University of Central Florida Employee Reviews

Salary
Senior groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Orlando FloridaMarch 31, 2018
I have been in the industry for 20 plus years is very interesting at this University is well below the average pay for a senior person forcentral Florida area with my experience they gave me 20% more and that wasn't even on the average salary for a physician in this area it was only for 35000 a year they go on all the benefits that they give you but that doesn't make a difference you can't live on that with a family. You want to get paid for what your experience is worth don't waste your time at University Central Florida
Cons
HR don't know what they're doing
Awesome workplace
Recreation and Wellness Staff (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 30, 2018
One of the best college jobs you could have. A great way of meeting people and learning to work as a team. The job can have early mornings and late nights, it is totally worth it.

Go Knights
Change of Guard
Adjunct Faculty/English Professor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 28, 2018
When I worked there, they just changed department heads. The new management was over-reaching and ineffective. The entire atmosphere changed, people quit, and faculty became suspicious of one another.
Pros
Nice Campus
Cons
Bad Management
Great Experience
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 27, 2018
Nothing but great things to say about this job. Amazing culture and flexible hours. There is also room to grow with this company if you put in your time.
Worked while in school
Student Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 25, 2018
They were great at accommodating my school schedule. I learned a lot that also went with my degree gaining invaluable experience for life after graduation.
N/a
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 20, 2018
Good flexible hours
good pay
not much stressful
challenging job
can improve your skills
working from home or office whichever is convenient
great work-life balance
It was great
Web Order Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 20, 2018
• My job required me to locate materials that customers had placed online orders for in order for them to be available for pickup in store. It also required me to contact customers to verify information if anything concerning their order changed.
Teacher Assistant and Tutor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 17, 2018
ELI is a good place to work and to learn. My co-workers are helpful, and have taught me a lot.
I've teaching two classes since last year: Grammar 1 and Reading 2. At the beginning, I was very insecure but my boss and the other teachers helped me a lot.
Pros
Excellent enviroment
Cons
A little bit disorganized
Very collaborative atmosphere among drawing faculty
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 13, 2018
My work teaching at University of Central Florida has been the perfect complement to my work as a sculptor and draftsman. What I regret is that my contract must be renewed each semester and is subject to student enrollment. Low enrollment can lead to cancelled contracts.
Pros
Being part of one of the most celebrated Drawing programs in the country
Cons
the School of Visual Arts and Design lacks direction
Depends on your Supervisor
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 13, 2018
UCF is generally a great place to work. The major determining factor is your supervisor and the overall management structure of your department. if you have an incompetent supervisor and an ineffective management structure, your job may become unbearable.
Productive and Competitive
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  OrlandoMarch 8, 2018
Students here are very diligent and hardworking people. This makes I love it here very much since we can make great progress together. In the past three years, I not only learned a lot of techniques and skills, I also made many good friends.
Poor Management
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 5, 2018
The lack of oversight by graduate studies leads to faculty that take advantage of their grad students. Some professors demand excessive working hours, while depriving students of fair compensation.
Great employee/employer relationship
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 5, 2018
UCF is a great company to work for. The benefits are great and the staff are very welcoming and willing to teach you what you need to know to succeed.
Collaborate atmosphere
Coordinator for Clinical Experiences (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 26, 2018
It was a pleasure to work at UCF. A typical work day consisted of instructing education students or supervising students over Skype. Collaboration was encouraged and supported among all employees.
Pros
collaborative environment
Cons
long commute
UCF Employment
UCF IT (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 26, 2018
Unfortunately, as government spending has been reduced, the original benefits of working for the university are reduced. Employees are not given the backing they need, both financially and manpower. Hiring is fairly stagnant while the work load continues to increase. A two-year classification and compensation review has made it very difficult for individuals to receive the pay increases they are owed. The only way someone gets a raise or a promotion is if they come in with a counter offer. Morale is lower than I've ever seen it.
Great Place to Work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 25, 2018
Fantastic opportunity for students to earn some extra money while studying. Compensation is good considering the huge expense of tuition. Very flexible working hours.
Great learning
Internship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 20, 2018
Great learning experience- gets you ready for where you need to be when you actually get a job. Puts you in the perfect learning experience and environments.
Awesome Campus
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 19, 2018
The University of Central Florida is one of the fastest growing universities in the Southeast. Likewise, there are a range of experiences one can acquire through working here!
A Complete Absence of Management
Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 13, 2018
Managers are totally lost in how to manage people, inept in providing needed training, petty in their assessments of those they manage and can't keep their mouths shut about personnel matters. Inter-department communication and teamwork among peer teams is totally discouraged. The result is that the place is rampant with rumor, and then they wonder why. Just incredible! The Principal Investigators are brilliant, but many are arrogant snobs and misogynists who jokingly refer to the contract administration office from the Vice President down as the "Hen House". It's disgusting and an awful atmosphere to be in. It is not worth your effort or time. It would be more rewarding working at McDonald's or Dunkin Donuts and the pay is about the same.
Pros
Co-workers who suffer the same are compassionate and great.
Wonderful learning experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 7, 2018
I assisted a grad student with her project collecting and analyzing soil samples. The work was hard but it was helped by a friendly and easy going staff.