University Hospitals
64Average

University Hospitals Employee Reviews

United States773 reviews
Very Positive for the most part
Every company has its issues, my experience with UH has been mostly positive. Very challenging and exciting. I would recommend it to anyone else who is looking for healthcare management experience.
They pay is decent
Other than the pay the company is based on favoritism and who they like the most. It's not about professionalism it's about who management likes the most .
Pros
Good pay
Cons
short breaks, employee favoritism, no professionalism
Job security
Great job if you’re seeking job security. Very nice, and friend staff. Great doctors and, just a great place to work. My job was fairly easy. I came at 4:00am and went over to nursing homes to draw patients labs. I then came back to start processing the specimens.
If it wasn’t a hospital it would be out of business
Horrible management...very reactive instead of proactive. Lies all around. An employee is not informed by the manager of anything. It is the co workers who pass on information
The job can be great at times
If we had Professional Management staff the hospital will run even better. But I do enjoy the coworkers that I work with and I enjoy helping the patients. Because they're the ones that need us the most. University have a lot of work that needs to be done so hopefully in the next 2 years it will be in the making.
Great experience
Great place to work, I gained a lot of experience from being an employee there. I would recommend this place to college students seeking experience in healthcare.
The statement that people don't leave bad jobs they leave bad management applies here.
If like to be treated like a child and micro managed then this is place for you. Getting proper training is a popularity contest but, still evaluated job performance with ZERO training. So good luck because you're going to need it.
Awesome employers
I feel comfortable working for University Hospitals. The people are great (patients, doctors and nurses). Everything is a team effort. If there is an issue it is resolved quickly.
Benefits
University Hospital has great benefits. If you're looking for cheaper benefits this will be a great place to work. It's a busy hospital because it's a level 1 trauma hospital.
Best place to work
Over the years that I worked at university hospitals I have grown tremendously. There continuing education is phenomenal. There was never a dull moment the pay was excellent and very easy to move up within the company.
Quality
Fabulous organization that “walks the walk” of providing high quality health care to a diverse population.
Front-line caregivers are talented and dedicated.
Great work culture and management in various rehab departments. They seem to hire strategically and look for those who can commit to above and beyond patient care.
Great Place to work with flexibility
UH is definitely a great place to work. I am compensated well for the work and I do. There are always learning opportunities. And the flexibility is great for someone with a young family depending on the department you work in.
Poor management
Middle management does not fight for their staff. They treat us like we are expendable. Also, for a medical institution, their medical insurance plan is not great.
Pros
Get a paycheck.
Cons
Difficult to take breaks and time for lunch. Computer charting takes up too much time.
Great place.
This is a great place to work at and it offers great benefits and flexible hours and works with my school schedule but i want a career and better pay for myself
Dont do it
They overwork their employees, very poor management/leadership and a lack there of for advancement. Most people leave. If you have an issue and you report it your case will be closed, management takes up for the people they want. They overlook the others, and barely come to work yet expect you to respect their morals.
Laboratory Lacking Diversity in Upper Management Roles
I have seen a pattern over the years of Clinical Laboratory Sciences mostly men held supervisory roles as times moved on women started to progress into the roles with the exception of people of color. If any maybe a upper role in phlebotomy not in technical coordinator, supervisor nor manager. With that being said non intersection feminist want equal pay and opportunities yet leave out people of color

especially African women. University hospitals need to get with the times and learn from actual f
I am very satisfied with my work
Caring manager and staff do help you when needed

Training is very important and they take it seriously. They sure want to see you suceed
It’s bad
The is it self is cool but the manager are horrible smh !!!!!!! There manager skill suck they play with people job because they can be fired they talk about you with other people telling your business.
Tremendous growth opportunities. Great work environment, staff and locations. Good company for new grads and seasoned professionals. Wonderful compensation and benefits.
Nice place to work with competative wages
Formal work related environment with competative wages. On-site cafeteria. Many opportunities to celebrate birthdays and holidays and outside employment related events.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Hospitals. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.9
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight