University of Arkansas Employee Reviews

total joke
Night Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 25, 2018
basically welfare. Sit around and do nothing.

benefits were good but zero chance to advance within my department.

not as student friendly as you might think.
Pros
easiest workload possible
Cons
worst supervision. good ole boys club
University of Arkansas Review
Multimedia Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 19, 2018
My position didn't have too many responsibilities, but I felt like part of the team. The department I worked for had a great support structure and coworkers openly shared knowledge and insights. Great place to work.
Pros
Benefits, Salary, Team Environment
Cons
Lack of promotional options or raises
University of Arkansas Administrative Specialist III
Administrative Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 6, 2018
Front desk operation to include reception, supervision of student workers, creating and mailing advertising flyers, payroll, purchasing, inventory if fixed assets, travel cordinator.
Pros
Great group of coworkers
Cons
Feast or famine for workload
N/a
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 1, 2018
The student workers are wonderful. Decent pay, less taxes taken out, good environment and learning process. The students I work around are awesome. I would recommend to go to school here.
Razorbacks
Admissions (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 28, 2018
Very spirited school with a great deal of pride from both the student body and the staff, faculty, and admin. Nice place to work if you have spirit in your corporation.
Good place to go to school
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 19, 2018
I was a graduate student in the physics department at the University of Arkansas and enjoyed my time. Being a grad student is stressful, but the department is a good place to be.
Administrative work
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 18, 2018
I was in charge of 25 laboratory teaching assistants who taught the introductory biology. I was also in charge of the several faculty who taught in this course. I was also expected to publish journal articles for advancement. I feel that my job description did not match the type of work that I was expected to do. I felt over-burdened due to lack of support on the part of the faculty and department chair. I did not see myself advancing in that type of atmosphere..
Pros
Teaching introductory biology, creating laboratories, interacting with students
Cons
Non-supportive department chair, too many tasks and not enough time to do publishing
Lackluster
Internship (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 17, 2018
You typically aren't offered and flexibility unless you have a valid reason. Workdays can be long, but fun sometimes. The fellow employees make the job more enjoyable.
Go private sector
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 17, 2018
Politics politics politics a stressful work environment unreasonable expectations politics low pay politics not worth your time.

If you can't live on wages that are at least 20% less than your private sector counterpart I wouldn't suggest it.
Fun job
Supplemental Instruction (SI) Leader (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 17, 2018
Loved the people I worked with but did not feel like we were paid enough for all the work. There used to be much less work required however there was little to no pay increase with the added work.
Great place to work.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 14, 2018
Allowed me to work closely with my professor in order to achieve highest success for our research goals. Allowed for autonomous work and for work to be done wherever it needed to be.
Very kind Boss, enjoyed the work environment
Lab Assistant and Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 13, 2018
I enjoyed working at the Lab all of my co-workers were very kind. I also had very very bosses and ample down-time. I learned more about the agricultural industry while I worked in the University's Lab.
Pros
Nice Lunch-breaks, Good Bosses
Cons
Boring Work
Summer work
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 11, 2018
Position entailed lab and field work for a mosquito study every summer from about May to September. Work was not difficult but did require attention to detail.
Pros
Flexible hours
Excellent Experience and Connections
Human Performance Lab Intern (Former Employee) –  ArkansasMay 4, 2018
It's not every day you get to spend time with people who are at the top of their profession and can help you achieve the same goal. The coaches and players at the University care for you and will help you advance your career if they can.
Collaborative and fun work place
Event Representative (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 4, 2018
As a student working I wasn't highly involved in things but they always asked for our input when making the final decisions, recognizing that we are the ones interacting with the customers.
Summer Programs
Summer Program Residential Mentor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 24, 2018
This opportunity was to work and help highs school students increase their ACT scores. The interactions with them are priceless. Making a connection with the fellow mentors was also always a joy
The University is a great institution in a great city
Teaching Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Washington County, ARApril 23, 2018
The teaching assistant job is flexible job,you get to opportunity to choose most of the time you want to work. Moreover, it gives the opportunity of interacting with different poeple (students, instructors, etc) from different background and learn about different cultures.
Stressful!!
Service Assistant/Housing (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 18, 2018
Poor management/Overworked/Very stressful at times.
Its ran by a bunch of clowns! Cleaning up after a bunch of spoiled brats that have no respect. Pay is terrible for the hard work you do especially during the summers WalMart Share Holders/Camps! The only benefits that is worth anything is Vacation/Sick time. The rest is useless, Insurance isn't that good, The discount for going to school is useless unless you are young or have children 17-26yrs that plan to attend. Management is the worst, That is the main reason not to work at University of Arkansas!
Pros
Vacation/Sick/Holidays
Cons
Poor Management!
Fast paced job with good hours
Grounds Maintenance Crew (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 14, 2018
This was a fast paced job that provides great learning experiences and has good hours for part time workers. It is a great job for persons just starting to work.
nice job and nice people
Graduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 13, 2018
It is a good place to live with the work in UARK. People there are nice. The work pace is slow and relaxed mostly. But the place is far away from big cities.