University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Employee Reviews

Uams
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 12, 2018
UAMS is run on making money if they don't need you they will get rid of you to save money and not care about the time and effort you have put forward in patient care.
Cons
No job security
Projects at UAMS
Construction Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 11, 2018
I enjoy my job, people I've worked with over the years, and the opportunities and accomplishments I've had at UAMS. I've worked with others to design, construct, renovate and upgrade buildings used to house and treat patients, provide a safe and reliable work place for doctors, researchers, and staff, and to provide an environment for medical students to become nurses, doctors, pharmacist, and so on.

Unfortunately we've experienced and endured some tough times over the past few years with a major budget deficit and other issues. However, changes are currently underway for improvement for which I'm hopeful and thankful.

As with any job, there are things I'd like to see improved such as comparable salaries and better opportunities for advancement. However, overall this is a great place to work and we're all working for a worthwhile mission. There's a lot of good that happens here, and being a part of that is challenging, exciting and rewarding.
Liked working with children with special needs
Education Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lowell, AROctober 10, 2018
I enjoyed helping children with special needs develop their academic and social skills in order to help them succeed in kindergarten and all through school
Benefits
Cons
Too much turnover
Productive and fun workplace
Appeals Analyst (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 5, 2018
UAMS is a great place to work. I enjoyed being able to remote from the office to home. Excellent benefits. They provide training for you to be able to achieve your daily duties.
Pros
being able to work from home, flexible hours, great benefits
It was an experience
FOOD PREPARATION SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 4, 2018
It depends where you work in the hospital where you have those great experiences. A lot of things happen but it is pretty much like any other job it has its flaws.
Enjoyable work environment with great teamwork
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 20, 2018
Great place to work. Team members were very passionate and goal oriented with the best practices of getting the project done. Staff got along really well, team members were more than willing to help other team members with their projects.
N/a
Psa (patient service associate) (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 18, 2018
Said everything in the survey. The job has great benefits, it just the overall culture of the job will push you out. No different for any other job. Just too political!!!
Typical foodservice workplace
Dietitian Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 17, 2018
The employees and management were always great and friendly. It was very typical for days to be fast pace all day, and work environment varied depending on what patients on the floor were there that day.
Great working environment phenomenal co workers!
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 3, 2018
Everyday that I've worked at UAMS has been life changing. There's never a day that I've come to work and didn't learn something new. I've always had a passion to help others who aren't able to help themselves and the team I worked with each day made sure that was possible. The care and empathy that my unit shows our patients is wonderful. Anyone would be more than happy to work for this company.
quick
Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 29, 2018
UAMS is a fast pace work environment. eh hardest part about the job it there are really no breaks you have to be able to multitask. The most enjoyable part is grantee hours a week
I like to work
Housekeeping, Floor Tech (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 27, 2018
I like to work and do what I am trained to but I also like it when I have the equipment and materials to do my job efficiently. Often times I have to make do with what I have or cover other areas when other employees don't show up for work.
very nice facilities and very nice doctors
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 27, 2018
sometimes the best thing i can say about UAMS is they had really good food. i hate to say it but i think all hospitals are corrupt with politics or whatever.
Pros
good food, breakfast, and lunch
Cons
no breaks at all except 30 minute lunch break
Fitness Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 26, 2018
UAMS is aIgreat place to work with excellent work/life balance and benefits. The daily responsibilities of my current job are not overwhelming. Most days, I feel leaving that I had a productive day at work. I rarely leave work with it being a bad day.
Pros
Cons
Limited opportunity to advance from current role
uams
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 21, 2018
The mission of the hospital drives the quality required of the staff. Pay is good for the area. Experienced a reduction in force this year. This institution has a moderate amount of change as it is also a State Agency.
Junior Committee
Junior Committee, Committee Member (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 15, 2018
Responsible for managing the fundraising programs for the class of 2017 through bake sales and movie nights; planned senior trip for 70 students. Collaborated with school staff to address concerns of students in committee of 10 students.
It was okay
Lab Technician - Processing (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 11, 2018
I don't know what to write for this review but I need 150 characters so blah blah blah blah ugh this is ridiculous why do I have to write this blah balh
Very satisfied with contract at uams
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 6, 2018
Overall review is excelent. Only 2 bad nights in 13 wks. Staff were very helpful. Whole group worked as a team
Very team oriented. Staff will actually ask u if u need help. I havent had that type of experience since i left hospital in kansas city in 2006
Pros
Newest advancements in health care
Cons
Very large facility difficulty finding places
Good work environment
Research Technician (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72205August 6, 2018
Working at UAMS is a great place to grow and develop my professional skill, which will help me be the be employee on ant job that I may work. I have enjoyed my work life with this company.
Excellent overall package
Associate Professor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 6, 2018
I work at UAMS for 22 years. UAMS provided a place for advancement of my career. Professional mentorship was provided which proved to be invaluable. The overall package (job + benefits) is the best I've ever seen.
State Job with Decent Benefits but BEWARE.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 31, 2018
If you work in a good department you will have it made but I worked for a micro-managing JERK and he made it a terrible work environment.
Poor representation for women. Low salaries.
Pros
Tuition discount to state university
Cons
Poor salary