University of Connecticut Employee Reviews

Great school.
never worked (Former Employee) –  Storrs, CTSeptember 10, 2018
The University of Connecticut is a fine institution of higher learning. Indeed is requiring a review, but I have never worked there. I have visited many times.
College
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Storrs, CTSeptember 7, 2018
Love my school of choice. They treated me well and fair. No complaints about this school or the jobs they have available for their students. Proud to be a husky.
motivated and excited polymer chemist.
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Storrs, CTSeptember 6, 2018
My typical day starts from 6am and sometimes runs to late night. Learnt quite a lot in polymer synthesis and characterization. Being a graduate research assistant my work requires personal will and focused to the task. The hardest part is during summer when the pay is not enough to cater for all the bills and at the same time you are required to work. The most exciting part is when you synthesize new functional materials.
competitive and wonderful
BUSINESS ANALYSIS AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 26, 2018
uconn gave me a first chance to drive dragon boat in the connecticut river,also all faculty there are very collaborative and closely work with each other.thirdly,it provides considerable services for us students,like career department,international student institute and so on.lastly,there are wonderful professors who could teach me technical knowledge and amazingly useful skills.
Pros
warm-heart and friendly attitute
Cons
limited spaces in hartford campus
Uconn cares
Director of Admissions and Recruitment (Former Employee) –  Storrs, CTAugust 21, 2018
A university that truly puts students first and understands that to meet that goal, you have to treat your employees well. UCONN is a family and if you are fortunate enough to get in, you are welcomed warmly.
I loved my job working for reslife.
Reslife, Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Storrs, CTAugust 18, 2018
Reslife is an amazing place to work at. only students of the university of connecticut can apply to be part time workers here. if i could go back and work there i would.
I enjoyed my time here!
Student Drafting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, CTAugust 12, 2018
I couldn't have asked for better Co-Workers or a better manager at this job. I loved every moment of this job and the people I worked with! They were very caring and helpful including the fact that they taught me a lot during the time there. I hated the fact that I had to go.
typical State organization
Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Storrs Mansfield, CTJuly 13, 2018
Agency does make an effort for work life balance and has improved with some flexibility for employees.
Agency does not address employee concerns is a common theme in discussion
Agency promotes unfairly
Overlooks some employee concerns, suggestions
Pros
generally good place to work
Cons
staff shortages, unqualified management, insufficient employee training, multiple rapid changes in everyday business processes
It's okay
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Storrs, CTJuly 11, 2018
this job is okay. Basically get paid to sit and do nothing for a few hours a day. I usually get my homework done and rarely have any daily tasks. I'd recommend
Great EMT Course
Emergency Medical Technician Certification (Former Employee) –  Storrs, CTJuly 9, 2018
Emergency Medical Technician course prepared me extremely well for the state practical and cognitive exams. Offered plenty of hands on opportunities and clinical experience.
Research
Molecular Cell Biology Dept., University (Former Employee) –  Storrs, CTJuly 9, 2018
Great University with professors that invest everything into the education of the students. Hard working employees that foster a healthy and progressive culture for students.
Student Worker
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Storrs, CTJuly 5, 2018
I started working as a student worker in May or 2016. I stayed until May of 2018. I enjoyed my time as a student worker. my manager ans supervisor were great to work with.
Productive and fun environment
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Storrs Mansfield, CTJune 29, 2018
This was an undergraduate position, so no pay. I was paid in credits, the environment was relaxed but everyone was held responsible. The graduate students were awesome.
Supportive Staff and Teachers
Student Teacher (Former Employee) –  Storrs, CTJune 28, 2018
As a student worker in the Child Labs, I cannot express enough of how well managed the school is. The teachers and all other staff are hands on and truly care about their jobs. They are always there for support and suggestions. The most enjoyable part of the job is being in a beautifully set up classroom with wonderful children.
Pros
Teacher support
Cons
Metor in bridepot public school
Mentor/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTJune 23, 2018
Working for UConn was a great experience. If I could I would still be apart of this company.
I worked with Children in the Bridgeport Public School system. We taught them Character building ndassisted them with their daily needs as it pertained to school and life.
Pros
Grea work environment
Good students, good co-workers
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Storrs, CTJune 14, 2018
I worked with UCONN when I went to college there. I've since had two part-time jobs there. UCONN is a very nice place to work. I'd work there again in a heartbeat.
NEAG clinical supervisor
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Storrs, CTJune 13, 2018
A great program for retired teachers to use their expertise and experience to help develop and support future teachers. The compensation is low compared to other Universities who pay their supervisors 50% more.
Pros
relaxed atmospher and easy to schedule
Cons
pay is low compared to other University programs
Scheduling Officer (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJune 8, 2018
The atmosphere and the camaraderie are very nice at the Waterbury campus. The only negative is that raises only seem to go to the people at the top and it is hard to advance your career.
Relaxed and flexible workplace
Writing Tutor (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJune 6, 2018
Overall, the University of Connecticut is a good place to work.
-friendly co-workers
-communicative supervisors
-flexible hours
-relaxed, stress-free environment
Limited mobility and slowed by resistance to change
Employee (Current Employee) –  Storrs Mansfield, CTJune 6, 2018
I have worked in several areas of the University, and the prevailing attitude is 'we have always done it this way, and are not changing.' As someone interested in gaining knowledge and moving a career and company forward, this is a very difficult place to work.