University of Central Missouri Culture reviews

Great place to work while going to school
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOJanuary 8, 2018
Great place to work but just needed more money and hours. Loved how I could help people With what they needed while getting my homework done. Would recommend this to anyone.
Professor of Sociology (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MONovember 27, 2017
The work environment is great. Colleagues are congenial, students are hard-working and the administration is supportive. The benefits are competitive and it is a good place to raise a family.
Great way to learn office work
International Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOOctober 24, 2017
Working in the international office is a great way to learn from others, other cultures, and deal with students from different parts of the world. it is an eye opening experience!
Good people to work with"
Relief Custodian (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOAugust 21, 2017
No day was typical for me everyday was different. Learned not as appreciated as much for work done. Managment had its ups and downs. Hardest part of job was covering more than 2 runs a day. Most enjoyable was people worked with.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
N/a
Productive and fun place to work.
Collections Accountant (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOJuly 19, 2017
Very rewarding financially and personally. Enjoyed the job I did and the people I worked with. It is located in a small community. The benefits at UCM are awesome. The most enjoyable part of job is working with the students. The hardest part of the job is high volume of customers to serve by a deadline. Work place culture is great. There is never a typical day at work. There is always something new happening to learn.
Pros
Health Insurance, life insurance, paid vacation and paid sick leave, retirement
Cons
Short staffed. Periods of high volume of work.
Professional yet relaxed atmosphere
Student Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOJune 22, 2017
The culture is definitely appealing. You have a fair amount of freedom here. Pay is the biggest drawback, but you do receive amazing benefits. There seems to be a disconnect between administration and staff though.
great experience
Mathematics Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOJune 3, 2017
I was an on campus part time student.
it was a good environment, with all friendly people around me.
I improved my math and how to interact with other people.
the hardest part was to leave the job because I was so connected to the people as they were helpful and very friendly.
Excellent place of work.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  DormitoryApril 24, 2017
Great job! Managers were very friendly & helpful. Coworkers always had each other's back. Flexible scheduling. Recommends job to anyway at the college.
Great atmosphere, and works around schedules.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MODecember 20, 2016
Typical work days are normal. I have learned a lot about over the phone customer service, and how to work with others. Management is alright, and my coworkers are great. The hardest part about my job is finding things to stay busy when we get our work done so fast, but the most enjoyable part is being able to work with such good people, and have a great supervisor.
Very productive and fun.
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOOctober 26, 2016
Very productive and fun. you get to interact with different people from different cultures. I have learned to not be afraid or shy to ask questions. Everyone was friendly including the supervisors.
On campus job.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOOctober 16, 2016
Interaction with different cultures.
continuous learning by mentoring undergrads.
could experience student life and professional life at the same time .
learnt more about time management.
Productive and Competitive workplace. (R.ed Call)
Phone Operator/Caller (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MO 64093August 3, 2016
We called alumni of the college in hopes of updating their information and getting them to send gifts ($) to the University. Everyone was very friendly and competitive during the work day, and we would sometimes all go out to eat after work. At the end of each day, we went over who was the top caller for that night, who recieved the most in gifts that night, and we gave out prizes to the top callers for the night. The hardest part of the job would have to be when I got very angry people on the phone, and they would be very difficult to make happy or to calm down.
Pros
Rewarded for doing well.
Cons
Very small room crammed shoulder-to-shoulder.
Educational environment
Landscape II (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOJuly 11, 2016
Not the place to be for advancement in a career. Little to no incentive to improve job performance. Manager(s) have no training in managing personnel. Many people are promoted to their highest level of incompetence.
Most of our co-workers are honest, hard working, friendly people and try hard to make this employment work for them.
Secure job
Supervisor of Garage, retired (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MO 64093April 14, 2016
My experience provided many opportunities for job advancement. Wages and benefits were competitive and provided well for my family.
A fairly typical university, lots of growth
Manager (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MONovember 22, 2015
UCM is a good Division2 state university with a fantastic strategic leadership team. The most enjoyable part of my job has been interacting with students while being able to be in a position I love.
Great place to meet new people
Temporary Systems Process Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MONovember 20, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics.
Pros
Meeting people from all walks of life
Cons
Having to say goodbye at the end of the school year
Leaves more to be desired.
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOMay 27, 2015
Students were not hard working enough. the culture was not that promoted hard work. this can be very frustrating stif as a lecturer you are serious about your work.
Grad Student at UCM
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOFebruary 26, 2015
I have enjoyed working at UCM for several years in many roles. There are many staff that are future thinking and want to support new ideas; the overall direction of UCM is going in a positive way.
Fun environment and great co-workers!
Facilities, Planning, and Operations (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOSeptember 23, 2014
I would answer phones and talk to students or teachers about any maintenance issues occurring in their building. It was very easy and I worked with a great group of people. The most enjoyable part of this job was the people I worked with. They were always willing to help me if I had any issues.
Great Learning experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOApril 18, 2014
I had a great time working for this company. I met lots of cultured people. I went through many of training programs thanks to the employer. The best part about the job was getting to meet and be active in the community.