University of Bridgeport Employee Reviews

well balanced work environement
IT Project Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJune 12, 2019
It is an amazing place to work with a great working and understating team,
one will not regret working in such an environment. Understanding management as well.
University
CAMS - Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJune 10, 2019
University with a good location, however, the area is not very safe due to ongoing violence in the neighbourhood. Management tries to keep it safe but needs more work.
Excellent
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMay 29, 2019
I learnt a lot from working at University of Bridgeport. It helped me build myself professionally. The university is like a family and I built a very good relationship with the people around me. I would highly recommend it to anyone.
An excellent opportunity
Graduate Assistant Research (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 29, 2019
A typical day at work is so gone fast. can't even highlight the main points.
The department has an excellent director which has a SOPs ,the students worked on.
good
Cons
nothing
Internship with great learning opportunities
Clinical Intern (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMarch 10, 2019
Valuable internship with lots of opportunity for clinical experience as well as interaction with student population. Lots of opportunity to provide psycho-education to students on campus. Supportive supervision.
Greate students
Residential Life Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMarch 6, 2019
At UB you have the ability to create and help shape many young lives. There is an abundance of potential here at UB, with actual love and dedication, you can make a huge impact on students, the UB community and the Bridgeport community.
Pros
Great people work here, room to create, institution is upgrading
Very good place to work and many supporting collegues
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 31, 2019
teach on the basis of your syllabus, and conduct office hours and help students
-supporting working environment uplifts every individuals to push oneself on a continuous basis
-Supportive management
-Supportive and provides academic freedom to its faculty
-To always push and adapt your self to meet the expectations of the university
-The satisfaction and recognition you get from your good performance and effort, good working environment
Pros
exteremely supporting environment
It was ok
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 28, 2019
I was a graduate assistant for Physician Assistant Institute. It was a slow paced work as I would help the faculty in the day to day things like question papers and other stuff
Not the best place for adjuncts
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 19, 2019
You are expected to make all materials from scratch. Full time faculty are not helpful and not so friendly to adjuncts. I suspect that the full time people are really busy, but as an adjunct where the pay is MUCH lower here compared to the Connecticut Community Colleges, I expected a little more help from full time faculty members to share their materials that they generated from the courses in previous semesters.
Server Maintenance & Technical Support
Lab Management & System Engineer (Former Employee) –  School of Engineering, University of BridgeportJanuary 12, 2019
Performed computer, server-based troubleshooting & resolve technical issues in a timely manner. Exhibit the capacity to intelligently comprehend fundamental specialized issues. Be familiar with the accessible help assets and stay refreshed with grounds innovation changes and issues
Nice
Receptionist/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CT 06604November 25, 2018
I am a student worker, it wasn't all that difficult and the people were nice. However the changes that were made over the summer vacation did cause some confusion for the workers.
Pros
nice people
Cons
Constant administrative changes
Productive and fun work environment
Summer Bridge Mentor (Current Employee) –  Office of The Dean of StudentsNovember 10, 2018
The work done for the University of Bridgeport has been federal work study. The workload is dependent on your academic schedule and helps students to develop useful office skills such as answering phones, filing, and use of data entry systems.
Growing private university with a diverse student body
Nursing Professor/Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 19, 2018
Strong ability to collaborate and grow the programs. Diverse student body. Rated highly by student body. Parking a challenge (no garage) but free. Good support.
Good Job
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 3, 2018
Working at UB was good. Gained lot of knowledge with some management skills and the job was quite good and supervisor was very helpful. Solved students problems and assist faculty members.
A nice place to learn
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 2, 2018
I am really proud to be a student of this great learning institution because I have improved academically, mentally, and psychologically. it is a diverse school which gives me the opportunity to meet and interact with other students from across the world. The school is equipped with world-class learning facilities, great library, and a 24 hours security presence.
fun and productive place to work
Admin Assistant, Vice President of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTSeptember 2, 2018
worked for Admissions Director -- daily helping out w/ her schedule - working with International Admissions with new student folders and acceptance letters
Pros
close to home
Productive workplace
Controller (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTAugust 19, 2018
Private university that prides itself on its international student body and strong academic achievement. The university has grown over my time with them. They have created new buildings and renovated exiting ones as well as new athletic facilities. They have adapted to changes in educational delivery systems.
Laid back and collaborative environment
Lab Monitor (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJuly 23, 2018
This job was a part time job which allowed me to study while working. The job was to simply watch over the computer lab, making sure it stayed visually appealing, while helping anyone who needed help with the printers or computers. The management was very understanding of any circumstances that came up and prioritized my studying and well being over the job.
Pros
Laid back, great management
Cons
no benefits since its a part time
The UB Stamford Center was a fulfilling place to work.
Director of the Stamford Campus (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJuly 11, 2018
In my career at the University of Bridgeport I found the work challenging and satisfying. In my tenure there I worked with students, faculty, coworkers and upper management. As the director of the site, I managed the facility, the budget and the staff. Working closely with Admissions, we increased the enrollment utilizing low cost initiatives in order to remain within our budgets. My staff and I created a wam and supportive environment to facilitate learning.
Pros
Liberal vacation policy, good healthcare
Cons
Lack of communication between departments
Good Experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJune 21, 2018
My role was a Graduate Assistant.
As a Graduate assistant you have a wide options to learn new things.
It is also dependent on the professor for whom you are working.
Mine was good