University of California - San Francisco Employee Reviews

My start was excellent, my last position not so
Clinical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA 94103August 17, 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed working for AHP and was warned against working for Citywide. My first month a colleague was stabbed and I could never adapt to a culture of normalizing the abnormal
Overworked and Unhealthy
Licensed Vocational Nurse- Mt.Zion Pediatrics (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 11, 2019
Leaving UCSF is one the worst "mistakes" I needed to make.
My entire time there was a race to accomplish an unsatisfactory remark for my work. Someone wold leave unhappy., often times it was me.
We would see over 100 families a day., and still have mountains of messages, and documents to be completed. My feet and forearms would burn from racing to get the next 7 tasks accomplished.
Twice a month we would meet to be told how "Our Department was millions of dollars .." in the Red.
Pros
You were never bored
Cons
Your hair would fall out from stress - or you'd breakout in hives.
Fun and challenging workplace
Patient Services Representative in Psychiatry (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 10, 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed working at UCSF. The benefits were great and the atmosphere was jovial. My coworkers were friendly and I enjoyed helping patients.
My department is fun and relaxing.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 9, 2019
A typical day at work, everybody stay focused and productive since my department works with the public.
The management provides staff with opportunities to develop administrative skills on the job and enroll them in business development classes.
The work place culture is relaxing.
Most importantly, the management is appreciative, and supportive.
Productive workplace
Postdoctoral fellow (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 4, 2019
UCSF has state-of-the-art laboratories and facilities, exceptional networking and great benefits.
Considering the high cost of leaving in San Francisco, I would recommend increasing the availability of postdoc/PhD students housing.
Secure jobs place.
Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 1, 2019
Here is an amazing place for work, personal grows, learn a lot of opportunities.

People are very helpful, share their knowledge.

Thanks for everything!
Great work enviroment and access to new tecniques
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 26, 2019
UCSF offers a good opportunity to learn Sciences and to increase the scientific network, as well as to access to the current technologies and approaches in Medical Sciences
Postdoc
Post-doctoral Researcher (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 11, 2019
Just like any other postdoc position, you don't get paid enough. But I will say that the benefits here are great. You get fully insured (your family too).
Still glass ceiling for women rising up the administrative ladder
Professor Emerita (Former Employee) –  Parnassus CampusJuly 6, 2019
My worst academic medical career mistake was leaving my clinical & research position in the Dept of Anaesthesia at Harvard Med Sch/Mass Gen Hospital for an academic position in the Dept of Anesthesiology at UCSF. UCSF's administration, both inter- and intradepartramental is the wild, wild wWest
Pros
Many cutting edge medical advancements.
Cons
Inbred, little support from above, very political with slow advancement for women compared to men.
Great place to work and learn new things.
Internship/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 1, 2019
UCSF was a great place to intern at. They teach you a lot about UCSF in general as well as what each person does there. They made me feel welcome and had me do a lot of hands on work which I enjoyed.
Great place
Sr. Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 30, 2019
Great Place to work, fits all my ideals and like the many projects they are working on. It is also a University, so one will always have access to growth.
Great university to work for
Executive Assistant to the Chairman (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 21, 2019
UCSF is a wonderful place to work. Great people and health benefits. However, the one drawback was individual departments do not offer tuition reimbursement.
Work with the most innovative and creative scientists you will ever meet
Protein chemistry laboratory technician (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 9, 2019
Every lab culture is different. My lab had great opportunities for everyone to contribute meaningfully to the ongoing research. That permission and recognition made it a great place to work.
Great work/life balance
Residency Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 31, 2019
The workplace culture is really good. It is a very busy office and fast paced. Staff and Faculty are friendly and fun to work with. Must be able to multitask in high efficiency to meet program needs.
Fun place to work
IT Computer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 30, 2019
It's a fun place to work and learn but there is not enough room to grow. Customers are really nice and polite. It has good benefits if you work full time.
Great opportunity
STATISTICIAN (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 29, 2019
After leaving my former employer, working at UCSF was a much needed change in pace for work life balance....................................................
Pros
everything except salary
Cons
salary
Lack of advancement for temps
Senior Admissions Worker (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 24, 2019
I have been a temp here and my real problem is the lack of advancement. It is clear my department does have the budget to hire career right now but they continually over work the temps by waiting last minute to schedule because it is more cost effective to have temps on schedule. This results in unclear schedules and communication. It is also looked down upon to call in sick (not really an option) but we cover all sick call outs.
ucsf is good
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 20, 2019
The University of California, San Francisco is a public research university in San Francisco, California. It is part of the University of California system and it is dedicated entirely to health science. It is a major center of medical and biological research and teaching.
Pay is not equitable with work load
CRC (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 14, 2019
UCSF pay scale is not equitable with the amount of work. Overwork but underpaid. Benefits are good though. This is a good place to work if you want to get an experience as CRC, and then go to graduate school, and if your parents can support you. Get out as soon as you can, don't stick around here!
great learning experience
Clinical Research Analyst I (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 24, 2019
Great place to work and learn, opportunity to advance at your workplace, Being able to help people in need gives a great rewarding feeling, great management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of California - San Francisco. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss