University of Arkansas at Little Rock

University of Arkansas at Little Rock Employee Reviews

United States159 reviews
great place to work
Good co-workers and a great atmosphere. Benefits were great and the opportunity to attend college was a bonus. The family oriented culture was good for a family man like me.
Productive and fun place to work
I would recommend this place to work. You will be stationed to a building and expected to clean it and any other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
Job with an opportunity to advance.
Working for UALR was so exciting. The program aligned with the high school classes I had taught and the concurrent program allows for high school students to gain college credit.
IT department 2 yrs
not a bad IT environment. no advancement or pay raises and pay isn't the highest but they know that and try to not burn everyone out. great about flex hours from OT.
high focus on everyone getting family time they need.

they only real downside is said above already.

great environment
Pros
tuition discount, flex hours, environment, some UALR local business discounts
Cons
no real advancement or raises to speak of
Productive workplace with flexible hours
A typical day at work is mainly quiet and productive. Normally work on an assignment for 2-3 days depending on how big the project. Workplace culture is friendly.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Not supportive of temporary employees
The job I was given did not match my skills in any way even though my resume was thoroughly reviewed. In the interview, the job description was nothing like what the actual job turned out to be. Disappointed!
Quiet, unassuming place; student and community loving!
Busy, but there is still time to visit with colleagues. I learn something new almost everyday through the interdisciplinary approach to teaching and community services of faculty and staff.
full time student
I was a full-time college student after transitioning to civilian life after 13 years in the US Army. The schedule worked well for me and my family. I was able to obtain 2 bachelors and 1 associates.
Ualr
This job was for work study during the summer of 2019. They are fair and very kind people. Very close with one another, you are not just working but working close with a family feel.
Wonderful Higher Ed opportunity
This position in the College of Engineering expanded my working knowledge of another facet of the educational opportunities offered by UALR. Great staff and great community support.
N/a
Working at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock is great and working with the students is even better. I loved working with my reported High School.
Professor
The chairperson of the department was wonderful to work for and with. It was a demanding job, though. Students were extremely entitled and frequently did not follow chain of command with complaints.
Wouldn't recommend UA Little Rock for work
Management was more interested in you appearing busy than being busy.

There were far too many meetings.

Administration has unreal goals for the university.
Pros
403(b) has 10% match
Cons
Lots of micro-management
Great student experience
The School of Education is wonderful! I have learned about educational theories, meeting the needs of special needs students, and listening to every student so that I may better reach them and help them learn the material in class.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Student assistantship job
This was just a simple graduate assistantship job and partially an internship. There was a lot of great things to be learned here and my supervisor was amazing, but overall there really isn't much more to say about it
Very laid back environment, but you can create opportunities if you take initiative and collaborate with other departments. I enjoy working for my Director, and the culture is pretty slow paced.
Needs improvement
With the issues with budget shortfall and high turnover, working here long term is not something I would recommend anyone do since their is lack of promotion as well as life changes that would permit someone to pursue more career options without an advantage to stay in a position long-term.

This is a good place to work in general but I would suggest people leave from here for better opportunities and then come back later when the status and morale is a lot better.
Summary
Positives Good benefits, some good management depending on department, students are grateful for assistance, can help make a difference in student's lives Negatives Different departments do not collaborate well, job duties and description change frequently, some people not willing to make needed changes
Productive and Experience
Great place to gain experience and great place to learn from great co workers and managers. The place was a great place to get the knowledge that you are looking for.
Pros
great experience
Cons
not enough hours
Survey Research Center
UALR's Survey Research Center taught me about handling situations effectively and quickly, and listening and comprehending situations.

Every day we come clock in, check our assignments, sit dowd, get checked by our supervisors, and then start calling. Free to walk around throughout the day as long as you aren't wasting too much time walking around.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Food Near Job
Productive work environment
Great work environment. Slow, relaxed, and fun work pace. Also, I was allowed to work on my school work when time was available. I had a great boss to work for.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Arkansas at Little Rock. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2