University of California, Irvine Employee Reviews

Good workplace
Visiting Researcher (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 11, 2018
I was a visiting researcher supporting the professor at Personal Computing Industry Center at The Paul Merage School of Business of University of California, Irvine.
Ph.D. Student Researcher (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 10, 2018
Regents at UC Irvine was a great place to work. It provided the necessary money I need to survive as a student so I will always appreciate Regent at UC.
Enjoable place for working
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 28, 2018
I tried to have a regular working time. We have projects to conduct correctely. The organisation and working hard is needed to acheive the prupose. The communication is also important, we have group meeting each week in addition to individual discussion. In our lab, exploring new idea and creativity is encouraged, which make science very exciting.
Nice location, great environment, old facilities
Executive Assistant to Vice Provost (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 28, 2018
UCI has a fun and youthful environment and has great benefits. The University environment is quite different than the corporate environment that I was previously use to, but if you have the right skill set, it is easy to make the transition.
Pros
Great young environment
Cons
Pay is low
Research assisting is best assisting.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 27, 2018
While the work-life balance may be a little skewed because of attending classes throughout the day and trying to fit in lab time when possible, it is definitely the experience necessary for graduate programs.
Great place.
Student (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 26, 2018
The start of the day varied. It was dependent on what was happening that day. Created long term friends whilst working with each and every department.
Caring Community
ASSITANT DIRECTOR, CARE (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 21, 2018
UCI has a culture of caring and taking care of one another. There is no typical day and things move quickly on a quarter system. The students are the most enjoyable and important aspect of the work.
Pros
Campus events, professional development opportunities
Cons
Long hours, weekend hours
Fun and productive place to work.
Campus Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 20, 2018
Counseling, support to students to manage College life and pursue their degrees. Assess for psychosocial complications faced by undergraduate and graduate students.
cool
Student Aide-Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 18, 2018
the company only had student workers for the filler work. There really wasnt much to do for a student but wait for an authroity to yell at you for others peoples mistakes.
TA ship as a Graduate Student
TA-Ship (Teaching) (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 12, 2018
I felt very supported. Part of my graduate program was to teacher undergraduate courses. I think this was a great way to also help us learn from a new perspective.
Pros
Health Care
Cons
I don't actually want to teach
Excellent place to go to graduate school
PhD student (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 11, 2018
All the faculty at UC Irvine are collaborative and friendly. It is an excellent place to go to graduate school for the physical sciences. The biggest drawback is the red tape associated with administrative tasks such as; renting vehicles for experiments, installing new equipment, paperwork for experiments, and safety inspections.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, independence
Cons
Big University which means things get bureaucratic.
productive work environment
Insurance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 24, 2018
Very active and busy place to work. Staff are very helpful. you will most likely learn new skills because there are different jobs to be performed at this hospital
Productive work place, terrible culture
Student Secretary, Office of Vice Chancellor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 22, 2018
would not recommend pursue a career in the student affairs office, overall the vibe in the office was pettiness with an extreme lack for care of student workers between higher up staff.
Productive and Enjoyable Environment to Work In
International Peer Group Mentor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 21, 2018
I have worked on campus during my Undergrad, and is an exciting place to work in. Working part-time consisted 10 hours each week. I learned communication skills, leadership skills and working in teams. The workplace is very diverse and every one is very open-minded. The most enjoyable part is talking to co-workers and gaining experience talking to other staff.
Slow pace, peaceful, and friendly working enviornment
Financial Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 14, 2018
Working in an educational environment is peaceful and nice. The overall working experience is great, and glad to have a nice supervisor and some colleges that help me to learn the internal system and operations.
Breath of Fresh Air
Field Study Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 13, 2018
Working as a field study assistant gave me a new sense of motivation as I dove head first into a new line of work. I never worked outside performing research on our daily lives and it felt rewarding to know that with my help people were making larger discoveries that could help us in the long run.
Great long term benefits
Senior Research Auditor, School of Medicine (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 6, 2018
This is a great place to work. Being a state run institution the benefits are very very good. People stay there for great many years. I know some who have stayed for 35-40 years and then retired
Good place
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 10, 2018
Good place to study in UCI. However, it is very competitive. It is not quite flexible to the work time as a student because the course loan is very heavy.
University work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 6, 2018
Good place to work since I began. I have no serious complaints about the environment or supervisors. I learned many things during my time here and am happy I got the opportunity.
Great place to do nursing in.
Nursing Student Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 22, 2018
The university prides itself in research and compared to other nursing schools that was the main focus. It did not deter from clinical experience but did add more to nursing school than what I expected.