University Hospitals Employee Reviews

Bizarre Culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 12, 2018
UH is very reactionary, conservative, legally conservative and HR is a total disaster.

There is little to no career path and direction and strategy seem to change from day to day.

For such a large place it's really unorganized and bit chaotic.
Benefits
Cons
Culture and leadership at the top
good place to get your foot in the door
Patient Registrant/Transporter (Current Employee) –  bedford ohioDecember 23, 2018
started off as a patient access rep, good place to start and they will train you,then you can move around to other locations or higher up in patient access
Pros
job is not physically demanding
Cons
benefits expensive, other care staff do not respect you
This place is a joke!
Pharmacy Tech/Med Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 3, 2018
if you are black and smart you are looked down upon by the pharmacists and the ghetto black people will be jealous of you and hate you. in fact they hate you so much that they pick on you and the pharmacists allow it and they say you are lying if you tell a manager and they retaliate and get you fired by lying on you
Pros
the money isn't even great, no raises for black people
Cons
everything about the pharmacy is crooked
over all great place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44106October 29, 2018
great crew to work with good work family busy a work days not a bad to work at all would work for them again great benefits good 401k easy to talk to boss which is always good
Pros
paid vacations
Cons
short breaks
enjoy what I do
Doctors Secretary (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 13, 2018
University Hospital is a great place to work. Great start for my career path. Excited about what comes next. Great benefits and compensation package.
Used to be a great place to work
Direct clinical care (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 1, 2018
Chaotic, poor communication. Management doesn’t understand process and making changes that make no sense
Promotions pre determined, people put in positions that are not qualified. No onsite management in community hospitals. Assignments based on phone software. Non effiecnt throughput process. I would stay away and look at Ccf. Culture is the usual blame the victim and leadership by self deception.
Once again, hired people who have no clue.
Pros
Co workers!
Cons
Management, self deception from leadership.
wonderful company to work for
PATIENT ACCESS REP II (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 12, 2018
Wonderful company to work for.
Good healthcare benefits,
Flexable schedule. Ability to learn different jobs.
Understanding supervisors and managers.
Pros
flexible hours
Fast pace work place, continue education, advancement to higher position
Phlebotomy Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 6, 2018
 Organized activities and prepared work schedules for a staff of 15.
 Documented Quality Assurance issues and assisted with revising operational procedures for assigned area.
 Monitored and evaluated staff performance and participated in performance appraisals.
 Trained personnel, organized competency testing and validated competency of personnel in area. Recognized the individual skill levels and problems of staff and provided coaching.
 Assured area is in compliance with CAP, JCAHO and OSHA regulations.
 Reviewed and approved timecards in Kronos.
Pros
Pot lucks, free meals and chrisymas parties
Cons
Health benefits, free lunch breaks
Doctors Secretary II, Part-Time, Dermatopathology (Current Employee) –  11100 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, Ohio 44206June 11, 2018
University Hospitals is a good place to work. The work environment is professional. There are employee forums to keep us informed of changes to the UH system, which I feel dignifies us as employees. The compensation package is good monitarily, though the health coverage requires more out of pocket than you might expect from a health system.
Pros
Good paycheck, professional work environment
Cons
Health benefits require more out of pocket than expected
University Hospitals is a unique, good place to work.
Division secretary (Former Employee) –  Tower 8January 15, 2019
Working at University was a world of it's own. A lot of politics to get used to. I liked my job, and learned a lot from it. I learned a lot about people and customer service skills. I worked several different jobs at UH. They offered paid tuition. Most of my coworkers were great to work with, Management was good.. Work was busy, most of the time. A lot of multitasking. Which I'm glad I learned, It comes in handy in life. Reading and interpreting some of the MD orders, was probably the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable thing about working there would have to be the people.
Pros
Good food in cafateria. Had parking garages.
Cons
The hours while secretary: 6pm-2:30am
Very fast paced
Patient Conciege (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 30, 2018
Very fast paced environment. Employees are under appreciated. Can be very stressful at times. Some managers don't interact well with employees. Some doctors and staff can be very rude,
Pros
Good benefits and retirement packages
Cons
Health insurance package not employee friendly
Terrible culture and incompetent leadership
Executive Support (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 18, 2018
Turnover is so high because there is no development or advancement opportunities unless you’re already way up the chain; they make it very clear you are replaceable (perhaps they’ll even say it to your face). People who have no business being managers get placed in those roles because of politics, and it stifles the progress of the entire team. HR is there to protect UH, not any lowly employee. This all would be slightly less stressful if they regularly gave cost of living raises. But they don’t, and they expect you to work yourself to death but not go a minute over 40 hours/wk. Worst place I ever worked.
Pros
Camaraderie with other miserable people
Cons
Management, salary, culture, healthcare benefits
Bad management
Cook (Former Employee) –  Geneva, OHJanuary 24, 2019
The,management is horrible in the kitchen! Work you like a dog. The women that have been there,for years are rude, lie and tattle on everything. I have never hated a job more! Do not bother putting yourself through the stress. You will,never be good enough, never work hard enough. I was hired part time always worked full time without a choice.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Bad, management. Horrible coworkers
Quick paced
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 7, 2018
The benefits and employee discounts are very good. My manager was awesome and I had great coworkers. I was in a private practice and they pay their employees less than the main hospital.
Used to be good place to work
Advanced clinical nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 18, 2018
The thing that I initially liked was that the nurses were treated well. As time went on and administration changed, our treatment wasn't as good. For the last few years, I never worked just 40 hrs, I always worked more. We kept being required to work more with less resources.
Benefits
Cons
Long work days
Ultrasound technician (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHJuly 17, 2018
I was required to be registered in both vascular and cardiac ultrasound. UH has a generous paid time off as well as a matching 403 b. The doctors there are wonderful.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too much paper work
Small Hospital
Nurse Technician (Current Employee) –  Bedford, OHJuly 17, 2018
UH has decent benefits. I am not a fan of the rotating shifts. Typical days can be very busy or relatively slow, depending on the staff working there can be a lot of teamwork.
The culture is suffering at University Hospitals.
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 23, 2018
Friends hiring friends while everyone else hard work goes unnoticed. Departments that work together would rather keep logs/records of what their coworkers are not doing rather than come together to find solutions. Quality of work does not seem to be important to this company, quanity seems to override.
You feel almost obligated to befriend management so that you can recieve the benefit of being noticed.
Pros
Flex hours, big organization
Cons
No structure, low raises, favoritism, managers with no experience
In my department EVS, other EVS employees received numerous final warnings but never fired from their positions,totally unfair!
EVS Associate (Former Employee) –  Bedford, OHJanuary 28, 2019
Typical day at work stressful
Did not learn anything
Management cared about being teacher's pet
Worplace culture, none, other employees liked to be a bully and management done nothing about!
Hardest part of job doing other employees work
No enjoyable part of the job, just stress and management didnt care at all!
Pros
No pros
Cons
Cons too many too list
Management is fair
Lead/Senior Revenue Cycle Specialist (Current Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHOctober 25, 2018
My typical day at the job are utilizing my organization skills
I have learned time management is a must and to be very versatile
Management works hard to make things work smoothly and address issues
Workplace culture is amazing, it's fair and open
The hardest part of the job for me is trying not to be board and find creative ways to do my job. I am very advanced and focused on Management positions
The most enjoyable part of my job is my Manager & coworkers are great!
Pros
I have a job
Cons
Insurance is horrible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Hospitals. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.3Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss