University of Delaware
4.3

University of Delaware Employee Reviews

United States360 reviews
Productive engagemnent with students
Basically, every needed tool, material, equipment need for my class is provided ahead of time. This makes my demonstrations and teaching pretty easy.
Gran lugar para aprender.
Tuve una gran experiencia trabajando en UD. Aprendí de expertos en el campo y pude obtener experiencia práctica en investigación de políticas
Wide range of research opportunity and good quality education
My experience at University of Delaware has been overwhelming. I had the opportunity to take graduate level courses which help me understand the theory very well and my research work also has been a unique experience. I have learnt a lot and recently the output are showing as I'm successfully working on a variety of projects and publishing frequently at top notch journals.
got this job while an job training program
i was there for 2 years as stock boy & it was wonderful to work at almost every campus store at the time i was there working & everyday i work there i always gave 110% to the job & always work hard.
Lower pay but benefits can't be beat
When interviewing understand the job duties. Push them on getting an exact idea of your day to day, and make sure you won't be bored or in over your head.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I love working here. I love the students and co-workers
My day at work involves working with the UD students. I provide inpatient care and also work in the clinic area.
I have worked here for 19 years and it is one of the best jobs I have had.

No hard part.

I have great connection with everyone.

My supervisor gives me a lot of time on the schedule

We may be downsizing soon, and I feel so sad about leaving

I am Blessed with this job for 19 years.
Autonomy in the classroom is a plus / Work/life balance is difficult
As long I address the learning outcomes in the syllabus, I can teach the way that is best for the students in each class. My supervisor trusts me to do whatever is necessary to create the best learning environment. I can vary and adapt the activities, create new materials, select any learning format that works, and use my experience and discretion to guide my instruction. I really enjoy having this freedom because I can give each group of students exactly what serves them best.
My colleagues at the ELI are wonderful! We always help each other and meet regularly to work on projects together. With a level coordinator for each class level, class objectives/learning outcomes are clear. Working with amazing colleagues is so helpful and creates a great work atmosphere!

Typically, each day begins as soon as I wake up (around 5:00 a.m.). I check my email to be sure there are no emergencies or student requests and then do whatever is needed so I am ready to teach that day.

I sometimes grade or score students' work while I am eating breakfast.

After arriving at work around 8:00, I prepare for the class, which begins at 8:15 (check that class materials are in order,etc.)

I usually teach two classes every weekday. In an eight-week session, these classes are one hour and forty minutes long: in a seven-week session, the classes are about two hours long because I must teach the same material with fewer class meetings. After finishing my instruction for the day, I meet with students in hours set aside for this purpose. Three office hours are required weekly, but if students
 - more...
It’s a university.
It’s a state university. Applied Mathematics program was wonderful, not sure about the pure mathematics program. If you like the physical sciences or engineering, go ahead and try UD. Go Blue Hens!
Fun
It is a school job. I listed it because it is the lab. It is a good school to go to but if there is someone actually reading this here it is absolutely going to be a different experience
Athletic Training Student
Student Athletic Trainer working with various UD sports during pre season, in season & out of season. Coverage of games & practices. Travel with teams
Flexible hours and rewarding work.
Flexible hours, good pay, fun to see students advancing in their learning. Recommend for anyone looking to see if they like teaching and to develop their own critical thinking skills.
Good job! But...
I like the job I hold but as a student worker they don’t provide enough hours to be sustainable income. The management is incredibly helpful and is always willing to answer any questions you have.
It is a great service to work with.
It was an excellent experience for me as a Gods end for me to be there as needed and wanted. I met new people and college friends alongside great professors and faculty down there near where I live now for over 30+years as a representative of 2 states in my country.
Knowledge definitely brought more light in the field of urban forestry. I wish I could be a postdoc or a faculty.
Daily work is great and more than enough.
I learned

Management and supervision is excellent.

The workplace culture has a lot of room for improvement (diversity, inclusion, equity)

I am still new to the job so I cannot pinpoint my hardest day.

Getting the results and completing the courses, research projects and attending conference meetings were the most enjoyable part of the job.
Dedicated
Salary is OK. Paid time off is awesome. Health Insurance is awesome. Tuition and retirement benefits are awesome. Working with students is very rewarding.
Fast paced research and development in the cutting edge
Typical day at work may include a routine office related work as well as daily maintenance. It really depends what you are trying to achieve at where you work.
Great working in the Dispensary
I thoroughly working in the Laurel Hall, Student Health Services Dispensary.

My co-workers are very helpful as well as my manager.

I thoroughly enjoy working with the students and nurses and physicians.
Super fun place to work, Excellent Benefits
UD is a fun place to work, depending on your department, and offers excellent benefits to it's employees. The hardest part of my position is that there was no formal training, which makes it difficult to feel totally comfortable that I know what I am doing and that I am doing it correctly. My workplace is filled with very busy, but nice people... The University offers a gym membership and employee fitness classes that I attend; along with offering employees free continued education classes, to which I also take advantage of.
productive
amazing experience working with international exchange students learn cultures all over the world travel and meet a range of people in other countries
Great Place for students ... not so much emp
The Chair of the department I worked in was very condescending and often didn’t articulate what exactly she wanted. When I did the work the way she told me it ended up not being good enough for her and would make it out to be my fault. l and made me feel incompetent. BA who was my supervisor was very untrustworthy. Faculty have tenure so HR doesn’t do anything about how they treat people.Took a month to get access to computers and the programs you have to use.
Pros
Hours, Pay, Benefits, Tuition
Cons
Condescending Management, Pretentious Faculty, Hr
This is a great place to work for the benefits, but management will always be an issue. Work life balance doesn’t exist.
Not a lot of jobs have upward mobility, but if you’re happy in your job, the benefits are worth it. Management positions aren’t always given to people with leadership skills, so poor leadership and vision get rewarded in many departments. There are amazing people who work here, but the ineffective leadership in many areas tarnished that good work. Make sure you are working for one of the good ones when you apply.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Delaware. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight