University of Florida Employee Reviews

University of Florida
Agriculture (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 5, 2018
Incredible climate for continuous improvement, collaboration and learning. Unfortunately, there is a bend towards publish or perish and a sense of status chasing as an "elite university."
Excellent place to work
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Alachua, FLOctober 31, 2018
The job was a great job for me, the job taught me a lot about the job I was doing also had training to understand better. I work a lot on my own with the job I was doing. Once you learn and understand the job you are on your own to get it done.
Pros
Excellent staff in the department i worked for.
Cons
very strict.
good place to work
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 29, 2018
uf in Gainesville is a nice place, and good balance between life and work. UF is a very friendly place for internationals. lots of good food from everywhere.
Productive, learning, challenging and purpose driven environment.
Scientific Laboratory Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 27, 2018
Planing in the morning for the rest of the day and a backup plan for the unexpected situations of the day. I learned that I loved to pass on knowledge and I can sit down one on one in order to make sure the task is execute correctly. The workplace culture is nothing but competitive, everyone takes on a task and contributes to the grand project of coming together for the teaching goal. Sometimes the hardest part of the job was the quantity for preparation, it does required a great deal of prior organization. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the student success come a reality, that makes of all the work put in worth it. Be part of the their career track is priceless.
Pros
Management freedom
Cons
I think salary at the staff level should be more competitive.
Provided so much education and knowledge
Clinical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 25, 2018
I was able to use the skills I learned at UF and apply them to my current job. The work culture was awesome and the fact they were willing to train and teach is great.
High pace productive work environment
Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 24, 2018
The company underscores its mission in every department. Many days are fast paced with competing work tasks. The company culture support work-life balance and provides a lot of opportunities for employees to achieve financial, career, and emotional wellness.
Good working environment.
Fiscal Assistant to Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Department of Health Education and BehaviorOctober 23, 2018
Advancement in career is usually a result of applying for promotions through different Colleges/Departments which meant changing work locations and titles within the University system.
Pros
Variety of work assignments.
Cons
Difficult to promote or raise salary without change in Department.
Graduate Assistant
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 22, 2018
I worked as an assistant to one of the school of music's studios. Assisting the undergraduates and helping them improve is the best part. The worst part might be parts of the pay/contract. They did pay you for your work but then would charge you fees for going to school to work.
Pros
Rewarding, Fun, Great Atmosphere
Cons
Fees
Excellent
Clinical Research Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 17, 2018
Excellent place to work! Benefits are unmatched by any other local institutions. Compensation for nurses is also the best in the area. The culture of the workplace is great
Uf
IT Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 16, 2018
Good place to work to further the education of the next generation. The work is very rewarding and has great opportunities to interact with and educate future employees.
Productive workplace with inspiring and supportive colleagues
Graduate Instructor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 16, 2018
Productive workplace with inspiring and supportive colleagues.
That is all I have to say in this context and I'm surprised that you force a response with a 150 character minimum on this question.
Challenging and intensive problem solving
Research Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 10, 2018
As a research volunteer, you are expected to work on real world problems requiring learning and applying new skills everyday. You are rewarded with growing your knowledge outside of coursework and trying new things.
Great place to work!!!
Custodial Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 8, 2018
UF is a great place to work, great benefits and atmosphere, miss working for this great institution, the staff is very friendly, miss working with students and my former staff.
Great coworkers but managment needs work
IT Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 2, 2018
I love my coworkers but there is a huge disparity of communication between our team and our director. Our work load is poorly managed and we are constantly overloaded with work. The work is also made much harder and more complex due to poor communication and discovery.
It is a great experience working in UF
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 30, 2018
It is a great experience working in UF but for some reason, I have to move on. It's a great place to learn. great weather.
Its great to be a Florida Gators.
Thanks,
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Not easy to get extension of work visa
I was an undergraduate research assistant. Because of this I had a simple job to do and as long as I did what I had to do, there was minimal stress.
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 26, 2018
My time as an undergraduate research assistant at the University of Florida was excellent. Every shift, I was given an assignment, and as long as I managed my time properly, the job was completed and everyone was happy.
Pros
Workers consistently help each other
Cons
Some data collection is tedious
Productive Workplace
Human Resources Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 25, 2018
Working at the University of Florida taught me a lot about Human Resources, Recruiting, and Job Placement. It also gave me a chance to learn how to work with other departments in helping the find the perfect employer for the position that needed to be filled.
Blossoming research programs with many peers
Teaching Assistant Organic Chemistry Lab (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 20, 2018
There are many research groups to choose from in all the chemical disciplines, with new facilities and cutting edge instrumentation. The course work for graduate students is challenging, but it prepares you for research.
One Big Joke
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 18, 2018
Would you stay at a job if:
- you were paid peanuts
- management did not care about the well-being of employees
- employees have to pay upwards of $500/yr to park on-campus
- there were no personal or professional development opportunities (programs are in place, but it is up to your immediate supervisor to allow you to participate)
- there were no opportunities for career advancement
- the hiring system was flawed
- the organization was bureaucratic
- your work was not valued
????
Pros
$190/mo for family health care
Cons
See review narrative
My job is very inforrmative
Data Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 17, 2018
I am currently a graduate student at the University of Florida, Gainesville, working on my masters of
science degree in Information Systems and Operation Management. Some Strength of mine includes
being a self-motivated hard worker. As a business student, I am often required to work independently on
my own business projects, requiring me to be accurate and consistent as I work. In addition, I am able to
successfully maintain a good grade point average while working part-time as a data analyst intern to earn
real-time