University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Employee Reviews

It was okay
Lab Technician - Processing (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 11, 2018
I don't know what to write for this review but I need 150 characters so blah blah blah blah ugh this is ridiculous why do I have to write this blah balh
Very satisfied with contract at uams
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 6, 2018
Overall review is excelent. Only 2 bad nights in 13 wks. Staff were very helpful. Whole group worked as a team
Very team oriented. Staff will actually ask u if u need help. I havent had that type of experience since i left hospital in kansas city in 2006
Pros
Newest advancements in health care
Cons
Very large facility difficulty finding places
Good work environment
Research Technician (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72205August 6, 2018
Working at UAMS is a great place to grow and develop my professional skill, which will help me be the be employee on ant job that I may work. I have enjoyed my work life with this company.
Excellent overall package
Associate Professor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 6, 2018
I work at UAMS for 22 years. UAMS provided a place for advancement of my career. Professional mentorship was provided which proved to be invaluable. The overall package (job + benefits) is the best I've ever seen.
State Job with Decent Benefits but BEWARE.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 31, 2018
If you work in a good department you will have it made but I worked for a micro-managing JERK and he made it a terrible work environment.
Poor representation for women. Low salaries.
Pros
Tuition discount to state university
Cons
Poor salary
Fast paced, fun place to work, great co-workers
ACCESS COORDINATOR II (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 31, 2018
This is a fast paced job. I worked closely with doctors and nurses, even though it was fast paced, we had time to get a few laughs in. I learned when it came to the administrative and insurance part of the medical field. Management was great and organized. The most enjoyable part of this job was getting to know the patients.
Pros
busy all the time, great co-workers
Cons
patients are late and cannot see doctor.
cleaning for uams was a good job.
Custodial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, ARJuly 27, 2018
I love to clean, everyday was the same. I cleaned every office and examination room. Usually the time I got there all of the staff was clocking out. I dusted the offices as well as vacuumed them and took out trash. I cleaned a bathrooms, examination rooms and the lobby.
Education tutition
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 18, 2018
UAMS is a training facility. This hospital has great benefits because it’s a state job. When it comes to college they will pay 70% of your tutition and your children and spouse for 50%.
Fast
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 16, 2018
Job is a job,poor management, never like to complain, people made the workplace DIFFICULT AND STRESSFUL AT THE END. PAY SUCKS!Everyone made it feel non friendly.
Nice place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 10, 2018
meeting and greeting patients. taking vital signs, blood draw and vaccines. calling patients the day before there appt. to confirm there appt. for the next day. working a long side a Doctor
Pros
Cons
No. team work
Systemic Issues
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 1, 2018
Too mid level managers that are not qualified to be in the position that they hold. Too many people in finance and accounting jobs that either have no degree or a degree in a different discipline such as history or communication. It's no wonder that they are having the financial issues they have.

Very unprofessional and unqualified management and this is a direct reason why UAMS is having the issues that it is having. I am encouraged by their recent management hires.
Benefits
Cons
Most enjoyable part of my job
Access Coordinator Ill (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 28, 2018
the enjoyable part of my job is the one on one time with the patient and seeing the smile on the faces when they leave from here. I also enjoy my coworker we are more like a family then coworker
Fast Paced ER
Access Coordinator III for UAMS ED Department (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 28, 2018
There are some great people, hepful, great nurses and doctors, great for advancement in the medical field. At times it can be overwhelmingly stress full and 30 min lunches
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no raises unless you go to a higher position
Lots of interactions with visitors and employees.
Patient Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 27, 2018
Typical day relief others for lunch and walking, completing visitors logs and logging times of visits. Workplace culture fast paced. Hardest part of job seeing love ones hurting. Most enjoyable talking with families and they feel you have helped and cared for these families and they are thankful..
Pros
Do include some benefits
Cons
Have to wait a year before can advance to different department.
Fun place to work for
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 27, 2018
nice place to work, I have always wanted to work for UAMS. Once I become a nurse I would love to work for them and or continue to work for them. UAMS is like family. I really enjoy the patient care that we give and the connection with my patients.
They work closely with the community to reduce barriers by searching and providing solutions.
Interpreter/Community Health Worker/Data Collector (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 24, 2018
It is a family oriented place to work. There is no bias in their book. They go above and beyond their call of duty.

I work particularly for the North Street Clinic and the Office of Community and Health Research.
UAMS is a place of learning.
X-ray exams on medical examiner cases (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 23, 2018
UAMS has a great reputation as an advanced center of learning and research. I worked there to many years ago to have any insight into the work place.
fun workplace
CHILD CARE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  MLK HeadstartJune 21, 2018
great hours
weekends off
holidays off
meeting and greeting parents
most enjoyable part of the job would be teaching the children watching each child learn a grasp information
Environment
Clinical nurse supervisor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72205June 20, 2018
The management cared about the employees, it was a University system thus career growth is made possible for all and there are a benefits making it great to work and balance home life. Great place to work but had to relocate .
Pros
Great benefits for employees and 401K match right away.
Cons
Big system, thus you have to find your niche.
Learned a lot of new skills
Ortho tech/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 20, 2018
Overall I learned a lot of new skills working at UAMS. I also had a lot of good coworkers that made the day fin and enjoyable to be at work. My skills learned will help me move forward in my career.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Work through breaks