University Settlement Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Wonderful Experience Ill never forget
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 9, 2018
The settlement is a family apart of a bigger family. Outside of the work it self you meet and interact with so many that its a bonus along with the great work you are actually doing. As with every job they're are slight personal issues between management and their employees. Doesn't apply to every situation though, most higher ups show loyalty and are committed to the task and the team.
Great Learning Experience
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2018
If there were more options for advancement and competitive pay then I would love to work another 15 years.
There are many training courses and development days allotted to the staff for knowledge enhancement. the only way to advance to the next level is to complete a degree in which I cannot financially commit to.
Fun with children
Summer youth counselor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 23, 2018
It was a fun exerince job for me. This kids was very energtic and fun to be around. Very respectful job place and enviorment for the kids . Also they had alot fun from muenus to play to water parks.
It’s great
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 21, 2018
They will treat you the way you treat them. Honestly a great company/organization to work with because of how they’re willing to work. Highway reccomend everyone to apply as long as you put in work.
n/a
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 11, 2018
im not gonna influence your decision but dont let this distract you from the fact that alot of important political person are showing up missing and it your job to find them
N/a
Lead Teacher for Universal Pre-K (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 6, 2018
Overall, the center is relaxed and easy going. There are restrictions in place that limits children’s experiences and makes the school climate pretty dull. Which also influences the teacher’s and students attitude about the structure of the program. Doesn’t seem to have much opportunity for career advancement.
Pros
Hour lunch, employee benefits on shopping, travel and entertainment
Cons
Gain hours towards vacation and sick days, 12 month program
working with people
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 2, 2018
I enjoyed the people I worked with and helping others in the community is a big part of why I was there and giving people an ear to vent about what's going on in their lives weather good or bad.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
enviroment
Great community asset
Family Child Specialist - Internship (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 23, 2018
If you want to work w kids and do home visits in the community- it's for you..BUT not a great internship. The current staff have been there forever..great people- growing fast
Great
Native English Instructor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 30, 2018
Very enriching. Love the students. But its only temporary position. It ends in June with the summer off.

Overall its a great work environment. Some may things the required professional development is excessive, but I love it. Get trained while you work and boost your skills and resume.
Good part-time job
Part-Time Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2018
University Settlement pays well for a part time job that also gives paid holidays, Paid vacation days, paid sick days, and paid personal days. The hours are flexible and my managers are very nice. I would definitely recommend it as a part-time gig. For full-time opportunities it seems like benefits are great, pay isn't high, minimal career advancement.
Pros
Great benefits, great part-time pay
Cons
Full-time opportunities are budget limited and minimal career advancement.
Good place to work, no benefits
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 21, 2018
I learned a lot from my time at University Settlement, the children and experience i had while working there showed me to appreciate the value of being a role model it was a great experience.
Pros
the children
benefits
wokplace
Health Care Administration Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2018
when i was a this place i did it for an internship.i work monday-friday from 9-5 we help put audit wok together. it was a cool place and the people there is v nice
favoritism and rampant inappropriate behavior of repercussions
Assistant Director of Middle Schools (Former Employee) –  New York NYNovember 18, 2017
I enjoy working here for quite some years until 2015 when the CEO retired and managerial shifts began internally. It was a stressed filled game of scapegoating and getting in numbers, the social work aspect of the job was depleted and burn out began with no support.
Pros
families and communities
Cons
managers with no social services experience
Enviorment
Counselor, Group Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 16, 2017
I think the best portion of the job was being able to give back and work with children. I was able to work with kids from elementary up until high school and it was a great experience. If it wasn't for the amount of hours I'd still like to work there. Convenient and close to home.
Pros
Close to Home
Cons
Not enought hours
fun place to work and wonderful staff and management.
Blended Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2017
Typical day 10-6 PM field visits and office work. I learned to be more compassionate working with the families and team work at the office. Treatment plans and Assessments intakes and opening and closing cases were part of my days work. Management were supportive of us not being in the office often due to making quota of visits per month.. Culture was diverse. Best part of my job was seeing client's graduating from the program meeting their goals. Hardest part was closing certain cases.
Pros
free movie trips
Cons
no pension
Good workplace for first time workers
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 9, 2017
This is a great job for students coming straight from high school. It teaches you how to be independent and responsible. A typical work day was 4 hours. The workplace provided a safe and loving environment for the children that attended the after school. I've learned how to connect with children of different age ranges, ethnic backgrounds, and learning styles.The hardest part about the job was the pay. Other than that, it was very rewarding to have a connection and be an inspiration to the kids.
Pros
Flexible hours, learning experience
Cons
pay
Fun Work Place
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2017
Staff was great to work with each other. Just needs to be more organized. Communication throughout all site needs to be the same. Giving the line staff more opportunity.
productive work place and fun to be around my coworkers
Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2017
Most days I came in at 8:45 am started my day at 9:00 am and was well treated like family. I learned more about the billing and coding aspect of the job. I did filling and verfiying the clients charts and making sure that everything was in order and correct. The management team was very nice to me and gave me lots of compliments on my job performance and for finding things wrong and out of place. The hardest part for me was leaving and not being able to get hired because i was an intern worker. I enjoyed going to work each day.
Pros
not competitive with each other
Cons
dont hire the intern
part-time
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Lower East Side, NYAugust 28, 2017
Part-time job, fee-for-service. Very pleasant and satisfying working environment. Excellent supervisors and co-workers. Everyone is supportive and working towards a mutual goal.
Great for the kids
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2017
Very professional and straight forward. Kids are treated great. I wish they had a location in Queens. The only reason I left was that it was too far for me to travel.