University of Florida Employee Reviews

The best job I ever had!
VETERINARY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 9, 2019
Excellent facility and amazing team of veterinarians, veterinary nurses, veterinary students, and everyone else that contributes to the success of the teaching hospital.
Pros
Can pick up as many shifts as you want
Technician (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 8, 2019
All jobs have ups and downs at time, but overall UF is a great place to work. Job security and benefits. You are very lucky if you are able to get employed there.
Great place
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 6, 2019
The University of Florida is one of the greatest institutions in the country. Great place to work and learn. I would highly recommend it to anyone. Go Gators!
Professionally acknowledged in cancer journals for proofreading
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 4, 2019
Solid background in all aspects of administrative and procedures with strong organizational and people skills. A self-motivated employee and an effective communicator with a proven ability to:
• Work independently on assigned projects
• Establish and maintain a professional environment
• Ability to pay attention to details of simultaneous projects
• Coordinate and manage special and promotional events
• Create and work in a team environment

Detailed-oriented, reliable employee who is
• Highly motivated
• Professional
• Flexible and adept at resolving issues
• Able to maintain confidentiality
• Has strong communication and organizational skills
• Enjoys and thrives in a fast-paced work environment
Good place, nice people
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 2, 2019
I love this place very much. Good place to study, great variety of choices of courses and projects. since it is the leading university in Florida, it is well supported.
Wildlife Biologist (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLFebruary 2, 2019
There is a great variety of positions within the university. From my experience, the leadership is good and the culture is excellent. Definitely recommend.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
lower pay
It Was A Decent environment but it wasn’t A job that make You feel comfortable
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 30, 2019
A typical day at work would be just cleaning I really didn’t learn anything but what was expected for the job the most enjoyable part was The break the hardest part was when you have a manger watching everything you do which is uncomfortable when trying to work
Pros
N/a
Cons
Short breaks
Productive & fun workplace. Faculty, staff & students are all working to better themselves.
Clerk Typist/Secretary/Sr. Sec./Asst. Editor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 29, 2019
I loved the security and status of being a University of Florida employee. It would have been incredibly difficult for me to afford to finish my bachelor's degree if my tuition had not been reimbursed. There's a great feeling on campus because everyone--faculty, staff & students--are working to better themselves.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, job security
Cons
Lower wages
Productive work place
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 29, 2019
Very competitive and exciting. Research topics are very diverse which lets you explore different areas of the field. The multicultural environment helps you relax during off time.
Competitive and great place to learn
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 23, 2019
My typical day would consist of conducting experiments to validate and optimize the test results. Validating the results helped me strengthen my analytical skills. It offers a great workplace culture and an opportunity to interact with people from different parts of the world
Day to day was a coin toss if it would end well or not
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 21, 2019
Odd mixture of academic and government management ,state and federal, rules enforced depending on no particular reason or person in charge . Layers of plausible deniability built into positions of responsibility
The chairman of the department
Associate Professor of Medicine (Former Employee) –  1300 ARCHER RD GAINESVILLE FL. 32601January 19, 2019
The chairman of the departement was the best I ever encounter in my life in many several insttutions i USA

He wss very good and act with justice. No discrination and very companionate about your weakneess
Pros
when i retired they want to keep me as teaching professor
Cons
Very professional and fun place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lem Turner and Lila Jacksonville FloridaJanuary 18, 2019
I enjoy working out wish I was still there but it was only temporary thank you 3 days out the week I work with a podiatrist the other several days out the week I worked in the lab as a phlebotomist working with the podiatrist I wrap and unwrap dressing removes stitches and Staples order Supplies kept inventory of supplies one of the most enjoyable place I've ever worked with in my career I truly miss the place
Pros
Everybody looked out for each other very profeossional, and a great place to work, they gave a free lunch every week, make sure that we was in tune with everybody from the patience to the staff.
Cons
I truly enjoyed working there and I truly miss it
not exciting
Postdoctoral Fellow, (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 13, 2019
not Exciting, nothing much to say. The PI of the lab I worked was a person hard to work with neded me to be working. resting taking breaks were nit existence
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 11, 2019
Was a research assistant at UF
PI was passionate and able to balance hard work with graduate courseload
Research introduced new topics for advancement of topic
company offers fair benefits
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 11, 2019
Job security is sketchy depending on funding and change of management. Flexibility in schedule varied and was loosely managed with little guidance. Jobs at UF were mostly "baptism by fire".
Good environment for Research
Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 10, 2019
I love this university as everything is organized and there is a friendly environment which everyone can get adapted to the new position. Good Management.
Casual Professional Environment
End User Computing Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 8, 2019
UF provides a casual work environment. It is open and welcomes particularly in the Pediatrics Department. There is opportunity to grow within UF as a whole, perhaps not in your division. Often UF requires workers to work a year or so OPS before getting TEAMS
Pros
Laid back, opportunity for growth, education opportunities.
Cons
PARKING is horrible, traffic
N/a
Accounting Grad. Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 5, 2019
Does not seem to reward or promote based on work put in and results but based on seniority. Beautiful campus to work on. Offers good benefits. Great sports team.
R and D
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 4, 2019
Very bad research is done at UF. Can not be compared with top universities. The PI is doing research but did not know why he is doing? He had a DARPA funding and lost it in a few months and I have to leave all of sudden.
Pros
If you dont want to do anything join there.
Cons
Research is very poor.