University of Dayton Employee Reviews

Provides perfect environment for self development and generating ideas.
Energy Audit Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 10, 2018
Personally, my experience at University of Dayton taught me the basic skills for brain-storming and thinking outside the box. The academic environment pushes oneself for continuous improvement to live up to your potential.
Pros
Continuous learning, creative environment.
Cons
Low Financial Profits
Self-guided workplace with room to learn
Art & Design Studio Technician (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 9, 2018
This job gave me the unique ability to be able to walk into a space designed for making (whether that be a painting studio, photography lab, etc) and be able to quickly assess its needs and mentally rank them by importance/urgency!
Fun Environment
Competitive Sports Official (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 17, 2018
As a competitive sports official, I regularly interacted with other students my age. Supervisors are supportive especially in situations where participants are unhappy with calls; the supervisors will always back you up. Coworkers regularly create other intramural teams to participate in, and become friends beyond the workplace.
Great
Student Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 11, 2018
Great environment. I works along side other students getting their degrees at the school and needed the money. Easier job that allows you to do homework.
Student Worker
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 4, 2018
I was employed by UD as a student employee, this allowed me to gain relevant technical experience in a variety of my interests. I was able to make a little bit of money while in school, under the supervision of people who understood my priorities as a student.
Pros
flexible management
Cons
low pay
Fantastic equipment and lab
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 3, 2018
There are many fascinating instruments and lab devices to help in academic research. Professors are nice to communicate with. Fit ground, library, are very good for students to live.
Pros
convenient to academic research
Cons
low salary
study place
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 20, 2018
I just study in the university, I do not know why should I write something about my working experience in the university of Dayton. It is a good place to study. The professor here is so nice and I learn a lot in my major.
University of Dayton Research Review
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OhioMarch 11, 2018
Must be willing to work long hours but will be rewarded for hard work. Working smart goes a long way. Passion, drive, and innate curiosity will dictate success.
Good on-campus opportunity
Physics Tutor and Supplementary Instructor (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 11, 2018
As an SI leader, I sat in on class for specific physics sections and prepared lessons twice a week outside of class. The session are option for the students, but offer a more personalize time to help solve problems and answer questions.
Overview
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 5, 2018
As a Graduate Assistant at the University of Dayton, I had learned a new language C# and a new tool for 3D environment development, named Unity 3D. Work culture is pretty decent. The hardest part of Job is time management. As a one and only graduate Assistant, it was hard to deal all the project by myself.
fun work palce
RESEARCH ASSISTANT - SOFTWARE ENGINEERING (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 28, 2018
I really love working at University of Dayton as a research assistant. It has been an amazing experience working here. Since the teams are small, so each person has the opportunity to make a big impact. Work environment of Research assistant at University of Dayton encourages information sharing and enthusiastic debate between team members.
Seasonal Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH 45440February 13, 2018
Working for the UD grounds crew during the summer seasons helped me to earn a little money while I was getting my undergraduate degree. I found the other employees to be friendly and helpful, and the job itself was fairly enjoyable. It could be difficult work, but was satisfying to be able to see results immediately and being outdoors for work was, in general, very nice.
Collaborative, intellectually stimulating community
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Communication DepartmentJanuary 29, 2018
The Communication Department at the University of Dayton is a marvelous place to work. It’s work environment is community oriented, collaborative, and supportive. If a permanent position were available, I would definitely want to stay, and if I have to leave to find a full time position I would try to establish a similar work environment in my new position.
Pros
Flexible work hours, excellent benefits, wonderful work environment
Cons
limited full-time positions
Very positive environment
Visiting Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 9, 2018
I loved working at UD. I was given full autonomy to teach how I saw fit. In short, was trusted as a professional. I worked longer hours here because I was well supported and I enjoyed getting things done.
Pros
Great University
Cons
not a fan of the city of Dayton
I worked as a researcher and a intro dhem lab instructor I had wonderful bosses and coworkers
Introductory Chemistry Lab Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 2, 2018
Bio Researcher -
The lab environment was very inclusive, and relaxed. I was asked to take the lead on multiple projects and train people in different lab techniques. I was paid on time, and a good salary, and only stopped working because the research project ended.

Lab Intructor-
Students are granted the responsibility and honor of teaching. There are many resources to help the teacher create a lesson, and make sure they are teaching the correct thing.
Just OK
UD Emporium Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 20, 2017
There are other positions that may offer more stable work environment, but mine wasn't one of them. My schedule changed week to week and my hours were always different. Wouldn't have been a huge deal, but that was mentioned as something important to me in the interview changing from one job to the next in the company. Other than that, supervising children who do not want to work is quite a challenge.

These things were job specific though, and UD as a whole is a beautiful place that offers a lot to potential employees. The benefits were amazing, including free tuition to an amazing school.
Pros
Benefits including Free Tuition
Cons
Supervising inexperienced Young people
great place
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 5, 2017
paid fairly
good managers and co workers
uniform provided
many opportunities to get more hours
easy job
clean and well kept
did not have to do heavy duty labor
free lunxh
Seasonal Shop Worker (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 15, 2017
I enjoyed the free lunch program. I also enjoyed the students and staff. I would recommend this job to anyone. I felt the hardesr part was tge standing. The cleaning was easy.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
standing
Productive and fun place to work
Service Center Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 1, 2017
I learned many skills from working at the Help desk. The people are friendly and fun. Hardest part was the long hours. UD is a good place to work at :)
Good Place to Work
Cashier/Catering (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 26, 2017
Typical day is you come in, do your hours, you leave. Union based for full time workers. Benefits are great. Especially if you wanna take classes or have kids that wanna go to school.
Pros
full time worker can go to school for free and their kids
Cons
Can be a bit petty at times