University of California Los Angeles Employee Reviews

Productive environment, friendly co workers
Customer Service / Collector (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CANovember 11, 2018
Triaging incoming Patients calls. I learned to be a team player and to have empathy for others. Team building and work as a team.

Management is Fair

Most enjoyable part of job, the Appreciation of helping a patient with questions and concerns
Pros
Good benefits and fair pay
Cons
Short break and lunches, parking fees
N.A
Painter (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90095November 11, 2018
I love that I’m encouraged to try new things out and be innovative… and if it doesn’t work out, I’m supported to learn lessons, dust myself off and try again

3. My boss acknowledges he is not the font of all knowledge; he values and respects my experience and the expertise I bring

4. There is always something to laugh about every single day…laughing is good for my soul and my psychological wellbeing

5. It’s ok for me not to know everything, but I learned so much so quickly

6. The office is the kind of place where it’s ok to have a baby join us for meetings and make everyone coo over him, lifting our spirits

7. I love the people I work with across the company. I work with some excellent, talented, funny, dedicated staff
Work-Driven Atmosphere With Determined Writers and Cultivators
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS PUBLICIST (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 10, 2018
Writing for UCLA Anderson School of Business and Management was an opportunity teeming with diversity, determination, and diligence. Being one of the youngest (and newest) additions to the Marketing-Communication (MARCOM) Division carried some initial doubt and insecurities. My colleagues were established within the realm of communications, many of which were previous writers and reporters for renowned companies and news sites. However, time and time again, my abilities to write, report, and interpret selected candidates were highlighted and acknowledged. This team is more of a family, truly; they look out for one another, and manifest an ambiance of genuine acceptance that rivals few to none.
Amazing place to work
Data Administrator (Former Employee) –  Westwood, CANovember 9, 2018
Challenging and exciting day to day. Work is exciting. Assisting students and their families is fun. Plenty of opportunities to work outside and assist with campus events.
Management is poor and not knowledgeable
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 8, 2018
Management is poor......they don't seem to have a "real" job other than to watch their staff work all day....benefits are good but pay is very low. Support staff does all the work. Be prepared to work very hard.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor management, low pay
Great mentorship program and educational environment
Trauma Registered Nurse - Emergency Room (Former Employee) –  Westwood, CAOctober 28, 2018
As a registered nurse at UCLA, I learned the complexities of caring for the critically ill, like no other medical facility. As a teaching hospital, there are always mentors nearby including medical students and resident physicians.
Overpaid babysitter
Laboratory Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 24, 2018
Did more running around for spoiled Grad Students and post-docs. The employer was extremely entitled and felt he was better than the rest of us. There were always problems that were not my responsibility, but people insisted that I take care of them.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Doing things not in the job description
A great work environment
Project Manager/Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 24, 2018
I was working as a contractor for UCLA for 6 month, then I got hired as an employee. I learned a lot in a short period of time. I am very thankful to have had this opportunity.
Not any
Computer Operations Supervisor, Senior (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 23, 2018
Worked nigiht shift and it was great.

I had a great crew.

staying on top of changes to the system.

Working nights shift gave you time to take care of the
home and schoool work.
Great and exciting research being done here at UCLA!
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 22, 2018
There will always be opportunities to do research that will benefit others and do good. The work and challenge will force you out of your comfort zone and improve yourself.

Want to know more about University of California Los Angeles?

Ask a question
Debt Management Counselor (Former Employee) –  Westwood, CAOctober 22, 2018
UCLA provides everything you need to do important work and provide services vital to the success and positive experience for students. I enjoyed my years at UCLA.
workplace culture
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 16, 2018
Very organized, patient care environment. Assisting all departments in all aspects of patient processing. Uploading and verifying patient insurances, references and athorizations. Getting patient cases approved for surgery.
Pros
experience
Great first job or career is if is available. There was loads of opportunity
Dining Server (Former Employee) –  Lake Arrowhead, CAOctober 16, 2018
A typical day at work was meeting the demands of guests in the dining room. Whether it was breakfast, lunch or dinner the goal was unrelenting hospitality. High level serving was expected and awarded.
Pros
Great associates and managing
Cons
No cons
This was a particularly rewarding opportunity to train post-graduate students
Instructor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 15, 2018
This position was a particularly rewarding opportunity to train post-graduate students in conflict resolution skills. These students, who had previously graduated from college or university with varying degrees and areas of interest, had careers associated with different aspects of environmental issues.
NO unity a place where friendship is how work is issued, managers are paper pushers
Plumber (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 11, 2018
Appears to have a very bad race problem, management does not care about staff, i above you attitude, wants you to recognize there positions, very shallow managers ,no understanding,
Pros
Union
Cons
see above
Volunteer
PATIENT ESCORT VOLENTEER (Former Employee) –  Westwood, CAOctober 11, 2018
I was a volunteer in the patient escort department. It was overall pleasant. Flexible hours. Regular employees were nice and accommodating. Enjoyed my time there.
Ucla
UCLA OUTPATIENT OR SUPPLY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAOctober 11, 2018
Seasonal job. Overall very pleasant work environment and coworkers. Enjoyed my time there and in the department I was in. Learned a lot and gained valuable knowledge.
Great place to work!
Membership Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 11, 2018
It is a perfect place to work for young alumni, or for returning alumni. This opportunity presented itself when I returned from the US Peace Corps and I was very grateful. The benefits are stellar and you are in a perfect University setting!
Pros
Great academic environment
Cons
Minimum promotional opportunities
Really nice place to work at a lot of wonderful people good benefits
Sr Custodian (Former Employee) –  West Los AngelesOctober 9, 2018
strongly recommend to anyone just seeking employment UCLA at the Fantastic place to work the people are wonderful management is great. Safety is very important and we have safety classes continuously Hands-On training counseling and lots of opportunities to advance
Pros
Would like to get paid a little bit more seeing how the cost of living has gone up
Cons
At times it can be a bit overwhelming when they're short on staff
Excellent place for research and education
Student (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 9, 2018
I am a graduate student at UCLA, and it is a transformational and blessing because students here are hard-working and intellectual. If you apply for college or beyond, this is a place you don't want to miss.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of California Los Angeles. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at University of California Los Angeles.

Powered by Comparably