University of Baltimore Employee Reviews

It's a good place to work
Housekeeping Aide (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 2, 2018
I would like to advancedI got a lot of experience i Looking forward to be with your company I will look forward to being in your Hope to speak to you soon
Cons
What doesn't break you, will make you stronger
Academic Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 15, 2018
What I learned at UB is, handwork doesn't always pay off. A few members of management need to be terminated for ethical issues. Environment breeds divide. Co-workers are not helpful. Union is not active enough.
Pros
Education
Cons
health care
Creative Work Environment
Social Media Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 8, 2018
As an ambassador, I had access to the University's Snapchat account. We would interview students and prepare segments to showcase students. We would attend and give event coverage on the account to show some of the things that happen at school
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Not too many events to cover
productive and fun work place
Internship (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 12, 2018
My opinion of a typical day of work was good, fun, not basic. I have learned or furthered my education of Math and Reading which was interesting . My management was okay. The workplace culture was very interesting, not restless. The hardest part of the job was transferring to school after making nice associates. The most enjoyable about the job was the associates, the teachers, lunches, etc.
Pros
breaks, lunches, teaching
Wonderful
Summer Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 11, 2018
I enjoyed my time as a summer Adjunct. The students were great. The support was fantastic. I was never overwhelmed by the work.

I was allowed to prepare my own lessons and with the tools available, I usually had enough to teach for hours at a time. It was a great environment to teach in.
Decent Job experience
Transfer Success Coach (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 16, 2018
This was a cool job opportunity. I worked with a plethora of students. I was their mentor. I assisted them with whatever their needs were and stayed in contact with them.
Excellent staff and working conditions
Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 13, 2018
My work was primarily in the field however whenever I needed something from the office I just stopped by and my questions were answered. I also stopped into the office bi-weekly I would stop in the office to turn in my timesheet and travel forms.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great
Program Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 9, 2018
I loved working with the office staff. The university is a great place to work. Time off is easy to take. Vacation time is encouraged. Benefits are great as well.
Pros
everything
Nice work place
Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 1, 2018
It was nice working there It was a well kept classroom setting summer job and it was a fun work environment. It was self taught 5 week programming intern.
Grad research assistant
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 25, 2018
I was a grad research assistant at UB. I felt like my department really cared about my professional development. I worked very independently, and only along side the PI.
A productive and educational experience for me
Student Advisor/Success Coach (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 24, 2018
The most enjoyable part of this job was helping others and sharing my knowledge and experience with younger students. I felt good about the positive feedback I received after helping a student solve a particularly difficult problem.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough job security or room for advancement
Work study
Front Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 19, 2018
This is a work study job. It is a good one, but not something a student should consider as a career. A typical day is me answering phones and helping student with packages and request.
OTS Technology Services
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 9, 2018
This service was very important to the campus of University Of Baltimore because it required us to make sure we handled majority of the technology issues around the school. It's our job to utilize what we've been trained & use it to our advantage outside work as well. Students and staff always loved our commitments and efforts to always stay on top of issues.
Great Place to work
American Indian History Instructor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 30, 2018
The U of B is great. I was treated with respect, but constantly challenged. Legal, Ethical and Historical Studies is an excellent department, where real education happens daily.
Work place
Computer digitial forsensic student expereince (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 28, 2018
It was student experience I can't really answer any of these questions. I would say my experience as a student was okay. I volunteer to do the work I did to gain experience.
My job here was technically work study but I loved it
Financial aid Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 20, 2018
I liked it here. the people are nice, you're close to downtown and the food spots in the area is good. its smack dab in the middle of busy streets but my experience here as a student and worker was fine
Pros
stress free, friendly environment, diverse, close to downtown Baltimore/harbor, public transit access
Cons
no football/basketball teams, no fraternities, no sororities, in the middle of busy streets, parking
It is not an exciting place to work and upper management doesn't really listen to the concerns of Adjunct Professors.
Adjunct Math Professor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 8, 2018
It is not a great place to work as there are never any pay raises or room for advancement. There is no diversity in the daily routine of the job. There are no positive changes year to year. The culture is very boring.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
no opportunity for career advancement
Great place
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 29, 2018
Great place to work.Culture encourages team work and effort in order to accomplish goals in relation to providing high quality education and "knowledge that works."
Decent Place
IT/Media and Computer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 5, 2018
No Complaints. Some days are faster than others. The managers are reasonable with obligations. Good environment. Good starter job to gain experience. Learn good skills to used at other places of work.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
NOt that many hours, but great learning experience, and great co-workers
Admissions Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 6, 2017
I work on contract and work-study in the office of admission at University of Baltimore so I can obtain my Bachelor degree in Finance. It's a flexible job that respected my academic demands. I preferred more hours, but they can only allow me to 20 hours a week. The management at the office admiss are great, they personable they are helpful and I learned a great deal from the counselors and staff there. There are really no hard parts of the job. It's mostly clerical duties and data management.; but the most tedious parts is the filing of transcripts, applications, and other paperwork from processing. I love interacting with the incoming students and helping them enroll on school. That in itself has its own rewards.
Pros
friendly and helpful co-workers, and management
Cons
not enough hours, no benefits