University of Bridgeport Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Good Experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJune 21, 2018
My role was a Graduate Assistant.
As a Graduate assistant you have a wide options to learn new things.
It is also dependent on the professor for whom you are working.
Mine was good
Great
Print Manager (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMay 17, 2018
Always something to do and you will never get bored of what you are doing because it is a different project every single day of the week. Different clients and more.
A lot of Unhappy Employees
Sr. Human Resources Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMay 16, 2018
Unfortunately, the staff is under paid and over worked. The free education benefit is great but the effective date for coverage varies from person to person.
University of Bridgeport is a multi-cultural community that is known for quality academic learning
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 30, 2018
A collaborative and highly enterprising environment to work. The Professors are friendly. The University community is multi-cultured and highly diversed
It's a school
SANDELLA'S (Former Employee) –  CTApril 19, 2018
Goes by favoritism a lot and will often hire before the window of hiring even opens. Very understanding of school work (they have to they are the University after all). Recommended for those that are looking to build job experience,
Good
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 15, 2018
Good work culture for

Awarded a merit scholarship by the University of Bridgeport in Spring 2017 semester based on undergraduate academic performance.
This was a Student Employment Job
Summer Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 9, 2018
A great way to get involved in the school and learn more about how admissions collectively work their department. Opens opportunity within the campus on a professional level.
Best Place to work
Graduate Assistant of the Biosensor Course (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 6, 2018
Co-operative work environment
Easy tasks
Great pay
Hardworkers can survive

.......................
GRAD ASSISTANT BASKETBALL COACH (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMarch 27, 2018
Employers were very down to earth. I enjoyed being there. The work wasn’t difficult and I loved doing the job. The more I loved the job it didn’t feel like work but felt like everyday life.
Pros
Free trips with the basketball team.
Cons
No winter break or summer breaks.
Great for a school job
Studio Manager (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMarch 25, 2018
Come in, record people when they want, run errands and get experience working in a studio. Everything one could ask for and more. Really great job to have.
good
Graduate Assistant (Customer Service) (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTFebruary 25, 2018
very good nice place to study and work. learned a lot related to my field. also improvement in my communication and written skill. so happy to be part of UB
Great working environment and academic atmosphere
Adjunct professor, Philosophy and World Religions (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTFebruary 24, 2018
Working and teaching for the University of Bridgeport's College of Public and International Affairs is academically stimulating and rewarding. The Dean and his staff are outstanding.
On Campus
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTFebruary 21, 2018
Working at the university is just a part time on campus job and far from real world experience

My typical day consist of monitoring students that come to the game room
Getting good experience
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTFebruary 3, 2018
The hardest part of the job is to teach the student and solving the doubt. This job keeps me in touch with Java programming language. The workplace culture is very good at the University of Bridgeport.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTFebruary 2, 2018
The University of Bridgeport is a good place to work but there is not as much growth as some people may hope to find. Discounted tuition is a plus, though.
Great Environment
Student Research Worker (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 28, 2018
GREAT PLACE to work and study at the same time.

Flexible hours and great motivation. will love to continue working there if i could.

Best place to be
work fun
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTDecember 30, 2017
by working in the mailroom. I need to fulfilled print and copy orders for faculty and staff,Assisted students in mailing and receiving packages. the management is nice, work environment is nice.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
less work time
Challenging and Exciting
Physics Tutor (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTDecember 28, 2017
Although it is tough to be a tutor, the rewards are very fulfilling. The employers are very relaxed and the employees are very friendly. Preparing for the classes can be very exhausting and overwhelming; however, if you put a lot of effort you will be noticed. The funnest part of the job is when everything clicks and the students start to understand everything and see the logic behind the equations.
Productive, collaborative and fun work environment.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTDecember 7, 2017
Reinforce lessons presented by teachers by reviewing material with students one-on-one or in small groups, Enforce school and class rules to help teach students proper behavior and Help teachers with recordkeeping, such as tracking attendance and calculating grades.
I have learned from my job are:
1) How can I have time management and organize my self to be ready at any time the company needs me.
2) Know what I stand for--and what you don't. It gives you clarity. I stand for persistence, hard work, and never taking shortcuts.
3) Don't rest on my laurels. Instead, always strive for something outside of your comfort zone.
4) Believe in the power of failure. It's the best way to learn. Just remember to learn from your mistakes, and not to repeat the same ones.
5) Trust your inner compass, even when the naysayers do not.
6) Take the risk that takes you somewhere new.

I have learned from the workplace culture how can I deal with different types of people by the right way and how can I become more collaborative. Also, Working with a team and under pressure.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
working hours inconsistent with my classes
Enjoyable work Environment
Dispensary Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTDecember 5, 2017
I like working at UB, because the dispensary can be fast paced, and you learn a lot form Management and co-workers. It is a fun and good place to work.