurse yo patient ratio
I had great expirencs.
RN (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLOctober 11, 2018
I had great expirences in the eight years I worked there. the ration patient to nurse was sometimes overwhelming. the nurses and staff were expirenced and a blessing to work with.
Family
Executive Administrative Assistant to CNO (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLSeptember 23, 2018
Sometimes regret leaving, but no advancement. Once a secretary at HCA always a secretary. Wore many hats, no bonus, never acknowledged or recognized almost 14 years and they let you walk.
Great place to work, I was promoted within the company
Patient Access Manager (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FloridaSeptember 10, 2018
I worked as the Patient Access Manager for 21/2 years, and was promoted from within from a Team Lead in the ER. I supervised 25 employees at the hospital. Working in the hospital was a very different experience than working in the Ambulatory Surgery Centers. I enjoy being in a smaller office and having the patient interaction.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Employees called out allot and had to cover 8 hour shifts after my day shift was ended.
Productive workplace
Clinical Specialist Critical Care (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLMay 3, 2018
You will learn a lot as independent practitioner, hardest part of the job is doing all the work within 8 hours. Most enjoyable part of the job are the people you work with.
i learned so much
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLApril 9, 2018
I learned a lot from some wonderful people that I worked with and I enjoyed my experiences there very much. I will always look back at university hospital as a great experience
Uhmc
Medical Surgical Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLMarch 23, 2018
nothing to say really
employees retire from there with 20-40 years.
competitive to advance
family oriented staffing
close by parking
Best job ever!!!!
RDMS/RVT (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLMarch 13, 2018
This is the only place I can really say was the best job in Florida that I had. My boss was awesome and the group I was with was great except for a few. The radiologist are great to work with, always willing to teach.
Pros
Great manager that listen (Director)
Cons
Can't think of one .
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLFebruary 21, 2018
The 9 years I worked at University were great I gained so much experience and growth as a Rad Tech I enjoyed everyday I worked. The people I worked with became some of my best friends that I have.
Pros
Enviroment and friends
Cons
Under staffed
Fun and productive
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJanuary 31, 2018
Great work environment , the employees are very fare as well as very understanding I never had any issues working with the company great and very professional as well as productive
No good
Intern/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJanuary 18, 2018
Don't go here for any reason whatsoever. The place is really terrible. No communication between staff in the hospital. Incompetent nurses. Volunteering there was really bad.
Work Flow
Nuclear Medicine Technologist and MRI Technician (Current Employee) –  Tamarac, FLDecember 19, 2017
It's a busy place to work in... Co workers help and it's a nice environment to work at. Mostly geriatrics and orthopedics that live close at the hospital is our frequent patients.
Hard working
PCA (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLNovember 29, 2017
Productive work place ,Management ok ,Diffrent culture in the workplace ,Not able to care for the patient the way that I want to,To see my patient happy.
Pros
Good staff.
Cons
Healthy food .
Not for me
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLNovember 20, 2017
The culture was ok, it was mostly stressful for me because I did not enjoy the majority of the cases in the operating room because my specialties were not done often.
Emergency room quick paced atmosphere, great learning
RN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 15, 2017
The ED was quick paced and the management and staff turnover was high. Learned a lot,as was straight out of nursing school. Any emergency room is competitive within the staff. Fast paced culture
Pros
Learning fast paced
Cons
No paid breaks high turnover
Fast paced
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLNovember 6, 2017
Floor nurse is a hard job here. Take advantage and learn all you can. RN patient ratio is tough, sometimes 7:1 on a tele floor. You definately learn time management.
Pros
Flexiable schedule
Cons
PCA quality seriously lacking
university hospital
Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  Tamarac, FLOctober 15, 2017
On a typical work day, there are always patients to register. I will like always go see the patients bed side or in the waiting lobby and interview them. I feel like I learned a lot about what we need to look for such as insurances, what's required, and even by communicating with nurses and physicians I learned from them. the other workers are nice.
Pros
50% off lunches and they sometimes have free lunches.
Cons
Never a full staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Hospital and Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

University Hospital and Medical Center Reviews by Location