University of Florida Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Great place for career-seekers
Coding Reimbursement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 10, 2018
Incredible pay and benefits and generous paid leave. Tuition reimbursement also available. Wonderful campus and upbeat environment. The hardest part of the job was leaving.
great place to work
Engineering Hydraulics Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 27, 2018
great place to work while you are a full time student. they are very flexible with the schedule which helps a lot when you are a full time student at the university
Good LE Agency
Police Officer/Detective (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 26, 2018
People have changed and moved on, so I don't know the environment anymore. Its college centric, so you will be dealing with a lot of younger people. Not a bad place to get your basics in and then move on to a more challenging role.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Management wasnt always on the officer's side
New Professor of Law
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 24, 2018
As a newly prepared health law graduate, I was given a great opportunity to engage 4th year PharmD students in law and ethics. The hiring managers encouraged teamwork through monthly development activities. Management participation was key to advancing cohesiveness and building mutual respect. These sessions also improved communication and fostered positivity and cultural sensitivity. As a new professor of law and ethics, the job was challenging but enjoyable because it pushed me to strive for better in areas where I needed improvement.
I enjoyed it
Prep Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 18, 2018
The people were amazing I love being around every one the management were the best they never made me feel like I didn't fit it ......................
Good
Data and Reporting Analyst-OPS (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 16, 2018
A typical day of work- very intutive to work on new thing
i have learned data management and analytic from my seniors and learn how to manager different projects at a time
My Personal Comments/Work Related
Administrative/Medical Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 14, 2018
I enjoy my educational work environment! For over 6 years I have been assisting students/staff with researching medical information. I thoroughly enjoy helping others learn and providing useful information.

*Effective 06/29/2018-- OPS position eliminated/discontinued.
Pros
Great work environment!
Cons
Needed advancement opportunity after employed over 6 years!
Ophthalmology works with the Health of your eyes
Title-Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 12, 2018
Business environment, very professional, doctors and staff all must wear appropriate attire at all times. The work that I do is pertaining to the health of the patient's eyes. I work in the Ophthalmology Department as a Customer Service Rep. We see patient's on a daily basis who has had trauma to their eyes, inherited eye disease, bleeding in the eye (front or back), Glaucoma, Retina problems, Cornea problems, etc.
State job good benefits okay pay
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ruskin, FLJune 11, 2018
great work environment, not too much room for advancement, on the lower side of pay but the benefits are great . As a grad student my typical day of work was very variable, sometimes I was seining fish in ponds the next day I'm writing my thesis till 3:00am. It was an interesting experience that provided some great experience.
ok
Facilities Services (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 11, 2018
working the university is going well its just that I need to relaocate closer to my family and kids. I like it but I need to get closer. Its hard for me to find place to live there as well. the cost of living is hard because they look out for the students more than anything.
Really fun camp with supportive staf
Camp Counsellor (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 4, 2018
Worked an overnight summer camp. The facilities were clean and accessible. Security was great and the girls felt safe. The head women's lacrosse coach is supportive, generous, and passionate about her program.
company pride, spiritied, heirarchy,
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Academic Support ServicesJune 1, 2018
Several resources, duplication of services, no job security, good benefits, good employee relations, majority women directors need PhD - men do not, very large organization, easy to get lost in the crowd, undefined and sometimes unclear hiring practices.
Pros
great co-workers who work hard and are loyal.
Cons
job instability, some questionable practices.
University of Florida a good place to work
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 30, 2018
UF is a great place to work, there is a great collaborative environment, great benefits. Gainesville is a nice city to live, great options for food and places to exercise
not for me
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 27, 2018
It is a dog eat dog world there, everyone is out for themselves there is no such thing as team work. if you don't fit in the click of the department you are forced out of the department
good benefits
Senior Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 27, 2018
they give good benefits, the pay is not great. The person that is in charge is not a very good person and makes poor decisions then blames the employees under him.
Love the college culture
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 22, 2018
UF was an exciting place to work. The University always had activities for employees, which made work fun. The training program is exceptional. My supervisor was wonderful and made work life a joy.
Relaxed work environment
Oral Pathology Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 15, 2018
Work environment was pretty relaxed but cooperative. Days were usually spent following a routine making it quite tedious, but easier to avoid mistakes. Managers were very flexible with schedules.
Meh
Customer Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 14, 2018
Working at the Survey Research Call Center and taking calls was one of the ways that a student could make money and go to college. Granted it worked with your school's schedule and you were able to pick up extra shifts to make more money. One thing I must say though, don't take this job if you don't like to sit still in a cubicle for hours at a time. Also don't take this job if you are not a phone person as you will have to make cold calls for people to take surveys. Be prepared for people to hang up on you constantly.
Cons
Needed people to take surveys or it effected your productivity
Leadership in research is not great
Senior Biological Scientist (Current Employee) –  GainesvileMay 13, 2018
Not good at human resource to let scientists exert their capabilities fully. some small leaders are selfish for their own interests instead of the university's mission.
Great place to work.
Outdoor Soccer Referee (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 12, 2018
It was a great time working for RecSports at the University of Florida. I would highly recommend it to others, particularly students who are looking for part time work.