University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Systemic Issues
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 1, 2018
Too mid level managers that are not qualified to be in the position that they hold. Too many people in finance and accounting jobs that either have no degree or a degree in a different discipline such as history or communication. It's no wonder that they are having the financial issues they have.

Very unprofessional and unqualified management and this is a direct reason why UAMS is having the issues that it is having. I am encouraged by their recent management hires.
Benefits
Fast Paced ER
Access Coordinator III for UAMS ED Department (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 28, 2018
There are some great people, hepful, great nurses and doctors, great for advancement in the medical field. At times it can be overwhelmingly stress full and 30 min lunches
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no raises unless you go to a higher position
They work closely with the community to reduce barriers by searching and providing solutions.
Interpreter/Community Health Worker/Data Collector (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 24, 2018
It is a family oriented place to work. There is no bias in their book. They go above and beyond their call of duty.

I work particularly for the North Street Clinic and the Office of Community and Health Research.
UAMS is a place of learning.
X-ray exams on medical examiner cases (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 23, 2018
UAMS has a great reputation as an advanced center of learning and research. I worked there to many years ago to have any insight into the work place.
fun workplace
CHILD CARE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  MLK HeadstartJune 21, 2018
great hours
weekends off
holidays off
meeting and greeting parents
most enjoyable part of the job would be teaching the children watching each child learn a grasp information
Environment
Clinical nurse supervisor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72205June 20, 2018
The management cared about the employees, it was a University system thus career growth is made possible for all and there are a benefits making it great to work and balance home life. Great place to work but had to relocate .
Pros
Great benefits for employees and 401K match right away.
Cons
Big system, thus you have to find your niche.
Learned a lot of new skills
Ortho tech/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 20, 2018
Overall I learned a lot of new skills working at UAMS. I also had a lot of good coworkers that made the day fin and enjoyable to be at work. My skills learned will help me move forward in my career.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Work through breaks
Learning
Ortho tech/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 19, 2018
Working as an ortho tech ,I learned a lot of new skills. I met a lot of people and help them heal from applying cast and splints. UAMS IS a teaching facility.
Uams
Administrative Analyst (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 12, 2018
There is no job security with this company. I love my immediate supervisor but the company as a whole is not safe. You never know when you will be without a job.
Review
(Access Coordinator III) OPC Radiology (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 11, 2018
I love what I do I enjoy providing care for the patient that are

treated at UAMS. To assure that whatever I can do to make the

patient visit with UAMS pleasant.
Pros
bonus check
Cons
no support of management
Management level sometimes was not very professional
Research Program Manager Regulatory/Coverage (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 10, 2018
Too many employees basically during the same job. Management was poor, too much conflicts.

A typical day was reviewing and analyzing various protocols.

Sometimes trying to meet deadline of various protocols.
Pros
Above average benefits
Cons
Management level skills not impressive
Practical Focused and about People.
Little Rock Arkansas- Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 5, 2018
At UAMS I knew I was valued but not pressured. Day to Day I had concrete goals and the largesse to reach them. Managment was polite and helpful. My superiors were attentive and they really took care of me. I learned about research methods and takin care of people.
it was a great job
Medical Administrative Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 4, 2018
the management of the department is was made the job so unbearable and made the unit as a whole not what it could have been, under the right management.
Productive and rewarding to care for patients
Patient Care Technician Neurology (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 31, 2018
I ultimately felt very encouraged working as a patient care technician at UAMS.

I regret having to leave on account of their point system of absences which at times could not be avoided. I was and am a VERY hard and dependable worker, anyone of my co-workers and management would vouch for that.

Although it is the HR department that keep up with the ABSCAL points. These points can make or break your employment status.

That is what left me unemployed.

Fortunately after a year I am eligible for rehire. I am happy in my present job, but have often longed to be back in patient care.
Pros
The joy and my passion caring for patients
Cons
Great Place to work and move ahead.
Access Coordinator 2 Full Time (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 30, 2018
UAMS was my first Full Time job out of college. It has easily become one of my favorite places that I have worked at thanks in part to the organized management, benefits and flexible work schedule. I can not state it enough; UAMS is a great place to work.
She wanted me out so she started throwing the book at me and no one else
Fiscal Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72205May 25, 2018
This manager started writing me up for everything she could get away with so she could get me out the door. After 13 years I felt betrayed. She didn't treat anyone else like that.
Teaching hospital environment is excellent for increasing knowledge base
RNIII (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 20, 2018
Making a difference in the lives of cancer patients and their community is fulfilling.
Acute outpatient cancer care and treatment increased my medical and nursing knowledge greatly for example,through chart review and triage of cancer patients on chemotherapy.
Financial issues with UAMS causes lack of job security.
Pros
10% 401K matched, Medical Insurance coverage, Great salary
Cons
Policy adherence was at discretion of management, and made for negative atmosphere among all employees, terminations because of mismanagement of funds, no job security
Great job, bad managers
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 17, 2018
I loved my job there, but I had absolutely terrible management. They never recognized people for the good they did. It was always then yelling and getting on to people for things
I would not work here now.
Certified Technologist II (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 16, 2018
When I first started working at UAMS over 20 years ago, it was a great place to work. Slowly and over time the work place culture was made worse by complainers and horrible management.
not interested
worker (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 14, 2018
I am not interested in rating this company. Job work life balance compensation benefits job security advancement management job culture are all a part of this company.