University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff Employee Reviews

Upward Bound Trio Program
Science Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARAugust 8, 2018
The upward bound program at UAPB was great. The students were eager to learn. Although it was summer, students and teachers enjoyed coming to class. We had a relaxed setting that we were able to teach skills and concepts at our own pace. We were allowed to dive into things that the students were interested in within the subject matter.
Little to no room for advancement in job titles/duties and salary
Administrative Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARJuly 17, 2018
The area that I work in is a very stressful and micro-managed
department. There is no room for advancement and even less room for bonus or salary advance. As one individual I am the Administrative Specialist for two different departments. I hold two jobs with low pay for one individual.

The positive is that I have been allowed to take a few classes each semester with an employee discount.
Amazing atmosphere
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARJuly 12, 2018
I enjoyed my time there and I really like the way things turned out for me. I really wanted to make sure that I made the impact of a lifetime on the children staff and parents that I came in contact with.
Pros
Lunches were free
Cons
lunches were short
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARJune 22, 2018
work in fish ponds, sampling fish, checking water quality parameters. ordering supplies, conducting research on stocking densities of fish. Published findings in professional journals.
Friendly and Family Sense
Human Resources Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARMay 24, 2018
It's a great place to work and great city to raise a family. Employees are friendly and care about each other. Employees help everyone in need (students, other employees, community). Wellness program caters to employees as well as the community.
Pros
Wellness Care
Cons
Short Breaks
I am a student-athlete working for scholarships and my degree.
Collegiate Student Athlete (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARMay 1, 2018
I am currently a nursing student-athlete at The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff, which means that this is not a real employment opportunity and my review is invalid.
Good
Extension Specialist 1 (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARApril 30, 2018
My typical day is to review and research article and fact sheet information. Help train staff quarterly. The management is good. The Morale and ethical issues are good but could be better.
The best part of my job is flexibility.
N/a
COMMERCIAL GRAPHIC DESIGNER (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARApril 6, 2018
Not worth talking about. I suggest looking for a place that's professional enough to treat the employees professional. Management is based on who you know...Not what you know.
Job Summary
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARMarch 27, 2018
The job consisted of maintaining laboratory equipment and the facility. The easiest part of the job was understanding the day to day routines of the laboratory. Also, I assisted with projects that were led by graduate students.
Very productive, learning, and fun workplace
Vice Chancellor Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARMarch 26, 2018
Working in the Student Affairs Office for the Vice Chancellor was a pleasure. I enjoyed being his assistant and stepping in when he did not have a chance. When he attended meetings and workshops, I answered his calls, wrote letters, filled his calendar, and ran errands for him as well. When I first started this job I was not aware of an office employment, but once I got there and received the proper training, I learned all the ropes as if I had been there for more than a year. I really enjoyed this job on the daily, and would not want to change the experience.
Great for a first time job or while in school
Residential Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARMarch 22, 2018
I learned a lot and it was great interacting with the students. Not the worst place to work but it can be stressful depending on what department you work in. Overall, it was a great experience.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay
A very great supporting cast
Student Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARMarch 11, 2018
The time I spent there talking to and recruit students it help me by being able to communicate fluently, as well as a better understanding of team effort in the work setting.
Great Place to Work
Student Academic Success (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARMarch 4, 2018
The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff has a reputation with dedicated alumni that help bring students to the campus. The campus has grown and it is due to the outstanding customer service. if they will always keep that in check, it will do well.
Pros
Professional and Caring
Cons
Remembering that it is about the students.
Productive, easy going and fun task
Textile Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARFebruary 15, 2018
I learned so many interesting things that i can use in the future. I learned how to dye, distress, sew and become more creative in loving what i do. I loved everything about my job.
Grateful for this University!
Field Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARJanuary 25, 2018
The agriculture department at UAPB has taken care of me since my freshman year. I’m very grateful for all 4 years I was able to work with them and the summer employment.
Pros
I loved working for my Agriculture department.
Cons
N/a
Productive and fast paced environment
STUDENT ASSISTANT FOOTBALL COACH, INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARJanuary 14, 2018
• Assisting coaching Linebackers
• Assist with recruiting players
• Input data for DV Sports Network Database
• Workload was very fun can competitive. Sometimes work from 5am-10pm with breaks included.
Fun place to work
Facilities Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARJanuary 13, 2018
The most Thing I like about my Job is everyday comes different challenge.I have learn good customer service by providing the faculty and students a nice and environmental friendly environment.
Pros
Meeting People
Cons
under paid
A very friendly and hardworking workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARDecember 29, 2017
The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff is a very hardworking workplace. Some days are fast-paced, and some days are relaxed. They do their best to make sure they meet the students' required needs.
Pros
Cons
Not much training
Enjoyable for the time I was there
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARDecember 21, 2017
This job was enjoyable for the time I was there I'll say. The work environment was very cool and the people were okay for the most part. I left this job due to relocating to another University.
Fun place to work!
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARDecember 19, 2017
University of Arkansas Pine Bluff gave me an opportunity to be an assistant to a great Senator. He was very easy going although he had an extensive amount of tasks. He was always willing to help. Unfortunately is no longer the director of the department I was in. However, he was a great boss. Also, the people I worked with were very helpful and informative.
Pros
Great benefits