University of Central Florida Employee Reviews

Nice Place To Work
Senior Clinical Analyst / CISO (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 10, 2018
Working with the original Director of this program was one of the best experiences of my life. The interim directors not so much. The current director and staff are top notch people who worked their way to their current positions. Great place to work.
Amazing family dynamic
PEER ADVISER (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 10, 2018
I loved working at transfer and transition services because it was such great environment to grow as a leader. All of the staff was supportive and provided many opportunities for advancement.
Nice quality job
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Experiential Learning & Career Services BuildingOctober 28, 2018
This position was an 8-month term employment. There was individual autonomy while also complying with the expectations of the unit. Colleagues were supportive and generally collegial.
Fun place to work
Adjunct Professor, Simulation (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 25, 2018
UCF Simulation Lab is fun and exciting. The lab is a safe place for students to make mistakes and learn from their experience. Students comment that they would like to have one simulation experience a week.

You can see students making connections with theory and practice situations.
Beware of what you are promised
Staff member (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 24, 2018
Current staff member at UCF Health. Increasingly poor management over the last 3-4 years has caused a major decrease in moral and high turnover rate. Their job postings are listed over and over again because it takes months to hire someone (HR moves slowly). The new hire is usually scared off by the low pay and high workload. Management is not truthful in the hiring process. New hired physicians are unhappy and makes for a stressful work environment. Coworkers might not come in the next day because they found a less stressful job, leaving you with the extra work.
Pros
Great healthcare benefits
Cons
Below average salary, stressful work environment
not as diverse and fair as it should be
Director for the World Scholar-Athlete Games (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 24, 2018
a very hostile and unfair working environment..too bg a school and people get lost in translation.
I feel there was a total disconnect from faculty to students to administrators. No one knew what the other was doing. A real postmodern mess if you ask me and horribly unfair to disenfranchised groups that I fell into.
very unfair hiring practices.
Coordinator of Administrative Services (Former Employee) –  ITROctober 23, 2018
Had several great years in Contracts/Procurement Div. Recently management and duties changed, and decided travel distance too much. Typical duties wereExtensive all phases of Customer Service, Inventory Control, Accounting, Contract Negotiation.
Competitive and fast paced
Graduate Coordinator for Residence Life (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 17, 2018
An environment that prides itself on diversity, inclusion and equity. A challenging workplace with competitive benefits and job mobility. No day is the same
Research Assistant at the Institution for Simulation and Training at UCF
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  3100 Technology Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32826October 16, 2018
It was a great learning experience working as a research assistant at the IST lab at UCF. I had coded and conducted lab studies where students would voluntarily, or as an assignment for class participate in a flight simulation to space and how the team worked together and what strategies worked and didn't, with correlation to the Industrial Organizational practices of psychology.
Productive work environment with networking opportunities
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 10, 2018
My typical day at work consist of helping students and guess employers of sponsored companies. Preforming administrative duties as need, as well as helping with career fairs. Management was decent, there was areas that could be worked on. The hardest part of the job was dealing with issues from other departments in the school that did not pertain us and rude individuals that would call or come in. The most enjoyable part of working on campus were connecting with employers and learning more ways to be professional and how to prepare for your career.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks and no benefits (work study)
My Office was Simple
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 2, 2018
I was a student office assistant and my role was simple and I was not expected to put in excessive hours or work until my hands fell off. I could work up to 40 hours every two weeks, how I split those hours up was up to me. If I didn't want to go in to work, then I didn't have to. I didn't have a very stressful job and my coworkers were awesome.
Excellent
Building Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 2, 2018
Working for the UCF RWC has been an extremely fulfilling experience allowing me to develop as a leader and a team member in a variety of situations i do not believe I would be able to experience any where else.
Employees many in the community
Education Manager (Clerkship Coordinator) (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 27, 2018
UCF employees are apart of the State of Florida Employee Retirement and benefits program which offer many options regarding healthcare and retirement savings. Career growth is available but hard to obtain
A lot of learning and development
INTERN / PRACTICUM STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 19, 2018
This job was a practicum internship where I led 2-3 group exercise workouts, worked at the front desk of the faculty gym and assisted in the Human Performance Lab in Exercise Science studies. Overall I learned a lot and received 9 credit hours for the internship
Pros
Learning envirnment
Cons
Hours
Great workplace with friendly faculty and great benefits for part-time
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 17, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was the rewarding feeling of helping students and seeing them progress throughout the year. A typical work day usually consisted of grading, doing research, meeting with students, or attending lectures with the professors I was assigned to work under.
University of Central Florida
Online Enrollment Coach/Success Coach Trainer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 17, 2018
A great place to work!!! Leadership is dedicated to your success. The university is diverse and welcomes change and growth. UCF is the place to be for work/life balance.
Great place
Ph.D. Candidate/Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 7, 2018
I love UCF! I have been here for 10 years now. One of the greatest universities in the world. This is where I will die because I love this place so much.
Great working environment
Postdoctoral Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 5, 2018
Even working as a postdoc, the environment is good for future career. The people are smart and willing to build the strong relation to each other. The living expense is affordable as a postdoc.
Great Opportunity
Event Planning Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 23, 2018
Working for the UCFCC was a great opportunity for me to learn and polish the skills that I acquired with my communication degree. Everyone there is treated like family and it is a great environment to work in.
Great first job
Textbook department (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 23, 2018
Very fun place to work however not enough hours given and sarlary is very low. However, it is a very good first job and they train there staff very well
Pros
Great first job train very well
Cons
Have to fight for hours very low pay