University of Idaho Employee Reviews

A good working environment located in a cool city.
Master's Researcher (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDMarch 19, 2019
I worked as a Master researcher at the University of Idaho. The city is really a cool place t live especially in summer.
We do have lot many facilities for the materials fabrication and characterization including cleanroom. I really got good experience working there.
Amazing benefits. Great people.
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDFebruary 27, 2019
I've enjoyed my time here so far. Good people who all care. The benefits are worth about 8k a year when compared with some other places. There just really aren't any paths to move up.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Lower side of average on pay
Fun place to work and teach
FITNESS INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDFebruary 24, 2019
This was a very enjoyable job that permitted me freedom in my teaching curriculum. I answered to one supervisor that would check in with me periodically throughout the semester.
Grad school
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDFebruary 17, 2019
As far as a place to go to grad school, it was challenging and I learned a lot while I was there. I would recommend the school for people who are interested in computer science
Easy flexible job
TUTOR/CLERICAL (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDJanuary 30, 2019
I worked in the education center as a tutor/clerical. I helped the office manager complete tasks assigned to me. It was very chill and easy going. I would recommend to other students attending there.
Good Hours, Kept busy.
CHEF/COOK, UPPER CRUST SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDJanuary 13, 2019
The Fraternity at U of I were the very best. The boys were always polite and helpful. Uppercrust Food Service was a good company til having to deal with executive Chefs then we were kind of hushed or brushed off.
Intern
Internship (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDJanuary 6, 2019
Loved working for my supervisor. Everyone I met and worked with was very friendly. This job was a learning experience and I loved going to work everyday.
Good Place to sork
Senior Maintenance Craftsperson (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDNovember 30, 2018
Worked at the Kibbie Dome and was able to go to all sporting events and schooling was Paid for $5 a credit. Supervisor was very knowledgeable and helpful
Pros
fun
Student Job
Information Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDNovember 25, 2018
worked in the housing office as I attended school. The "real" management was awesome however I did have a few problems with the "student managers". It was a fairly easy job
Pros
easy, fun place to work
Cons
management
Worked as a TA
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDNovember 1, 2018
I was working as a TA for environmental architecture and they gave me a good wage for holding seminars and grading papers. The experience stretched my knowledge and helped further my education.
My position as a temp
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Moscow, IDOctober 26, 2018
I probably had one of the best jobs in the college as a temp. I taught class and worked with some excellent young men and women and helped them launch their careers
Pros
Students
Cons
university bureaucracy
Relaxed and rewarding work environment
DSS Note Taker (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDOctober 16, 2018
This position has allowed me to experiment not only with the acquired skills that I built back when i was in college while working towards my Bachelors degree in English writing, but to also experience helping other students, and knowing that I took part to help better their future.
Normal land grant university
Temporary Relief Editor/Writer (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDOctober 15, 2018
I was considered a part-time student employee, so I cannot comment on the full-time employment experience. The job used my skills gained elsewhere to help the university cope with a staffing issue and helped me pay my way through graduate school.
Pros
Many opportunities to move throughout the organization
Cons
Typical level of bureaucracy for this type of institution
Idaho, Idaho, Go, Go, Go
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDOctober 4, 2018
Great place to work! Great students! Great education to get my Masters Degree.
Lack of vision by leadership. The president's contract has not been renewed. The Athletic Director was recently let go. Not everyone is on the same page and too many people working in silos doesn't help promote a fun, great place to go to work and school.
Pros
People (students), Atonomy
Cons
Management, Communications, Vision
Empresa tradicional e dinâmica
Estagiário (Former Employee) –  Idaho, USAOctober 3, 2018
Relaciona trabalho de campo e trabalho de escritório. Grande experência em inventário florestal, geoprocessamento (GPS) e recuperação de mata ciliar. Equipe multi-disciplinar e de diversas nacionalidades.
Pros
Equipe multi-disciplinar
Cons
Carga horária de 12 horas/dia
Postdoctoral Fellow
Postdoctoral fellow (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDSeptember 22, 2018
Nice job and excellent boss at U of I. I enjoyed working and had excellent benefits like retirement plan and also medical insurance. City is excellent and inexpensive.
Pros
Postdoctoral Fellow
Graduate student
Graduate Research Assistantship (Current Employee) –  Moscow, IDSeptember 10, 2018
I work in university of Idaho as a research assistant with Dr. Ahmed Abd-Elrahim. I took my first steps here in use throw the University of Idaho. I learned a lot of skills like programing, VISSIM and SYNCHRO.
Pros
Gain more than actual time experience
Cons
homesickness
It was nice
Lab Manager/Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDAugust 14, 2018
University of Idaho was a place where I did research and stuff it was really cool I made a lot of friends with whom I drank beer and ate sandwiches for the sake of pie.
Two worlds
Snow Removal Technician (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDAugust 1, 2018
One job was a cushy computer design job that didn't pay much but was in line with my degree and good experience. This job was alright as it was only twenty hours a week. The other was "Snow Removal Technician" aka snow shoveling and it consisted of getting called at 4am and being told you have 30 minutes to come down and work for a few hours. If you were lucky the weather would necessitate them to call you enough to at least get 20 hours that week.
Great Learning Environmnet
Hatchery Manager/Research Specialist (Current Employee) –  Moscow, IDJuly 29, 2018
I was introduced and educated on many laboratory techniques that improved my knowledge as a scientist.

I was able to work on my own and manage my own experiments. Guidance was given as requested.