University of Arizona Employee Reviews

It was a very educational experience. I reassessed my thoughts on animal testing.
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 4, 2018
This job showed me how much work and dedication went into treating test animals in a humane manner. The process was extremely technical medically speaking.
Pros
Working on campus allows good access to campus events.
Cons
The parking was extremely expensive and difficult to find.
Great workplace with even better people.
Student Alumni Ambassador Co Chair (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 2, 2018
The people who work in and around the Alumni Association are great people who are very easy to work with. They all are always willing to help in any way possible.
Awesome experience for students
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 1, 2018
A typical day only usually lasted an hour, talking with the professor about statistics and the data we collected the previous two nights we worked alone. It was basically an internship, but for class credit and it allowed us to get to know our professor on a deeper level. The hardest part of the job was probably actually paying attention to the data that the professor wanted us to collect, rather than enjoying the actual show in its entirety.
Time well spent.
PREPROOM WORKER (Former Employee) –  Koffler BuildingMarch 1, 2018
I learned a lot in the fields of chemistry, engineering, mathematics and computer programming. An experience I would happily do again and recommend to many people I know.
Clinical Research coordinator
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 22, 2018
My day to day activity is to enroll patients who present to the emergency department for an infectious disease study. Once identified, I will approach their attending physician to see if there is any reason I should not approach them. If all is well, I then approach the patient to discuss a potential study. I leave them with the consent form for up to an hour. Upon return, if willing, screening procedures begin.
Pros
relaxed atomosphere. Drs. are wonderful to work with.
Cons
cons are not having a back-up corrdinator in the event I would like to take vacation.
Fast-Paced and Fun, but Challenging
Professional Internship Program (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 15, 2018
I was in the production kitchen, behind the desk. We were quality control - the first point on contact and the check-out desk when orders left the kitchen. I learned a lot about data entry, inventory management, and quality control for the student union restaurants while I worked here. There was a period of time where I was a fill-in supervisor due to our supervisor going out for surgery; this was the most difficult part of the job. Overall I learned a lot and would love to go back if given the opportunity!
Pros
discounted meals, social, felt like family
Cons
student pay
Location and ambiance.
Administrative Assistant, Department of Teaching (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 8, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed everyday of my typical workday. The people that I worked with were professional and worked in the capacity of providing the best possible learning experience for the students enrolled at the University.Working under management could not have been better. They trusted me in what I did and were more than satisfied with my work output.Working in a learning environment was tantamount of the workplace culture. We were all there to provide the highest quality of learning possible. The hardest part of the job was working with less because of budget constraints. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the success of the students that I had the pleasure of working with and for.
worked night shift
Information Technology Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 6, 2018
Worked the night shift during the week. Great coworkers and even better supervisor. Wished they had rotating shifts as working the night shift for two years can get very repetitive.
Awesome place to work
Information Technology Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 5, 2018
Awesome place to work, great coworkers, managers, and staff. The campus is a beautiful place with a vibrant atmosphere. Good place to learn and grow within a field.
Meaningful work but poor pay and stressful
RESEARCH / PHARMACOKINETICS (PK) TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 2, 2018
I worked with phase 1 clinical trial cancer patients. The work was emotional and stressful. I became close with some of the patients especially those who were there for treatment at least weekly. As phase 1 patients, many died and very few improved. The work was very meaningful and I did feel that I was making a difference but the emotional toll was hard to live with in the long run.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
People die
Slow moving environment
Report Developer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 2, 2018
People you work with are very nice. Management is not productive, wastes money and don't utilize people resources well.

I liked my work when I had work to do but found a lot of time having to keep myself busy for 8 hours a day.

Managers would go on retreats but nothing would change afterwards.
Pros
QTRLY meetings, Christmas Week time off
Cons
Not enough promotion opportunities to keep employee retention
Great place to work.
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 23, 2018
This was a part time faculty position only. Was not developed into a faculty position, so it is hard to review this and do it justice. This was in addition to my regular job.
University Of Arizona
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Student Union BldgJanuary 18, 2018
working at the U of A was a great experience, I started out busing tables, cleaning, sending dishes to dish room, worked my way to sandwich maker, where students, and employees, would make their request, cooking on the grill, management was always there if someone needed help, cashiered, monthly and weekly inventory, ordered food for the week ahead,sometimes we would be asked to work overtime, when the Future Farmers of American were on Campus, this was so great, you got to meet people from across the states, every day was a great experience, meeting students, and employees at the U of A. this was a great place to work, didn't feel any pressure from management, Meeting students from different parts of the country and from other countries was a memorable experience, the employees that i had work with are still my friends to this day
Pros
learning about other people and cultures, great place to work
Research Assistant
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 18, 2018
Research projects were very open ended and self guided. Professors allowed graduate students to design and execute projects. Time commitment was not that demanding.
Good place
Part-time conference assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 16, 2018
Nice, friendly coworkers, good staff, easy to walk campus. Nice students to work with. Good overall environment to work in. Nice management to work under.
Great work environment
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 8, 2018
My job was fast paced but I caught on quickly! My team was approachable and friendly and very team-oriented. I met a lot of great people and made valuable connections.
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
slightly low wages
Assistant Clinical Professor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 7, 2018
I enjoyed my time working there,
-Great colleagues, easy going community
-Good benefits
-Fair salary
-Overall good weather
-Nice town to live in
Eye opening
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 6, 2018
A little stressful as an online Teacher's Assistant and the class being taught should not have been online. There were many technical errors with the systems we were using which was continuously discouraging.
Productive and Fun place
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 31, 2017
I worked at U of A full-time for more than three years. Very good team, very learning and stress free environment.You can build up enough experience here to go somewhere else.
great atmosphere
Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 28, 2017
working at the u of a is great being able to work and go to school at the same time. pay is very little because you're only doing research and you're working as a student worker.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Arizona. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

University of Arizona Reviews by Location