University of Arizona Employee Reviews

Can be relaxed, but fast-paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 9, 2018
I was paid in a timely manner and fully trusted the university to treat me fairly. Depending on the position, most of the time I felt I could be casual. The best part of the job was getting to know your fellow coworkers.
Fun workplace and great job
New Student Orientations (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 3, 2018
Working at the University of Arizona over the summer was a great experience. I learned team building skills and also customer service skills that can be useful for your daily life.
is good
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 30, 2018
I was a graduate student, and worked as a tutor/research assistant. The campus is big, but easy. I wish I never left the University of Arizona, the libraries are among the best in the world.
Graduate School Experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 25, 2018
as expected for graduate school, this is a great place to start. good research programs, good professors, however, the location is not ideal, remote from business centers.
Great Company
Social Media Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 16, 2018
Good company to work for. Would recommend, if interested in the realm of high education. This is the perfect start to be able to evolve and grow into a working professional.
Best Job I've Had
RESEARCH TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 14, 2018
I really enjoyed this job because I learned something new everyday. Everybody in my building was very nice to and that made it much more enjoyable. You make your own hours so you have to know how to motivate yourself which I enjoyed.
enjoyed working here
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 11, 2018
I learned a lot I loved the trauma and how the trauma unit was ran. Doctors seemed to value their staff that was helping them achieve a goal. respiratory staff was great
Good place
Office of Engineering Administration (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 9, 2018
The University of Arizona has a lot to offer for student employees and work study recipients. It serves as a great work environment for students looking to get some experience under their belt.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Bookstore Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 7, 2018
Working at the University of Arizona bookstore was one of my favorite jobs thus far. Everyday I had the opportunity to work with other students as well as parents, and faculty. I enjoyed the various interactions I received, as well as connections that I made during that time.
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 5, 2018
While going to school this was a great position. It was convenient and looks great on a resume. Plus teaching small classes was an absolute blast. The most fun I had in a job.
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 26, 2018
Good place to work, but I am a student. I am not particularly inclined to review the university itself as an employer. The culture is typical of a University
Great Place that worked with your school schedule
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 22, 2018
Separating my school and work life was easy with this job. It was easily accessible to work and gave me opportunities to pick my hours to fit my life
Pros
Picked hours
Cons
part time
Job Security
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 22, 2018
I enjoyed working. My boss was nice, but she was a micromanager. Drove me insane. Other than that, the pay is not that great. The people and culture are professional and friendly.

Once you become a part of the Organization you can move around.

Pros: Benefits, Flexible, 1 week off for Holiday Closure
Cons: Pay, Micromanagement
Disparate cultures under one organizational umbrella
Manager, Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 21, 2018
Because of the siloed nature of the university, efficiency and student services become increasing difficult to accomplish. The organization is slow to adapt to changing marketplace forces. Work life balance is good. Compensation is poor, but the benefits are strong.
Pros
benefits, work life balance
Cons
compensation, toxic culture
Great college to work at
Body Brilliant Body Image Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 17, 2018
Had a great experience working here, made a lot of really great friends and business connections that I will carry with me in to my future careers. Got great letters of recommendation.
Ta/ra
Teaching Assistant and Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 15, 2018
The University of Arizona is a good place to work in general. Working as a TA/RA is very hard most places though and this followed pretty closely to that.
Review
Student Employee/Designated Campus Colleague (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 8, 2018
As a student employee this was great because there was a lot of flexibility with class schedules. It also gave a lot of room for learning and career advancement.
Nice and easy place to work
Senior UX Designer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 7, 2018
Nice and easy place to work, good work-life balance, goos benefit and vacation policy. Sometimes need to deal with some office drama. Very stable place to work.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Weak professional progress
Don’t work here if you want to succeed
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 4, 2018
Stay away, all the managers from the shop to the head of residence life are untruthful and for themselves. They promote yes men, while robbing the university blind. They do side work to furnishing their own homes during work hours with state material. Mean while you can have years of perfect annual reviews, Nmget maybe one raise in 5 years amounting to pennies. They are a do as I say, not as I do state ran institutions. Stay away.
Pros
Some great people, tuition to a so called high level university
Cons
Poorly managed, horrible wages, and bigoted superiors
Friendly and fun environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 3, 2018
This job requires a friendly personality to match the friendly people that work in the same office. The boss is an amazing person and helps you enjoy the time you spend working there.
Pros
Great boss, fun, friendly and productive environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Arizona. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight