University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Employee Reviews

great place to work
Janitorial Services (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 15, 2019
A typical day working at UAMS was very fast pace. I had to work on every floor looking pulling trash, cleaning rooms and mopping floors. It was very fast pace.
Working at UAMS
Full Professor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 14, 2019
I have completed a very successful 17 years at UAMS. I moved there from a postdoctoral associate level and climbed the academic leader from a tenure-track Assistant Professorship to tenured full professor. I used my extensive and multicultural training and educational background in research in Biomedical Science. I collaborated various clinician in UAMS Medical School as well as Harvard to INSERM Paris research institutes. I trained 8 graduate students included MD/PhD students.

My research in serotonin in peripheral tissue was unique which made my grow in the field little difficult. That led my collaboration on campus, in the US as well as internationally.
Pros
Great health insurance plan
Cons
The number of grad students is too small leading high competition between faculty members.
Great Place to work
Research Assistant, (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 13, 2019
Lots of opportunity for advancement, management understands the desire for advanced education and certification and is willing to work with employees.
A great place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 12, 2019
It is a great place to work. There are many managers who are not in the right place or willing to do the right thing. However, there are also many who always look out for their staff and are the best at what they do. This is one of the best places to work for heath care workers in Arkansas. I have enjoyed my time there and hope to continue my time with the company.
Pros
The coworkers
Cons
Leaders who do not know what is going on.
Ok everyday job but no job performance raises or room for advancement
Phlebotomist in Lab (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMarch 7, 2019
Would like to move up the ladder but managment is not supportive.
Not paid well for what education you have.
Dose have 401K, and paid time off. So that's a plus.
Pros
401k, retirement, paid time off
Cons
Can not advance
Uams
Application System Analyst - Senior (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 5, 2019
UAMS has excellent opportunities for those interested in career advancement. Educational opportunities are excellent. The workplace culture is fairly typical for an academic medical center.
Short breaks
PSA (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 5, 2019
This was a fun place to work we all did the work everyone waited on the client and cleaned the house shopping for the client we would go out to eat lunch sometime I took the client to and from the doctor I was treated like a part of the family
Pros
You pay for what you eat
Cons
To short of break
I would never work here again
Functioned in the role of a registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 23, 2019
worst place to work in the state. dangerous nurses on critical care units. management aware and will not terminate anyone that has worked there for over 2 years in fear of repercussions.
Place where you can learn
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 16, 2019
My nursing skills was greatly enhanced while working for this organization. I truly enjoyed management. The management team is support and the organization as a whole does demonstrate care and compassion for their employees. The unit that I was worked was very fast paced, but there is supportive staff to help.
Pros
Excellent managment support, flexiable work hours
Cons
Fast paced environment
Disappointed in work life balance
Research (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 16, 2019
Does not promote flexibility for family life or illness outside of FMLA. Direct management can vary greatly between departments. Some managers are reasonable and some expect work on weekends and scheduled holidays to be done even when you are not in a critical care area.

Want to know more about University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences?

Ask a question
University of Arkansas Medical Science is a great place to work
Patient Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 14, 2019
My Experiences there as PSA has been very rewarding I loved my job there and the people I have encountered there and the patient I have given my service to I will highly recommend UAMS Hospital as a very positive place to work and grow as a individual the benefits are excellent!! It is a teaching facility that have great rewards if you are interesting in any of the things I have mention then this is the place for you
Pros
Benefits, education
Cons
Slow on salary increases, maxtric system, short staff
UAMS and advancement
Registered Nurse on E7, Hematology (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 13, 2019
UAMS strongly encourages education and advancement of one's knowledge. I, as well as other coworkers, devoted many years of service as an RN. We attended APRN school through UAMS and have not been offered any APRN positions that meet her new education and credentialing level. It is extremely disheartening.
Pros
Competitive salary and patient ratios for RNs.
Cons
Unable to find a job after receiving the education that they so strongly urge.
Excellent place to learn MDs always on floor
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 1, 2019
Great facility to learn and be involved world class treatments because it is a research and teaching university. MDs and more experienced staff very willing to teach and provide support.
Pros
Good team on good days
Cons
Patient to nurse ratio too high; insubordination frequent
productive and fun environment
Patient Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 30, 2019
I worked the front desk most of the time but if we were short on PCT workers I would work with patients. I checked patients onto the floor and prepared files for doctors and patients. I would have to asset nurses and doctors with patients. I also did patient care and lab work. I made sure all information was put into the computer and patients ID badges were prepared and doctors notified patients arrived.
Busy but a good place to work
Medical technologist (Current Employee) –  medical technologistJanuary 28, 2019
Every day at UAMS is busy from the get go
fellow employees are friendly and eager to help . The hardest part of the job is answering a lot of phone calls from the floors and at the same time keeping up with the task ahead. All summed up it is quite enjoyable and especially when the Clinicians get the results on time and can discharge the patient or change the treatment regimen.
Productive Doctors and Surgeons
Receptionist-Clinical Tech (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 24, 2019
It was nice working with Doctors and Surgeons on a daily basis. I got to know patients and coworkers on a social level and build a rapport with both patients and staff members.
Programs to recognize employees
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 16, 2019
10% Matched retirement.
Employee discount for school at the time I was an employee.
Positive ratio of men and women RN's.
Monthly meetings for all the staff.
Student Employee
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 12, 2019
I worked around my class schedule to help with office duties in the COP Dean's Office and faculty research projects. It was a great job for a pharmacy student because it paid well and was flexible.
Pros
good pay
Awesome Place of Employment
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 10, 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed working at this facility learned a great deal and became like family with my patients. Management was very helpful and attended to the tools needed to perform my duties.
nice place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 6, 2019
I enjoyed working at UAMS because I worked with a team to help patients get treated in the hospital. It was busy but rewarding and it helped people. It was fast-paced at times but I liked to stay organized and on task. We got scheduled breaks and lunch breaks and everyone was treated fairly. I really liked my co-workers and boss. I would recommend this job to others.
Pros
good breaks
Cons
couldn't take too many sick days