University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Learned a lot of new skills
Ortho tech/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 20, 2018
Overall I learned a lot of new skills working at UAMS. I also had a lot of good coworkers that made the day fin and enjoyable to be at work. My skills learned will help me move forward in my career.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Work through breaks
Uams
Administrative Analyst (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 12, 2018
There is no job security with this company. I love my immediate supervisor but the company as a whole is not safe. You never know when you will be without a job.
Practical Focused and about People.
Little Rock Arkansas- Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 5, 2018
At UAMS I knew I was valued but not pressured. Day to Day I had concrete goals and the largesse to reach them. Managment was polite and helpful. My superiors were attentive and they really took care of me. I learned about research methods and takin care of people.
it was a great job
Medical Administrative Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 4, 2018
the management of the department is was made the job so unbearable and made the unit as a whole not what it could have been, under the right management.
not interested
worker (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 14, 2018
I am not interested in rating this company. Job work life balance compensation benefits job security advancement management job culture are all a part of this company.
Caring
Clinical Pastoral Education, Intern/Resident (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 4, 2018
I love the clinical pastoral education program. It has taught me a lot about myself which helps me to better be available to the patients. While it is intense, I find it very rewarding.
Pros
Great support from supervisors
Cons
It's intense so you really need to practice self-care.
UAMS Nursing is Family
Registered Nurse, Cardiac Progressive Care (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 4, 2018
I've been with UAMS since I graduated nursing school the first time and haven't looked back. I choose to work at UAMS because of the innovative culture they offered. It became a second home for me and my coworkers are my family and make my experience working as a floor nurse on a very busy med-surg floor worth every minute.
Pregnancy discrimination
Department of Physician Assistant Studies (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 2, 2018
My direct supervisor found a way to fire me after I got pregnant. I complained to HR with no results and found out two years later that she had been fired for pregnancy discrimination against students.
She conducted a total smear campaign to get me fired.
high patient flow
LPN (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 27, 2018
I believe as of all places uams family med. had its pros in cons, but I feel some of the employees are overlooked and undermined which lead to an increasing amount of negativity in the work environment. also lacked salary increases, which created difficulty with providing for my child and I as my job is the only means for providing.
Good place to start your career
MEDICAL LAB TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 25, 2018
As a medical and educational facility there are ample amounts of unique clinical situations that you don't see at smaller hospitals and clinics. This is a great opportunity to learn and be exposed to different situations to challenge the fresh-graduate however due to the nature of some very deep-seated and fundamental problems from management (top-down), many employees become frustrated with the lack of appreciation or possibility to advance. Many managers are complacent with poor work and do not try to motivate or encourage employees to do better and conversely do not reward hard work from those going above and beyond. Raises are not in the future for many as the hospital is dealing with a very public deficit.
Pros
Educational opportunities
Cons
Poor management, lack of advancement and poor morale

Want to know more about University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences?

Ask a question
Not a good place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 25, 2018
African American Employees were not treated fairly and were not recommended for raises or promotions. The management in the department where I worked was very disrespectful and most of the time hardly ever speak to you.
Pros
Health benefits and 401b plan
Cons
Clock in and out for time
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 25, 2018
very satisfied wont change the job. everyone I work with is very talented and aware of his or her job description. UAMS is a good hospital for learning the ropes to nursing
Increible la direccion de la Administradora, todos las compa├▒eras de trabajo nos ayudabamos, dedicacion a nuestros pacientes, lo que mas me gusto era
Interpreter/Translator Medical (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 21, 2018
La administracion siempre estaba atenta a cualquiera sugerencia de los empleados. mucha camaraderia, Dedicacion completa a nuestros pacientes. Todo nuestro trabajo de registracion tenia que estar completo a la hora de salida.
Pros
Excelente seguro de salud!
Very siloed culture
Nurse Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 20, 2018
UAMS hires many nurses who are there either for the educational opportunities or the retirement benefits. This makes the staffing levels precarious at times, and the overall educational status of the staff unbalanced-lots of new nurses or nurses ready to retire, with a smaller distribution between those extremes.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Unfair management practices at times.
Good place to work.
LEAD INSTRUMENT TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 17, 2018
Good place to work. Wide diversity. Benefits are good. Patient care is top priority. Employees go above and beyond. Benefits are fair. Discounts are fair for employees.
Pros
Tuition discount.
Cons
Parking sucks.
awesome place to work
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 16, 2018
Uams offers multiple opportunities to advance in both career and education. It is one of the fastest growing trauma hospitals in the state of Arkansas. The hardest thing about this job is Parking. If you're a good worker, can be on time, and enjoy people, Uams is the perfect choice.
wonderful benefits
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 7, 2018
I loved working there. Co workers were great they made work fun and something to look forward to. Left because spouse's job was relocated. Never was denied an opportunity for growth.
benefits
Cons
parking
Basically
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, ARApril 5, 2018
A great place to start out but its no room for advancement and a lot of favoritism. Great benefits and some of the HR and supervisions is great. They do show lots of love on holidays and special days for you.
I enjoy helping others.
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 4, 2018
After sixteen years at UAMS, I am ready to retire and find a job close to home. I have enjoyed my years here, very much. I have been allowed to learn new skills and help co-workers and patients everyday.
One of the best in Arkansas to work.
Chaplain Resident (Former Employee) –  Little Rock ARApril 2, 2018
I entered UAMS as a Chaplain Resident to under go a Pastoral Training program which I earned 5 credit hours. So I could find a job working as a Chaplain so I am thankful.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na