University of Arkansas at Little Rock Employee Reviews

Wouldn't recommend UA Little Rock for work
Program/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 6, 2019
Management was more interested in you appearing busy than being busy.

There were far too many meetings.

Administration has unreal goals for the university.
Pros
403(b) has 10% match
Cons
Lots of micro-management
Student assistantship job
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 6, 2018
This was just a simple graduate assistantship job and partially an internship. There was a lot of great things to be learned here and my supervisor was amazing, but overall there really isn't much more to say about it
Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 27, 2018
Very laid back environment, but you can create opportunities if you take initiative and collaborate with other departments. I enjoy working for my Director, and the culture is pretty slow paced.
Needs improvement
Project Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 1, 2018
With the issues with budget shortfall and high turnover, working here long term is not something I would recommend anyone do since their is lack of promotion as well as life changes that would permit someone to pursue more career options without an advantage to stay in a position long-term.

This is a good place to work in general but I would suggest people leave from here for better opportunities and then come back later when the status and morale is a lot better.
Summary
Not listed (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 23, 2018
Positives Good benefits, some good management depending on department, students are grateful for assistance, can help make a difference in student's lives Negatives Different departments do not collaborate well, job duties and description change frequently, some people not willing to make needed changes
Productive and Experience
End User Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 19, 2018
Great place to gain experience and great place to learn from great co workers and managers. The place was a great place to get the knowledge that you are looking for.
Pros
great experience
Cons
not enough hours
Survey Research Center
Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 15, 2018
UALR's Survey Research Center taught me about handling situations effectively and quickly, and listening and comprehending situations.

Every day we come clock in, check our assignments, sit dowd, get checked by our supervisors, and then start calling. Free to walk around throughout the day as long as you aren't wasting too much time walking around.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Food Near Job
Productive work environment
Security Officer/ IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  Benton, AROctober 15, 2018
Great work environment. Slow, relaxed, and fun work pace. Also, I was allowed to work on my school work when time was available. I had a great boss to work for.
Great learning experience
Sr HR Organizational Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 9, 2018
Great learning experience, no place to grow. UAMS will work you hard, and frown on you for asking for money, because we are supposed to want to be here, but not for the money? I get the sentiment, but I shouldn't feel ashamed because I have to think about money.
Pros
Matching 401k up to 10 percent
Cons
Eat at desk, never able to leave campus during work day, no opportunities for growth
Extremely well organized place to work
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 1, 2018
UALR Benton Campus is one of my favorite places to work. They are always willing to work with my class schedule. Pay is low due to it being a part time student job.
Ualr review
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 28, 2018
It's a great place to work. It has a great work environment. They gave an opportunity to work and study.

It's a great place to work. I worked as a teaching assistant.
Productive and fun working environment
Volunteer Coordinator of HPPE (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 30, 2018
During my time their I learned a lot from their environment. I have learned how to deal with stressful situation. I have also learned how to communicate better in a professional manner.
Had a great tenure at this university
English Instructor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 23, 2018
Communication with and support for our program from the upper administration was lacking, but I enjoyed the director and the faculty that I worked with very much. The students I had were tremendous.
Ua of lr
Accounts Payable Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 21, 2018
Faculty having to deal with attack on tenure. Administration staff is stress due to lack of raises at the lower and mid level.

Financially struggling.

Lack of competitive hiring.
Pros
State Agency
Cons
Poor management.
A slight detour from journalism
sports information director (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 16, 2018
I worked at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock for almost three years. Before than and after that I was a newspaper journalist, so working there was a refreshing change, but had to get back to journalism.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Was not my calling.
A good place to work
Information Technology Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 15, 2018
Laid back environment. Good working conditions. I am not given the requested applications to better do my job, but I do what I can with what I have. There is no hard part to my job. I love what I do and the people I work with.
Pros
Laid back working environment
Cons
Trying to hard to apply the corporate culture to higher Ed.
Studio Assistant
Studio Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 2, 2018
Great position that allows you get tuition for classes and lets you give back to fellow students by helping them in their studies. Also help professor by assisting with studio upkeep
Pros
Tuition
Great learning environment
Education Counselor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 26, 2018
Great benefits and great way to get your degree.
It's flexible and reasonable. It's 8-5 unless you work in nonacademic departments. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Tuition discount
Cons
no advancement
Excellent Experience with Wonderful People
Contract Administrative Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 4, 2018
The environment here is amazing. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Smiling faces all the time. Happy people work here. There is a lot of opportunity for advancement and opportunity to learn new skills. Just be prepared to work hard. Excellent retirement benefits
Pros
People, work environment, retirement benefits
Cons
Pay, health care
A good place to work
Information Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 22, 2018
A traditional higher ed environment.
A friendly environment and challenging task to complete.
The culture is changing and now it is the best time to join to the team in UA Little Rock.