University of Central Florida Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
exciting place to work
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 3, 2018
Students are central to UCF's success. Great attention to programming is given to provide students a lot of options. It's a growing school and a good place to work.
Great place to work and and working with different people.
Custodial Worker and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 23, 2018
I really enjoyed working with office management, students,teachers and planning for the week.I learned about working with people from different cultures.The work place was like being with your family.The hardest part was communication with different culture we did a lot of hand signals.
Impersonal / Cut-throat environment
Administrative Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 23, 2018
Constantly reminded of how easily our positions could be replaced. Budgetary decisions often made no sense for the employees. Higher as few people as possible to complete as many tasks as possible, resulting in overworking employees.
History Department and Graduate Studies
Graduate Assistant, College of Graduate Studies (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 18, 2018
Excellent environment and culture. Those I worked with were extremely helpful and kind. Both the history department and the Graduate Studies office provide a beneficial culture from which to learn skills while undertaking rigorous coursework.
Productive team of faculty to collaborate
Graduate Teaching Assistant & Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 16, 2018
I spend my PhD years at UCF and was very pleased with my experience. The faculty team at Early Childhood Development and Education program warmly supported my work and life in the past three years.
Productive and fun place to work.
UCF OFFICE OF STUDENT FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE (Former Employee) –  UCF Millican HallJune 15, 2018
I would do a short shift every day. I learned a lot about financial aid. The management was good. The culture was okay. The hardest part of the job was remembering everything about financial aid. The best part of the job was leaving early.
Pros
Got to leave early.
Cons
Hours were to short and hourly pay was horrible.
Fun job to perform as a student.
Learning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 11, 2018
Spent the majority of the time assisting the professor in the classroom. Graded papers and provided weekly tutoring sessions for any students taking a physics course with the department.
Adjuncts carry the workload
Lecturer (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 10, 2018
Extreme emphasis on internationalization sometimes at the expense of excellence. Department heads and full-time faculty get regular raises and bonuses (while tuition costs keep going up), but adjuncts carry the workload with no chance for a raise or advancement.
Pros
If your position includes state health insurance at nominal cost
Cons
Best experience for a young professional!
Student Assistant/Coordinator/Director (Former Employee) –  SDESJune 10, 2018
UCF is amazing place to work and attend school. I had the best college and entry level position. The staff are supportive, collaborative and family..
Pros
Resources
Cons
Outside of main city
Volunteer
Practicum II Counselor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 9, 2018
The volunteer experience I had with UCF provided great advancement in my future career. Staff was supportive and allowed for continued advancement within the setting.
typical work day
Undergraduate Academic Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 4, 2018
I love a productive day that is filled with projects and things to accomplish by the end of the day.

I have learned that time management is key to being successful.

Being on the same page as your manager is great for getting things accomplished and avoiding rework.

The workplace culture aids in the fulfillment of job satisfaction and appreciation.

The hardest part of the job is not feeling appreciated for the countless hours spent making sure the job was done efficiently.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the joyful experience received by the customers or clients.
Pros
Managment Open Door Policy
Cons
Pay
Somewhat monotonous
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 1, 2018
It's a great place to work, but there is not much of a difference from the day to day. My particular job as an research assistant in an art related job taught me a lot about portfolio review and commissions. I really enjoyed my manager, and the school is pretty great to work for.
Plenty of opportunity
Coordinator, Budget (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 30, 2018
At UCF there is the opportunity to continue education, to move around within the university, and to learn a lot along the way. There is definite divisions and each is highly different in functionality and leadership styles.
Cons
monthly deadlines and ever changing management requirements
Great school, great job
Social Media Intern (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 27, 2018
I was given so much room to try out new things and learn from those around me in the office, it truly made me feel like part of a family. If you like to grow from those around you this is a great place to work.
Recommend This School and Program
Graphic Design and Digital Media (Former Employee) –  Oviedo, FLMay 25, 2018
Thanks University of Central Florida. I am a proud graduate. Fortunate to tone my graphic design and digital media skills. Was part of a super collaborative team.
Great benefits. Pay is average.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 23, 2018
This is a huge university but the work processes are antiquated. Doesn't seem as if money is put toward updating computers. Extremely crowded due to student population. Best to work away from main campus.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Management training is needed
Decent place to work
MAINTENANCE PLANNER & SCHEDULER (Current Employee) –  floridaMay 14, 2018
UCF is a decent place to work. As with all other jobs/careers there are growing pains with in any respectable departments. sometimes there are to many chiefs and not enough workers.
Ta
Spring, Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 12, 2018
I learned a lot about the workings of UCF as a TA. I work with 127 students and had daily communication with said students. The class I was a TA for was online and took strong communication between the student's and class TA's and teacher to explain and support class work. Rubrics where supplied to complete grading and said grades feedback.
Easy Going
Intern (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 9, 2018
Overall UCF has been a nice place to work. There is much room for autonomy and the atmosphere is easy going. UCF is a large employer with about 12,000 employees and there are many different divisions of the campus. UCF does go out of their way to make interns feel appreciated, especially around finals/ midterms.
Hierarchy in the system was sometimes troublesome
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 8, 2018
Networking key. Patient and student interaction a highlight for me. Did not like political aspects of job. Supervised, critiqued and graded. Taught students how to document properly,
Pros
work schedule
Cons
stress