University of California - San Francisco Careers and Employment
Work happinessScores based on about 107 responses to Indeed's survey on work happiness
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), is a center of health sciences research, patient care, and education; located in San Francisco, California, and is widely regarded as one of the world's leading universities in health sciences.Though one of the 10 campuses of the University of California, it is the only UC school dedicated solely to graduate education, and in health and biomedical sciences.
You’re seeing all 1,307 jobs at University of California - San Francisco because we can’t find any available jobs at University of California - San Francisco close to Ashburn, VA at the moment.
Salary estimated from 2.9K employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed.
Scientific Research & Development
I worked here for 3 and a half years and really enjoyed my time at Ucsf. When I first started I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do career wise. They teach you about different groups within the department (EHS) and got the opportunity to work with IH and Fire Prevention. Now I’m on the path to get my bachelors in fire science.
A lo largo de mis años de experiencia, ha sido un constante aprendizaje. Trabajar en la supervisión de colaboradores de ventas me produjo mucha satisfacción con cada logro del equipo. Durante mi participación como miembro del comité asesor de la compañía, adquirí conocimientos en el manejo de Estadísticas y Condiciones, basado en Cienciología. Fue enriquecedor echar a andar cambios en diferentes departamentos como asistente en la gestión del desarrollo del programa ISO. Como asistente de gerencia, reconocí la importancia de las relaciones humanas y la gestión con las diferentes áreas. Asimismo, dar capacitación al personal o clientes de la empresa es una práctica constante de conocimientos. Como recepcionista, vendedora y ejecutiva de servicio al cliente he aprendido a prestar atención a los detalles que implican la satisfacción del cliente. En general también me desempeñé con éxito en el control de calidad, análisis registrado, inventarios, control de activos, como cajera, digitadora de datos y más.
Overall not a bad place to work however it is highly dependent on your group as a postdoc. Be expected to work overtime. The school has a fair amount of resources and a supportive, inclusive culture. The pay is terribly low in the bay area.
Strong academic research groups at one of the top graduate programs in the country - your experience will depend on the specific department or team you are on though, as with any large organization. Most research groups are pretty competent and politics can vary. Pay and benefits are below private sector norms, but that's not unusual for a university.
UCSF is a great place to work if you are a student looking for some patient care hours and experience into the field. You will see a variety of patients, conditions, and meet people from all roles. The pay is also great.
What would you say about your employer?
People have asked 40 questions about working at University of California - San Francisco. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from University of California - San Francisco employees.
Insights from 99 Indeed users who have interviewed with University of California - San Francisco within the last 5 years.
Why do you want to work at UCSF?
Process so long
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- Accessibility, Disability and AccommodationExplore employer support and available accommodations for people with disabilities.
- University of California - San Francisco