University of Houston Employee Reviews

Found 1,149 reviews matching the search See all 1,152 reviews
basic college lab procedures
Biological Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clear Lake, TXOctober 11, 2018
Basically, I helped create and set up lab experiments for genetics laboratory. This job was responsible for my comfort with being in the lab and obtaining the skills to be successful as a technician.
Wonderful Atmosphere
Lab Lead, Aid, and Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXOctober 8, 2018
They are a wonderful organization to work for. You are able to get a hands-on experience in multiple settings and receive help when you ask for it. I was able to advance in a multitude of ways through my biology lab experiences.
Handle incoming calls from potential future students
Enrollment Servce Generalist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 28, 2018
A typical day at this job consisted on answering multi line phones,
Helping students submit the necessary documents to enroll in the university,
Answering phone calls from students and enrolling them in an orientation for new and returning students,
Help students set up appointment with their counselors.
Pros
Easy Commute, laid back and relaxed work atmosphere
Cons
Temporary job
Ta
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2018
Working as a Teachers assistant has been fun. Getting to lead the next generation of computer scientists, along with applying the skills learned during the course of my degree has been rewarding.
It's a pay job from school
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2018
The university of Houston gives students really good chance to let students earn extra money when they are on campus. Also, it is a pleasure to help others and also test my knowledge during work.
Accounting Specialist
Accounting Clerk, Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2018
I have worked in the President's Office, and just recently moved to the accounting dept. to help this dept since they are working with a very skeleton crew. Working at the university is a good place, and the people are fantastic, but the salary is the amount that you could make working at a fast food place. It's ridiculous
Pros
People
Cons
Pay
Review as a Graduate Teaching Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2018
A top-notch research university with renowned professors and a great place to work as a Graduate student. I am involved in research as well and will definitely suggest this university for the well known advisors and well equipped laboratories.
It is an okay place.
Financial Aid Specialist (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXSeptember 10, 2018
My department had adversity at times. Sometimes there would conflict of interest that had nothing to do with the job. I enjoyed my position and students for the most part.
Lead HVAC Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2018
During my tenure at University Of Houston, I started from the bottom and work hard to get where I am at today. I love my job helping the students and faculty. Management was a disappointment.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Great benefit package
Nice workplace with great people
Team Leader, Testing Center (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2018
Was employed as a student worker as a testing center and my time there was great. I was able to advance to another position within a year. Dealing with students was a bit tough but contributed to my growth.

Want to know more about University of Houston?

Ask a question
very good
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2018
University of Houston provides the students and faculty a very comfortable working/study environment. Most of the professors are very nice and wiling to provide help to students.
It was a good experience
Student Leader, Children's Learning Center (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 3, 2018
I was only working for the daycare at UH. It was nice to work there, only the pay was low and it can be tiring to work with children. Other than that it was great, other workers became my family.
Productive and gain great experience
GRADUATE TEACHING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 31, 2018
My main work as a TA are assisting Instructor with Blackboard, grade and create quizzes and tests.Announce assgnment, fix problems with students if they have question.

On this job, I made great progress on communication with each other and Professors. Having great experience with students while they were having difficulties and came to ask me.

The hardest part of the job is that when you are not able to answer the questions the students offered to you.
The most enjoable part of the job is I can make a lot of friends right here and you can smile everyday.
Pros
communicate a lot
Cons
short break
Nice environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2018
The staff are very sweet and understanding. The job allowed me to research more about the education gap. I enjoy the University campus and the work environment is very peaceful.
Pros
Staff and research
Good PLace to work
Marketing Manager (2005), Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  College of OpometryAugust 27, 2018
Great place to work -- enjoyed my time there. Got to start some innovative things like the Children's Festival, online appointment setting as well as numerous marketing initiatives with school.
Relaxed work environment with nice employees.
Environmental Health and Life Safety Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 23, 2018
The job is not hard, however, it is mundane and repetitive. The employees and employers are all very nice and understanding. The best part of the job will be the friends I made there. I taught me much about time management and self-character because of the difficulty with balancing work and school.
Pros
Friends, relaxed, good atmosphere
Cons
Repetitive, boring
Work is amazing
Athletics Marketing and Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 23, 2018
The university of Houston is an amazing place to work. The culture of this university is constantly growing and evolving for the better. The management and supervisors always have their employees needs taken care of
Productive, fun and professional
Vendor ID Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2018
The hardest part of my job is when IRS audits my department. We have to comply with their needs within a specific time. Time is always crucial during this time.
Pros
Benefits, location, job security
Teaching is a beautiful experience
Adjunct Instructor of Police Science (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 18, 2018
Teaching in the police academy and the academic programs have their own intrinsic rewards. One problem that can manifest is that the chain-of-command for the police programs may reach to those outside of the criminal justice arena. In general, there appears to be an innate distrust among those in authoritative positions, especially law enforcement. This distrust in the hands of decision makers outside the criminal justice arena can create an unhealthy and unsettling relationship.
Pros
Teaching
Cons
capricious decision makers
Nothing but drama
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2018
Everybody want to be the boss the school is beyond nasty.supervisors always calling in and selling drugs off campus horrible horrible horrible.just apply else where

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Houston. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight