University of Denver Employee Reviews

Best Jobs I've Ever Had
Student Attorney (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 4, 2018
As a law student, I was involved in multiple jobs for multiple professors and bosses. I have to say it was the most fun, albeit being a bit overworked (self inflicted), job I've ever had. I loved law school.
Pros
free lunches and talks
Productive and fun
Marketing Assistant-Sodexo (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 30, 2018
Working here was great and I enjoyed my overall experience as a student employee. Constant growth, change. Working for this company has helped develop my professional business skills as well as my personal life skills because of the constant challenge to raise the bar and strive for better systems/services.
I was lucky to work there
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  University of DenverAugust 27, 2018
I appreciated the laid back, open minded environment on a beautiful campus with many fun benefits year round such as clubs, fitness classes, tuition waiver, an annual 5k, guest speakers, TIAA employer matching and lots of professional development.
Pros
Lovely Campus
Cons
Departments can be "silos"
Great Place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 27, 2018
Great experience, and people really care about your career. They will go to bat for you after school and help you get that position on your resume that will make the difference later on.
Wonderful Work Environment for Students
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 1, 2018
I loved every minute of my job at DU. The people were great and I am still great friends with them all. I stop in the office frequently just to say hello.
Great environment
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 24, 2018
It has been a great experience working at the University of Denver. The atmosphere is very energetic and the administration really cares for its students.
Du
Dean's Liaison for Special Projects and Recruiting (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 23, 2018
DU was the start of it all for me in Colorado. The experiences learned from this institution is the foundation of my knowledge in facing legal and solving problems in an efficient and effective manner.
Pros
Creativity Welcome
Cons
Lack of Diveristy
Depends on your position
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 20, 2018
In my current role there is very little opportunity for advancement. The culture has shifted greatly since I started from collaboration and new possibilities to one that is very divided and restricted. An entirely new IT management structure was put in place recently and very hard lines of communication and responsibilities were implemented. Now everything is micromanaged by all levels, which has lead to workflows moving very slowly. It has also lead to many items falling through the cracks. Meetings are now set based on your title, not your involvement in the project. Requests and emails regularly go unanswered and update meetings have been shelved. While there are absolutely some good people there and some really good perks, upper management has recently put a big damper on the culture.
Pros
Great perks, good people
Cons
micro-management, no opportunity for advancement, poor lines of communication
Fantastic
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 19, 2018
Free of micromanagement, great environment, with great coworkers it was an easy way to pay the bills while i was going to class.Would go back for another job
Strong research program.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 3, 2018
Strong research program, and easy to find a project that you want to work on. The school offers a lot to professors and research assistants, and helps you connect with other research programs.
Good internship
Undergraduate Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 2, 2018
It was a means to an end. Needed work allowance to pay for tuition. Good programs in the sciences. Good school, good programs to make this happen. Highly recommend.
Du
Financial Aid Specialist for Student Employment (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 28, 2018
University of Denver is a small private university in south Denver. The university as an employer is very good about giving employees the chance to use tuition waivers, which in a way balances out the low pay.
Amazing Organization
Marketing Communications Manager / Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 12, 2018
DU is my alma mater twice over. It is just as exciting to work there as it was to attend. DU employees adhere to its mission. They are ethical, and the entire organization is filled with integrity. At DU, everyone works to ensure the students and staff have the best possible experience possible. I would return in a heartbeat.
Fun academic environment
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 6, 2018
This position was especially rewarding when teaching MSW students about theories, applying it to their internships, watching them grow and develop professionally.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
poor pay
Higher ed- in transition
Finance and Budget (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 17, 2018
DU, like all others in higher education, is in transition. If you do not manage change well, do not apply. If you do well with change, then apply, you may like it.
Great people, great work
Writing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 8, 2018
You really understand how important your work is. This place has great people who care about you first, and they really listen to the feedback you give them. I feel I've gained a firmer grasp on English language, customer service, and listening skills.
N/a
Executive Assistant, Advancement Operations (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 4, 2018
Mission. The mission of the University of Denver is to promote learning by engaging with students in advancing scholarly inquiry, cultivating critical and creative thought, and generating knowledge. Our active partnerships with local and global communities contribute to a sustainable common good.
The Kids are Alright
Gymnastics Instructor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 25, 2018
Most of the children here are pleasant human beings who enjoy the sport and are enthusiastic to learn more about it. The classes are on a very tight schedule, so everything is very organized.
Biological Laboratory Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 9, 2018
Gave me the necessary tools to advance in my career of choice. Was able to learn certain laboratory techniques and skills above and beyond what the normal classroom offered.
Average
Campus Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 24, 2018
The department is well organized but has the same downfalls as any other A-typical security position. Overall, there is room for advancement but your personal life will be compromised.