University of Alabama Employee Reviews

Management was terrible, gossiping and so much more...NOT WORTH IT!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 10, 2018
Working in Public Safety at The University of Alabama is not worth any of the money! The insurance is great, but not worth your happiness. They drain your happiness and if you do not go along with their scheme, you go on the bad list.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
A lot
Family and team environment, flexibility, caring supervisors
Work Study Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  School of Social WorkJuly 9, 2018
Everyone would pitch in to assist another employee to complete a task, if needed.
My supervisor would always try to work around my school schedule
Fun social events
Fun place to work and friendly co-workers
Administrative Assistant - Dean's Office (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 5, 2018
This is a great place to work, they offer a discount if you would like to go back to school. Everyone worked as a team. I loved my job and the people that worked there.
Pros
Everyone worked together as a team
N/a
Direct Care Safety (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 1, 2018
UA offers many support services to benefit faculty and staff and create a positive, enriching work environment. Below are some of the most commonly used services to help navigate working at the Capstone
Productive and innovative workplace.
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 27, 2018
Being a undergraduate researcher at The University of Alabama was a learning experience. It taught me time management, proper research techniques and safety, and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Being able to work in a research group under a professor is an important skill to have in the chemistry field.
Researcher V (Laboratory Manager) (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 18, 2018
Several items make UAB a good place to work. There are many strengths in working for a large healthcare employer. And, the work environment is very positive.
Productive and positive environment
"Flare Gun" mobile app developer (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 13, 2018
Very positive environment to learn and improve your skills. The University of Alabama does a very good job at keeping up to date with the latest technology and wants the students and employees to take full advantage of them.
Pros
Free software, available staff and management
Cons
Communication trickles down slowly
It is an experience like no other
Employee (Current Employee) –  AlabamaJune 4, 2018
It is truly a microcosm of society. It mirrors real life experiences. You have to be willing to fight the good fight to ensure that you are at least noticed.
Pysician Administrative in
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 25, 2018
Working for a doctor one on one can be rewarding, because of the experience in so many areas. University of Alabama is a great place to work and I recommend the departments that I have worked.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Hard to get in.
It was amazing
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 22, 2018
The manager was exceedingly nice and understandable. when given orientation the demonstrator was very hands on. The job time and money was worth it. It wasn't stressful and it wasn't a competitive job. Everyone worked as a team player.
Opportunities abound
Senior Information Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 18, 2018
What an opportunity to grow and learn! I was afforded many opportunities to take care of things that needed to be done, and I had support of my management.
Huge college with work opportunities everywhere
Stadium assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 12, 2018
I worked with the athletic department. I did random jobs required throughout various seasons. Helped people with finding seats to wiping floors in the basketball games. Very relaxed but not glorious by any means.
Pros
Free athletic gear as uniform
Cons
Only worked when there were sporting events
Fast paced place to work
Football Strength and Conditioning Intern (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 8, 2018
I worked as a strength and conditioning intern in the weight room working with football team. It was very fast paced we started early in the morning. If you work here you better get after it and work hard.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALApril 30, 2018
Student employee. Worked while obtaining my bachelor's degree in chemical engineering. Worked around 20 hours per week at the most, and tutored students in various stem fields.
good working conditions
Data Center Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALApril 26, 2018
good benefits package. well, well well. you are working at the univeristy of alabama. that should look good on your resume. this is just filler for completing a cell reuirement.
Pros
training oportunities are plentiful
Cons
limited hours
Great School
Tax Preparer, Save First (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALApril 14, 2018
I had a really good time in here. People in Tuscaloosa are square friendly. The job is not hard because you will always have someone can help you. People answer your question every time when you ask them.
Graduate Student Review
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALApril 12, 2018
I was a chemistry graduate student while I was there. We sort of existed in this gray area between employees and students. I learned a lot and the faculty were great, but the stress comes with the degree.
schhol
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALApril 10, 2018
This was a research internship so the experience was great and definitely help me determine i was going to try to attend grad school.

but also, this was an internship for 3 months so not a ongoing job.
Enjoy working
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 6, 2018
It's just a typical day that I learned something different every day. I love working, learning, meeting new people and responsible tasks that I have to face on the daily basic. Which make me a better, leader, hard worker.
Very Relaxed Atmosphere
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 28, 2018
A typical day at work is very productive and nonstressful. Management were very professional and knowledgeable. The hardest part of the job is that it was funded on "soft money" and could end at any time with extreme budget cuts.
Pros
One hour lunches
Cons
Funded on Soft Money