University of Illinois at Chicago Employee Reviews

Good
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 6, 2017
It's always been a great environment to work in. The school is very diverse and inclusive. There are many opportunities within the university to grow and expand.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2017
Time management is easy. Roles and responsibilities are well defined. Good support from management. Helps in self development. Work pressure is balanced.
Good people
Lead (COMT) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2017
Typical day at work was seeing patients fitting contacts. I learned how a university clinic operates. Management was great. work place culture was laid back. hardest part of the job was the down time. the most enjoyable part was the people.
Pros
vacation time
Cons
down time
Good place for professional development
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 31, 2017
I worked as a research assistant. What matters the most is who you work under, or in other words, who your guide is.

My guide was extremely professional and the hardest working person I have ever seen. His work ethic was a constant source of inspiration to me.
Excellent place to refine and develop new skills.
GRADUATE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2017
Working at UIC certainly improved my career trajectory. The managers where clear about the expectations for my former role and ultimately connected me with other departments for career advancement.
Learning and interaction
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 24, 2017
The best way to learn is to teach. As a graduate teaching assistant at UIC I got an opportunity to take lab sessions of doubt clearing sessions for the course of business statistics. I helped me learn the concepts of business statistics even better and the interaction with the students improved my communication skills.
Pros
Flexible management
Was a APN student mentor
Preceptor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 24, 2017
Was a great nursing school to be a preceptor for. Was a volunteer opportunity. The students were on course with where they should be during their clinical rotations.
I work for a Great Organization. I would like to work from Home Part-Time
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 23, 2017
Early Morning begins with Coffee,Danish,Cookies,& Morning News Topics with some of the Staff members & Professors. Always interesting.

Always something new to learn with Computers & New Apps, Policy & Procedures and the Daily Functions of the College.

I learned how to manage online accounts with Purchasing and Travel Expenses.

My work place Culture is diverse and I'm so glad to have the experience and ability to work with people of different cultures and Nationalities,

The hardest part of my job is extremely busy when we have Guest Speaker. Setting up for Lunch and Meetings for the day. BUSY!!

Shopping for the Dept in the Morning for Items needed

Holiday Time of course is the most enjoyable time of the year around here. There's a Holiday parties almost everyday for about a week.
Pros
Flexable
Cons
Pay rates are on hold sometimes up to 2 years.
hard place to work, decent pay, people are not too nice
Security Guard Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 22, 2017
Day to day life can be hard with the varying disposition of people. There is a culture there which lends towards the negative but career advancement for professionals is sky high.
Pros
excekkent benefits
Cons
inferior work environment
A great, great and great university!!1
Research/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 18, 2017
I am grateful to the university for providing me with both teaching and research assistant positions which enable me to achieve both Master and Ph.D. degrees.
Great
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2017
Flexible hours and great working culture.I had a great time working there, I learnt a lot about machine and trouble shooting, It helped me to build confidence.
poor negative culture surrounds the institution
Security Guard Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2017
a typical day at work is stressfulI learned hard work does not pay off. Management would rather hurt you than help you. The people are not nice, the visitors are unruly and management does little to help
benefits
Cons
management
Police Job
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60608October 5, 2017
The job is a good first job for police officers. It is steeped in bureaucracy and politics. The employees are professionals. The take care of on another.
• Assist lead teacher in conducting increased learning experience for students in assigned area • Perform a variety of non-instructional duties • Adm
Teacher assistance (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 29, 2017
I love my job; It was a great experience. it helped me become a better leader and be more open minded to other opinions even if they are less experience than me.
Good school work
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2017
As the Peer Mentor my job entitled me to help tutor my residents that myself and the 2 different Resident Assistants had. I helped create weekly activities for my student residents, tutor them in classes they had difficulty with for their studying, as well as create monthly events for them. Academically I would go through whatever questions not only my own residents, but also any resident in the building that had questions during my mentoring hours. This included me attending various meetings including the Residence Hall staff weekly, peer mentor meetings twice a month which included all the peer mentors on campus, and an overall campus housing meeting which included every housing staff member on campus monthly. The meetings included general updates, upcoming event plans, and overall team work to better the on campus experience for both the staff and students.
Pros
meet cool ppl
Social Media Consultant for chancellor Amiridis
Social Media Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2017
This was a great opportunity to temper my social media skills, as it was the task of me and one co-worker to create a 30 day social media plan for the chancellor's Instagram account. We presented our plan to the chancellor and his advisors and the plan was approved and implemented instantly. Since then, the chancellor's instagram page has grown significantly.
Na
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 25, 2017
Great work and Great supervisors. I enjoy working here with my graduation. My position plays a vital role during issues in linux cluster and also work on python based softwares
Enjoy working at the University of Illinois at Chicago
Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2017
I worked with professional people in a very nice environment. Everybody is helpful and you have the opportunity to learn about the many different projects going on.
Pros
Increased knowledge about research
Cons
n/a
Disorganized
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2017
The intra-office communication was terrible and most upper management lack initiative to actually do anything; passed off tasks to people with already too much on their plates. Would ask indirectly to have something done and then pass the blame on someone else.
Great Place
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60607September 20, 2017
I was a Undergraduate Research Assistant and found the place a great place to work. I was a really passionate worker and found the resources very helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Illinois at Chicago. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.7Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

University of Illinois at Chicago Reviews by Location