University of California, Irvine
82High
4.4

University of California, Irvine Employee Reviews

United States453 reviews
a lot of resource to help you when you need extra help.
very good work environment. many resources like Break RN, transport RN. PCC. good pay with great benefits includes Pension. in ICU we have 2 patients and often assign 1 to 1 care if assignment is heavy. charge nurse is there to help. great communication between residents and physicians. I have no doubt I will retire from UCI.
Great learning outcome, rewarding experience
Learned a lot from professors, and colleagues.
School encourage students to take confidence.

Very systematical, very well organized.

Clean and nice environment.
Adequate
I was only an intern which meant I was not going to be paid for my services. Other than that, it was relatively good considering the type of work I was doing.
Little guidance, almost zero training.
I spent 3 years at UCI studying to get a masters degree in English. As part of my degree package, I was assigned a teaching role for the entire 3 year period. I taught English/Composition, one section per quarter. This is a fair workload for a graduate student. The pay was satisfactory and we had full health insurance with Anthem Blue Cross. All good.

BUT I received just one day of "teacher orientation" and was then sent off to teach university-level English/Composition to freshman and sophomore students. Truly, nobody guides you or cares about this class. You could teach anything and nobody would know. There is no auditing. The only thing resembling an "audit" is that in your first quarter of teaching, a teacher slightly more senior than you will sit in on ONE of your class sessions--yes, ONE--and afterward, give you a few items of feedback. This is done very informally.

You do not have to have any previous teaching experience to do this role. In fact, most of us didn't have any at all. None. Not even tutoring.

We were given an online "course shell" from a teacher more advanced than us, which had exercises and instructions in it, but we had to modifying them all, delete some of them, add our own, with almost no guidance. For all the teachers, the first quarter of teaching is a joke through which you fumble and try to learn from your mistakes, and I feel sorry for the students because they are just practice dummies.

We had to buy our own books from which to teach.

Most of my students were international students and were learning English--many of them were in
 - more...
Fun place to work
- It's a perfect place to work
- Perfect management

- Diversity

- Interactive workplace culture

- You're able to learn daily

- reasearche-based university
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Great
-busy workplace
-great place to get your foot in the door

-college campus is nice but parking is annoying

-great colleagues

-innovative environment

-helpful staff
Friendly and productive environment
The workplace culture is lively since working with students is a constant occurrence but can be stressful due to the large number of students and the high demand from workers.
Excellent
Great place to be a student and to work.
Inclusive environment, great diverse culture

People are very open to help you out.

The experiential learning projects are a good learning experience.
like most other grad student life
Working in the lab and office also should do some TA stuff.
The hardest part of the job is to achieve the final results. The most enjoyable part of work is to see the good results in the experiments I designed.
Productive and friendly work environment
The work environment at the student center is very friendly as everyone has grown fairly close and have become friends before co-workers. This allows for the increase production as work becomes more enjoyable as you are essentially hanging out with your friends.
Great place to work and care about Patient Health and well being. Excellent benefits and challenging projects in a rapidly evolving Clinical Trial Center
Motivating work place
At my job, there was intensive training. The training staff was extremely supportive and did not leave you alone when the work started. Working with students as a discussion leader was extremely beneficial for learning skills that I can use at my workplace.
great team work, many oppurtunity to learn medical knowlege.
I am learning something new everyday, clinical knowledge to how to interact to multiple teams. manage neuro specific patient. I like the team works, when I need help, PCC is there to help me. also close to my coworkers to personal level.
Great
I Had a great time producing and co-directing a feature length documentary film. It was a year long process with various team members, who all worked together to deliver an awesome project.
I currently enjoy working there
I enjoy working in a team where we try to help each other. I always arrive to work early and prepared. My boss cares about and is supportive to his employees.
Great people!
During my time at my internship, I was always included in being a leader in the camp. Despite being the youngest one, everyone there treated me like their equal.
wow am i done yet?
SoftRock's graphic designers, software engineers and content creators collaborate to create websites as well as mobile and social media applications designed to be fresh, elegant and engaging. SoftRock is dedicated to exceeding expectations,by constantly evaluating the user experience, partner feedback and emerging technology in order to improve products.
Excellent working relationships with staff
Great place to work. Management seeks to assist with your progress within your working environment. Listens to your needs and requests needed to complete your objectives.
I worked as Chief Accountability Officer. I really enjoyed my time in ASUCI. It gives you a whole new perspective on how the school works and opens up the door to new opportunities.
Full-time student
I am currently still a student at UCI. I have been very appreciative of everything the university has to offer. If you are willing to go out of your way they can help provide internships, jobs, or whatever you're looking for.
Collaborative project based roles in Biology and chemistry
In my position as an undergraduate researcher, I was able to apply for fellowships such as "Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program" and "Summer Undergraduate Research Program" which had me work in a bio laboratory. I stay in contact with my PI every few days and was in lab generally 6-8 hrs a day. I did cell culture, bioinformatics, drug development, research submission writing, project management, inventory stocking, and lab member communications.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of California, Irvine. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4
4.2
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
University of California, Irvine Reviews by Location