University of Georgia Employee Reviews

Detective/Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 12, 2018
Great place to work. You are allowed to learn the basics of policing here. Great place to learn how to be a police officer and deal with the general public.
Pros
Great Training
Cons
No room for advancement
It was a fun and interactive experience
Georgia Soccer Summer Camp Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 11, 2018
It was a week long summer camp working with young soccer players. It involved setting up different drills and exercises, demonstrating various soccer skills being worked on and encouraging youth to do their best.
Nice campus with a lot of resources
Researcher & Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 11, 2018
As a graduate student at UGA, UGA offers a lot of resources (career center, professional workshops) and campus activities. One of the great perks is a very discounted movie theater on campus ($1 for students who they paid their student activities fee, $3 for students who didn't pay their student activities fee).They also have money to maintain buildings and landscape.
Grant Contractor
Grant Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 10, 2018
Pleasant work evaluating teacher grants. Supportive and collaborative colleagues. A low-stress atmosphere with clear, reasonable deadlines. Seasonal work.
Graduate Student
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 4, 2018
This is generally what you will expect as a graduate student. Pay is low. Professors are generally good. We didnt have benefits as a grad student when I was there.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
low pay
It's a ok place to work
Special crew (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 25, 2018
They just had a lot off stuff going on with management and the workers. It's becoming stressful. They unorganized. The pay is really low for a university. I just work here to help my family
Enjoyed my time here
Athletics Intern (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 23, 2018
Fast-paced but rewarding job. Ability to work independently within a supportive team. Hard working and dedicated managers and other employees. Fun place to work.
Productive work environment
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 19, 2018
I loved the fast pace work atmosphere. I was able to apply myself in ways that enabled me to communicate with people from various backgrounds. Ultimately, the job taught me how to properly handle pressure in various circumstances..
Fun place to work
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 13, 2018
Everyone I worked with was encouraging and helpful when I needed help or didnt know what to do. My coworkers got along well and loved working otgether as a team to accomplish various tasks.
Very stable, low pay
Administrative Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 8, 2018
It is a great company to work for as far as benefits and stability goes. However, if you are driven or ambitious, or if making a good salary is your priority, this isn't the place for you. This is more for people who like to show up, punch a time card, put in their time, then go home and do the same thing the next day and the next, for 25 years. If that's you, though, then this is THE best place for you to work in the area.
benefits
Cons
pay/advancement
Great learning experience
Student Worker Under Dr. Bob Kemerait (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GaJune 6, 2018
Great place to work while going to college. Very flexible working hours to fit your class schedule. They teach what you need to know to further your agriculture career.
Pros
Ag Conferences
Cons
Short hours
Student Worker
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 5, 2018
This job was apart of student work study. It was a very relaxed job as a student on campus an worked well to compete with your class schedules. Will recommend.
Educational.
Researcher Intern (Former Employee) –  Griffin, GAJune 5, 2018
This was purely an educational experience for the sake of advancing your career in the future and becoming a sacrificing member of society. For fulfillment.
Pros
Educational.
Cons
None.
Work place
Program Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  Food ScienceJune 4, 2018
work place, 8-5 p daily,
How to handle and do workshops on a daily basis.
I enjoyed my manager and the people I worked with but there is always something going on.
Pros
workshop one can eat for free
Cons
workshop one can eat for free
Students don't apply
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 3, 2018
The University of Georgia is a great place to go to school but doesn't care about student workers. I was only scheduled if someone made an appointment with me.
UGA is a great place to work
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAMay 30, 2018
UGA is an amazing place to work, great benefits, great environment, great co-workers. Athens is a very quiet and small place to live specially if you want to raise a family
Not the best place to work
bus driver (Former Employee) –  TransitMay 27, 2018
I believe I was not given a fair shake at UGA
The bus I was driving was malfunctioning, but mangement did not want to hear that.
They were getting 5 to 6 new buses a year up until 2014
They quite getting them because they wanted to swith to Electric.
They have not switched and buses are worn out.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
need better management
Highly Recommend SPIA
Graduate Teaching and Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAMay 25, 2018
The faculty are great people and extremely knowledgeable in their diverse areas of expertise. Great city, dedicated professors, many wonderful educational opportunities!
Friendly and fun environment
Chick-Fil-A Team Member (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAMay 24, 2018
A typical day at work seems to be nonstop movement, simply because Chick-Fil-A is such a popular restaurant. I learned the importance of time management and going the extra mile for the customer. The workplace culture is positive and the management is extremely helpful and understanding. The hardest part of the job was balancing school and work, and the most enjoyable was bonding with the other staff members!
Fun work environment, but demanding
Football Performance Nutrition Intern (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAMay 22, 2018
A typical day can be very busy, or very slow. It depends on the players. Everything is about what is best for the players. You will interact with the players everyday.
It is a very collaborative place where the managers are willing to jump in and help with whatever is necessary.
Pros
Free food