University of Arkansas at Little Rock Employee Reviews

Survey Research Center
Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 15, 2018
UALR's Survey Research Center taught me about handling situations effectively and quickly, and listening and comprehending situations.

Every day we come clock in, check our assignments, sit dowd, get checked by our supervisors, and then start calling. Free to walk around throughout the day as long as you aren't wasting too much time walking around.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Food Near Job
Productive work environment
Security Officer/ IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  Benton, AROctober 15, 2018
Great work environment. Slow, relaxed, and fun work pace. Also, I was allowed to work on my school work when time was available. I had a great boss to work for.
Great learning experience
Sr HR Organizational Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 9, 2018
Great learning experience, no place to grow. UAMS will work you hard, and frown on you for asking for money, because we are supposed to want to be here, but not for the money? I get the sentiment, but I shouldn't feel ashamed because I have to think about money.
Pros
Matching 401k up to 10 percent
Cons
Eat at desk, never able to leave campus during work day, no opportunities for growth
Extremely well organized place to work
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 1, 2018
UALR Benton Campus is one of my favorite places to work. They are always willing to work with my class schedule. Pay is low due to it being a part time student job.
Ualr review
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 28, 2018
It's a great place to work. It has a great work environment. They gave an opportunity to work and study.

It's a great place to work. I worked as a teaching assistant.
Productive and fun working environment
Volunteer Coordinator of HPPE (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 30, 2018
During my time their I learned a lot from their environment. I have learned how to deal with stressful situation. I have also learned how to communicate better in a professional manner.
Had a great tenure at this university
English Instructor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 23, 2018
Communication with and support for our program from the upper administration was lacking, but I enjoyed the director and the faculty that I worked with very much. The students I had were tremendous.
A slight detour from journalism
sports information director (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 16, 2018
I worked at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock for almost three years. Before than and after that I was a newspaper journalist, so working there was a refreshing change, but had to get back to journalism.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Was not my calling.
A good place to work
Information Technology Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 15, 2018
Laid back environment. Good working conditions. I am not given the requested applications to better do my job, but I do what I can with what I have. There is no hard part to my job. I love what I do and the people I work with.
Pros
Laid back working environment
Cons
Trying to hard to apply the corporate culture to higher Ed.
Studio Assistant
Studio Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 2, 2018
Great position that allows you get tuition for classes and lets you give back to fellow students by helping them in their studies. Also help professor by assisting with studio upkeep
Pros
Tuition
Great learning environment
Education Counselor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 26, 2018
Great benefits and great way to get your degree.
It's flexible and reasonable. It's 8-5 unless you work in nonacademic departments. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Tuition discount
Cons
no advancement
Excellent Experience with Wonderful People
Contract Administrative Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 4, 2018
The environment here is amazing. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Smiling faces all the time. Happy people work here. There is a lot of opportunity for advancement and opportunity to learn new skills. Just be prepared to work hard. Excellent retirement benefits
Pros
People, work environment, retirement benefits
Cons
Pay, health care
A good place to work
Information Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 22, 2018
A traditional higher ed environment.
A friendly environment and challenging task to complete.
The culture is changing and now it is the best time to join to the team in UA Little Rock.
Wonderful experience as a graduate research assistant
PhD Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 13, 2018
I worked at the nano center at UALR, which was a wonderful experience. I enjoyed working with people from all walks of life, in an interdisciplinary field. My advisers and mentors were wonderful and encouraging. I would advise anyone looking to do research at UALR to check out the nano center. And talk with the professors you will be working with before you begin to know how well you get along.
Clerical Assistant
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 8, 2018
This job consisted of me answering phones, running errands, faxing, filing, distributing mail, making copies, and data entry. Every once in a while assisting the Professors in their night classes. Also taking inventory and ordering office supplies.
Pros
Working closely with the supervisor
Cons
not enough hours
Typical Functions
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 24, 2018
• Answered student academic requests and inquiries concerning services, billing, and issues
• Record keeping and maintaining knowledge of programs and services
• Utilized computers a various software systems to maintain organized files
• Effectively research issues and communicate findings both verbally and written
• Analyzed, recommended, interpreted policy and procedures and prepared reports
Student Job
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 30, 2018
It's a desk job so it's just a normal 9-5. I am a student so I don't work those hours, they do work with you on a flexible work schedule and you learn a lot about the school.
Great place to work!
Administrative Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 28, 2018
I truly loved my time with UALR & I will always treasure the time I spent there. A creative and collaborative environment with the opportunity to change the lives of students.
Ok place
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 26, 2018
Not much opportunity for career growth. Decent benefits. Lot's of issues with on-boarding. Top heavy with project management and not enough skilled employees to complete the plan. Middle management wants to punch a time clock and leave those below to do the work and receive none of the credit.
Relaxed and Good Place to work
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 17, 2018
The environment is very slow paced but all the people were extremely friendly and corporative. We get benefits if we want to study further. City itself is quite and peaceful.
Pros
Relaxed work life. Great if you want to study also.
Cons
Slow paced