University Hospital Employee Reviews

Urology office
Medical Receptionist/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedford, OHApril 15, 2019
Travel office, long hours. Work with one doctor learned a great deal. Great pay just didn’t have a lot of time off. Loved working there, time just cut to short for me
Pros
Great pay
Cons
If doctor leaves your left looking for work elsewhere
Great place!
Medical Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 9, 2019
Great place to work. The pay is reasonable, managment is reasonable. Provide excellent Care, qualified and friendly staff. This is A great company to work for.
Pros
Great place
Poor work culture.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 9, 2019
Management is not allowed to facilitate quality of care by leadership of staff due to the hostile environment and mediocrity promoted by the union. There is no adherence to policy, procedures; even things as simple as a dress code; because the union combats any implementation. Patients suffer due to staff not performing to S.O.P.
Pros
Salary, benefits - that's the draw to pull you in
Cons
Quality of care, ineffective leadership, toxic work culture
Negative work environment
COTA (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 7, 2019
Immature staff, very unorganized and no team effort. Every staff member out for them self. Some people would get written up some would not. Some people could make up there own hours while others had to adhere to a normal work schedule.
Nice workplace employee fitness
Central service spd 1 (Former Employee) –  234 goodman st. Cincinnati ohioApril 5, 2019
I have worked at university hospital since 1987 .I am currently still working there . DUE TO Some changes that have took place beyond my control .I am considering other employment else where.It has been a long journey but I am now exploring other options .
Very productive and very good place to work
Facility Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 2, 2019
Working at the hospital you can learn a lot and see a lot. I’ve learned to do different things such as Installing cameras and using different power tools. The management was great there was no hard part about the job because I personally love and challenge and to be pushed. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work in the hospital environment. I enjoyed the job very much.
State Governed Hospital
HVAC Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 2, 2019
Job - OK
Compensation - POOR
Job Security - good
Management - There are some good people that work there.
Job Culture - over all poor, again there are a few good people that
work there
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
State Governed
work place enviornmentz
Lead Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHApril 1, 2019
the environment is amazing. working with children was a total life changing experience. so many different personalities and they all were so brave. the staff treated all children with such great care.
Pros
great enviornment
Cons
flexible work hours
Staff always feel like they are going to be the next one fired.
Management (Former Employee) –  GAMarch 28, 2019
Staff had not had raises for six years until recently. MAGNET status but nurses do not have a voice. Anything that doesn’t agree administration may/will
Get you fired.
I enjoyed helping others and learning new thiings.
Training Coordinator - Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 25, 2019
Working at University Hospital was rewarding and challenging. I love helping assist people throughout the community. I love teaching employees customer services skills and training them. The hardest part of the job was working with different employees attitudes and personalities. Once getting to know the employees all the personalities were great.
Pros
Planning activities for employees and family day.
Cons
Working outside the hospital and working in other facilities.
Rn
RN (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 25, 2019
A great place to work, good environment. I love working with the community, this position allowed me to participate with community involvement. The staff I worked with were team players which is important in any work place.
Pros
A teaching hospital
Cons
Downtown in a bad area
university hospital
Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  Tamarac, FLMarch 21, 2019
On a typical work day, there are always patients to register. I will like always go see the patients bed side or in the waiting lobby and interview them. I feel like I learned a lot about what we need to look for such as insurances, what's required, and even by communicating with nurses and physicians I learned from them. the other workers are nice and are willing to work with you as a team.
Pros
50% off lunches and they sometimes have free lunches.
Cons
Never a full staff.
ok
Lab Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 20, 2019
work schedule is great co workers are friendly
top management not so
will recommend working dont give lot of perks to employees
cafeteria food is less than desirable
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
pay rate
Pharmacy benefits were great
PHYSICIAN PRACTICE OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 19, 2019
Interacting and assisting the patients with their problems, requests,
and appointments was the best part of my job.

The physicians and staff were great to work with.
Pros
Having a break room was ideal
Cons
Management not very supportivve
Good working place
Diet Control Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 17, 2019
Very great working environment assuring that all patient satisfaction is met with support from nursing staff as well as family always putting the patients first
Productive, and Professional Enviroment
Clinical Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLMarch 11, 2019
I did my second rotation at University Hospital. I performed x-rays under a Radiology Technologist. I helped out wherever needed. Very nice staff and friendly atmosphere.
Poor & unethical management in HIM dept
Outpatient Coder I (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 6, 2019
Management is poor & very unethical. If you are a good employee & do what’s morally correct they will make your life miserable & take away your future promotion since you’re now considered politically incorrect for doing the right thing!!! Extremely poor working conditions with mice running around the hospital & management laughing it off like it’s no big deal!!
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Great Place to work
Nurses Aid (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 5, 2019
Loved working at University Hospitals. The nurses are very respectful and always go above and beyond on trying to take care of their patients. Great opportunity for growth.
You have to get the work out
Inventory Expediter (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 28, 2019
The Job is OK. you have to do all that is required of you. Things get hard. High expectations. My favorite part is that it is fast paced & your day goes real fast.
Last time I worked here was over 8 years ago
Staff Nurse, 8CCP Hematology/ Oncology (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 26, 2019
The cliental at UC was stressful. The rules of patient load was ever changing. You were made to be in a union, which was taken out of my paycheck. I feel the union kept people working there that otherwise would have been let go at other facilities. Pay was based upon years worked and not performance. Very toxic environment.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Toxic environment, Union

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.