University of Idaho Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Two worlds
Snow Removal Technician (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDAugust 1, 2018
One job was a cushy computer design job that didn't pay much but was in line with my degree and good experience. This job was alright as it was only twenty hours a week. The other was "Snow Removal Technician" aka snow shoveling and it consisted of getting called at 4am and being told you have 30 minutes to come down and work for a few hours. If you were lucky the weather would necessitate them to call you enough to at least get 20 hours that week.
Great Learning Environmnet
Hatchery Manager/Research Specialist (Current Employee) –  Moscow, IDJuly 29, 2018
I was introduced and educated on many laboratory techniques that improved my knowledge as a scientist.

I was able to work on my own and manage my own experiments. Guidance was given as requested.
Good college job
Housing and Resident Life (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDJuly 15, 2018
Typical day depended on the time of day. Sometimes you would need to help students check in or out of their dorms/apartments, others you would be assisting staff with getting access to buildings and dorms.
I learned that I do not want to be apart of hospitality industry.
Managemnt was nice to your face but would fire you for one minor mistake after being a loyal and dedicated employee for years. Even if you were friends. They require you to stay over the summer to work but not willing to provide housing or even offer cheap alternatives. I was told that if I did not stay I would not have a job when I returned to college in the fall. They handle situations with staffing poorly.
Great Place to work
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDJuly 13, 2018
U of I was a great place to work. The culture was very laid back and relaxed. However, the compensation was not on par with the area. For example, I went eight miles over the border and made over $10k to start doing a comparable job. That said, if you want a chill place to work with great colleagues, then U of I is the place for you.
Pros
great vision benefits
Cons
compensation
Wwami
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Moscow, IDJuly 5, 2018
Each day I provide administrative support for my immediate supervisor, the director, WWAMI faculty and medical students. I have learned how to work as a team. The atmosphere in our department is outstanding, we all communicate and get a long very well. The hardest part of my job is not being in the same location as our medical students. What I love the most at my job are the people I work with everyday and the events we put on.
Pros
Outstanding team
Cons
Wish I made more money
Great potential for academic and personal growth
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 9, 2018
Flexible and potentially rewarding with a great deal of potential for personal and academic growth.
Depending on the role one is assigned (either teaching/research) and the professor one is assigned to their experience is going to be drastically different.
Great opportunity
DIRECTOR OF RISK MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDJune 8, 2018
I enjoyed my time as a Risk Manager for Higher Education and was able to accomplish and developed programs and products that reduced cost and increased communication.
Pros
Developed new products and procedures
Cons
Lack of guidence from Board of Education
nice place to work
Computational Statistician Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Moscow, IDMay 17, 2018
It is a nice place to work, although badly managed. Although you have deadlines, the manager never respects them, thus you may get in situations where you cannot progress.
Solid work place, great experience and people
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDMay 16, 2018
This was a great job to have. Learned a lot and wore many hats. Administrative Coordinator does a lot for different departments. University of Idaho has great benefits and a very good time off plan.
Great workplace with amazing people
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDMay 10, 2018
I worked here in a work study position. The employees are so friendly and caring. It was like the best parts of the TV show "The Office". There was always something new to learn and there was also time to take care of everything you were required to do.
Pros
Flexible Hours
The job was simple.
Computer Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDMay 6, 2018
Once I had gotten into a routine, the job requirements can be met within 5 minutes of arriving. All I had to after that was to watch over the labs and make sure no one broke the computers or performed other illegal activities.
Pros
Good time to study.
Cons
Not a lot to do.
Excellent School
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Moscow, IDMay 3, 2018
The University of Idaho is wonderful place that allows its students and employees to learn and grow in an environment that is engaging and inviting. Highly recommend.
Great for students
Sales representative/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDMay 2, 2018
They offer temporary positions for many people when the semesters begin because of the volume of students coming through and buying their books. So many people are able to get a temporary short term job cashiering.

I began as a cashier and then stayed on to work in the clothing department. It was a lot of fun stoking products and mailing out orders placed via the bookstore web site. There was always something to do, and I always felt like I accomplished a lot during my shifts.
Pros
Flexibility, location(as a student), able to keep busy, great staff
Cons
Manager was slow to delegate tasks, small staff = some gossip, sometimes felt short staffed or over staffed, when over staffed - departments would get sloppy help they had to fix
Gives great experience to all students who work there.
Work Study Clerical (Current Employee) –  Moscow, IDApril 30, 2018
As a work study student at U of I the Campus Visits office offers a great environment to learn skills needed post graduation. It is a wonderful place to work.
summary
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDApril 29, 2018
I was a student worker, benefits did not apply. Loved working when flexibility as a college student was hard but they were understanding and willing to work with you
Family Culture
4-H Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Moscow, ID 83844April 26, 2018
Working with the University of Idaho Extension 4-H program is like working with your family. There are many educational opportunities for youth as well as yourself.
Pros
Working with Youth
overall OK
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDApril 4, 2018
As a teaching assistant, I have to bridge between the students and the professors. All the professors I have worked for are all nice and very knowledgeable. Plus, some of them are really protective for TAs, which is amazing.
But the instrumentation provided in the teaching labs is not the best as I know, but still OK.
I enjoyed working at this facility.
Team Cleaning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDMarch 31, 2018
My hours were suitable to me and allowed me to work independently.
I learned many new skills.

My co-worker and supervisor were a pleasure to work with and offered excellent training.
Great place!
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Moscow, IDMarch 30, 2018
U of I is a good place to work at. It has a great work and life balance. A typical day for me is just going to class and tutoring at the statistical centre.
Pros
flexible
Great place to learn
Beef Center Assistant (Current Employee) –  Moscow, IDMarch 26, 2018
The University of Idaho Beef Center is a great place to work as a student in the agriculture industry. You get hands on experience with cattle and learn various management practices.
Pros
Work around your schedule