University of California Los Angeles

University of California Los Angeles Employee Reviews

United States1,175 reviews

Found 1,175 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,180 reviews
studentcampusuniversityprofessoracademicfacultydepartmentlab

Good people and organized system

Training is organized, consistent, and efficient. The job has its busy peaks as well as slower days, but regardless management is willing to let you be flexible with your hours.

Pros

flexible hours, good pay, work from home

Cons

none really

good pay there is nothing else to look forward to!

everything is going to revolve around pay they pay the most thats why people work there and then you see how terrible it is you will try to get away but you wont because its a nightmare. so you will probably stay along for the excellent pay and torture is included you will have pimples and a bald spot in 6 months guaranteed and in 1 year youll be on anxiety meds and have high blood pressure.

Pros

good pay thats really it and the health insurance you'll need it when you start breaking down

Cons

every aspect of the job besides the pay even the thought of it will make you fall ill.

University of California Los Angeles insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things

Camp Counselor

Hardest part of the job was being placed in a group with another counselor who expected you to do most of the work. However, management was supportive and friendly, and tried to get to know everyone on a cordial level.

Research Technician

Overall good experience in 2010-2011 as Research Technician. I worked in a lab for 30 hrs a week and also taught some lab classes. Pay was decent for a new graduate.

Great school and work schedule

I loved working for ucla housing it was a great work/studying balance I was able to study during the graveyard shift it allowed me to maintain good grades while still earning money.

UCLA extension employee

The biggest work perk was the ability to take a free class every quarter. When I was there in 2017 leadership was in turmoil and morale was down. Hopefully, things are better now.

Students, staff, management and Professors

Working with other staff and management team. Clients utilizing active listening skills . With my education and work experience I am certain that there is nothing I will not be able accomplish and contribute. I enjoy working with others.

Pros

Arrangements of flowers are done beautifully

Cons

Taking a break while assisting customers is not professional

productive and fun place to work with, managers and PIs are always there for you. Everyone is friendly and very helpful.I have learn many skills working with UCLA.

Pros

Job Security

Cons

Salary

Great job but bad management/training

The job is great itself, they do train you and give you fair compensation for an entry level job but some trainings can be vague. They will expect perfection out of you, they offer you a high wage and most jobs will say "career" but they will let you go after probationary period

Good Place for Student Work

Flexible hours, and accommodating. Good workplace vibes and everything you need to know is taught when you first join. Understanding management but correct any mistakes.

Solid job

Simple work and tasks are not too overwhelming. It's a good job to balance with other responsibilities and leadership was always responsive to questions.

Great people not bartender money

Great people, extremely great and low cost benefits. Strong no tipping policy and pay isn’t great. One great aspect though is you can get full benefits working just 3 days per week (at least 20 hours)

Fellowship

It was pretty cool, but you must get this through your college/university. Intensive background interviews that you need to show your love for academia. Priority for POC. This fellowship wants to diversity academia.

Productive, Higher education, great opportunities

I worked at UCLA for 32yrs. I enjoyed working for UCLA, daily l looked forward to getting up and going to work. The work environment was always on point. I accomplish so much working at UCLA. Processing payroll, reimbursements, making travel arrangements for domestic and foreign.

Pros

Higher education, example I was able to take additional class which assist with my growth within department

Cons

Healthcare and excellent retirement

Must be willing to work night shifts

Job is pretty manageable. However position required rotating night shifts, which didn’t work well for my schedule. Make sure you are willing to do night shifts prior to starting

Work life balance

Work load is manageable, but difficult when you’re a working student.But a fan of administering quizzes, feels stressful.The portal to record hours and pay was fairly easy to navigate. It was limited in how it would allow you to record hours. You couldn’t work 16 hours in a day - even though you did work 16 hours in a day.The work isn’t difficult- there is just a lot of work.

Nothing same favoritism

They hire they family members they get the advance and top spot. There is no kind us unity...they cheat you out pay and have no excuse for what it was taken for.they wanted me to clean up biohazard with no protection.

Micromanaged to the max

Worked at the Academic Senate and the training was horrible. Given plenty of random tasks without any instructions or training. They expected you to research how to do the tasks, but also wanted to ask questions to show that you are 'working'. They will micro-manage you 24/7. Wants to know what you are doing every second of the day and having to put it in the calendar.

Pros

Remote, work balance

Cons

Manager, horrible training, micromanage

Excellent mentors

pros-great resources-helpful mentors-development opportunities-good communication from program coordinators-gaining experience with formal researchcons-very mentally draining

What is the best part of working at University of California Los Angeles?The undergrad studentsWhat is the most stressful part about working at UCLA Parking Services?The expectations of the facultyWhat is the work environment and culture like at UCLA Residential LIfe?The supervisors are not good at supporting the staffWhat is a typical day like for you at University of California Los Angeles?It varies depending on the time of year in the quarter.

Good place to start your career

I worked in clinical research, the department is very busy and overwhelming but it is a great place to start. Benefits are better than most. I miss them. Compensation could be better and ultimately why I left. If you plan to stay minimum 5 years, opt for the pension.

Pros

pension, low cost insurance options

Cons

heavy workloads, minimal training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of California Los Angeles. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare University of California Los Angeles with

Studying at UCLA Extension

Find out what it's like to study here.Read all reviews
  • University of California Los Angeles