University Of Cincinnati Employee Reviews

Productive environment
Software Applications Developer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 4, 2018
It's a friendly environment with staff who are sincerely interested in making sure that the computer systems meet the needs of students, faculty, and staff.
Pros
Tuition remission, good health insurance
Cons
Below-market pay
Too many Chiefs
Technical Workflow Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45219November 3, 2018
Felt micro-managed. Effort rarely acknowledged under last manager. Good opportunity to learn SAP, poor opportunity to utilize what was learned. Being a salaried position, there was no overtime pay. Occasionally received raises or or bonuses.
Pros
Tuition Remission
Good undergraduate job
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 1, 2018
How easy or stressful your job was depended on your knowledge of the subject and the mix of students you were assigned. Overall, it's a pretty easy job and friendly work environment. The only time it can be overwhelming is when your students have an exam coming up and are swarming you with questions.
Pros
On-campus, free printing, 24-hour building access
Cons
Limited classroom authority, difficult to earn a raise, poor communication between departments
Not the greatest graduate school
Graduate Research / Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 30, 2018
Physics graduate school is far from being in top-100 in the country. A lot of people are busy with useless stuff. Level of student is fairly low. Perspectives are uncertain.
Productive, Friendly, Professional Place to work
JUNIOR INFORMATION SECURITY ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 28, 2018
The University of Cincinnati is a fantastic place to work. Workers were always very professional and self driven. Working under the guidance of those individuals is and always will be a pleasure.
Fairly formal but friendly.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 26, 2018
The days went pretty fast as there was always so much to do. Between greeting guests and getting coffee/waters for them, keeping calendars for several of the Doctors in our office and booking meeting rooms and conference rooms for three locations in the building, booking classrooms for the students, there was never a dull moment. The culture in the building was so diverse. Each year a new group of new medical students came to UC from all over the globe that brought their own special flavor to the campus.
The Hardest part was GETTING to work (too much traffic) although I was rarely late. I generally got to work 30-45 minutes before my start time as I like to be punctual. The heavy snow is what my only downfall. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and creating lots of new friends.
Pros
Libraries, meeting friends for lunch
Cons
Travel to and from work.
research work in a day
Senior Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45267October 25, 2018
a typical work flow:
go over the week plan for today's work ,make miner adjust and complete the scheduled task, report the issue uncounted to the manager, come up with the possible solutions and discuss with manager to fix it
Great experience as Adjunct professsor
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, OHOctober 24, 2018
* Classes were once per week in the evening, which worked well with my full time job.
* Payment was $2500 for a 3-credit semester course -- very reasonable for the amount of work required.
Research Driven
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 19, 2018
My great experience at UC was mainly due to the awesome mentor relationship I had with the Principal Investigator. Like all research academia, jobs are based on grants received.
Pros
Flexible around school schedule
Cons
Advancement is difficult
challenging
Adjunct Clinical Professor (Current Employee) –  7NW-October 1, 2018
working for UC is challenging and provides for a continues learning experience . people are very friendly and helpful. Working environment is diverse.
Pros
academics
Love UC
Professor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 30, 2018
UC is great, although politics exist (as they do in any organization). The pay could be better, but for faculty the work/life balance is fantastic. The people there are great.
Fun place to work. Dynamic
FDA Specialist / Post Approval Monitoring Director (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 17, 2018
University of Cincinnati is a very good place to work. As an employee you are provided with many opportunities for advancement as well as education. Their benefits are among the best in the nation.
Good college job
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 16, 2018
I went to school here and worked here in various departmetns throughout college as a studnet worker at different jobs. It was fine for part time work though college
Depends on the departent
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 7, 2018
Whether or not its enjoyable to work at depends on who you work with and in what department you are in. I do not like the internal clock in scheduling system.
meh
INSIGHT GLOBAL - CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 31, 2018
It seemed that there was no one really in charge. It was a very odd environment with politics that didn't make any sense. The nice people retired and the hard workers got better jobs elsewhere.
Not Paid enough for level of the work asked to perform
Executive Assistant to Board of Trustees (Former Employee) –  Clifton, OHAugust 25, 2018
Office of President direction and scope of my work was unclear from very first day. I was asked to interact with top executives and leadership of entire Cincinnati area, yet my salary was very low. Refused to help with my parking fees.
Pros
learned new technology
Cons
political, low wages
Great Job: Poor Management
Sr. Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 15, 2018
I enjoyed working for UC and the work that was being done. The management was my only qualm and I highly suggest a re-evaluation of management styles and work attitudes. The environment felt tense and because of this, several good employees left the company.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, flexible hours
Worst Place I've Ever Worked
Certified Surgical Technologist (Traveling Tech) (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 12, 2018
This was my first travel assignment ever and I will always remember this experience. The atmosphere and environment was (is still) very toxic. I never felt wanted or needed and did not learn one thing from anybody there. Thank God for 13 week assignments!
Good
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 8, 2018
Good high unless he brah bill crab seen less fun seen be here if seen in if from the go ki seen in car hmm no be there if we to on do you come on down the by on Saturday
Flexible hours
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 7, 2018
Very flexible working schedule. Lots of down time while tests are being ran along with a lot of free time to work on other projects besides current research projects.
Pros
Lots of down time