University of Arkansas at Little Rock Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
A good place to work
Information Technology Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 15, 2018
Laid back environment. Good working conditions. I am not given the requested applications to better do my job, but I do what I can with what I have. There is no hard part to my job. I love what I do and the people I work with.
Pros
Laid back working environment
Cons
Trying to hard to apply the corporate culture to higher Ed.
Studio Assistant
Studio Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 2, 2018
Great position that allows you get tuition for classes and lets you give back to fellow students by helping them in their studies. Also help professor by assisting with studio upkeep
Pros
Tuition
Great learning environment
Education Counselor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 26, 2018
Great benefits and great way to get your degree.
It's flexible and reasonable. It's 8-5 unless you work in nonacademic departments. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Tuition discount
Cons
no advancement
Excellent Experience with Wonderful People
Contract Administrative Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 4, 2018
The environment here is amazing. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Smiling faces all the time. Happy people work here. There is a lot of opportunity for advancement and opportunity to learn new skills. Just be prepared to work hard. Excellent retirement benefits
Pros
People, work environment, retirement benefits
Cons
Pay, health care
A good place to work
Information Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 22, 2018
A traditional higher ed environment.
A friendly environment and challenging task to complete.
The culture is changing and now it is the best time to join to the team in UA Little Rock.
Wonderful experience as a graduate research assistant
PhD Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 13, 2018
I worked at the nano center at UALR, which was a wonderful experience. I enjoyed working with people from all walks of life, in an interdisciplinary field. My advisers and mentors were wonderful and encouraging. I would advise anyone looking to do research at UALR to check out the nano center. And talk with the professors you will be working with before you begin to know how well you get along.
Clerical Assistant
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 8, 2018
This job consisted of me answering phones, running errands, faxing, filing, distributing mail, making copies, and data entry. Every once in a while assisting the Professors in their night classes. Also taking inventory and ordering office supplies.
Pros
Working closely with the supervisor
Cons
not enough hours
Typical Functions
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 24, 2018
• Answered student academic requests and inquiries concerning services, billing, and issues
• Record keeping and maintaining knowledge of programs and services
• Utilized computers a various software systems to maintain organized files
• Effectively research issues and communicate findings both verbally and written
• Analyzed, recommended, interpreted policy and procedures and prepared reports
Student Job
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 30, 2018
It's a desk job so it's just a normal 9-5. I am a student so I don't work those hours, they do work with you on a flexible work schedule and you learn a lot about the school.
Great place to work!
Administrative Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 28, 2018
I truly loved my time with UALR & I will always treasure the time I spent there. A creative and collaborative environment with the opportunity to change the lives of students.
Ok place
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 26, 2018
Not much opportunity for career growth. Decent benefits. Lot's of issues with on-boarding. Top heavy with project management and not enough skilled employees to complete the plan. Middle management wants to punch a time clock and leave those below to do the work and receive none of the credit.
Relaxed and Good Place to work
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 17, 2018
The environment is very slow paced but all the people were extremely friendly and corporative. We get benefits if we want to study further. City itself is quite and peaceful.
Pros
Relaxed work life. Great if you want to study also.
Cons
Slow paced
Graduate Assistant
Graduate Assistant/Student Labor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 8, 2018
I wasn't a real employee. I was a grunt. Professors seemed to think that being a grad student meant you were there to do everything for them, including washing their cars and building decks on their houses.
Nice experience
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 5, 2018
I worked at university where I am currently studying. So, it was a great experience working there. I got practical skill.I worked as a research assistant with one of the professor where we do projects related to database. So I got not only theoretical knowledge with studies but also practical knowledge.
Good place for a student
Computer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 5, 2018
Good place for a student needing to work some hours. The pay is minimal but great experience and teamwork. Turn over rate is high because of the students.
work study
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72204February 4, 2018
it was great but i don't think they grasped the concept of a work study job. they didn't really want you to do homework. and most jobs we had to do wasn't in job description.
Pros
most times able to finish homework
Cons
want you to do stuff above pay grade
good place
Research Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 1, 2018
good experience so far, friendly environment, and staff.

work hours flexible for me, since it's a scholarship based position.

• Conducting data researches to co-write academic journals with several professors.
• Monitoring and assisting professors with students’ online assignment submissions.
• Co-writing test questions with professors and conducting research on assigned academic topics.
Great
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 22, 2018
great to work there, did a lot of stuff, organized files and kept up the internet page, it was really great, organized luncheons for professors to learn about their job
Work is rewarding
Writing for Work Instructor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 18, 2018
Working at UALR has been rewarding in the sense that I have an opportunity to work with students seeking knowledge. In addition, my role gives me an opportunity to give me a lifelong learner.
Incompetent coworkers and administration. Not expected to enforce laws; just university policy
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 16, 2018
Basically, officers are only to foster an illusion that the campus is safe. Enforcing the law is secondary to enforcing university policy, and in case of conflict, policy is priority. Administration has no comprehension of law and has never heard of the constitution.
Pros
You get free lunches, tuition discount
Cons
Can't do your job