University of Chicago Medicine Employee Reviews

a typical day at work
Housekeeping Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 19, 2018
clock in set up cart check public bathroom make sure its ready before patients come for dr. visit go to each section check bathrooms do floors if they need be strip and waxed
productive day at work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 16, 2018
a typical day a work can be a very busy day. i learn about different safety procedure. management can be very professional. the hardest part of the job is not having a voice in many situations.
benefits
Great compensation, Not so great atmosphere
Clinical Nurse Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2018
When I first began at UCM, I enjoyed coming to work because I liked the people I worked with and the patient population I worked with. Colleagues and physicians have come and gone, and now everyone fends for themselves. It's difficult to get up in the morning to go to work because there is so much tension and politics in our office. I feel that if they like you, you can do no wrong, but if they dislike you, there is nothing you can do right no matter how hard you work.

I am sure not every section of the hospital is like this, though.
Health Care being run as a business
Psychiatric Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILMay 9, 2018
The physicians are amazing. Clinics are being run like a business now, so things have become pretty cookie cutter. While this may be a good money-saving tool, it doesn't always lead to excellent customer service. Some staff members have their hands tied with regard to what they're allowed to do, given time and resources.
Pros
The physicians are wonderful
Cons
Limited in services one can provide
Makes a Difference
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 6, 2018
I enjoy working for this company because the work and the research that they do really does make a difference in the lives of patients. I believe that every doctor and nurse that works at this institution genuinely cares about the individuals they are serving.
Organization in growth as they continue to build new services in their emergency department, trauma, and cancer care.
Director, Magnet Program & Shared Governance (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 27, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job was in mentoring and coaching managers on change management, staff nurses on professional development and patient safety, and medical students and residents on communication and teamwork focused on patient safety.
Pros
Surrounded by dedicated, intelligent staff and students.
Cons
Few servant leaders
nice place to work at
Sterile Processing Tech II (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 24, 2018
Reasonable place to work at. friendly co-workers, peaceful environment. good pay and great benefits. if you are able to work under stressful environment this place is for you
The company
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 24, 2018
I really love working for this company, it is very family orientated and the people make u happy to work. You can also grow within the company and move around to different departments.
Good hospital
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 22, 2018
University of Chicago Hospital was a good place to work. Excellent employees who work long hours and very hard. They strive for the best in providing excellent care to their patients.
professional culture
Project Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 19, 2018
Professional culture and family atmosphere
fast paced learning
open to new ideas
management changes often
too much sitting
looking for more people interaction
U of C Summary
Chief Clinical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 19, 2018
Each day we performed at least 1 of 12 invasive diagnostic procedures on Cardiac patients. I trained Cardiologists with performing various Invasive Diagnostic Procedures. I had to be on call every other week. I didn't like being on call so much, but I did like being able to actually save lives.
Pros
Saving lives, and working with an educated, and well trained staff.
Cons
Being on call and working long hours at times.
Steady work if you want it.
BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 18, 2018
it's not glorious work, but it's very meaningful.

Advancement is slow within departments, but as the organization is HUGE, there are opportunities to move.
Pros
Good Benefits, Stable organization
Cons
Peoples lives depend on the quality of your work.
Cna
Nursing Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 15, 2018
The University of Chicago Medicine is a wonderful place to be employeed . It is constantly short on nights and weekends and it will always be. There are many advancements taking place it is the place to be at this time in medicine
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Short working staff
I enjoyed working here
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2018
Good hours and pay. Very nice co workers. The hardest part of the job was going to the morgue to allow staff to place bodies in the freezer. The most enjoyable part was helping others.
Family oriented
Health and Resource Navigator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 6, 2018
Nice place to work if you are full time. No benefits for part-time employees. Weekly meeting are great and very much productive. A lot of work in the community which is wonderful.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
no benefits for part time employees
50/50 working department.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 5, 2018
Very busy working environment and wonderful place to become an expert in radiography imaging.
Excellent pateint first Hospital
Radiology department management are very forcefull with little to nothing about staff considiration.
Slow moving and inefficient culture stemming from old fashioned and untalented leadership
Strategy Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 3, 2018
Very slow moving culture; old fashioned and micromanaging leadership with no desire to change or keep up with competitors; low quality work spaces; lack of advancement; comfy job without tough hours (largely because it is unsafe to stay on campus past dark)
Pros
Hours are not too bad
Cons
Terrible culture; bad location; lack of career advancement; very poor leadership
Fast paced with room for growth
Surgical Patient Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 2, 2018
This job gave me the opportunity to fine tune my customer service skills as well as introduced me to the world of labor and delivery which I enjoyed very much
Pros
Pay, Flexibility
Cons
Attendance
Forefront of Medicine -Storefront of Business
Clerical Worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 30, 2018
I've worked at UC for over a decade. I love that I'm surrounded my incredible minds all the time. The medical providers are amazing, but administration feels that they are above them. So many people here lose sight of what we are here for and it's sad. Too much hunger for power and discrimination. This is a white run organization with minorities who are rarely given the opportunity to rise to their full potential. There are very few people of color in leadership, but you'll see a lot of them doing the grunt work.
benefits
Cons
discrimination, no step programs, no promotions
comfortable setting, professional
Environmental Services Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 28, 2018
diversity, team work and focused on customer service, learn deal ideals with managers from other departments. Workshop with other departments in the hospital.