University Medical Center of Southern Nevada

University Medical Center of Southern Nevada Employee Reviews

Great benefits. Pride to serve a commuinty
RN (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 24, 2019
A great place to work and invest for wonderful pension plans and benefits. Culturally diverse and a strong union power. Generous PTO hours and lots of rooms to grow
Best place to work in Las Vegas
Trauma ICU Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 24, 2019
This was THE place to learn and experience new ideas in the medical field. Pharmacy was extremely progressive here and we had many inservices to teach us new innovative ways of doing things. I enjoyed learning so many new ways of doing things. I went in a pharmacist and came out a SUPER PHARMACIST. This was one of the happiest times of my career. I felt completely fulfilled working here.
Pros
Many teaching opportunties
Cons
Horrible, inconsistent scheduling
Personal opinion
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 15, 2019
Honestly I did not want to part with UMC unfortunately I had a death in the family which led me to not be stable at the time. But If I could go back I would
Content with job
Charge RN (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 9, 2018
UMcSN is a very good place to work for. This has been evident through employees that have been here for 20 plus years.Staff and employees are very helpful. UMCSN support its employee career advancements.
Good environment to work
Admission Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 1, 2018
Nice environment to work, good training, and good benefits. I learnt a lot of the medical system from working at UMC. Dealing with patient and Insurances Companies.
Pros
Good break system
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 10, 2018
UMC has been a great learning experience. Through the years there have been challenges but as a team we have always been able to work together and make positive changes.
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 8, 2018
Management can be very vicious and there are cliques. A lot of gossip. No trust amongst staff. Can not confide in management. They will turn on you. Disrespect
Pros
Awesome people
Cons
Corrupt
Increased compensation
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  University Medical Center of Southern NevadaSeptember 6, 2018
Overall good place to work. However as UMC grows as an academic medical center administration will need to address putting more resources in to the clinical practice of the bedside nursing staff. For example compensation and reimbursement for achieving clinical certifications.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Lack of incentive for bedside nursing staff
Great learning experience
Contracts Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 29, 2018
Interned here for 3 months. Great learning opportunities for students. The premier teaching hospital in southern Nevada. I would love to be employed at the institution.
Pros
Free lunches, diversity, motivated administration
Cons
Miscommunication from top-down
Great while I was working.
Data Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 24, 2018
Need more advancement opportunities. Need to be informed of job availability and opportunities. A lot of miscommunication during the transition of the electronic records system during that transition. I was willing to go above and beyond for advancement, but no opportunity given.
Not a team orientation culture
Director (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 15, 2018
Unfortunately more concerned about climbing the ladder instead of working together and growing the team. This is mainly predominately in leadership positions throughout the organization.
Average Trauma Center
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 9, 2018
Too many people in management doing nothing and just chitchat 3/4 of their time.
Never feel appreciate for the last 11 yrs.
So glad and very happy to retire early.
Pros
<10 yrs experience, your ok > 10 yrs your better of somewhere.
I enjoy working at UMC!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 4, 2018
My typical work day as a CNA is busy. I deal with alot of patients a day. I enjoy doing what I do. I like that i am able to help my patient when needed and even put a smile on their face at times. Sometimes that little smile can make a big difference. Management is great everyone work as a team. The hardest part of my job is seeing my patients in pain.
Great Benefits
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 23, 2018
The most enjoyable part of working at UMC was the satisfaction in providing excellent customer service to patients, families, and insurance companies.
Great experience. Decent pay. Good benefits.
Charge Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 14, 2018
Shift change report. Stock rooms. Patient care. Call backs. Assist physicians. Assist with procedures. Charting. Ordering supplies. monitoring patients and arranging transports to hospital when indicated.
Pros
good experience.
Cons
Busy clinic. Hard work.
N\a
Management Analyst, Medical Staff Services (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2018
UMC is a a good place to work. I have worked at the organization for more than 20 years. I have made long lasting friends. The most enjoyable part of my job all the training and education i was able to assist with.
Oustanding
Physician Assistant and ambulatory float (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 1, 2018
If I didn't have to leave Las Vegas for Florida, I would still be working for UMC. Working per diem at the various ambulatory care clinics while still being under the umbrella of the UMC was beneficial for the patient. There was always referrals and consultation available.
Pros
Rotating the Ambulatory Care Clinics
Cons
None.
Great people to work with
Registered Nurse, Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89102June 27, 2018
The people are great to work with. They become your family. The schedule is based on seniority but there are people always willing to switch with you.
very professional work environment
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89102June 19, 2018
We are a very diverse hospital, I have had the pleasure of working with very professional & nice people. I have enjoyed it very much. It is a county hospital with very good benefits. I would of stayed here until I retired if it was not for me relocating.
It was stressful at times, the work load never slows down but we all helped each other when needed.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
stressfull as work load was always high
relaxed work environment
Data Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 18, 2018
I love working at UMC. My former supervisor and manager do not micromanage what you do as long as you do your job. As a matter of fact, our US Acute Care office is at UMC facility.