University of California, Santa Barbara Employee Reviews

Fun with a family work culture
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Events CenterJuly 23, 2018
Working for the events center was always fun and collaborative. It was difficult to get hours, but the manager there was the nicest man and would always help if you needed more hours
Excellent learning experience
AIM Photonics Future Leaders Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJuly 13, 2018
I enjoyed working as an AIM Photonics Future Leaders Intern at University of California, Santa Barbara. I worked closely with graduate students from Biomimetics Circuits and Nanosystems Group at UC Santa Barbara using C and Verilog to develop new communication hierarchy in a digital chip implementation. It was a great working and learning experience.
Part time instructor review
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJuly 6, 2018
Overall great experience. The campus closed in Ventura, so I could not drive all the way to the Santa Barbara campus. The staff on site was excellent. They were very accommodating.
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJuly 3, 2018
It was a very organized work environment where my tasks were outlined and updated throughout the course of a quarter. I had alot of flexibility in terms of how I got my points across as long as all topics were covered.
Pros
Very relaxed work enviroment
Average.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJuly 2, 2018
It really depends on the department that hires you. There are wide variety of jobs that go from 0 to 100. It is what you make out of it. Friendly faculties, friendly students, etc.
Great job to have while attending college
Physics Peer Adviser (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJuly 2, 2018
I was able to escape from physics courses and help my peers with their courses. Great job to have while still in college. I would recommend a job with the physics department.
Pros
relaxed work environment
Cons
conflict with class times
Relaxing when work is slow, fast-paced when it is time to be busy
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJune 28, 2018
On a typical day as a student employee at the Annual Fund, certain hours are slow and relaxed, but certain hours are busy and fast-paced. On this job, I learned to be a better listener and communicator. The workplace culture is friendly.
Productive and professional workplace
Undergrad Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJune 25, 2018
University of California Santa Barbara has a wonderful staff, which makes it a comfortable workplace culture. The opportunities as well as the connections are endless, and would provide an experience that is far more than one imagined.
Productive and fun work space
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJune 19, 2018
On a typical day, I would be required to consistently update information and sent out pledge cards to donors. The workplace culture was welcoming and productive.
Work Culture
Education and Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJune 2, 2018
UCSB is no a place for people of color to thrive. It very hard to black/AA to feel like you are a part of or inappropriate comments have been made...
Pros
Ocean view from office
Cons
Not diverse at all
Fun work place
Employee/ Stock Room Expert (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAMay 27, 2018
Working in the bookstore is a lot of fun but allows you to grow and experience how fast pace and in demand, it can be on a sales floor. being able to work with a team and solo on projects allows a work environment for everyone.
Pros
discount
Pretty chill area
CASHIER/BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAMay 24, 2018
It is super cool being able to live so close to the beach. You get to balance a social life along with an academic one. The downfall is that the party can seem distracting
Feels like a country club
Supervising Senior Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAMay 23, 2018
Great working atmosphere and amazing co-workers. I'm not happy about the parking situation. I also think the UC should provide free EV charging. I also would support free access to the Rec Center for staff.
Good expiriance
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CAMay 10, 2018
Excellent experience for undergrads looking to get into research. the lab feels collaborative and the PIs are fair and caring mentors. I learned many technical skills and what to expect in how a research group is run and am still in close contact with mentors from RACELab
great place to get experience in research
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAMay 9, 2018
work one on one with the professor in charge of research.

Collaborative environment

Easy job

requires attention to detail

great place to get some experience in research
Incredible campus
Assistant Coach - Men's Lacrosse (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAApril 23, 2018
The setting of the campus is on the water with breathtaking views. The students and staff are friendly and kind. It is one of the most beautiful campuses in the world.
great job
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAApril 11, 2018
My manger is great, getting tones of experience managing a big operation. relax atmosphere getting a sense of accomplishment . working with students is.
ehh
Communications Intern (Current Employee) –  UCSB, CAApril 9, 2018
not the best place to work but also not the worst. I learned a lot of coding skills and photoshop skills here. the people all seem kinda depressed and under paid but Im just an intern so idk
Good
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Goleta Point, CAApril 8, 2018
During my time as a student in the University of California, Santa Barbara, I have utilized and made use of the many courses that were offered to help my career.
Good
Student (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CAApril 8, 2018