University Hospitals Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
n/a
Doctor's Secretary (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHMay 6, 2018
A typical day at my job is basically very busy. A lot of people to deal with but at the end of day, my job is very fulfilling. The workplace is multi-cultural environment.
Typical Day at University Hospitals
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 5, 2018
I begin my day with going to our waiting room where I prepare bagels coffee for the families of patients in surgery. After all of the food is served, I go back to my office where I meet with my supervisor so that she can tell me my assignments for the day. I then complete the given assignment for the rest of the day. Occasionally, I will walk over to the Rainbows Babies & Children and care for some of the kids that are patients in the department.
short staffed
Practice Administrator/Senior PAS (Current Employee) –  SeidmanApril 27, 2018
UH is a great place to work but you will work. UH is constantly short staffed. Management is mostly budget minded. The work is challenging and fulfilling but employee burnout is rampant.
Rn
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 26, 2018
University Hospitals is a great place to grow and learn as a registered nurse. They provide great benefits as well as career and advancement opportunities.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44106April 24, 2018
Management didn't delegate very well, they had their favorites. I loved that I was kept busy and was advanced to the ICU, but felt I was treated unfair because I was given double work because of efficiency in my work.
Pros
Loved job and coworkers
Cons
Supervisors
Great team work and collaboration
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 19, 2018
Love helping to create ways to automate reporting that helps find opportunities for improvement in patient care and hospital operations. I am constantly learning new things, new software, new lean techniques and working together with our team, new ways to look at and interpret data.
Pros
Great team, hard working peers
Cons
my current drive to work
Work equivalent to pay
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 17, 2018
Position is comprised of high volume computer based work. Organization is key to being successful. There is always something to learn in your role or that of the department.
Pros
Work life balance, Pto
Cons
For a hospital, the healthcare coverage could be better
Clinical Implementation
Senior Clinical Program Director (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 9, 2018
The staff at UH was very interested and successful in their areas of expertise. There was however, no integration between Management, Staff and the Clinical environment.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Poor Upper Management
drama
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Shaker Heights, OHApril 9, 2018
There was a lot of drama in the area that I worked in. Poor management in the area and turnover of managers. There were three managers in one year.

Loved working with co-workers though. Met some lifelong friends. They were what made the job and the drama not as bad, A little humor goes a long way when you're in the trenches together.
Pros
good pay
Cons
drama
lack of team environment
Registered Nurse - ICU Stepdown Unit (Parma) (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 5, 2018
culture of blame, no continuous improvement/education, cut throat, sink or swim, individualism, no teamwork, up to 7 patients on ICU stepdown with critical patients, prayed that patients didn't die on your shift d/t high RN to patient ratios.
fun
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 3, 2018
The job that I work at is great. Im extremely fond of the people I work with and others grown to love in different departments. I would 9/10 times definitely recommend this job to others.
Uh
Senior Patient Account Specialists (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 26, 2018
Very nice place to work with room for advancement. New system great people to work with, good benefits, 401k. Free parking and multiple ways to help with your advancement within the company.
Pros
Room for advancement no feeto park
Cons
It's located by the workhouse
University Hospitals
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 14, 2018
I have worked at University Hospitals collectively for 10 years. I have been satisfied with the pay that I have received for the work load that I have. The benefits are so-so, but it is a family atmosphere and your management staff is very flexible and family oriented.
Not very satisfied
Patient Registration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 11, 2018
University Hospitals had a lot of bed bug infestations. They were just everywhere. You couldn't escape from them. It just wasn't worth the risk.

The job was low paying and it was a real pain to get to work - I had to drive to the rapid station, take the rapid, then the shuttle bus, then walk a long way. It just was not worth it. I rarely saw daylight. When I left in the morning, it was dark, and when I got off the rapid, it was dark. It took so much time to get to work that, after the rapid fees and hours getting to and fro, I believe it all amounted to minimum wage.

At times I tried driving but could not stand the congestion of the traffic during peak hours. Then I had to park in this filthy employee lot that was far away from the hospital and employees were frequently robbed and/or assaulted.

You have all of the people from the college and the hospitals that it is nothing but chaotic down there. Never again!
Pros
It's attractive inside
Cons
Getting to work and low pay
Great work environment
Mother & Infant Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 3, 2018
I work as a nurse at University Hospitals and I love it! It is a supportive environment with great staff and management. It is hard work and I am busy all day long, but it is worth it.
Pros
good salary, great staff
Cons
insurance isn't great, hard to get a day shift position
autonomony is supported
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 2, 2018
Independent work environment. Supported by immediate manager. Sense of competition and strong push to meet numbers. Needs a touch of warmth towards staff and sense of support.
Pros
weekend program
Great Co-Workers with Ineffective Managers
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHMarch 1, 2018
The pace is very fast and you are expected to put patients through faster than you safely should. Everything is about numbers, not safe, effective, patient-centered care. This is not consistent with the standards of University Hospitals. Honestly, if it wasn't for the caliber of nurses working here, this place would be a disaster every day. We make it work with little resources and staff, and we rarely get thanked for our hard work. Taking time off is nearly impossible and the manager that does the scheduling makes mistakes every day. It is very frustrating.
Room to grow with the right management
Practice Lead (Former Employee) –  Geauga County, OHFebruary 28, 2018
A typical day at work was ALWAYS stressful. I learned to double check and triple check what was told to me on a daily basis. The management only listened to one side of the story. The workplace culture could be overwhelming at times. The hardest part of the job was trying to avoid "clicks" with other employees. The most enjoyable part was encountering and getting to know the patients.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Poor management
Workplace culture
Nursing Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Richmond Heights, OH 44143February 27, 2018
University hospitals of Richmond has a very inviting and friendly environment. Since I have been employed with the university hospital there has been nothing but positive encounters with the staff members.
Great learning experience
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 25, 2018
I enjoyed being here.i did not enjoy the fact that I was the only second shift aide on the unit for the first 5 months of working there which basically required me to travel to the Eastside everyday at night and walk to my car in the dark because I missed a shuttle
Pros
Great place
Cons
Parking of site and missing the shuttle

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Hospitals. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.3Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss