University School Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Understanding people
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMarch 29, 2018
Great people to work with you and make certain you are welcome. Great lesson plans fixed for the students to administer. Great friends with the librarian.
Fast pace working enviornment
Assistant Equipment Manager (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJanuary 23, 2018
My typical day at U school, was interacting with the athletes daily. Setting up for sporting events and learning the back end of what goes into putting in a sporting events. Physically demanding.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
No breaks
Helpful to student teachers
Student Teacher (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJuly 4, 2017
Very supportive to student teachers. Teachers want to help and give students an opportunity to learn and to teach. Wide variety of students, from Honors to General.
treated with respect
Housekeeping/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Shaker Heights, OHJune 21, 2016
Housekeeping is a self motivating job and have to have a good work ethic. The school treats their employees well and I always feel appreciated.
Pros
holidays off 401K
Cons
2nd shift
Growing education
After School Instructor (Former Employee) –  Shaker Heights, OHJanuary 7, 2015
I was able to work on my schoool work, while maintaining a learning enviorment for all my students.
Intern
College Intern (Former Employee) –  Shaker Heights, OHAugust 27, 2014
great learning opportunity to get grasp at what teaching will be like post graduating from college. enjoyed the coworkers and students.
College Prep School K-12
CLASSROOM TEACHER/NEW TEACHER COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FloridaSeptember 18, 2012
Excellent learning experience
Department Chair for World Language Department
New Teacher Coordinator
A verfy satisfying place to work. Private Schools make you "one family".
Administrative Assistant to the Director (Former Employee) –  Shaker Heights, OHMarch 11, 2012
It was absolutely a most positive and ensuring workplace to be. All, and I mean all employees are team workers, caring and we all worked toward the same goal....which was taking care of the students for the best of education, and a safe educational place to be. I would not have any negative comments on this educational place, and it's warm persons to help all. The parents are the strength of the school, and the director made sure, always, that they were indeed "the strength" and holders of their children's education. Directors/headmasters always made the parents feel they were the leaders - leaders of the school (because as we know the cost is high), and led them to know they made a good decision in choosing this education. The "open door" of the Director/Headmaster was always there. *I liked watching and being a part of that acceptance.
Pros
all benefits were substantial and comfortable.
Cons
"nepotism" seemed present for hiring.