University of Illinois at Chicago Employee Reviews

Complete services
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2019
UIC contains many departments, therefore, there are many resources and information available. UIC also has complete organization of systems and rules.
UIC Overview
Senior Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 9, 2019
UIC has been a great place to work, however, and it certainly has had its ups and downs. I will say that from the perspective of a person that has acquired two degrees from the institution
Perfect
Lab Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 31, 2018
Flexibility and Stimulating. Many diverse people working together. Projects interesting. Friendly atmosphere. Casual atmosphere, but very professional.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No Downtime
Fast pace for big events
Usher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 31, 2018
Scanning tickets goes extremely fast for big events! However, slower events are extremely easy but they are boring. While working at the Forum, clean up was fairly easy. At the pavilion, clean up is extremely hard even though they have a clean up crew they make ushers do the hard part.
typical university experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 20, 2018
it was a very typical experience as a student working on campus along with professors and their PhD candidates on various research projects and helping them out with data collection.
Great way to gain experience
Intern to Facilities Services (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 18, 2018
Clock in and immediately meet up with other students to go visit a construction site, project or shadow an existing employee to see how their day to day job is.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
hours
it was over all good.
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 16, 2018
The research work was good but the boss was not supportive for the career. The unnecessary politics and the toxic environment in the job............. d
It was a good experience working at UIC. A fun place work and a fun city to live.
Research Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 9, 2018
A relatively short stay for me to review and comment on the work environment. I joined Children's National Medical Center because I wanted to work with infants and kids.
Mission-oriented agency.
Business Operations Assistant/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 2, 2018
I enjoyed working with a dedicated group of professionals working to improve HIV care to a vulnerable population. I learned about the needs of the HIV community.
Pros
People I worked with.
Cons
Position did not match my current job interests.
Okay place to work
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 24, 2018
I worked as a graphic designer but I was paid as an entry level designer with over 12 years experience. Getting promoted from within was based on politics and not skill level.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Low pay, inconsistent managment
I love my job
Nursing Technician (Current Employee) –  University of Illinois HospitalNovember 20, 2018
Best Hospital I have ever worked for, The staff is friendly, very helpful and also pleasant to work with. I live in South Suburban Chicago so I travel quite far. But other than that this is the best decision i've made 4 my family
Pros
Educational Hospital
Cons
Travel and traffic
Maintance laborer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 18, 2018
livin the dream, is a great place to work, great benifitsI clean great and the bosses were feeling satisfied, went home daily with a greeat feeling. The hardest part of job is getting ducks in a row sometimes
Pros
holidays
Cons
advancement
Relaxed environment and slow paced
daily officer report (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 12, 2018
The environment was very relaxed. You see most of the same faces everyday when you are checking people in. It usually went by fast even though you were doing the same thing the whole time.
Great experience as Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 7, 2018
The hardest part is to figure out how to handle undergrad students and how to get them to listen t you. Great knowledge of effective communication developed because of this experience.
Bitter Sweet
Research Specialist/Study Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2018
I enjoyed my time immensely at University of Illinois at Chicago. I cannot say anything bad about this organization.I worked with a wonderful PI in the Department of Medicine, and she was the best at UIC!
Pros
Vacation days, gift days and the work environment
Cons
salary could have been better, parking rates are too high, not everyone can afford it.
student work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 30, 2018
I worked alone and didn't interact with other student workers. We rotated shifts so at least someone was reviewing and transcribing sensitive audio recordings
Great Staff Culture
Assistant Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 22, 2018
Workplace is a great culture. There is a lot of freedom to work at your own pace and everyone is friendly. We usually get lunch together and everyone has everyones best interest for the most part.
Good place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 21, 2018
Nice university close to the heart of Chicago. If you work in the right department with the right people you are definitely going to learn and growth.
Exciting and stimulating work environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cook County, ILOctober 19, 2018
other than learning inertial microfluidic physics, I got used to critical thinking and I learned how to start and develop a project from zero
Productive and fun place to work
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 8, 2018
I enjoyed working here, the people, and the location were fantastic. The learning experience I had in my department was very good. They were also willing to cross-train between different labs, which is important.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Illinois at Chicago. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight