University of Central Florida Employee Reviews

A lot of learning and development
INTERN / PRACTICUM STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 19, 2018
This job was a practicum internship where I led 2-3 group exercise workouts, worked at the front desk of the faculty gym and assisted in the Human Performance Lab in Exercise Science studies. Overall I learned a lot and received 9 credit hours for the internship
Pros
Learning envirnment
Cons
Hours
University of Central Florida
Online Enrollment Coach/Success Coach Trainer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 17, 2018
A great place to work!!! Leadership is dedicated to your success. The university is diverse and welcomes change and growth. UCF is the place to be for work/life balance.
Great place
Ph.D. Candidate/Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 7, 2018
I love UCF! I have been here for 10 years now. One of the greatest universities in the world. This is where I will die because I love this place so much.
Great working environment
Postdoctoral Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 5, 2018
Even working as a postdoc, the environment is good for future career. The people are smart and willing to build the strong relation to each other. The living expense is affordable as a postdoc.
Great Opportunity
Event Planning Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 23, 2018
Working for the UCFCC was a great opportunity for me to learn and polish the skills that I acquired with my communication degree. Everyone there is treated like family and it is a great environment to work in.
Great first job
Textbook department (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 23, 2018
Very fun place to work however not enough hours given and sarlary is very low. However, it is a very good first job and they train there staff very well
Pros
Great first job train very well
Cons
Have to fight for hours very low pay
Rewarding
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 22, 2018
Words cannot describe how appreciative I have been with my experience at University of Central Florida Marketing department. I contributed as well as gained cutting edge knowledge and skills from the team and management. Thumbs-up to UCF
Pros
Lots of opportunities to learn and grow--
Cons
Laid back
Something new happens everyday
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 16, 2018
A typical work day keeps you on your toes.. We provide customer service to all faculty and students. During the Fall and Spring semesters the office gets extremely busy.

I've learned to take advantage over every training opportunity that comes your way.

Management has been fair and always willing to work with employees.

Workplace culture is diverse and everyone has the same goal of making our department the best it can be.

Hardest part of the job would be trying to get everything on your to do list accomplished in a single day.

Most enjoyable I would say is being able to help and interact with the students.
Pros
flexibility, schedule
Cons
pay
It a University
Lead designer of a heat exchanger (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 10, 2018
This experience was part of my school work. It was a vey good and had a lot of resources for my tasks. I would recommend this to anyone who is considering it.
Productive environment for students and faculty
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 31, 2018
UCF was an amazing institution to work for and I was excited to begin my teaching career at such a prestigious university. I would love to be a apart of the communication college again. Wonderful faculty and students were engaged in class. It was truly an honor to work for UCF
Great place to grow
Graduate Assistant (TIDES) (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2018
Working with an organization such as this allowed me to grow professionally and personally. Being around like-minded people who have the same drive, while pursuing a career that they are passionate about is the part I enjoy the most.
Pros
Being around Diverse People
Cons
taking time away from seeing my daughter
fun workplace
Medical Unit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32816July 17, 2018
A pleasure working at UCF. Working with college students I found rewarding . The weather in Florida mostly fabulous , the work enviroment was very positive.
Pros
great weather
Cons
short breaks, low pay
Amazing job
Risk Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 11, 2018
A great job. Interning was a great decision I enjoyed working with my fellow employees and while attending the university they were flexible with my class schedule
exciting place to work
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 3, 2018
Students are central to UCF's success. Great attention to programming is given to provide students a lot of options. It's a growing school and a good place to work.
Great workplace
Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 2, 2018
UCF is a great place to work just the salaries can be higher. UCF does not pay the same for most positions as other universities. Nonetheless, great relaxed work environment.
Pros
Relaxed workplace
Cons
Low salaries
Great place to work and and working with different people.
Custodial Worker and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 23, 2018
I really enjoyed working with office management, students,teachers and planning for the week.I learned about working with people from different cultures.The work place was like being with your family.The hardest part was communication with different culture we did a lot of hand signals.
Extremely fun workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 23, 2018
Excellent internship and established strong connections with co-workers and gym members as well. Extremely fun and friendly environment. Days are very relaxed.
Pros
Plenty of time for lunch
Cons
Hours can be long if day is slow
Impersonal / Cut-throat environment
Administrative Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 23, 2018
Constantly reminded of how easily our positions could be replaced. Budgetary decisions often made no sense for the employees. Higher as few people as possible to complete as many tasks as possible, resulting in overworking employees.
its business model outdated.
Director, Advanced Energy Research Division (Current Employee) –  Cocoa, FLJune 20, 2018
It is located in a wrong state. Doing research that does not receive state support. Federal support iffy at best and unreliable. No resources to attract and retain capable staff. Poor administration.
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
many
History Department and Graduate Studies
Graduate Assistant, College of Graduate Studies (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 18, 2018
Excellent environment and culture. Those I worked with were extremely helpful and kind. Both the history department and the Graduate Studies office provide a beneficial culture from which to learn skills while undertaking rigorous coursework.