University of Delaware Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Records Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 16, 2018
The University is a wonderful campus and great place to work. I enjoyed going to college there and working part time. They employ many student part time there.
Pros
you can work there while getting your degree
Cons
pay is not great
Freedom for creativity
Delaware Community Engagement Initiative (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 16, 2018
Environment that inspires a collaborative mindset and creates opportunities for individual creativity - that is, there is much freedom within workplace
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No healthcare/benefits
Productive, collaborative, and friendly environment
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 13, 2018
The professors and TAs I have had the pleasure of working with at Delaware are extremely kind and easy to work with. I never feel afraid to ask questions and work together with them. Great environment, and I would recommend applying as a TA to anyone.
Pros
Great resume booster
long hours, but rewarding for the knowledge you learn
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 10, 2018
worked long hours, on average at least 10 hours a day. but in synthetic chemistry thats not unheard of. was nice learning new techniques and reactions.
Lab experience
Research Chemist (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 8, 2018
This university offers prestigious use of instruments in the laboratory while being monitored. Also training is effective, and depending on the topic of research you are studying, it is possible to attain certifications for specific instruments.
Pros
Food accessibility
Cons
Parking
The most enjoyable part of the job was making a difference in the department
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 3, 2018
It was great to try something different. The most enjoyable part of the job was making a difference in the department. Each department is run a bit differently.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
low wages
A nurturing work environment that fosters individual growth
Library Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Newark, DE 19716July 2, 2018
With many learning opportunities and with the recent focus on Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, The University of Delaware is both an interesting and comfortable work environment that focuses on the potential of each individual and their professional growth as well as their interpersonal growth.
Pros
Learning opportunites, great benefits. comfortable environment
Cons
Low wages, raises only cover increases in parking and healthcare
Productive and relaxed work environment
Box Office Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Hockessin, DEJune 29, 2018
This job was an extremely relaxed and friendly place to work. The management was very welcoming and were able to provide me with the skills and qualities demanded in this work force. Overall, this job helped me to develop skills in customer service along with advanced organization and dedication to the task at hand.
Pros
Friendly management, meals provided
Learned a lot
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 25, 2018
I learned a lot while working here during graduate school. I probably got more opportunities to do research as a masters student than I would have someplace else.
School with a lot of money
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 12, 2018
Find the right person and this school will give you a ton of money to be a graduate student. Huge funding opportunities for anyone who asks. Hard to say much because it's a huge school and I only dealt with a tiny fraction of people.
I volunteered
Server (Former Employee) –  DelawareJune 12, 2018
It was nice to see all the college kids enjoying the games going on. I helped make meals and serve. I went to multiple games and did concessions for UD.
Great School
Volunteer Income Tax Assistant Internship (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 6, 2018
Good experience, especially in the business school. Math department isn't great there. Campus is nice and students are friendly. School work is hard but the education offered is worth it.
Lovely people, interesting work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DEJune 5, 2018
When management was good, job culture was excellent. Very interesting people doing interesting work. Usual gossip and such but it was a very good work experience.
Pros
Benefit package
Excellent jobs for students at UD
Part-time jobs while still a student. (Current Employee) –  Ice Rink and Student CentersJune 2, 2018
Many part-time jobs available for students at UD with flexible hours. The management is good and training is provided. If you want to work while being a student, it's easy to fit these jobs into your schedule.
Great
Classroom Assistant & Tutor of Mathematics (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 31, 2018
Great. I loved working for the University of Delaware. Everyone there always made sure I powered thorugh the toughest days. The staff is amazing no matter where I worked.
Excellent work place and professors
Poultry Production Work Study (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 25, 2018
Being involved in the University of Delaware work experience was an extremely educational experience. The professors in charge of this project were exceptionally helpful, laid back, and always willing to help the students learn.
Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  NYMay 23, 2018
Fast paced, little guidance, extremely busy/competitive/stressful, expensive. The internship prepared me for my current field of practice. The internship was brutal yet educational.
Worked as a Graduate Assistant
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 19, 2018
While at the university, I worked as a graduate assistant. Faculty and staff were all very kind and helpful. I learned a lot both in the classroom and through the research that I worked on.
slow and very relaxed
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 3, 2018
everything was like an assembly line. which made the job easy for all us. everybody helped each other out. we kept all of our areas clean so when it was time for clean up it wasn't really much to do.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
low checks
great place to learn and develop oneself
Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 19, 2018
I did my PhD at University of Delaware and worked as a graduate research assistant. It is a great place to work, but can be more competitive. I owe my scientific development to my mentor and Udel.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Delaware. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight