University Settlement Employee Reviews

nice job
Family Support Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2018
im still new here but it is a nice place to work. everyone is nice to each other, and in services day are a lot of fun. pay is good, it could be better but it is fine at the moment
Pros
nice place to work, co-workers, paid good enough
Cons
Fun and collaborative environment with support for growth!
Paid Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 25, 2018
Relaxed and supportive, everyone was trusted in their decisions and brought ideas to the team. There was room to grow and opportunity to move up, but often employees left.
Pros
Flexible hours and paid overtime
Cons
Low pay
Awsome
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2018
The culture is laid back and an awesome place to work if your trying to work with kids. The trips we go on along with the school are fun and engaging. The hardest part of the job I'd say is just keeping up with the kids!
Most of my work is done as a volunteer.
Volunteer Receptionist & Hunger Center Assisant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 1, 2018
I volunteer at University Settlement in the hunger center. I work with a diversity of people. I enjoy the work that I do being able to assist others in time of need.
Awesome-co-workers great.
Finance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland OhioJuly 31, 2018
Work at the settlement,for office manager to daycare bus driver,to the finance office
A day-very fun and qiuite,I was in a 3 person office.
Management-2009.Not sure.
Hardest was leaving laid off.
Going in to work everyday.
Pros
Every day at work.Learning something new.
Cons
Was just the funding for the settlement.
Amazing place to work
Administrative Assistant/ Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 31, 2018
A typical day at work is great. Working in a junior high school and watching the children get really excited for after school. Planning trips and activities for my students are amazing. They are very respectful and enthusiastic. My coworkers and management staff are spectacular. The hardest part of this job is having my 8th graders graduate and go on to high school.
Lead Family Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 19, 2018
Great agency serving the Broadway and Slavic Village community to learn grow and thrive. The staff is committed to serving individuals in a respectful way that meets people where they are at.
Wonderful Experience Ill never forget
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 9, 2018
The settlement is a family apart of a bigger family. Outside of the work it self you meet and interact with so many that its a bonus along with the great work you are actually doing. As with every job they're are slight personal issues between management and their employees. Doesn't apply to every situation though, most higher ups show loyalty and are committed to the task and the team.
Great Learning Experience
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2018
If there were more options for advancement and competitive pay then I would love to work another 15 years.
There are many training courses and development days allotted to the staff for knowledge enhancement. the only way to advance to the next level is to complete a degree in which I cannot financially commit to.
Fun with children
Summer youth counselor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 23, 2018
It was a fun exerince job for me. This kids was very energtic and fun to be around. Very respectful job place and enviorment for the kids . Also they had alot fun from muenus to play to water parks.
It’s great
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 21, 2018
They will treat you the way you treat them. Honestly a great company/organization to work with because of how they’re willing to work. Highway reccomend everyone to apply as long as you put in work.
n/a
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 11, 2018
im not gonna influence your decision but dont let this distract you from the fact that alot of important political person are showing up missing and it your job to find them
N/a
Lead Teacher for Universal Pre-K (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 6, 2018
Overall, the center is relaxed and easy going. There are restrictions in place that limits children’s experiences and makes the school climate pretty dull. Which also influences the teacher’s and students attitude about the structure of the program. Doesn’t seem to have much opportunity for career advancement.
Pros
Hour lunch, employee benefits on shopping, travel and entertainment
Cons
Gain hours towards vacation and sick days, 12 month program
working with people
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 2, 2018
I enjoyed the people I worked with and helping others in the community is a big part of why I was there and giving people an ear to vent about what's going on in their lives weather good or bad.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
enviroment
Great community asset
Family Child Specialist - Internship (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 23, 2018
If you want to work w kids and do home visits in the community- it's for you..BUT not a great internship. The current staff have been there forever..great people- growing fast
Great
Native English Instructor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 30, 2018
Very enriching. Love the students. But its only temporary position. It ends in June with the summer off.

Overall its a great work environment. Some may things the required professional development is excessive, but I love it. Get trained while you work and boost your skills and resume.
Good part-time job
Part-Time Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2018
University Settlement pays well for a part time job that also gives paid holidays, Paid vacation days, paid sick days, and paid personal days. The hours are flexible and my managers are very nice. I would definitely recommend it as a part-time gig. For full-time opportunities it seems like benefits are great, pay isn't high, minimal career advancement.
Pros
Great benefits, great part-time pay
Cons
Full-time opportunities are budget limited and minimal career advancement.
Good place to work, no benefits
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 21, 2018
I learned a lot from my time at University Settlement, the children and experience i had while working there showed me to appreciate the value of being a role model it was a great experience.
Pros
the children
benefits
wokplace
Health Care Administration Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2018
when i was a this place i did it for an internship.i work monday-friday from 9-5 we help put audit wok together. it was a cool place and the people there is v nice
favoritism and rampant inappropriate behavior of repercussions
Assistant Director of Middle Schools (Former Employee) –  New York NYNovember 18, 2017
I enjoy working here for quite some years until 2015 when the CEO retired and managerial shifts began internally. It was a stressed filled game of scapegoating and getting in numbers, the social work aspect of the job was depleted and burn out began with no support.
Pros
families and communities
Cons
managers with no social services experience