University of Central Oklahoma Employee Reviews

4.5
Ratings breakdown
I was a teaching assistant
Teaching Assistant of Political Science (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKMay 22, 2018
This is a temporary job so that indicates that I did not have any benefits. I learned much how to become a professor at another institution, but had to work at another location to pay for my education.
Friendly Employer
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKMay 15, 2018
Working at UCO was a great choice. I was able to experience the inner workings of the university while also being rewarded with the knowledge that I was helping fellow students via back-end work.
Easy workplace
Admin Coord Accts Receivable Assistant (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKMay 14, 2018
Lots of older people that do not want to work. They want to put their job on somebody's shoulders. I have to work for seven people with 8 dollars per hour.
Pros
too much work
Cons
short breaks
typically relaxed
Stage Hand (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKMay 9, 2018
If you follow the rules and stay out of trouble, its a great job. Super easy and no stress. I was able to do my homework while working. That was a great benefit to the job, paid to do HW.
Relaxed and fun on campus
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKMay 4, 2018
Working on campus was one of the jobs I needed because of weird class hours. This job was perfect because they worked around my class schedule and never required me to work weekends.
Pros
No Weekend shifts
Great Place to Work
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKApril 29, 2018
UCO has great faculty, staff, and administration. Everyone truly cares about the students and their best interests. Diversity is woven into all aspects of Student Affairs.
UCO Clerk
Student Support Services, Student Clerk (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKApril 27, 2018
.I really enjoyed the environment and friendly co-workers. Catching on to how things worked was easy and allowed me to sharpen my skills while learning new ones.
UCO is a great place to work after college!
Coordinator of Internships (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKApril 26, 2018
UCO can be a great place to get experience working with a lot of different people and events. It's a great university and deserves all the accolades it receives it gets. It's far more diverse than most universities and that's due to the hard work of many, many, hard working individuals. The University president is an intelligent, respectable man, and I'm very proud to have worked there, and to be an alum.
Pros
There's always something going on. It's also a green campus!
Cons
I had to facilitate arguments between faculty in charge of majors.
Love uco
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKApril 25, 2018
UCO is a great place to work. The environment is wonderful, students are great. The staff is amazing. I love working at The University of Central Oklahoma.
Review Summary
Executive Assistant to the CIO (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKApril 13, 2018
UCO is a great place to work. However, I am stuck in a position where I cannot advance due to my degree. Hours are normal 8 to 5 each day. Parking is a challenge. The President of the University is wonderful.
Pros
Spring Break and Winter Break
Cons
Immediate supervisor
productive communication skill
Computer Lab Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKMarch 14, 2018
It helped me about communication skills.I learned how to manage effectively computers in the computer lab during lab hours. It was good experience to develop social skills.
freelance
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKMarch 1, 2018
Executed background search of key characters utilizing resources from the Oklahoma Historical Society, National Archives, Federal Bureau of Investigation, nationwide hospitals, and courts.
Shared input on cinematography with producer during editing stages.
Created a market research survey to determine audience demographics and film ratings.
Great learning environment with many chances to gain hands-on experience
Football Strength and Conditioning Intern (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKFebruary 13, 2018
My internship with UCO has afforded me the ability to experience a learn, and also have many practical coaching expreiences. The coaching staff is excellent and they are very helpful with plenty of guidance.
Typical Day
Call Center- One Stop Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKFebruary 13, 2018
Working at the One-Stop center had its ups and downs, but we helped a lot of students and parents out with any school-related issues. Whether it was from Financial Aid to Enrollment we were the one stop to all your problems.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKJanuary 30, 2018
Working for the University was a great way to make several contacts for future needs. The benefits were amazing and very hard to meet. Having the chance of a discount for continuing education helped as well.
Research opportunity
Biomedical Engineering Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKJanuary 30, 2018
It is a good place to work for. There are a lot of research and learning opportunities. Mentors and very friendly to work with. Scholarships are available for the students involved in research.
Cashier
Student Parking Officer (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKJanuary 22, 2018
Loved working here, they were great! Enjoyed being able to be part of a team that cared about their employees. Great environment and love working with them!
Great opportunity for students
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKJanuary 18, 2018
Allows students to get paid for research and assisting professors with research projects. Requires self-management, constant recording of daily activities, organization, and attention to detail.
Great people, poor pay
Executive Assistant to Department Chair (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKJanuary 8, 2018
The University is a fabulous place to start out your career. It is vibrant, fun, full of amazing and highly intelligent individuals and lots of opportunity of educational growth. The major downfall is that salary is controlled by the regents and raises are few and far between. As a college graduate with two degrees and over 10 years experience, I was earning a measly $10.00 per hour. I cannot say enough about the staff, but the wages and benefits are mediocre for the amount of work and dedication needed to be highly efficient.
Pros
Beautiful campus, good hours, diversity
Cons
Short breaks, poor wages
Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKDecember 30, 2017
I was able to gain a large amount of experience working with children in this setting. Completed a large amount of tasks related to counseling field. Completed internship.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Central Oklahoma. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss