University of Dayton Employee Reviews

I went to a camp there
Camper (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 8, 2018
I attended an engineering camp at the University of Dayton. I learned what defines the four most popular kinds of engineering: Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, and Electrical.
Nice place to work
Parking Services Representative P-T (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 28, 2018
I'm in a different position now and the hours are bad. There isn't a work- life balance, but hope it gets better. My first position with the University was nice I loved the team I worked with however, the pay was too low.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Nice University to study in.
Counseling Intern (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 22, 2018
If you want an internship, you have to find one yourself.?It was difficult not being paid as an intern. The curriculum was good, however. The instructors were good as well.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Expensive school
Friendly, fun
Sr Adm Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH 45402October 14, 2018
Extreme division between academics and administrative staff. Low salaries for administrative / professional staff. Few advancement opportunities for admin positions.
Pros
Edcuation
Cons
salary
Work life Balance
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kettering LabsOctober 9, 2018
Learn New thing from the mistake.
Mangetime along with Assignments
Make thing easier by detailed explanation.
Most enjoybale part of the work is team work
Pros
Team Discussions, Free lunch, Games
Cons
Get less hours to work
Horrible
Dining Services (Former Employee) –  DaytonOctober 8, 2018
Bad place too work management treat u like garbage they treat their employees like slaves people were in the bathroom crying it's a very prejudice work enviroment!
Pros
You work hard and see the results!
Facility Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 25, 2018
Many of the dorms and houses on campus are left in bad condition, so seeing the transformation into a brand new and great looking place to live is a great feeling.
Campus Operator
Campus Operator/Computer Operations (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 23, 2018
My previous skills as an operator for Bell Telephone Company allowed me to seamlessly fit in to this position, I was able to be an asset for The University of Dayton. They were also extremely generous with their benefits. I was able to put my daughter thru college because of their generosity.
Pros
Telephone work which I truly enjoy and skillful with
Disappointed
Senior Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH 45469September 19, 2018
I had worked there for 26 1/2 years until this new director was hired. She stressed me so much I had a massive heart attack while at work. She fired me within 1 year. Racial Motivated.
fun workplace with good coworkers, friendly and welcoming enviroment
Dining Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 18, 2018
The management was good. A typical day at work was easy and sometimes, but very rarely stressful. I learned how to clean different things and how to work with and around people with all kinds of races, cultures, religions, ethnicities,and backgrounds. The job didn't have a hard part. The easiest part of the job was the job itself because the things I did in a typical day were simple things to do and easy to get done.
Pros
Good work environment, friendly co-workers, good managment
Cons
You could only work nine months out of the year, and it was hard getting on to full-time
Volunteer position.
Fundraising Chair, Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 11, 2018
This was a volunteer position. It was a great experience. This is not a position obtainable outside the Univesity of Dayton Community. This is a volunteer position.
good, it was only part time for one semester
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 4, 2018
supportive
allowed for flexibility in teaching
excellent tech support
lots of resources available
the position was only for one semester but it was a great learning experience
Pros
acess to campus
Cons
no guarantee of teaching each semester
Community really is a value -- depending on which department you're in
Grad Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 31, 2018
UD has a great potential to be the ideal workplace. The college values community, collaboration, social justice and kindness. However, not every department on campus truly embodies these values. Make sure you do your due diligence, take someone from the department out to coffee, and get the inside scoop on whether the workplace environment in that department is truly in line with the university's values or not. If it is, you're in for a real treat. Some of the best learning and working experience I've ever had happened here when I was in the right spot.
Diverse and informative University workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 25, 2018
A very good place for people who have children who will attend the college. Benefits are very good, health insurance,401k tuition remission. on site training.
Pros
paid vacation time and health care
Cons
pay
Stay away!
Dining Services (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 26, 2018
It is the worst ran organization I have ever worked for. Management is awful! people are rude, ignorant and clueless. I am not one of the employees that is mad at the university because I am in bad standing or have issues at all. I am just trying to let someone know what I wish I could have known before working here!
Bargaining unit employees are under paid and over worked like slaves. And I am not even an bargaining unit employee.....IM MANAGEMENT!!!!!!
Management is not allowed to do their jobs and cant be nice with the empoyees and truthfully they are over worked!
I am warning you.....do not work there! You will hate it!
Marvelous experience working at this university.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 13, 2018
Administration and staff were helpful in orienting me in proper procedures and training was easily available to master the available office equipment and technology in the lecture halls.
Productive and fun work place!
PhD Candidate (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 9, 2018
The more you expose your skills, the more opportunity you gain! I have liked the UD because you always end up with a new opportunity that satisfies you!
Great group of people
Campus Recreation Intramural Official (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 26, 2018
The University of Dayton Campus Recreation center does a great job of hiring student employees to both aid with facility operations and supervisor other employees. I thoroughly enjoyed working at UDCR and wish I had joined a lot sooner.
Pros
great people
Cons
no cons
Ud
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 19, 2018
I only have great things to say about UD. Exceptional faculty and staff. Everyone is laid back and professional at the same time.
Great benefits, great time off.
Good place to gain Case Management Skills
SHADOWED CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 7, 2018
I shadowed a case manager and I gained some really great skills. It was a great learning experience for my first time witnessing case management. The workplace culture was relaxed.