University of Dayton Employee Reviews

Stay away!
Dining Services (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 26, 2018
It is the worst ran organization I have ever worked for. Management is awful! people are rude, ignorant and clueless. I am not one of the employees that is mad at the university because I am in bad standing or have issues at all. I am just trying to let someone know what I wish I could have known before working here!
Bargaining unit employees are under paid and over worked like slaves. And I am not even an bargaining unit employee.....IM MANAGEMENT!!!!!!
Management is not allowed to do their jobs and cant be nice with the empoyees and truthfully they are over worked!
I am warning you.....do not work there! You will hate it!
Productive and fun work place!
PhD Candidate (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 9, 2018
The more you expose your skills, the more opportunity you gain! I have liked the UD because you always end up with a new opportunity that satisfies you!
Great group of people
Campus Recreation Intramural Official (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 26, 2018
The University of Dayton Campus Recreation center does a great job of hiring student employees to both aid with facility operations and supervisor other employees. I thoroughly enjoyed working at UDCR and wish I had joined a lot sooner.
Pros
great people
Cons
no cons
Ud
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 19, 2018
I only have great things to say about UD. Exceptional faculty and staff. Everyone is laid back and professional at the same time.
Great benefits, great time off.
Good place to gain Case Management Skills
SHADOWED CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 7, 2018
I shadowed a case manager and I gained some really great skills. It was a great learning experience for my first time witnessing case management. The workplace culture was relaxed.
Amazing work environment and great place to learn for freshers
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 17, 2018
Managers and co-workers have commented on high levels of accuracy and work productivity.
Takes pride in work and strives to improve work performance..
Provides perfect environment for self development and generating ideas.
Energy Audit Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 10, 2018
Personally, my experience at University of Dayton taught me the basic skills for brain-storming and thinking outside the box. The academic environment pushes oneself for continuous improvement to live up to your potential.
Pros
Continuous learning, creative environment.
Cons
Low Financial Profits
Self-guided workplace with room to learn
Art & Design Studio Technician (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 9, 2018
This job gave me the unique ability to be able to walk into a space designed for making (whether that be a painting studio, photography lab, etc) and be able to quickly assess its needs and mentally rank them by importance/urgency!
Fun Environment
Competitive Sports Official (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 17, 2018
As a competitive sports official, I regularly interacted with other students my age. Supervisors are supportive especially in situations where participants are unhappy with calls; the supervisors will always back you up. Coworkers regularly create other intramural teams to participate in, and become friends beyond the workplace.
Great
Student Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 11, 2018
Great environment. I works along side other students getting their degrees at the school and needed the money. Easier job that allows you to do homework.
Student Worker
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 4, 2018
I was employed by UD as a student employee, this allowed me to gain relevant technical experience in a variety of my interests. I was able to make a little bit of money while in school, under the supervision of people who understood my priorities as a student.
Pros
flexible management
Cons
low pay
Fantastic equipment and lab
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 3, 2018
There are many fascinating instruments and lab devices to help in academic research. Professors are nice to communicate with. Fit ground, library, are very good for students to live.
Pros
convenient to academic research
Cons
low salary
study place
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 20, 2018
I just study in the university, I do not know why should I write something about my working experience in the university of Dayton. It is a good place to study. The professor here is so nice and I learn a lot in my major.
University of Dayton Research Review
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OhioMarch 11, 2018
Must be willing to work long hours but will be rewarded for hard work. Working smart goes a long way. Passion, drive, and innate curiosity will dictate success.
Good on-campus opportunity
Physics Tutor and Supplementary Instructor (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 11, 2018
As an SI leader, I sat in on class for specific physics sections and prepared lessons twice a week outside of class. The session are option for the students, but offer a more personalize time to help solve problems and answer questions.
Overview
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 5, 2018
As a Graduate Assistant at the University of Dayton, I had learned a new language C# and a new tool for 3D environment development, named Unity 3D. Work culture is pretty decent. The hardest part of Job is time management. As a one and only graduate Assistant, it was hard to deal all the project by myself.
fun work palce
RESEARCH ASSISTANT - SOFTWARE ENGINEERING (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 28, 2018
I really love working at University of Dayton as a research assistant. It has been an amazing experience working here. Since the teams are small, so each person has the opportunity to make a big impact. Work environment of Research assistant at University of Dayton encourages information sharing and enthusiastic debate between team members.
Seasonal Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH 45440February 13, 2018
Working for the UD grounds crew during the summer seasons helped me to earn a little money while I was getting my undergraduate degree. I found the other employees to be friendly and helpful, and the job itself was fairly enjoyable. It could be difficult work, but was satisfying to be able to see results immediately and being outdoors for work was, in general, very nice.
Collaborative, intellectually stimulating community
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Communication DepartmentJanuary 29, 2018
The Communication Department at the University of Dayton is a marvelous place to work. It’s work environment is community oriented, collaborative, and supportive. If a permanent position were available, I would definitely want to stay, and if I have to leave to find a full time position I would try to establish a similar work environment in my new position.
Pros
Flexible work hours, excellent benefits, wonderful work environment
Cons
limited full-time positions
Very positive environment
Visiting Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 9, 2018
I loved working at UD. I was given full autonomy to teach how I saw fit. In short, was trusted as a professional. I worked longer hours here because I was well supported and I enjoyed getting things done.
Pros
Great University
Cons
not a fan of the city of Dayton