University of Baltimore Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Place to work
American Indian History Instructor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 30, 2018
The U of B is great. I was treated with respect, but constantly challenged. Legal, Ethical and Historical Studies is an excellent department, where real education happens daily.
Work place
Computer digitial forsensic student expereince (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 28, 2018
It was student experience I can't really answer any of these questions. I would say my experience as a student was okay. I volunteer to do the work I did to gain experience.
My job here was technically work study but I loved it
Financial aid Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 20, 2018
I liked it here. the people are nice, you're close to downtown and the food spots in the area is good. its smack dab in the middle of busy streets but my experience here as a student and worker was fine
Pros
stress free, friendly environment, diverse, close to downtown Baltimore/harbor, public transit access
Cons
no football/basketball teams, no fraternities, no sororities, in the middle of busy streets, parking
It is not an exciting place to work and upper management doesn't really listen to the concerns of Adjunct Professors.
Adjunct Math Professor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 8, 2018
It is not a great place to work as there are never any pay raises or room for advancement. There is no diversity in the daily routine of the job. There are no positive changes year to year. The culture is very boring.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
no opportunity for career advancement
Great place
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 29, 2018
Great place to work.Culture encourages team work and effort in order to accomplish goals in relation to providing high quality education and "knowledge that works."
Decent Place
IT/Media and Computer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 5, 2018
No Complaints. Some days are faster than others. The managers are reasonable with obligations. Good environment. Good starter job to gain experience. Learn good skills to used at other places of work.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
NOt that many hours, but great learning experience, and great co-workers
Admissions Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 6, 2017
I work on contract and work-study in the office of admission at University of Baltimore so I can obtain my Bachelor degree in Finance. It's a flexible job that respected my academic demands. I preferred more hours, but they can only allow me to 20 hours a week. The management at the office admiss are great, they personable they are helpful and I learned a great deal from the counselors and staff there. There are really no hard parts of the job. It's mostly clerical duties and data management.; but the most tedious parts is the filing of transcripts, applications, and other paperwork from processing. I love interacting with the incoming students and helping them enroll on school. That in itself has its own rewards.
Pros
friendly and helpful co-workers, and management
Cons
not enough hours, no benefits
fun workplace
Mentor/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 25, 2017
University of Baltimore is a fun place to work as it gives you ample opportunities to learn daily. The culture is loving and management is great. I learned to make good use of my time.
Fullfilling
Financial Aid Counselor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 12, 2017
Working at the University of Baltimore gave me the opportunity to expand my knowledge base and explore additional career options. I am still in contact with many of my former co-workers.
Excellent place to work
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 24, 2017
Great place to work! UB provides a good balance of an intellectually challenging environment and a supportive culture for faculty and students. Salary and benefits are competitive.
I was a student circulation worker at the law library.
Law Library Student Circulation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 2, 2017
I loved working at the law library. It was very laid back. Once you got your assigned tasks for the day done, like loose-leafs and working the shelves (putting books back or shifting), you just had to sit at the desk and wait for people who needed your help. I would usually work on homework. Most students do. The most common thing I was asked was for directions to the bathroom, but I was also asked a lot of layout questions and where to find certain materials. If someone was looking for specific cases, I was in charge of directing them to the librarian, when available, or trying to find it through the database online. The librarians and supervisors are all so incredibly nice too. I spent a lot of time talking with them as well.
Pros
Whenever there's an event in the building, we got the leftover food. We also had food, tea, and coffee available during Finals time.
Cons
You get paid hourly, so if you miss a day or the school is closed because of snow, you don't get paid.
Small close knit feel
Diversity Admission Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 17, 2017
Easy to meet staff and colleagues at all different levels and departments. Overall supportive environment for staff and great comradery. Location is also great.
Great College Job
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 21, 2017
Loved everyone who worked there. It was great to be able to help students succeed. You get payed less then private tutors, and the hours are worse, because people get to schedule whenever they want based on a set of open hours. And you only get payed for the hours you actually tutor. Sometimes you get all the work you want, sometimes you get nothing.
Pros
Feeling of accomplishment
Cons
Pay
Mixed Feelings
Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 16, 2017
Hard to get the job done in with limited funding available. Very friendly people generally. Very good with work/life balance in the workplace. Benefits package is good.
Ub
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 6, 2017
The employment relationship with UB was seamless and I enjoyed helping students in the area of Finance. I also got training in the area of peer tutoring, communication, and red flags with mental health or substance abuse.
not bad
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 16, 2017
The job environment was not bad
Problems with parking in downtown Baltimore discourages people from wanting to work there
Also problems in Human resources and admin makes it a problem
Engaging workplace
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 13, 2017
As a student, this is a workplace that makes sense. You are able to engage mentally with like minded people. This encourages you to build team relationships, and cooperate with those around you. Overall an atmosphere that enables learning in multiple disciplines.
Tutor Peers
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 28, 2017
Help with basic understanding of Finance. Work at my own pace and schedule and got assistance when needed. Overall a good place to work. Environment is team spirited with a goal for everyone to succeed
Very independent and self learning opportunity
Graduate Research and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 13, 2017
It provided to me very independent and self learning opportunity to work in at University of Baltimore and learn the cross cultural experiences at the University.
Served It Purpose
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 7, 2017
The university of baltimore allowed me to build critical academic and professional skills while finishing my collegiate degree. The environment allowed me to grow and become a more well rounded professional
Pros
Worked with school schedule
Cons
No advancement