University of Arkansas at Little Rock Employee Review

View all University of Arkansas at Little Rock reviews

Productive, and friendly work environment
Entertainment Executive Chair (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 5, 2014
As Executive chair for Campus Life, I don't have "typical" work days. My days range from putting up marketing flyers for events, to talking to the agents of performers we want to bring to campus. I have days that are known as event days, in which I prep the environment for the performer, wait on the performer hand and foot all over campus, introduce them at the event, and then assist in any cleanup after the event. The most important thing I have learned since having this job, is that it's about what the people want, not what you want. Your marketing strategies have to be targeted at the people, the performer has to be something the people want, and will potentially like. My coworkers are fabulous, and I know I can always count on them if I need assistance with anything. The hardest part of the job, is not being too dominate. I have a strong sense of leadership, that sometimes can come across a little forced, when in fact I am only trying to be persistent. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to work with people. I get to meet the needs of the people in my council, and the people all over campus, by providing top performances, and entertainers.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Extremely time consuming

Other University of Arkansas at Little Rock Employee Reviews

Student Job
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 30, 2018
It's a desk job so it's just a normal 9-5. I am a student so I don't work those hours, they do work with you on a flexible work schedule and you learn a lot about the school.
Great place to work!
Administrative Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 28, 2018
I truly loved my time with UALR & I will always treasure the time I spent there. A creative and collaborative environment with the opportunity to change the lives of students.