UNIVERSITY OF EVANSVILLE Employee Reviews

management
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 23, 2018
Lack of leadership and clearly defined responsibilities of the job are clearly evident. There were too many repercussions for things that were misunderstood. The level of punishment and the way it is carried out is generally the same regardless of the mistake made.
Slow paced non stressfull job with free education for children.
Senior Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 14, 2018
U.E. is a good place to work if you have children wanting to go to school here. The pay and insurance are sub par. Most working employees cant afford the health insurance, but if you can it is good. The pay is sub par for what is expected and there is no advancement opportunities
easy going work place
Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 2, 2018
easy going work place,low stress levels .you work year round no lay offs,the pay isn't the greatest but has good benefits.you work outdoors in heat and the cold.
Workstudy
Front Desk Associate and Referee (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 14, 2018
This was a work study, so it was way more lowkey than Indeed will let me say. However, this requires me to say more. The reffing was fun and the front desk associate position was super chill, yet rewarding.
UE is a wonderful place to intern
First Year Seminar Teaching Intern (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 5, 2018
The professors and staff are extremely supportive and genuinely wish to pass on as much knowledge as possible. Although interns may assume a great deal of responsibility it is never excessive and professors remain in constant communication with their interns.
University of Evansville
Graduate Assistant/Assistant swimming&diving coach (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 24, 2017
The university provides a safe, collaborative work environment for employees. There is a large desire for diversity acceptance, broad international exploration, and desire for education.
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 6, 2017
I enjoy working here. Nice staff and good faculty support. I enjoy the interactions with students as well. Whenever I have an IT issue, I always have IT available to help.
High Paced
Senior Associate Athletics Director (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 11, 2017
Wear many hats and have to stick to deadlines.

Several managers to report to.

Quick paced.

Great teamwork.

Good bosses.

Nice office space.

Keeps you young!
Productive and welcmoming environment
Tutor, School of Business (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 8, 2017
People are friendly, welcoming, willing to help and to coach you when needed. numerous opportunities to get involved in different activities in the community.
Academic setting with definite perference for the male gender, good benefits
Associate Professor of Physical Therapy (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 7, 2017
A typical day included teaching in both lecture and lab formats, committee meetings, class preparation, grading, advising students. I learned how to teach in an organized fashion, patience, how to transfer classroom teaching to patient teaching. My direct supervisor was excellent and supportive. She is no longer with the department but has a higher administrative position at the University. The workplace culture was unbalanced, with preference in advancement and salary weighted toward men. The hardest part of the job was balancing its demands with family life. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with students in their development toward becoming physical therapists and physical therapist assistants.
Inclusive environment to work in
academic coach (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 26, 2017
I am a student employee at the university so my experience is slightly different than anyone else's say working in administration. But the college is small yet inclusive and filled with very friendly people who are enjoyable to work with.
The perfect team and the perfect job.
Assistant Professor of Physical Therapy (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 25, 2017
A passionate and creative team that is supportive, selfless, driven toward transformative industry change, and dedicated to excellence. This is my dream job in every way.
Pros
Best team I have ever had the pleasure to work with.
Cons
Not enough hours in the day.
Wonderful environment for work/study combination
Admissions Office Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 16, 2016
Typical day may include data entry of prospective students, filing test scores or applications, preparing mailings, and other odd jobs deemed necessary by employer. The people are warm and friendly, promoting a positive, relaxed work environment which makes the job very enjoyable and I look forward to working every day!
Pros
Great work environement, good work and study balance, friendly people, flexible hours
Cons
Office temperature is cold
University Life
Desk Worker (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 16, 2016
Great university, valued education and teaching students about high-minded subjects, wish I could be in college forever, minus the homework.
Incredible resources and a supportive environment
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 20, 2015
A typical day consisted of lab work, project evaluations, and literature review. I learned instrumental skills as an undergrad with instruments not generally available at undergraduate institutions. In addition, working with expensive instrumentation taught me confidence and respect for laboratory procedures. Management was supportive. The hardest part of the job was overcoming daily obstacles, like instrument break-downs. The most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom to explore ideas and determine where the research project was going.
Good opportunity for work during college
Resident Assistant Program (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 2, 2014
I enjoyed working for the college while I was in school. I have nothing bad to say about them.
A wonderful place to work
Secretary's or Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 18, 2013
As an undergraduate student at UE, I held multiple work study positions, depending on what was available to me at the time, and I was only allowed to work part-time for each position because of my heavy course load. Between my classes, I would spend a few hours at a time at work, either performing clerical duties, tutoring, or overseeing lab activities. I thoroughly enjoyed all of the jobs I worked at UE because of the wonderful management, the flexible hours, and friendly co-workers.
Faculty
Adjunct faculty (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 15, 2013
Like to work in a environment where people work in collaborative way, sharing ideas and using different ways of thinking to meet the company's bottom line.
Pros
On site Gym
Cons
Lack of Diversity
Execellent for a student
Resident Students Association Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 6, 2013
Great job for a student to have but you have to be elected to it. I gained leadership experience and had a fun time doing so all while getting paid
Pros
Leadership experience, fun work environment
Cons
Little pay, not much advancement opportunity, few hours
Job security
Safety and Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 13, 2013
On a typical day of work we patrol the campus answering any calls we may get emergency and nonemergency. While patrolling we make sure that the students and campus are safe and secure and question anyone who looks as though they may not belong. We are also in charge of locking and unlocking all of the campus buildings on a daily basis. In general all the co-workers and managers get along well, which makes for a easier and more laid back work environment.
Pros
the ability to patrol and stop people at your own discretion
Cons
healthcare, hourly rate is not very competitive, hardly any room for advancment