University of Central Florida Employee Reviews

Productive work environment with networking opportunities
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 10, 2018
My typical day at work consist of helping students and guess employers of sponsored companies. Preforming administrative duties as need, as well as helping with career fairs. Management was decent, there was areas that could be worked on. The hardest part of the job was dealing with issues from other departments in the school that did not pertain us and rude individuals that would call or come in. The most enjoyable part of working on campus were connecting with employers and learning more ways to be professional and how to prepare for your career.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks and no benefits (work study)
Competitive and fast paced
Graduate Coordinator for Residence Life (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 17, 2018
An environment that prides itself on diversity, inclusion and equity. A challenging workplace with competitive benefits and job mobility. No day is the same
Employees many in the community
Education Manager (Clerkship Coordinator) (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 27, 2018
UCF employees are apart of the State of Florida Employee Retirement and benefits program which offer many options regarding healthcare and retirement savings. Career growth is available but hard to obtain
Beware of what you are promised
Staff member (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 24, 2018
Current staff member at UCF Health. Increasingly poor management over the last 3-4 years has caused a major decrease in moral and high turnover rate. Their job postings are listed over and over again because it takes months to hire someone (HR moves slowly). The new hire is usually scared off by the low pay and high workload. Management is not truthful in the hiring process. New hired physicians are unhappy and makes for a stressful work environment. Coworkers might not come in the next day because they found a less stressful job, leaving you with the extra work.
Pros
Great healthcare benefits
Cons
Below average salary, stressful work environment
Adjuncts carry the workload
Lecturer (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 10, 2018
Extreme emphasis on internationalization sometimes at the expense of excellence. Department heads and full-time faculty get regular raises and bonuses (while tuition costs keep going up), but adjuncts carry the workload with no chance for a raise or advancement.
Pros
If your position includes state health insurance at nominal cost
Something new happens everyday
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 16, 2018
A typical work day keeps you on your toes.. We provide customer service to all faculty and students. During the Fall and Spring semesters the office gets extremely busy.

I've learned to take advantage over every training opportunity that comes your way.

Management has been fair and always willing to work with employees.

Workplace culture is diverse and everyone has the same goal of making our department the best it can be.

Hardest part of the job would be trying to get everything on your to do list accomplished in a single day.

Most enjoyable I would say is being able to help and interact with the students.
Pros
flexibility, schedule
Cons
pay
Laid Back work environment
Athletic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 21, 2019
Routine schedule that can be disengaging at times. Overall, would recommend to a friend. Room for career growth within the organization. Go Knights Charge On
Great Work Place
Ofice Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 9, 2019
Great place to work, learn new things and meet new people. Management is easy to talk to in regards to any concerns you may have. Co-Workers are very friendly. Nice place to work.
Fun, diverse workplace
Senior Library Technician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 9, 2019
Working at UCF is very rewarding. You can see the impact you make in your job and you have the opportunity to work with amazing people. The benefits for working here are great.
Amazing family dynamic
PEER ADVISER (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 10, 2018
I loved working at transfer and transition services because it was such great environment to grow as a leader. All of the staff was supportive and provided many opportunities for advancement.
Clinical Faculty
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 8, 2018
Worked as clinical faculty- volunteer status. Little to no support from the school of medicine, expectations without compensation, overall arrogant about expectation for no pay.
good company
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 24, 2019
I worked in math tutoring center when I was a student. It is ok flexible schedule, but low monetary compensation. It was ok for the time being. Not a bad environment
Excellent university for which to work that highlights student accomplishment.
Courtesy Appointment, Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 18, 2018
This is a large university with 60,000+ students. It offers professors many opportunities for special travel opportunities, research funding and advancement.

My progressive department (Anthropology) grew significantly during my 15 years there. We separated from Sociology to become a separate department and added Master's and PhD degree programs during my tenure there.
Great school and excellent support
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 25, 2018
Staff is interested in your success at the university. I have just received the role of undergraduate teaching assistant. I plan to gain knowledge needed for future career.
Pros
Resume builder
Cons
Non-paid
Undergraduate Research in a Genomics Labs
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 25, 2018
A great opportunity for somebody like myself, a student at UCF with an interest in doing research in the biological sciences. Was unpaid, but that's the way entry-level research assistant work typically is.
Pros
Great for Starting My Career
Research Intern
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  University of Central FloridaDecember 3, 2018
Hardest part of the job are the long hours. Great step into field, the pay was basic but it was an entry level research job. The overall community at UCF is great. Parking is a nightmare.
Cons
Parking
So nice
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 19, 2018
Working at UCF is so nice, it is biggest university in the state and every competitive environment for the student, faculty members and also researchers.
UCF will be so important in the academic achievements in the state.
Great place to work and and working with different people.
Custodial Worker and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 23, 2018
I really enjoyed working with office management, students,teachers and planning for the week.I learned about working with people from different cultures.The work place was like being with your family.The hardest part was communication with different culture we did a lot of hand signals.
University of Central Florida
Online Enrollment Coach/Success Coach Trainer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 17, 2018
A great place to work!!! Leadership is dedicated to your success. The university is diverse and welcomes change and growth. UCF is the place to be for work/life balance.
Productive and fun place to work.
UCF OFFICE OF STUDENT FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE (Former Employee) –  UCF Millican HallJune 15, 2018
I would do a short shift every day. I learned a lot about financial aid. The management was good. The culture was okay. The hardest part of the job was remembering everything about financial aid. The best part of the job was leaving early.
Pros
Got to leave early.
Cons
Hours were to short and hourly pay was horrible.