University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Employee Reviews

Teamwork
Registered Nurse III (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ArNovember 29, 2018
Excellent place for hands-on training with great teamwork and support. Physically, mentally, and sometimes emotionally difficult but rewarding work days.
Diversity, many paid holidays
Medicare Managed Care Billing Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72205November 26, 2018
Diversity, many paid holidays, great benefits, excellent sick time and vacation days, great retirement, .........................................................
Enjoyable
Rehab Tech (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 26, 2018
Providing family centered care for our patients is a real joy. Leaving work everyday knowing that I made a difference is fulfilling. UAMS is a good place for those interested in the Health Care.
Uams
Postdoctoral fellow (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 22, 2018
Lack of career advancement
Hierarchy and connections matter a lot
No competitive pay at all
Most postdocs are frustrated and leave soon.
The management is weak.
Pays well with great benefits but no job security
RN III (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 12, 2018
Pays well with unbeatable benefits package. With fiscal deficit, there is no job security and very little opportunity for advancement. Hopefully this will change in the coming years as it tries to recover financially. CEO has great promise to turn things around if he continues on this path.
Productive and very professional
Access Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 6, 2018
I actually enjoyed working for this establishment. I felt as if I had room for growth in career if wanted to advance in other areas. Being stable and appreciated is always a plus at a job
Pros
Great leadership
Cons
Hours I worked but chose
Administrator of Anatomic Pathology
Administrator of Anatomic Pathology (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 6, 2018
I learned that working for a large corporate environment is very, very hard to get the necessary operational management changes approved. I like to make my own decisions and know that my suggestions are what would have changed the operating structure of the department.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Slow operations
It is a good place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 5, 2018
The experience I had at UAMS was beautiful I love the job wouldn't trade it for the world if I still had it I would recommend anyone to work there it is a good job
productive and informative program with job potentials
pilot program student (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 2, 2018
project Search was a daily program aimed at giving specific group of young adults an opportunity to experience different job scenarios and a learning environment for future career paths.
Students learned daily routines of chosen areas specific to their abilities and interests.
I enjoyed my time at UAMS..learned to work with others as a team and enjoyed helping people..The hardest part was not being able to stay there and work permanantly
Pros
work mates, variety of departments
Cons
some areas fast paced, not enough computer orientation
Excellent working place
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 24, 2018
Excellent working place for everybody for his/her life goal. Especially, the benefits in UAMS are much better than the other states. Research supports may be an average level; but, clinical services are wonderful for the patients.
Team Player
OR LEADER (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 24, 2018
Great place to learn and grow and meeting new people. Pay salary need to increase leadership are great to work with and they have excellent health benefits
Its a job - centrally located in the city!
Administrative Analyst (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 23, 2018
Its a job - centrally located in the city! The administrative tasks in any department are reasonable. The campus is very diverse! The campus is also huge and very easy to get turned-around manuevering from department to department. There are many, many pleasant personalities and the opportunity to work in many areas of the medical industry.
Peer Tutor of Anatomy and Physiology (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 21, 2018
UAMS is a leader in our community, and I very much enjoyed working there. I enjoyed teaching students because they were hard working and excited about the subject matter.
Loved my Job
Nursing Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 17, 2018
Great atmosphere working with the patients and their families. Able to utilize my customer service skills getting to know families as their loved ones under went cancer treatments.
Uams
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 12, 2018
UAMS is run on making money if they don't need you they will get rid of you to save money and not care about the time and effort you have put forward in patient care.
Cons
No job security
Projects at UAMS
Construction Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 11, 2018
I enjoy my job, people I've worked with over the years, and the opportunities and accomplishments I've had at UAMS. I've worked with others to design, construct, renovate and upgrade buildings used to house and treat patients, provide a safe and reliable work place for doctors, researchers, and staff, and to provide an environment for medical students to become nurses, doctors, pharmacist, and so on.

Unfortunately we've experienced and endured some tough times over the past few years with a major budget deficit and other issues. However, changes are currently underway for improvement for which I'm hopeful and thankful.

As with any job, there are things I'd like to see improved such as comparable salaries and better opportunities for advancement. However, overall this is a great place to work and we're all working for a worthwhile mission. There's a lot of good that happens here, and being a part of that is challenging, exciting and rewarding.
Liked working with children with special needs
Education Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lowell, AROctober 10, 2018
I enjoyed helping children with special needs develop their academic and social skills in order to help them succeed in kindergarten and all through school
Benefits
Cons
Too much turnover
Productive and fun workplace
Appeals Analyst (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 5, 2018
UAMS is a great place to work. I enjoyed being able to remote from the office to home. Excellent benefits. They provide training for you to be able to achieve your daily duties.
Pros
being able to work from home, flexible hours, great benefits
It was an experience
FOOD PREPARATION SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 4, 2018
It depends where you work in the hospital where you have those great experiences. A lot of things happen but it is pretty much like any other job it has its flaws.
This was a delivery job dealing with hospitals.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 25, 2018
I would deliver blood and water samples to different hospitals in central ark aand surrounding areas. It was fairly a easy job if you dont mind driving for 10hrs everyday.