University of Colorado Employee Reviews

avoid if possible
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 7, 2018
Too much politics, inbreeding, blackmail, fear of being let go, control. The supervisors say one thing, but do the opposite and should an employee object, they always find a way to blame the employee.
Very fun and laid back
PEER ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 5, 2018
Was very fun with all the people working there. Everyone was friendly and the work was not overbearing. The others were working so there were no conflicts there.
Great for students!
Senior Lead Tutor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 3, 2018
I worked at UCCS for a good deal of my undergraduate studies, and was sorry to leave. My position was in the Languages and Social Sciences Center, where our primary task was to tutor our fellow students in language classes. I enjoyed my time there tremendously, but left a few months short of graduation due to management issues which persist to this day.
Pros
Work with students
Student Worker
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 3, 2018
Working at the Facilities Services front desk at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs was a great job. The main objective is to direct work orders to the proper facilities team. This job also requires event setup, report creation and management, project assistance to upper management.
work place
Material Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 3, 2018
everyone was a team player
worked well together stepped up to help others out
great managers
fun atmosphere
staff friendly -

lots to do on a daily bases
Overall good place too work.
Fleet Technical Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 30, 2018
The work place was a cubical with some time outside of office work. The overall Management was good and supportive, but advancement was very limited. Had to teach classes that would take away from work time.
Pros
Outside of office work, bus pass, 40 hour work week
Cons
Advancement opportunities
great place to work
HR Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 26, 2018
Love it, sad to leave it. Each department is very different so some departments are better than others. LASP is definitely on the better end. Lots of great work life balance working at the University.
Great University To Work For!
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF PSYCHOLOGY (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 23, 2018
University of Colorado is a proactive, progressive learning institution with a strong opportunity for upward mobility and progression within the school.
Exciting Place to Work
Supply Chain Manager, Periop/OR Services (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 22, 2018
Processes were solid in receiving and distribution of hospital medical supplies Specialty was the operating room. Average 160 cases per day. Worked with various healthcare providers including surgeons, nurses, and Md's.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
work overload balance of employees responsibilities
Ups and Downs
SENIOR IT DATABASE DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 19, 2018
The University of Colorado campus has it benefits and its negatives. Benefits are amazing, PTO, health insurance, etc. Compensation is in the lower tiers unless you are faculty. Job security is quite good, but opportunity for advancement within the same department is low and would require relocation to an alternative department. No job culture existent at all. Work place respects 8 hours per day 5 days a week, in most areas. As with most large employers, politics is prevalent. It is not about you or your contribution to the team effort, its about how you can make your boss look good to their bosses. Humility and ownership are rarely displayed, especially when dealing with faculty.
Pros
Benefits. Work/Life, Job security
Cons
Culture, Advancement, and Management
Productive and fun
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 17, 2018
I studied in Univeryof Colorado in Colorado Springs for almost two years and started to work there as well. My job was to organized paper and aswers phone calls .
Incredible place to work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 15, 2018
An incredible place to work at with. An organization with a very inviting and inclusive culture where high quality is never undermined yet the pressure of work is not overwhelming.
I would return to the University in a heartbeat
Research and Instruction Librarian (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 9, 2018
I cannot say enough good things about the Dean of the Kraemer Family Library. He encourages skill development, places the utmost importance on diversity and cultural competence. These issues are of great personal significance to me. I was very sorry that my position was only a temporary placement for the Spring Semester. I hope that someday, I will have the opportunity to work at or with the library again.
Pros
Wonderful leadership at the top. Helpful coworkers when new situations were presented.
Cons
The position only lasted from January to May.
Great and friendly environment
Temporary Aide (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 8, 2018
I worked here on a temporary data entry assignment, but the environment was friendly, everyone was helpful and our work was appreciated. I was paid very well for data entry.
Amazing
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 5, 2018
I love working at the University! Th energy on campus is amazing. There is always something new to learn so you are never board. Everyone is very friendly.
Good Company
OpenVMS Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 1, 2018
Good Company to work for. Strong dependance on Vendors and Outsourcing. Could work towards more in-house application development to secure the Charter initiatives.
Great retirement benefits
Lead Technician/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 30, 2018
This is a great place to retire from. Great people and atmosphere. A lot of training opportunities. The hardest part of the job was dealing with certain supervisors. the most enjoyable part of the job is working with the front line crew that I trained and worked with.
Productive, flexible hours
Student Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 29, 2018
I know what to work on every day and I learned good time management to help complete the tasks assigned to me. I have learned a lot about how the University works, and that has helped me as an employee and as a student.
Pros
Flexible
Horrific
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 28, 2018
Don’t work here. This place is corrupt- from top to bottom. You can last here 1 year- if even . The environment in almost every department is toxic. Be careful of HR.
Great place if you like the college experience
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COOctober 25, 2018
CU is a great place to work. Relaxed but busy most of the time. Lots of students mean there's always something to do or someone in need. There's a large variety of job experiences on the CU campus; as many as there are programs.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
work loads tend to be a bit on the heavy side