University of California Los Angeles Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
General library assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 14, 2019
Working at UCLA Library is very fun and productive. Enviroment is friendly and since you are working with books, there is a lot to learn. The is good acees to varety of foods and even there is a cafe inside the YRL. Good experience over all.
Friendly environment with staff.
Bell Attendant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 9, 2019
UCLA is a great place to work. If you're full time you get full benefits and 40hrs a week. Management is great working with your schedule. Friendly environment with staff.
Great Enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 5, 2019
The Career Department was a great place to work in. Very energetic crew. Great also if you need information for yourself. Parking is a bit tough but they will work with you.
freindly co workers,and people.
Senior Custodian (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 5, 2019
A great place to work and real good for advancement. Always active, and always busy doing my work.Managers and co workers easy to work with.You learn a lot of being nice to people.
Pros
free lunch
My time at the Film Department at UCLA was a creative and rewarding job...
Assistant Film Professor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 2, 2019
Since I was only an Adjunct or part time film professor, my hours were reasonable... But ultimately not enough... I enjoyed working with the eager students and professional faculty, but again, because I was only part time... When enrollment dropped, I was no longer needed and my job was given to Full Time Faculty... That's the hardest part of being a part time professor...
Pros
Professional Filmmaking Faculty, eager and creative students...
Cons
Only being an Adjunct or part time assistant professor...
good luck getting hired
Administrative Assistant/Cash Poster (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 27, 2018
this place makes it so difficult to work at and make a name for yourself to get hired. Needs better management to stop the favoritism there among staff.
Productvie and fun
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 26, 2018
Great kids and great school district. Would definitely recommend any aspiring teacher to sub there. Fortunately there are many schools to choose from so you're never out of work.
Ucla
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 25, 2018
UCLA is a great institute to work for once you are in there. You have a greater opportunity to transition to different departments once you are in house.
A job with endless opportunities for personal growth
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 20, 2018
My job as a resident assistant has been challenging, exciting, and extremely fulfilling. Being able to help my residents navigate their educational experience while fostering a sense of trust was the most valuable leadership experience I could have asked for. I learned how to effectively deal with sensitive situations while maintaining professionalism throughout. The time management required for this position taught me how to plan my days accordingly and move efficiently to complete my responsibilities.
Pros
Good pay, understanding of school schedule, meaningful responsibilities, cohesive team
Great work culture.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 15, 2018
I enjoyed my time there. THe atmosphere was great. It helped me develop as an Administrative Assistant. The environment helped with navigate with the huge population. I had four different managers. It was fun!
Pros
Consistent work week.
Cons
No benefit for temporary hire and low pay.
conflict of interest
na (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 3, 2018
too much conflict of interest of mngmnt hiring methods . they choose and pickthe new employee and or advancing having some type of relationship with them
Pros
just do your job
Cons
no advancement if your hard worker
Collaborative
Bruin Connector (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 29, 2018
The jobs I worked at UCLA were great in allowing me to balance my student and work life. It was very easy to customize my hours. It was a really fun work environment.
Fun place to work and meet interesting people
Yoga Instructor & Recreational Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Arrowhead, CANovember 28, 2018
I enjoyed working there. The management and other employees were very friendly and easy to be around and the clients were amazing, some of the nicest, most interesting people I've met anywhere.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Not enough hours
fun place!
Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Westwood, CANovember 28, 2018
Its a very chill job while also being fun. You get to create you own lessons which means you can get creative. Co-workers are also very nice. They are very felixible with hours so this job is amazing if your a college student and want extra cash.
Good opportunity to learn and gain experience in medical research.
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 23, 2018
This is a place with excellent work culture, management and pleasant environment. This is a good opportunity to learn and gain experience in medical research.
Best job ive ever had
UCLA Conference Center (Former Employee) –  Lake Arrowhead, CANovember 20, 2018
at ucla the pay was so amazing that i loved getting up everyday and going to work. serving our regular guest including eric morris made my week. i will miss that job very much.
Pros
the pay and benefits
Cons
co workers
UCLA sucks
Cook (Former Employee) –  Westwood, CANovember 18, 2018
I have learned that UCLA do not hold high the hardworking individual who uplifts spirits and encourage people to be better and manage them with cooperating with my hire management and made people around me smile and listen and applied solution to creat a better work environment. After my more than satisfactory review I was fired. And no one who would do the opposite was even held accountable. The job wanted me to bow down and kiss butt instead of me being judge according to my work ethic.
Ucla is best place to wok .
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Ucla ,west wood ,caNovember 18, 2018
It is honor to work at UCLA. May salary comparing with other hospital is less but has very good benefits. Very good atmosphere, teaching hospital you will learn new skill every day . Very good retirement program .legally assistant program .
Pros
Good insurrance and benefit for retirement.
Cons
Health care, retirement plan
Lovely Place to Work -- If you have the right department
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 15, 2018
Loved every minute of my time working at UCLA when I was working with good management and in a good department. As with all jobs, however, poor management will make any position and term of employment a horrible experience. UCLA does not lack for horrible managers, but it also is full of many people who are lovely, skilled, smart, and a pleasure to work with (although they may sometimes be over worked due to poor management).
Pros
Excellent benefits, good pay, opportunites for advancement if you change positions
Cons
Poor management in many areas
Great group in Extension Financial Services department
Admin Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 13, 2018
Community focused workplace with room for growth. During budget cut-backs more work was expected without hiring replacements which became burdensome.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of California Los Angeles. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

See reviews about

Women's ratings

4.3Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss