University Hospitals Employee Reviews

I had a wonderful Supervisor!
Clinical Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 16, 2018
When you have a supervisor who cared for her staff it made it easier to except when you're short staff the days your scheduled to work. There was team work even when we felt there was not a light at the end of the tunnel. We always made it happen. That is what I truly missed with this company.
Pros
Great Management!
Cons
Short Staff
Bizarre Culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 12, 2018
UH is very reactionary, conservative, legally conservative and HR is a total disaster.

There is little to no career path and direction and strategy seem to change from day to day.

For such a large place it's really unorganized and bit chaotic.
Benefits
Cons
Culture and leadership at the top
Great Hospital System
Train and Mentor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 8, 2018
This is a great Hospital system to work for. They care about their employees and there are always positions available. I would recommend working here.
amazing job
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 30, 2018
i loved everything about this job. from the culture to the management team. they were all fun and friendly. ive learned alot working there. and would love to rejoin the team.
A great learning facility.
R. EEG T. (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 25, 2018
University Hospitals of Cleveland is a great place to learn and experience many aspects of the medical field. There are wonderful physicians, nurses and ancillary staff throughout. Great place to work.
Rewarding job with great co-workers
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHAugust 14, 2018
Great place to work with the right people. I worked for University Hospitals for almost 14 years. Loved my job, my co-workers and my patients. Many patients became my friends. Unfortunately my job was posted and filled because I had been out of work since April due to Breast Cancer surgery and other treatments that followed.
Pros
The office hours, weekends and holidays off, working with friends
Cons
Too fast paced, not enough help
Quick paced
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 7, 2018
The benefits and employee discounts are very good. My manager was awesome and I had great coworkers. I was in a private practice and they pay their employees less than the main hospital.
Oppurtunity for personal advancement
CLINICAL APPLICATION ANALYST II (Current Employee) –  Shaker Heights, OHAugust 1, 2018
Great place to work. Excellent leadership. Positive working atmosphere. Cares about their employees. Provide ample employee fun times. Great benefit package.
Pros
Upbeat work atomosphere
Cons
Working in a cubicle tends to be loud and make it difficult to concentrate.
Great relationships between myself and contractors and hospital executives
Executive of Community Hospitals Construction (Former Employee) –  Cleavland, OhioJuly 27, 2018
It was again one of those great jobs. I was laid off due to completion of all hospital construction projects. In my position I work closely with architects, engineers and contractors to achieve the required upgrades and new structures.
Pros
Free to do my job
Cons
My superviser was not up to her position
Small Hospital
Nurse Technician (Current Employee) –  Bedford, OHJuly 17, 2018
UH has decent benefits. I am not a fan of the rotating shifts. Typical days can be very busy or relatively slow, depending on the staff working there can be a lot of teamwork.
fun place
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHJuly 17, 2018
This is a great place to work. If I had an issue all I had to do was call and always got the help or answers that I needed. I got along great with everyone as well.
Ultrasound technician (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHJuly 17, 2018
I was required to be registered in both vascular and cardiac ultrasound. UH has a generous paid time off as well as a matching 403 b. The doctors there are wonderful.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too much paper work
Supply Chain Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 12, 2018
On a typical working day I was always on the move. I never was bored at work, there was A LOT walking but I was never bored. I transferred waste, urine, and blood to the DNA bank in the hospital. I restocked almost every floor in there. Being in the hospital was just an overall amazing experience.
Pretty good place to work, management needs improvement
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bedford, OHJuly 10, 2018
UH is a pretty nice place to work, they care about their employees and do try to go the extra mile for them... management however, sometimes falls short due to their emphasis on budget goals and surveys.
good start for my career in respiratory
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 25, 2018
As a new respiratory therapist I was able to learn the basics and become comfortable and confident in my position.
There are many locations which offers more available opportunities.
Upper management needs to be held accountable too.
Medical billing (Current Employee) –  Ravenna, OHJune 12, 2018
My director is so bad she chased off one manager and most of the staff.
Upper management has no accountability. We are forced to do work we are not trained for.
Pros
Coworkers are great
Cons
Director upper management health insurance is horrible
Anice place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 12, 2018
University is an experienceyou learn so much about procedures in different depths and how to use them to your advantage if you are trying to move up within the hospital.Environmental Service dept look out for their employees,plus they have appreciation month where they have activities for their employees.They give points for where you can go on line to different stores and shop,picnics plus at the end of the year they have a black and white ball for the employees
Pros
Meal tickets etc.
Cons
Short breaks only if needed
Medical Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OH 44117June 4, 2018
Answering phones. Learned how to be patient. Management was dedicated the hardest part of the job is when the system crash. The most enjoyable is working with great team players.
Opportunities limited to me
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 31, 2018
I wanted to enter the fundraising role and this position allowed me the opportunity, however it did not allow for additional growth. It's unfortunate that I may have to leave UH for new opportunities.
Pros
Start up opportunity
Cons
No additional growth in my current area
Good place
Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 28, 2018
Opportunities are what you make them here. Work with Human Resources to help map out a career development plan. Continue to become educated and certified to make yourself more employable for different positions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Hospitals. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

2.3Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss