University Of Cincinnati Employee Reviews

Loved my time there
Student (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 14, 2019
I was a student in the engineering program and wouldn't trade my time at UC for anything! The engineering program is elite and the co-op experience is invaluable.
Great place to work!
Program Manager/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 1, 2019
Great place to work with excellent benefits. Tuition remission allowed me to obtain my bachelors degree! My supervisor was very supportive of me continuing my education.
Excellent
Contributing Faculty (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 15, 2019
Excellent academic institution that provides opportunities to student to gain new knowledge. Focuses on diversity and adult student, collaborative environment and supportive executive leadership.
Great people and great opportunity to teach
Business & Economics Professor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 14, 2019
I enjoyed the classroom and the students; this was an amazing place to work and I met a great number of people whom I remain in contact with today. The university offered me a great deal of scheduling flexibility and course options to teach. The one downside was the low pay and inability to grow due to tenured positions.
Excellent benefits and discounts.Good pay.
Senior Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 12, 2019
Retirement program and other benefits are excellent. Excellent paid time off and sick time and tuition remission. Salaries are reasonable. Hours are somewhat flexible depending on the management.
Parking is expensive even with the small employee discount.
Pros
tuition remission, generous with benefits, paid time, and sick time. excellent retirement plan. good salary
Cons
Expensive parking, faculty held at higher value than staff, high rate of favoritism or nepotism among management. politics and prestige, in some areas, are at the center rather than placing the students at the center
Fun place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 7, 2019
I cannot complain, great benefits, slow-paced environment, supportive leadership and team, culture of diversity and all members are treated equally. No complaints.
Relaxed High enegry Enviorement, good people, happy enviorement, cool
Custodian worker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 2, 2019
I Was There 12years, I was Able Explore Different Job Opportunitys, Family Oriented Environment, You Can Advance Your Career Options, You Can Retire, and Still Comeback If You Need To Feel Productive, wits Overall One Of The Best Places To Be Employed In Our City,
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Parking
Good place to work and study
PhD student (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 31, 2019
Pros

Great social work culture and pay.
Innovative researchers, advocates for the students. They are rapidly evolving as they have hired 4 new tenure-track faculties in the last 2 years.

Cons

The schedule is testing and not flexible during holidays
Good benefits. Little room for advancement
Laboratory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 20, 2019
The University of Cincinnati is a great place to work for the tuition remission for yourself or family members. Good paid time off. Salary is below average and opportunities for advancement are small.
Pros
Tuition Remission
Cons
Little to no room for advancement
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant Argument (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 14, 2019
I enjoyed my time as an Undergrad TA for the University. It allowed me to create a curriculum and help educate others at the school I love. It was an excellent opportunity as well to set up a path of drive and self resilience.
Great experience for a college student.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 10, 2019
I signed up for this position during my last semester of college. Really great experience. Got to know the profession really well and learned new skills that I can use in future jobs.
A Great Place to work
Structural Engineer, UC Hyperloop (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 4, 2019
A lot of autonomy is provided to the employee to pursue their interest as long as it's in line with their job title. Salary and compensation could be a little better but it makes up for that through its great work environment.
It's fine
LIFEGUARD (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 28, 2018
My time as a part time lifeguard has been totally fine. Nothing too stressful at all, obviously I couldn't make a career from this position. I'm a full time student.
It was a fine place to work.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 19, 2018
Could be better, could be worse. Could be more room for advancement and growth within the company. Would recommend this job to college students, preferably freshman.
Enjoyed working with co-workers.Manager was top rate.
Laborer/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  HOUSEKEEPINGNovember 28, 2018
This job was not only finacially fullfilling but a pleasure to work around some of the finest students in america.Every aspect was helpful both personaly and family oriented.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Productive environment
Software Applications Developer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 4, 2018
It's a friendly environment with staff who are sincerely interested in making sure that the computer systems meet the needs of students, faculty, and staff.
Pros
Tuition remission, good health insurance
Cons
Below-market pay
Too many Chiefs
Technical Workflow Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45219November 3, 2018
Felt micro-managed. Effort rarely acknowledged under last manager. Good opportunity to learn SAP, poor opportunity to utilize what was learned. Being a salaried position, there was no overtime pay. Occasionally received raises or or bonuses.
Pros
Tuition Remission
Good undergraduate job
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 1, 2018
How easy or stressful your job was depended on your knowledge of the subject and the mix of students you were assigned. Overall, it's a pretty easy job and friendly work environment. The only time it can be overwhelming is when your students have an exam coming up and are swarming you with questions.
Pros
On-campus, free printing, 24-hour building access
Cons
Limited classroom authority, difficult to earn a raise, poor communication between departments
Not the greatest graduate school
Graduate Research / Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 30, 2018
Physics graduate school is far from being in top-100 in the country. A lot of people are busy with useless stuff. Level of student is fairly low. Perspectives are uncertain.
Great work place environment, changes in scenery, strong team work, good working schedule etc.
Campus Watch Training Officer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 30, 2018
Great work place environment, changes in scenery, strong team work, good working schedule, friendly students and staff, large campus with diverse culture, works well with UCPD,