University of Houston Employee Reviews

Found 1,182 reviews matching the search See all 1,185 reviews
Experience depends on department
Research Assistant, Cullen College of Engineering (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2019
Your experience working for the University of Houston all depends on the department you work in and your boss. Some departments value their employees more than others as shown in recognition and advancement opportunities.
Friendly and work with your schedule
HELP DESK (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2019
University of Houston IT department works around students school schedule and give students a lot of free time to work on home work.
The management is nice and will help you if help is ever needed
Pros
Lot of down time to do homework
Cons
Short hours
Team leadership experience
Graduate Assistant, CASA (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2019
Good Location of the testing center
Availability of seats throughout the session
Enhanced software solutions and security of testing material
Productive staff and teamwork
Great work culture
Department Business Administrator II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 8, 2019
Great place to begin a career that can grow professionally. Opportunities for Professional Development available. Experience is well rounded to include a little bit of many career fields, including human resources, financial, accounting, contracts, procurement, customer services, and others just as important.
Pros
Great Work Life Balance
Cons
Parking
Student Tech - Computing Lab (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2019
It was a nice place to work and learn, I worked as a student worker so I didn't have much interaction with the core management.
Overall I had a pleasant experience here.
Productive and fun workplace
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 30, 2018
Working in a competitive atmosphere with great management and friendly coworkers. Flexible schedule and office hours. A great place to build communication skills.
Part time student job
Academic Support Assistant - Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 27, 2018
It was part time job managing a testing center. Supervisor was really strict about the rules and treated everyone unfairly. Even Restrooms breaks weren't allowed.
great school
student (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 17, 2018
great university, offers night classes and full time classes with a great student life setting.( indeed is asking me to review U of H but i clarified i attended school there not worked there)
Fast-paced concentrated learning and field experience.
Distance Dietetic Internship (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 13, 2018
Had to meet the expectations of the program and the preceptors. Tons of learning is required. Very enjoyable, life changing experiences. Great people to work with and great environments to grow.
Has the potential to be a great place..... in the right hands
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 10, 2018
The police department has great potential. It is a wonderful place to begin a career. Where they fail is how they treat employees. Supervisors are only made supervisors either because they are part of the upper management clique, or as a human shield when things go wrong.
Pros
Lots of opportunity to gain experience
Cons
Management is suspect
Easy going job
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 10, 2018
No paid increases, no opportunity to development in supervisory status. No protection equipment. Kind of work like customers services. Just three uniforms issued.
Great introductory into the Classroom
Instructor, University of Houston (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2018
Professor was great, allowed me to manage and teach the class. Night classes are long and can be harder to keep the students engaged the entire time.
Pros
Corporate Fellow program is awesome
good place to work, for budget rpoblems, was layed off?
Trades Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 28, 2018
Love to work with a good company and good people I am hard working and will work any shift, at reasonable pay, also will work a flex shift if need be because.I am willing to in the Houston area, only.
Pros
good pay
Cons
lony hours
Graduate student
Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 26, 2018
Was a graduate student in the Mechanical engineering department. I would not recommend going to grad school here as the department has been known to revoke funding at the end of your degree plan so that they have enough money to pay for the incoming students.
Good convenient jobs for students
UH Intramural Sports Official (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 26, 2018
I worked here as a student and it has decent benefits. It is on campus so definitely accessible in respect to other areas as my life. As well as a schedule that is extremely flexible.
This was an internship. I enjoyed working with the staff.
Event Planner (Former Employee) –  Veterans Houston TexasNovember 26, 2018
My job title was event planner. I checked in at 8am in the morning. We had our office meeting at 9am. In this meeting we would go over all agenda for that day. I would also go to another meeting. My job for the secretary for this meeting. This was an internship. I was not paid.
Pros
I enjoyed my time there
Cons
This was a work study program
Great university with up and coming leadership
Residence Life Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Main CampusNovember 13, 2018
I loved working at UH. So many opportunities to get involved as a staff member and great opportunities for leadership development. The division I worked in was very strong and had great leadership. Good HR Benefits for employees and a good work culture.
Very fast paced
Department Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2018
Very fast paced, which is good...makes your work day go by fast. My experience was pleasant until we got a new "Manager" which had never been in a supervisor/manager roll and decided to impose her "I live to work and work is my first home and my only priority" single, no family attitude on everyone.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Little to no yearly pay increases regardless of merit.
Productive work
Office Assistant 1 (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 2, 2018
Great place to work and active throughout the whole day. Work with a team of different projects each day to reach our day to day goals. Management is good and work culture is very diverse. When assisting students, faculty and visitors at times may request. Some we were unable to accommodate their request. Participating in events on campus.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Certain things may not go my or my teams way.
Interesting
Practicum Student (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2018
I did a practicum here and it was interesting to be at a teaching setting. Children are all different so it was a good experience learning how it is important how to act in different situations. The people there were great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Houston. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss