University of Colorado Employee Reviews

The Anschutz Campus promotes mediocrity
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 13, 2018
It depends on the department as there are dozens of places to work on campus, but of three places I've worked, all have had terrible leadership with Administrators who micromanage and do not understand how research is run, or the amount of time it takes to effectively and efficiently do a job so that things run smoothly. Those who suck up to the right people are able to move up quickly and make obscene salaries, getting paid to be mediocre at best, incompetent at worst. Many leaders on the campus are held to zero accountability and leave the lower level administrative staff to clean up their messes.
Pros
Benefits are great.
Cons
Most leadership is horrid.
Average
Corporate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 10, 2018
Great benefits, bad salaries.

Great location downtown with not so reasonably priced parking. Good spot to grab lunch from just about any restaurant you can think of.
Great University
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 10, 2018
Boulder is a nice place to live and research. The university is nice with lot of resources. The labs are nice and new and moreover the small college town of Boulder gives the feeling of home away home
Security of the University
Procurement Manager (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 5, 2018
It's okay to work here. Work/Life balance is quite good, though you definitely aren't paid like a job in the private sector. Benefits do make some of that back up.
Quick and easy
Student Assistant 2 (Former Employee) –  Center for CommunityFebruary 4, 2018
Fun job:
had to mainly either throw dishes into a machine or run them into the dining hall.
Learned all the positions in the dining hall and worked in at all of the food stations.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Not enough hours for a student to make a paycheck
Teaching of laboratory and field geology
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 3, 2018
Excellent education opportunity to develop in-depth knowledge of course material and procedures for teaching others. Allows for creative design of course materials.
Pros
Educational advancement
fine
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 2, 2018
its ok, i like it , I did no have to work very hard and got paid a lot of money for doing next to nothing, just the kind of job american worker like.
Good for a postdoctoral placement
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 30, 2018
Overall, I was pleased with my colleagues at CU Boulder. I did not necessarily enjoy the fast pace of my particular role as it impacted my work/life balance. However, I felt various departments of the university worked together well to provide students with top notch student services.
Fun
Professional Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 26, 2018
Not the most interesting work, but fun people. Environment was nice. Working in the labs was fun and fast paced, got to learn a lot and working with phd students and other smart people as great.
Wonderful place to grow and build a career
Professional Research Assistant - Neurology (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 26, 2018
Wonderful place to grow within your career. Excellent Doctors and staff. I will miss this place and can only hope to find an working environment that's just as beautiful.
Pros
beautiful campus
Cons
High parking fees
Boulder exemplified
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 26, 2018
Working at CU was wonderful in many ways. The culture at the University is great. Employees are encouraged to be healthy and active and maintain a good work-life balance. The amenities on campus are wonderful and the staff are all very friendly and easy to work with. I was a graduate student and the pay was not great, particularly for the outrageous cost of living in Boulder.
Learned a great deal
Technical Assistant for the Director (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 26, 2018
Staff and job duties were interesting and different from what I had before in jobs. Great manager still friends today. Worked well with my school schedule.
Pros
Staff and job duties
Cons
tight knit communtiy with excellent managment
Cleaner/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 25, 2018
My time working for the ceramics department established a work ethic I find still with me today. It was to make sure everything was done right and efficiently.
good place to work
HVAC/Refrigeration Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 25, 2018
good place to work. Training and advancement is good. People are good and willing to work. Pay is a bit low but the benefits are great. Includes low cost health care.
Awesome
Graduate Student Assistant - IoT Embedded Firmware (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 24, 2018
Student Assistantship is a scholarship position. It helps students to learn more and also supports them in their financial position. SA's help students in their coursework to understand the concepts better.
impossible
instructor-Advanced practice provider (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 22, 2018
Management in flux constantly. Doctors are not managers, especially surgeons. Administration and Physicians have completely different ways of managing departments, and surgeons really just want to operate. Too many cooks, not enough cooking.
Pros
new facility
Great College Job
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 19, 2018
I worked here as a part time job while in college. It was great because it worked well with my school schedule and I got experience in my future profession setting.
UC Health Fort Collins
Operating Room Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 19, 2018
This is honestly the best place I have worked, they work like a team and the supervisor and management staff was top notch. I love working here and hope to come back in the future
making Food
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 15, 2018
typical day involves maintaining our hygiene and making awesome food.
The workplace is amazing, listening to music, interacting with people and learning various cultures.
Practicum Student
Practicum Counseling Student (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 12, 2018
Be available in individual, couples, and family counseling, schedule and document appointments, create treatment plan, participate in individual and group supervision.