University of California - San Francisco Employee Review

View all University of California - San Francisco reviews

Worst managed hospital I ever worked at.
Radiology (Current Employee) –  UCSFSeptember 11, 2013
Stay away from Radiology. It's a great place to learn the latest but there are way too many "chiefs" who have no business managing people. There may be a few people happy in the overall department but most are not and the number 1 issue you'll hear is how bad the management is. Good luck!
Pros
Learn things you won't see anywhere else
Cons
If you don't mind incompetent managers

Comment – February 17, 2014

I agree. I've been in the radiology department over 7 years and it is the worst managed place I have ever worker. Management is incompetent and due to poor surveys by employees, they have all been going through training to learn to be better. The problem is the breed that works at UCSF isn't capable of changing so we are still stuck with their poor ability to manage people and resources. The "Peter Principle" is alive and well here. Also, when you have so many managers per subordinates, you wonder what the need is and can the money spent on their positions be better used elsewhere to make it a better place to work.

Other University of California - San Francisco Employee Reviews

Stable Position with motivated colleagues
Solution Center Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 19, 2018
UCSF has been a place of incredible growth and learning. You are surround by a highly motivated group of individuals that truly care about healthcare and quality. I highly recommend them as an employer.
Great Culture, Innovative environment, Opportunities to grow
Director (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 16, 2018
As part of the UC system, offers highest salaries and benefits. Work in a culture that supports and seeks innovation. Supports progressive thinking. Professional environment supports life-work balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of California - San Francisco. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss