University Of Cincinnati Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Good college job
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 16, 2018
I went to school here and worked here in various departmetns throughout college as a studnet worker at different jobs. It was fine for part time work though college
Depends on the departent
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 7, 2018
Whether or not its enjoyable to work at depends on who you work with and in what department you are in. I do not like the internal clock in scheduling system.
meh
INSIGHT GLOBAL - CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 31, 2018
It seemed that there was no one really in charge. It was a very odd environment with politics that didn't make any sense. The nice people retired and the hard workers got better jobs elsewhere.
Not Paid enough for level of the work asked to perform
Executive Assistant to Board of Trustees (Former Employee) –  Clifton, OHAugust 25, 2018
Office of President direction and scope of my work was unclear from very first day. I was asked to interact with top executives and leadership of entire Cincinnati area, yet my salary was very low. Refused to help with my parking fees.
Pros
learned new technology
Cons
political, low wages
Great Job: Poor Management
Sr. Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 15, 2018
I enjoyed working for UC and the work that was being done. The management was my only qualm and I highly suggest a re-evaluation of management styles and work attitudes. The environment felt tense and because of this, several good employees left the company.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, flexible hours
Worst Place I've Ever Worked
Certified Surgical Technologist (Traveling Tech) (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 12, 2018
This was my first travel assignment ever and I will always remember this experience. The atmosphere and environment was (is still) very toxic. I never felt wanted or needed and did not learn one thing from anybody there. Thank God for 13 week assignments!
Good
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 8, 2018
Good high unless he brah bill crab seen less fun seen be here if seen in if from the go ki seen in car hmm no be there if we to on do you come on down the by on Saturday
Flexible hours
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 7, 2018
Very flexible working schedule. Lots of down time while tests are being ran along with a lot of free time to work on other projects besides current research projects.
Pros
Lots of down time
Pay unfair
surgey scheduler (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 6, 2018
I've been working here at UCMC going on 5.
It's been a 1 1/2 years being in my current position.
A year into my position, I had asked for a 25 cent raise and was told no but my department seems to had the money to hire a full time person. Granted the 3rd person is needed, a 25 cent raise is needed as well.
Pros
Manager nice
Cons
No over time
Typical Higher Ed Games
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 1, 2018
Faculty are often arrogant and treat staff poorly. All it takes is one person to accuse you of something falsely and they won't even investigate--just fired with no chance to defend yourself.

Management in each college is disorganized and communicates poorly. It is difficult to determine your job duties due to poor communication across the university. Management endeavors to pay staff as little as possible to make their budget numbers look good, while ensuring they get fat pay raises every year. To get a merit raise you have to jump through numerous hoops and basically it will only happen if your job title is changed. They think the benefits compensate for the low pay but they really don't.

You have to pay for your own parking--about $100 per month--so be prepared to deduct that from your already low pay.

Best part of the job was liberal vacation and sick time.
Pros
Liberal vacation and sick time
Cons
Low pay, poor management and communication
Great benefits
Compensation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 24, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is the autonomy that you usually have on the job.

Employees are ususally given general directions on their job duties and are allowed to choose how they do their jobs as long as the job is completed in a satisfactory level.
Pros
autonomy and benefits
Schooling not work
Student (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 16, 2018
It is a great place to go to school if you know what you want to do. Cincinnati's co-op program is nationally ranked and mandates pay. However, depending on the academic adviser you get you may have a hard time getting information
Pros
co-op program
Cons
Lack of Scholarships given to students
Excellent place to work
Military Science instructor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 5, 2018
Great place to work. I was assigned there with the US Army as an Reserve Officer Training Instructor. Supervisor and entire staff all very professional and great to work for.
Productive and very satisfying
Event Management Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 2, 2018
Wonderful experience. Worked closing with marketing and the sales force for a fortune 500 company. Enjoyed the interaction with clients and vendors.
Pros
Tuition remission for family
student worker
student worker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 26, 2018
I worked at UC as a student worker years ago in a research lab as a student worker, supporting the other staff. It was a very positive experience with a fair boss and great co-workers.
This is only my experience work as Teaching Assistant while getting my Masters
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 24, 2018
It can be difficult to collaborate with your professor, depending on the ease of access and how friendly or agreeable they are. Some are wonderful, some not so much. However, it helps to have some kind of source of income while working to get your degree.
Great work environment and a lot of room for growth in your field.
Student Co-op (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 19, 2018
It a great environment to work in, and everybody is nice and helpful. Even as a co-op you are treated very well, learn an enormous amount, and are given a good amount of responsibility. I love those that I work with and the every day challenge of the job.
Productive and enjoyable place to work.
Undergraduate Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 16, 2018
- The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
- I also loved the fact that I got to help students on a daily basis!
-Great hours and work/life balance.
Pros
I made my own hours
Cons
The pay could have been better.
Uc
Assistant Director, Graduate Programs (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45221June 11, 2018
The University of Cincinnati College of Nursing and Health Sciences was a very professional environment where I grew personally and increased my management leadership style
LLEG was as great summer internship
Graduate Student Speech-Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 9, 2018
I loved working at LLEG at the University of Cincinnati in the LLEG program. It was a fun and educational experience. It was an internship, so there was no pay or benefits.