University of Colorado
75Above average

University of Colorado Employee Reviews

United States616 reviews
Flexible and Understanding
Management is amazing. As a student employee, management understands that school comes first. They are more than willing to work around our school schedules and any other work schedule their employees may have. They understand that their employees have a life outside of work!
fun place to work
very fair management and compensation. The energy of the university is very contagious which makes for a very fun workplace environment. problem is there is too much red tape
Remote Work
I received recordings of focus group studies that the university had conducted. I would transcribe, edit and send back the files when I was completed with them. The people are very supportive.
No review at this time.
I was only a contract worker, therefore I am not comfortable giving a review about this organization other than to say that I am a proud graduate of this school! Go Mountain Lions!
mostly productive with flexible work schedule
It is a very laid back work environment. I would show up and just text someone on the team what they wanted me to do and I would do it. I was taught the skill required of me if I did not know how to do it originally. It is run by the government so the bureaucracy makes some things incredibly slow and annoying. The productivity of the workers was mediocre. I liked the guys I worked with and appreciate the time I had to work there.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Great to work with!
Adjunct instructor for 15 years - a great place to work! GREAT students - best ever! Great leadership; trusting leadership; innovative. As I said, I've worked there for 15 years!
Pros
Great leadership / Administration
Cons
I can't move to Colorado! :-(
Fantastic
Educational. Empowering. Door-opening. Community-driven. There are many things that come to mind when talking about the benefits of the University of Colorado at Boulder. 5 stars. Absolutely incredible.
Diverse environment with very educated and driven individuals.
I was promoted to this position and it was a great next step in my career in Higher Education. I learned new skills and was able to connect with more departments to complete tasks and projects.
Creative and interactive work place
Working at CU boulder gave me a chance to hone and improve my kitchen management skills. There I was able to develop, manage and execute a breakfast menu for 150 athletes. Create and manage the inventory system for the entire kitchen. Manage 15 college employees during the lunch service to provide food for over 300 athletes.
Sometimes great, sometimes awful
While classroom time with students could be rewarding, the "office dynamics" between graduate students and tenured faculty were tense and toxic. I often felt like I was taken advantage of by faculty who thought a simple thank-you would make up for it.
Being and RA broke my spirit
I quite honestly left CU because of my time as an RA. The university couldn't give a spit about you and asking for help from higher ups gets you nowhere. Stay away unless you absolutely have to do this to get the housing.
CU Boulder job
Helped pay my way through college.
I was able to utilize skills gained in library job and laboratory job while applying to graduate program. Great support of non traditional students
Phenomenal place to practice medicine
UC Health previoiusly Poudre Valley Health was instrumental on my introduction to Internal Medicine. UCH provides not only amazing medical professional but medical resources.
Opportunity for growth
This is a great place to start out as a green coder, there are opportunities for advancement. For the most part management is available for questions, issues but there have been so many changes lately that it is challenging to know who to go to. If you need help they will go out of their way to help you. Great company with wonderful benefits, I just personally find the work monotonous and hate sitting for eight hours. This is not the company's fault. If you enjoy medical coding this is a wonderful company.
Great learning environment
The environment of this facility is centered around education. The staff supports the medical school & those who rotate through. The caseload offers great variety & the attending are very knowledgeable.
Great benefits, good work environment and culture.
I love working here. UCCS is a better place to work than my last school job, USC. I didn't think I would find something better than USC, but I did in UCCS. I want to retire at UCCS. The only thing keeping me in Colorado Springs is my job at UCCS.
My first glimpse of an engineering world.
I learned a lot of things during my final year project both technical and logistical aspects. In here, I learned that safety is the important thing in a work place environment. As an engineer, I also learned the importance for management skills as well as working in a team.
Life changing assistantship through SWELL
I was able to learn about local food and our impact as consumers to make a change to a value based food system. SWELL helps fuel student success and is a life changing program.
I enjoyed working at this University
Responsibilities include oversight for over 650 vehicles in the areas of: vehicle maintenance and repair, bus services, driver safety training, auto allocation, vehicle accident claims and coordination of DOT, DOE, DOR permits and regulations. Manage the daily functions of fleet operations, drive sustainability and growth using key performance indicators. Primary point of contact regarding vehicle replacement.
Room for improvement.
CU was alright though my PI was a jerk. She insisted I do my PHD in her lab, when I finally told her I didn’t want to she said that I wasn’t “intellectual” enough to pursue a PhD and that there was no point continuing my employment in her lab. I also experienced a bit of racism. People would legitimately call me racist names. CU is nice but the culture is not very inclusive. This is oobvious by the lack of women and POC employed as scientists and not cleaning ladies.
Pros
Healthcare and PTO if your Pi let’s you use it.
Cons
Low pay, no diversity, no inclusion, little flexibility with hours
Amazing community
Really become a part of your community and enhances your college experience. Help families and prospective students understand the environment and make a big decision about college.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Colorado. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight