University of Illinois at Chicago Careers and Employment
Work happinessScores based on about 193 responses to Indeed's survey on work happiness
The University of Illinois at Chicago or UIC is a state-funded public research-intensive university located in Chicago, Illinois, United States. Its campus is in the Near West Side community area, adjacent to the Chicago Loop.
You’re seeing all 9 jobs at University of Illinois at Chicago because we can’t find any available jobs at University of Illinois at Chicago close to Ashburn, VA at the moment.
Salary estimated from 2.3K employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed.
Scientific Research & Development
What is the best part of working at the company? The people, the doctors, director, nurses, social workers all are so caring and giving and kind What is the most stressful part about working at the company? Stress comes with the territory, it's a hospital, you have to give to get, I love the hustle and bustle, the politics I didn't like What is the work environment and culture like at the company? Work environment is close knit, team work, very happy family structure What is a typical day like for you at the company? Busy, but great at the same time
I literally love working at UIC. the benefits are amazing, although HR can be very slow. I wish that salary negotiations were more likely but the benefits make up for that aspect. Great place to work.
What is the best part of working at the company? Diversity What is the most stressful part about working at the company? Low pay. Not always friendly for international workers What is the work environment and culture like at the company? Varies by department. My department was great however other administrative offices ranged from awfully incompetent to rude to okay What is a typical day like for you at the company? Teaching, having office hours
It is great working with the patients, but staff are a challenge to work with! The benefits are great. This is a teaching hospital, so there are constant groups of doctors always present which can be overwhelming for the patients at times!
Great work life balance and positive mission. Pay is not as great as private sector but offset by unparalleled benefits. Currently going through leadership transition at the top
What would you say about your employer?
People have asked 48 questions about working at University of Illinois at Chicago. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from University of Illinois at Chicago employees.
Insights from 108 Indeed users who have interviewed with University of Illinois at Chicago within the last 5 years.
If you were in this situation, what would you do? How did you upwardly move up in a career field? How does your current role help you with this current career title?
Why did you apply?
Basic questions about experience, strengths & weaknesses.
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- Accessibility, Disability and AccommodationExplore employer support and available accommodations for people with disabilities.
- University of Illinois at Chicago