University of Connecticut Health Center Employee Reviews

I have never seen anything like it
Nurse Educator (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTDecember 17, 2018
Don't be fooled. The benefit package for working for the state is good, but no longer that good. The management of this hospital is so awful I cannot write about it on a public platform. Just think twice before applying.
Respiratory
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTNovember 27, 2018
Silly as this statement sounds, the manager of Respiratory: looks and acts like a Witch. If she does not like you, she will go out of her way to destroy you. Only those whose heads are too far up her rear will succeed.
Pros
pension (until it goes bust) along with great health insurance
Cons
managment
I Enjoyed My Time Working As A Temp. For Uconn
Temp. Postion (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTOctober 29, 2018
In my short time working for these two positions, I was able to taught how to input patients information into EPIC Software. Even though I was taught Blood Pressures at Brandford Hall at Mark Josel, MD he didn't have his MA's do that job. So at my first placement the MA's there helped me accomplished the correct way. Everyone was very nice and very helpful
Pros
Was very happy at both positions
Cool place
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTOctober 19, 2018
Cool place to work with amazing benefits. Ways for advancement though highly competitive environment. Also highly innovative with research and addition of new teatment techniques.
Internship
Administrative Intern (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTOctober 2, 2018
I cannot give a fair review as I was only there for a 3 month internship. I personally would not work at UCONN Health Center though as the state is in a horrible financial predicament.
As a contractor for the hospital the contracted company is not what they claim to be
ROI Specialist (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTOctober 2, 2018
UCONN hires a contract company for there medical ROI department (CIOX) which is a poor employer benefits are little to none. Management is clueless. Management treats you like children. The company is a numbers game not quality of work for the patients for their records but number of records to get out of the office per day.Company does not care about its employees, just making the numbers. I would work for the hospital if it was not under the company of Ciox Healthcare.
Not a happy place
Telecom (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTSeptember 29, 2018
The company as I knew it, was too stressful. Being short staffed made for long hours and not enough pay. Management made promises they couldn't keep. Very disappointing.
Excellent place to work
BUSINESS ANALYST / EMR SYSTEMS (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTAugust 22, 2018
Awesome environment to work, I will recommend UCONn Health to anyone. The location was great for me coming from Bridgeport CT. All my co-workers were very helpful and I have build long lasting relationships.
Do not recommend
Patient Access-Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTAugust 6, 2018
UCONN is very stuck and not willing to move with the times and technology. There are no flexible work hours, no remote working and no work life balance.
Informative and productive work environment.
Undergraduate Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTAugust 5, 2018
I had the pleasure of being under the mentorship of several credible researchers. I learned basic lab techniques and topics being researched in the lab. I was able to take these research studies and apply them in a clinical setting. My mentors made sure to explain everything fluently. Everyone was really helpful and communicated well with each other. I learned a lot of information in a short period of time.
An aweosme environment to get your advanced degree!
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTAugust 5, 2018
Loved it! I have turned inti an awesome scientist becausd I had awesome mentors and managers here. It was a collaborative but fast-paced environment, and it was student-friendly.
Pros
Free lunches, student lounge!
Cons
Nothing!
Terrible experience at UCONN
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  CTJuly 30, 2018
I didn't even get past my orientation before finding out, through an email, that I was fired. Who does that? Well, apperently staff at UCONN!!!!!! I was first off misinformed about the days in which I was to attend orientation. I was given a typed outline of two days only of orientation. At the end of the second day I was told that I had to return for the remainder of that week to complete the orientation. Then, after explaining that I was not able to proceed with the weeks worth of orientation due to not having made daycare arrangements for the entire week, I got fired. I feel discriminated against because I have been penalized for having children who need to have sitters set up. BUT....if I'd have known orientation was for the full week up front, this would not have been an issue. I did not like the quick pace of everything, as it felt like I was just a number going through my health screenings and onboarding. I counted on two hands how many times HR told us in orientation, "it's all about who you know." Well UCONN, apparently that all it's about. I will not recommend UCONN to anyone for employment. Such a shame. I'm just glad to not have invested many years with this company.
Really good benefits
PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE/ CLINIC SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutJune 29, 2018
Offers one of the highest salaries than other healthcare jobs in CT. Rules can be really strict but its no different than any other job. Medical benefits are good and affordable.
Poor Management
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJune 4, 2018
Working as a telecom operator was horrible every call was monitor and every call was to be said as the script could not speak spanish knowing I was bilingual
Pros
excellent pay
Cons
Management was poor
Internship Experience
Intern at Area Heath and Education Center (AHEC) (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTMay 23, 2018
I enjoyed my internship at UCONN! It related to my Public Health background, I had to help with programs and activities that improve the health of children. For example, educating 2nd graders about brushing their teeth in a fun way. UCONN dental students come to a local elementary school and make teeth brushing interactive for students.
awesome place
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTMay 18, 2018
great place to work. awesome people to work with. you find great people that love what they do you meet awesome family members that you can relate to.
Great benefits.
DENTAL HYGIENIST (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTMay 13, 2018
Great benefits but under paid vs outside . Parking difficult for employees . Construction overwhelming. Patient care was the most important thing to the providers.
benefits
Cons
pay rate
Great place to gain experience
Intern/Student (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTMay 12, 2018
I gained a lot of experience at uconn health center. The dental staff were helpful and eager to teach me. I highly recommend anyone to intern here, you will benefit from it.
Pros
Gained a lot of experience
Cons
drama with some of the staff
Poor management,back stabbing and gossiping co-workers
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTApril 19, 2018
Very poisoning place to work. Even I am dying I'll never let UCONN to treat me as a patient. Hostile work enviromment. People are back stabbing and gossipy.
Pros
there is no pros
Cons
it is a techeng hospital. if you want to be a guinea pig go to UCONN then.
Hostile work environment
Laboratory Assistant II-Central Processing (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTApril 16, 2018
Fun place to work at times and it would remain that way if not for the retaliation and hostility of the environment towards employees. My employment was enjoyable until I spoke up for myself.