University of Connecticut Health Center Employee Reviews

Good benefits
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTFebruary 5, 2019
UCHC has the best benefits while it remains a state job. I loved my department minus the few things that are very administrator driven that do not work. The hours are great. No raises in a long time but they have tried to compensate for it. I do feel they are more concerned with patient satisfaction than safety.
Enjoyed working there
Occasionally acted in capacity of charge nurse (Former Employee) –  NICUFebruary 4, 2019
All the benefits were the same as the University. There was room for advancement. Training opportunities were available. The main draw was being in a teaching facility,
Great coworkers.
RN (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTJanuary 31, 2019
If hourly rate was equal to surrounding hospitals, this place would be a better place to work. There is little room for advancement. The employees make it a nice place to work.
Pros
Free tuition
Cons
Management needs to be changed
Great summer experience
Student summer research (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 8, 2019
The staff is great and they take care of their student employies. They help you to feel a part of the team and also to learn a lot in a short amount of time. They are also very understanding about the need for time off.
decent
Patient Information Desk Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJanuary 7, 2019
I was a volunteer for the hospital side, and I needed to get trained on EPIC. They showed me the basics to get me by, but I had to use someone else's login info. When it came time to train, the guy never showed up to the first or second class, and it was still months before they would train me so I had to leave.
Pros
loved being there
Cons
training time
Good place for entry level
Fiscal Assitant/Financial Aid Advisor (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTJanuary 6, 2019
Great benefits such as vacation and holidays. It is a good place for an entry level position. Unfortunately, there are no many options to work in higher education management in Connecticut so I have no other choice. There is no room for growth as most processes are centralized in Storss.
benefits
Cons
Salary
Awful
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJanuary 5, 2019
Three ring circus led by lobotomized monkeys. Management was an absolute disaster. Everyone is just biding their time until their pensions kick in. Awful.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management
I have never seen anything like it
Nurse Educator (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTDecember 17, 2018
Don't be fooled. The benefit package for working for the state is good, but no longer that good. The management of this hospital is so awful I cannot write about it on a public platform. Just think twice before applying.
Respiratory
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTNovember 27, 2018
Silly as this statement sounds, the manager of Respiratory: looks and acts like a Witch. If she does not like you, she will go out of her way to destroy you. Only those whose heads are too far up her rear will succeed.
Pros
pension (until it goes bust) along with great health insurance
Cons
managment
Productive and challenging work
General Dentist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTNovember 15, 2018
Learned about improving may skills like patient-dentist communication, medical and hand skills.
Learned new methods, ideas and inventions in dentistry.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short brakes
I Enjoyed My Time Working As A Temp. For Uconn
Temp. Postion (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTOctober 29, 2018
In my short time working for these two positions, I was able to taught how to input patients information into EPIC Software. Even though I was taught Blood Pressures at Brandford Hall at Mark Josel, MD he didn't have his MA's do that job. So at my first placement the MA's there helped me accomplished the correct way. Everyone was very nice and very helpful
Pros
Was very happy at both positions
Cool place
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTOctober 19, 2018
Cool place to work with amazing benefits. Ways for advancement though highly competitive environment. Also highly innovative with research and addition of new teatment techniques.
Internship
Administrative Intern (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTOctober 2, 2018
I cannot give a fair review as I was only there for a 3 month internship. I personally would not work at UCONN Health Center though as the state is in a horrible financial predicament.
As a contractor for the hospital the contracted company is not what they claim to be
ROI Specialist (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTOctober 2, 2018
UCONN hires a contract company for there medical ROI department (CIOX) which is a poor employer benefits are little to none. Management is clueless. Management treats you like children. The company is a numbers game not quality of work for the patients for their records but number of records to get out of the office per day.Company does not care about its employees, just making the numbers. I would work for the hospital if it was not under the company of Ciox Healthcare.
Not a happy place
Telecom (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTSeptember 29, 2018
The company as I knew it, was too stressful. Being short staffed made for long hours and not enough pay. Management made promises they couldn't keep. Very disappointing.
Excellent place to work
BUSINESS ANALYST / EMR SYSTEMS (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTAugust 22, 2018
Awesome environment to work, I will recommend UCONn Health to anyone. The location was great for me coming from Bridgeport CT. All my co-workers were very helpful and I have build long lasting relationships.
Do not recommend
Patient Access-Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTAugust 6, 2018
UCONN is very stuck and not willing to move with the times and technology. There are no flexible work hours, no remote working and no work life balance.
Informative and productive work environment.
Undergraduate Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTAugust 5, 2018
I had the pleasure of being under the mentorship of several credible researchers. I learned basic lab techniques and topics being researched in the lab. I was able to take these research studies and apply them in a clinical setting. My mentors made sure to explain everything fluently. Everyone was really helpful and communicated well with each other. I learned a lot of information in a short period of time.
An aweosme environment to get your advanced degree!
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTAugust 5, 2018
Loved it! I have turned inti an awesome scientist becausd I had awesome mentors and managers here. It was a collaborative but fast-paced environment, and it was student-friendly.
Pros
Free lunches, student lounge!
Cons
Nothing!
Terrible experience at UCONN
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  CTJuly 30, 2018
I didn't even get past my orientation before finding out, through an email, that I was fired. Who does that? Well, apperently staff at UCONN!!!!!! I was first off misinformed about the days in which I was to attend orientation. I was given a typed outline of two days only of orientation. At the end of the second day I was told that I had to return for the remainder of that week to complete the orientation. Then, after explaining that I was not able to proceed with the weeks worth of orientation due to not having made daycare arrangements for the entire week, I got fired. I feel discriminated against because I have been penalized for having children who need to have sitters set up. BUT....if I'd have known orientation was for the full week up front, this would not have been an issue. I did not like the quick pace of everything, as it felt like I was just a number going through my health screenings and onboarding. I counted on two hands how many times HR told us in orientation, "it's all about who you know." Well UCONN, apparently that all it's about. I will not recommend UCONN to anyone for employment. Such a shame. I'm just glad to not have invested many years with this company.