University of Connecticut
73Above average
4.3

University of Connecticut Employee Reviews

United States663 reviews
Things are relaxed and there is enough guidance to become independent. Benefits are good as well. Overall it is a solid place to work. Bring your own lunch though because the food at the union can quickly add up
Grant-funded position teaching reading in priority district. Small groups, focus on K-3, implementing evidence-based reading programs and strategies.
Pros
Great access to resources.
Cons
No insurance or benefits.
Very professional. Pay and benefits were fair. With multiple campuses around state you have opportunity to work close to home if you’re lucky enough to land position at desired location. Would have liked to stay if didn’t have to commute so far
most enjoyable part of the job is setting up new classrooms. one of the most important things I learned while setting up a classroom was how to make patch cables.
Temporary Assignment to help roll out new Procurement Department Website for Contractors. Co-Workers were awesome! Management was accessible and very helpful. Great place to work!
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Uconn provides a work life balance with challenging opportunities. I am only considering leaving to live in another state. The management is supportive and collaborative. They provide all types of training and your skill development is encouraged.
It’s great to have a primary source of income at the same I have classes. This way I can be financially stable and have an education at the same time.
. This is a very dynamic and productive work place which you can get lot of experience related to your field. People are friendly and supportive. Lots of opportunities to develop your self!
Its a job where you construct different capacities that can be in the daily life.
Good work, co-workers and flexible hours depending on season. Organized facilities with easy to manage duties. Good job for students to balance work load.
At this job I can work on my schoolwork and do my job at the same time. The hours are good and my co-workers are very nice and helpful. There is also a ping pong table for break time.
Tom is awesome! Good experience. Might chuck more wood than you’ve ever seen before. If you work in the summer though you’ll get a lot of cool opportunities
Excellent place to work with the ability to grow and develop as a worker. Many opportunities to grow in the work area, it is also a good place to gain a lot of knowledge.
During the years that I worked at UConn I didn’t have a salary increase for over 3 years! Management made you feel terribly insignificant. Your co-workers were catty and not willing to help you! As a newer employee management left you our to fail due to NO training! Facilities department VP was condescending and had favorites.
He was very rude and arrogant and would not talk to the lower level employees. Co-workers held everything close and would never share information!
I am more qualified and have more experience than my superiors. I also do more of the heavy lifting, yet I get paid way less, have no insurance, and am not treated equally.
Though this was a research project and a senior capstone. I learned a lot and it was a good way to take everything which we have obtained from school and apply it to a sponsored project by a research lab
Nice place with flexibility. It was a great learning experience. People were very helpful and always encouraged learning for anyone who was working with them on project
small amount of real work, do whatever you want the rest of the time

a typical day at work is punching in to the mailroom where you are working, waiting for people to come in to give them their mail and in the meantime do homework or whatever you like. Boss is very approachable and understanding but very serious if a situation arises.
Do not wish to provide review. This is filler since I am forced to fill this out.
Here is some more filler. Here is an attempt to reach the 150 word minimum.
Working as a research assistant for one of my English professors was an amazing experience. I was able to get an inside look into the duties and lifestyle of a higher education professional in a field I was pursuing my undergraduate career in. I was able to establish a wonderful friendship with this professor who was particularly helpful in terms of providing advice and guidance towards my future academic and professional aspirations.
Love my fellow coworkers and bosses. Great people and work environment. I always have something to do and you have the freedom to work at your own pace. No rush jobs. It is a kind of place where what you do at work stays at work.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Connecticut. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3
4.2
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight