University Hospitals Employee Reviews

Not a very good place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Ravenna, OHDecember 6, 2018
The culture there is of small town life where everyone knows your business and the quality of care is mediocre. They environmental dept. Is ran by unskilled people with know leadership in site. The place is filthy in places the public can't see. If you have to seek medical attention , this place should be on the bottom of the list.
Pros
Nice campus
Cons
Food, management, and non changing culture
Fast paced learn as you go self educated work environment
Coding Soecislist (Former Employee) –  Highland Hills, OHDecember 3, 2018
University Hospitsls provides a job for a wage.
The management style of UH is not consistent through out the organization. The company is very disorganized and does not have a cohesive structure for advancement or job improvement.
The actual building I had worked in had several flaws. The climate control was atrocious as we had no air conditioning for months at a time in the summer and winters were also unpredictable. The temperature in the building would fluctuate by thirty degrees from day to day. This did not provide an atmosphere in which a lot of work could be completed quickly and accurately.
Guidelines were changed daily with how our department functioned.
Turn over in my department was enormous. In the two years I was with the department 7 people were hired and left the company.
There was no balance between work and home, even though we were offered flex time it was difficult to schedule anything because you needed to make up the time you missed.
I made a few good friends at UH as my coworkers were a second family to me, but stress levels were enormous and the pay was not significant enough.
Overall my experience at UH is neutral.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Micro managing, overtime, fluctuation in how department is run, cut throat, favoritism
Stressful department at Parma UH Respiratory
RRT (Former Employee) –  ParmaNovember 28, 2018
The respiratory department continues to be poorly managed by all involved. RRTs leave very quickly due to the work environment. Staff retention is a big problem. Those who leave question why it is permitted to stay the way it is. The management staff look for ways to write the respiratory staff up and call it "educational". Smiling faces are few and infrequent.
Pros
free parking
Great Environment
Patient Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 26, 2018
Loved everything about my experience there. My co-workers and the patients that I dealt with on a daily basis, essentially formed how I think about every situation that I come across in my everyday life. To summarize, I grew as a person from all of the great teachers and bosses that I've had at this fantastic company.
serious place to work
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 30, 2018
The workplace culture is one of hardworking individuals working together to get their jobs done. The most enjoyable part of my job are the interactions had between departments to make the hospital better as a whole.
over all great place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44106October 29, 2018
great crew to work with good work family busy a work days not a bad to work at all would work for them again great benefits good 401k easy to talk to boss which is always good
Pros
paid vacations
Cons
short breaks
Very positive for 20 years
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 25, 2018
I no longer wish to work in health care. The climate is no longer patient focused. Staff are overworked. More time is devoted to satisfying outside guidelines and documentation requirements than to care giving
Management is fair
Lead/Senior Revenue Cycle Specialist (Current Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHOctober 25, 2018
My typical day at the job are utilizing my organization skills
I have learned time management is a must and to be very versatile
Management works hard to make things work smoothly and address issues
Workplace culture is amazing, it's fair and open
The hardest part of the job for me is trying not to be board and find creative ways to do my job. I am very advanced and focused on Management positions
The most enjoyable part of my job is my Manager & coworkers are great!
Pros
I have a job
Cons
Insurance is horrible
Overall a good place to work with a family type atmosphere
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 21, 2018
I have enjoyed working at University Hospitals for many years and would recommend it overall as an employer. They are more family oriented and seem to care about their employees on a personal and professional level.
I had a wonderful Supervisor!
Clinical Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 16, 2018
When you have a supervisor who cared for her staff it made it easier to except when you're short staff the days your scheduled to work. There was team work even when we felt there was not a light at the end of the tunnel. We always made it happen. That is what I truly missed with this company.
Pros
Great Management!
Cons
Short Staff
wonderful company to work for
PATIENT ACCESS REP II (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 12, 2018
Wonderful company to work for.
Good healthcare benefits,
Flexable schedule. Ability to learn different jobs.
Understanding supervisors and managers.
Pros
flexible hours
Bizarre Culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 12, 2018
UH is very reactionary, conservative, legally conservative and HR is a total disaster.

There is little to no career path and direction and strategy seem to change from day to day.

For such a large place it's really unorganized and bit chaotic.
Benefits
Cons
Culture and leadership at the top
Great Hospital System
Train and Mentor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 8, 2018
This is a great Hospital system to work for. They care about their employees and there are always positions available. I would recommend working here.
Career advancement
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 7, 2018
Awesome place to work and progress in your career. I have learned a lot as a RN and look forward to being a NP in the near future. I would recommend employment to any nurse looking to learn.
Love helping the families.
PCAN Personal Care Nursing Assistant/ Secretary (Current Employee) –  Rainbow 5 med surge floorOctober 5, 2018
I love my working with the staff and helping those in need give me joy when family and patient have the trust and bond with them. Also meeting new people from all cultures
not my favoirte
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 2, 2018
Too relaxed for me, no structured orientation, eating at desks and at pt care locations. Found people sleeping at the nursing stations. Messy, cluttered, dirty and needs updating
fun place to work, very fast paced, team oriented
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 1, 2018
I enjoyed working at UH. It was a very fast paced environment. I loved the energy of my co-workers and the patients. I loved working as a team and everyday was a different experience.
Pros
catered lunches
Cons
short breaks, and long hours
amazing job
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 30, 2018
i loved everything about this job. from the culture to the management team. they were all fun and friendly. ive learned alot working there. and would love to rejoin the team.
productive
Patient Access Representative I (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHSeptember 30, 2018
University is a great place to work. a typical day at work consist of 12hrs, and will generally be busy the whole shift. the most enjoyable part of my job has to be the patients.
I worked the Night Shift for a year and I was not use to working that shift
Division Secretary (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 24, 2018
My nights consist of making admission packs for our floor, I also learned how to do inventory and ordering supplies. I did not have much interaction with the supervisor simply because when I started my shift they would be gone. I would usually meet with them when they arrived the following morning and we would sit and talk about any concerns we had and they would ask me about how my night. Once again the hardest part was the expiration of a patient(death) and having to cry with friends and family members. The enjoyable We all would sit around and keep each other from going to sleep by listening to music, talking about our goals, dreams, family, telling jokes etc.
Pros
The Night Shift
Cons
Enjoying each other company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Hospitals. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.3Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss