University of Chicago Medicine Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
i really enjoyed working for this company by far the best hands down fhast friedly pased enviroment once again i really enjoyed working for the compa
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 17, 2018
i really enjoyed working for this company by far the best hands down fast friendly paced enviroment once again i really enjoyed working for the company.......
Just started, but so far so good.
Critical Care Outreach Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 17, 2018
I just started working at this get medical center. The orientation was great. I learned a lot. They have a lot of resources for their nurses. I personally love my new position. It was a great fit for me. I am excited to continue my journey there for many years to come.
I love working at the university of chicago
Radiology Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 14, 2018
I love working at the university of Chicago. Great environment . I love the staff that I WORK WITH AS WELL. I appreciate the diversity and competitive atmosphere . .I love that I'm able to interact with the patients in a more personable way .
Productive and a great place to learn
Clinical "Student Internship" (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2018
Great place to do your clinical's at. Everyone who works there is very knowledgeable and helps you learn the proper way. Everyone looks out for each other there.
Pros
Friendly/ knowledgeable
Cons
Long shifts
Patient advocate
Revenue Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2018
Assist patients with billing, insurance and referral inquires. I work closely with physician, nurse and front desk staff to ensure a great medical experience for the patient.
Boring
Referral Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2018
Not much room to grow here. I would really enjoy if we had the ability to work from home and possibly more growing opportunity. Been here for 2 years and really no more working my way up >
To many Databases and Data warehouse env
Database and Data Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2018
There are to many different types of database environments to support. Operational support is very stressful. The executive staff at the University of Chicago is non people oriented.
Pros
diversity in databases types
Cons
difficult to provide secondary support
good doctors
Housekeeping Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 5, 2018
a typical work day for me is, making sure all restrooms are cleaned and stocked, answering my pager in a timely matter, while maintaining a safe and clean environment for the incoming patients.
Pros
uniforms were supplied by company
Cons
coworkers are not held accountable for their actions.
the work environment was ok
Workers' Compensation (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 2, 2018
I do not recall the work environment being toxic. Lots of teamwork, and activities for employees and family members. Some colleagues are still employed there
hard work stressful and fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 28, 2018
I worked in the E.D. of the hospital and as a overall it is great place to work, very fast paced. the team of nurses and doctors are great people and they love there jobs and helping people. my co-worker area pleasure to work with. The overall job is simple yet labor driven can be stressful at times.
Pros
people and helping others and money
Cons
stressful, and hard work
Excellent Hospital
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 28, 2018
Hospital focused on providing excellent care. Leadership should focus from a culture of blame to a strong culture of transparency. Leadership should also be more aware of and respond to what is happening culturally across the organization.
Good place to work for awhile
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 27, 2018
You'll learn a lot; however the institution is faculty and research-driven. Administrative positions aren't respected at the same level. The popularity and legacy of this institution turns heads and provides a sense of pride. The perks aren't that great unless you are faculty. Management seems incapable of fighting for administrative employees if you are not in the union. The lack of professional communication to staff who are reaching financial ceilings in their position is disheartening. You will go through the evaluation process with flying colors only to be told that you've reached your salary cap and there's no more that can be done for you. It would be nice to have HR be concerned enough about keeping good employees to say "you should pursue additional courses to keep you professionally relevant and financially gainful." As a gift for 10 years of service, I received Bluetooth earbuds. Wow! It's a thriving culture for clinical and research staff, though.
Pros
Working at the same place where I have my healthcare
Cons
Lack of professionalism and concern for administrative staff
UCMC Loves their volunteers
Emergency Room Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2018
Joining a volunteer program was extremely important to me and I am grateful to have been given this opportunity. I am a part of the Adult ED team and I have loved every second of it.
Autonomy
DATA ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2018
Reviewing and compiling monthly data of nursing units and overall hospital performance in order to present it in a concise laymen's terms to nurses and VPs gave me great satisfaction. However, i had learned over the years to empower others. With that being said, i successfully endeavored to teach the head nurses and the VPs how to access, download and interpret their own set of patient performance data. Each person gladly received the instruction and owned it as theirs. Unfortunately, I could not assist the nurses with improving the identified shortcomings, since i did not have a nursing background. I could only provide my perspective as a patient and convey to them specific anecdotes from patients who personally called me to laud or castigate their visit or that of a loved one.
Pros
complete automny
Cons
required sitting at computer for extended periods of time (not my forte)
Very energetic, innovative, and great place to work.
Registered Nurse Adult Cath Lab (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2018
The environment will challenge you to improve and learn your practice in every aspect of your day to day, and career. The diverse and energetic culture is like no other in my humble opinion.
Pros
Innovation, and autonomy
Diverse culutre and Growth
Nursing Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2018
Everyday is a new day the culture is diverse and things are different everyday. For the most part staff work together aside from you normal personalities do not mesh and management is easy to communicate with.
Very Good Employee Benefits and Healthcare
Administrative & Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 11, 2018
Overall, I enjoyed working there for as long as I could. I learned many things there and management encouraged growth. The benefits were superb and I was able to take full advantage for good health.
Overwhelmed staff!
Nursing Support Asst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 4, 2018
Though its a great company to work for, the job culture could have been better. Management needed to set aside egos and really get to know their employees and their needs. The work load could also overwhelming and upper management should fight harder for more help amongst their floor, i.e. nurses, and support staff.
better opportunity
Clerk / Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 4, 2018
the university is an great job from management to the patients.The dotctors, nurse and everyone always works together. the housekeeping is fun as well especially with being introduced to new
Pros
learning about different PPE
Cons
Shift
Used to enjoy working there
Sr. Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 2, 2018
In the past it was a nice place to work. As company's do, management changes, not always for the better. My last director was more concerned about how she looked instead of what was good for the employee. She held any mistake made against you and treated you like a child. She did not like when some employees made decisions on their own while allowing others to do so.