University of Arkansas at Little Rock Employee Reviews

Student Job
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 30, 2018
It's a desk job so it's just a normal 9-5. I am a student so I don't work those hours, they do work with you on a flexible work schedule and you learn a lot about the school.
Ok place
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 26, 2018
Not much opportunity for career growth. Decent benefits. Lot's of issues with on-boarding. Top heavy with project management and not enough skilled employees to complete the plan. Middle management wants to punch a time clock and leave those below to do the work and receive none of the credit.
Relaxed and Good Place to work
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 17, 2018
The environment is very slow paced but all the people were extremely friendly and corporative. We get benefits if we want to study further. City itself is quite and peaceful.
Pros
Relaxed work life. Great if you want to study also.
Cons
Slow paced
Graduate Assistant
Graduate Assistant/Student Labor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 8, 2018
I wasn't a real employee. I was a grunt. Professors seemed to think that being a grad student meant you were there to do everything for them, including washing their cars and building decks on their houses.
Nice experience
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 5, 2018
I worked at university where I am currently studying. So, it was a great experience working there. I got practical skill.I worked as a research assistant with one of the professor where we do projects related to database. So I got not only theoretical knowledge with studies but also practical knowledge.
work study
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72204February 4, 2018
it was great but i don't think they grasped the concept of a work study job. they didn't really want you to do homework. and most jobs we had to do wasn't in job description.
Pros
most times able to finish homework
Cons
want you to do stuff above pay grade
Work is rewarding
Writing for Work Instructor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 18, 2018
Working at UALR has been rewarding in the sense that I have an opportunity to work with students seeking knowledge. In addition, my role gives me an opportunity to give me a lifelong learner.
Great place to work as graduate student
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 4, 2018
I have been working UA Little Rock for 4 years as a graduate assistant. I recommend who are planning to do Ph.D. The important thing is choosing a good advisor.
Academic Life
Graduate Assistant & IT Services (Former Employee) –  ArkansasJanuary 3, 2018
If you are planning academic carrier on computer science, it is right place for you
Will not give a Cost of Living Raise.
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 12, 2017
Refuse to pay the employees that make 25, 000.00 down to 16,000.00 yearly wages a better update on the wages. do not even give you better options on health insurance.

Want to know more about University of Arkansas at Little Rock?

Ask a question
Nice place to work
Computer Lab Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 28, 2017
Assisted with computer and software problems that students had. I learned to improve my coding experience. My first manager took the time to assist with my development for new career opportunities.
Pros
Flexible hours for work schedule, good pay for type of work, able to work on school projects while working.
Cons
No advancement within the university, new manager had a swollen head
Stressful
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 14, 2017
There are still a couple of faculty who remain who continue to make this department not a good place to work. They give new meaning to the word 'bullying' and apparently, no one stops them.
Pros
Students
Cons
Said faculty
Low morale, low pay, no future
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 25, 2017
It is a sinking ship and the rats are eating each other. this position has had two COLA raises in the past 7 years. The faculty does not work much, usually just during classes. They pass the blame downhill and are rarely held accountable.
Good
Computer Lab Assistant/Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 21, 2017
I really enjoyed working with my co-workers, and helping the students who came in to do testing, and use the computer lab. My manager was fair and friendly, and a pleasure to work for.
Pros
very relaxed atmosphere
Good Job
Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 25, 2017
A good place to get trained and work as a fitness instructor. I love fitness so much the manager let me trained for a year and now I am an employee there. I love my job.
Review
Office Manager for Green Dot Programs (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 15, 2017
I assisted with office project.
Coordinated events and training for faculty and student awareness about the Green Dot Program.
Management a team.
Great work culture
I enjoyed my job
Summary
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 4, 2017
Although I did not work for the University for very long, I did learn very much during my time there. I had such incredible bosses that worked well with my schedule, always strived to ensure that I was doing well at school and at work as well, and whom were very caring. The management that I worked under was a blessing due to their nature and kindness. The workplace culture was excellent and I thoroughly enjoyed my time working for the University. The most difficult part of the job was having to learn how to use some of the technology that was in my job description, but thankfully, I had wonderful coworkers who always went the extra mile to help. The most enjoyable part of this job was being surrounded by such positive people who were always willing to help others.
Pros
The school worked very well around my schedule.
Cons
I was unable to work long hours due to school.
Worked long hours
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 4, 2017
On average we worked ten to twelve hours a day. I worked for an supervisor that never appreciated the work that we did. We never did anything right in his eyes.
Awesome company
UALR Counselor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 25, 2017
UALR campus life was great because you learned a lot there, and the students were so friendly, and nice also. I liked it because I could get a good quality education with great people.
Pros
Students
Cons
Some course work
Great location and environment, as a student as well as a teacher.
Adjunct Instructor of Drawing and Design (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 23, 2017
Really enjoyed the instructors I worked with. Some were my teachers while I was a student. Very professional from that transition. The only reason I left because it was difficult to commute from Arkadelphia and Little Rock.