University of Indianapolis Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
Learning place
App Developer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 21, 2018
The University of Indianapolis was an organized workplace. They had a clear vision at work. Also, they would tell you what you have to do and the managers were patient.
great place to attend school
SCID Interviewer and CBT treatment coder (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 15, 2018
I held a student job while at UINDY. I did not have a fulltime faculty position, but I would love to go back and teach in the future. Go Greyhounds! Love UIndy.
Excellent School of Nursing
Adjunct Professor/Clinical Faculty (Current Employee) –  Classroom & ClinicalApril 30, 2018
UIndy's School of Nursing faculty are active in their field and bring decades of clinical experience in a wide range of specialties. Many are doctorally prepared and have excellent reputations for their leadership roles in health care communities locally, nationally and internationally. But as diverse as their experience may be, they are unified in their mission to provide you with a first-rate nursing education and to demonstrating the leadership skills needed for the future of patient care. You will be exposed to current issues and the latest technological advances in nursing. And because our faculty love teaching and truly care about your success, they will take time to meet with you outside of the classroom to help you with your coursework and encourage you.
Easy going and chill place to work while at college
GREYHOUND MESSENGER AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 24, 2018
A typical day as an after-hours Greyhound Ambassador can be full of making phone calls to future Freshmen, filing student information, inputting contact cards into the computer. The management is pretty chill. They are okay with you missing work every now and then for illnesses and a lot of homework that is piling up. They also are okay with you doing homework when all other work for the day is completed. The hardest part of the job is making phone calls the students that will hang up on you mid-sentence.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Minimum wage
Great culture
Graduate Student/Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 15, 2018
During my time as a Graduate Assistant at the University of Indianapolis I was given an opportunity to contribute to a great culture of athletic and academic excellence.
Amazing boss, empowering environment
Senior Conference Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 11, 2018
I would highly recommend working for the Office of Summer Camps and Conferences to other students. Strong leadership and professional development. Can be long hours but worth it.
Pros
Strong mentorship and development by leadership
Cons
Lower income
Slow-paced work environment
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 3, 2018
This job is decent, there isn't much action if that is what you're looking for. This is more of a transition job because a lot of people don't stay and go on to bigger departments.
Benefits
Cons
Turn over rate
I love my students
Public Speaking Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 26, 2018
I've taught at UIndy for years and have had a great experience with the students and administration. It's a great environment, excellent resources for students and a beautiful campus!
Pros
Great campus
Cons
Need more parking closer to buildings.
Great Place to Learn and Grow
Adjunct Professor, Social Work (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 21, 2018
Great environment and faculty. I love the direction they are going with collaborative health care. Everyone treats you with respect and helps foster personal growth. What a gem!
Great place
Instructor (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 28, 2018
Wonderful place to work.
The management is fair.
The hardest part of the job is finding a parking spt on campus.
The most enjoyable part of the job is teaching to young, enthusiastic people.
Pros
Schedule and freedom to present the material
Cons
Not enough enrollment

Want to know more about University of Indianapolis?

Ask a question
Fun work enviorment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 31, 2017
The people you meet become life-time friends. The work is simple and easy. overall a xtremely great place to work full time. Managment is very easy to get along with.
Pros
Free lunch, great people, good pay, benefits.
great place to work!!!!
Assistant to Faculty (paid position) (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 8, 2017
Wonderful educational environment. Everybody there was professional and dedicated to teaching the students to the best of their abilities. Cooperative and fun atmosphere. Great experience!
Fast paced, busy
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 6, 2017
I work 8-4:30 p.m.. I have learned a great deal about academia as this was the first position I held in the field. I was suprised at the fast pace and the amount of stress that comes with working at a University. I was also surprised at the lack of collaboration, even though part of the mission is to collaborate.
Well balanced work environment for students
Student Helper (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 27, 2017
It was an on-campus employment for me to earn some money and balance work and studies.
Needs and wants of students were always cared for; giving us leaves when we had exams.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
SAL Adjunct Instructor
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 10, 2017
I enjoyed UI very much - the students, the environment. I occasionally was assigned a course that was new to me and found some very challenging, and, some a real joy. Having taught at another college, I found the SAL students focused, intense, and bright. I found the pay competitive. I received the help I needed to set up the online portions of the class. In fact, I found good help when ever I asked for it.
I was a student
Student (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 9, 2017
I was a student and this was not a typical job. I chose to obtain a better education to better my employment opportunities and serve a different part of our community.
University of Indianapolis
Information Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 26, 2017
By far my favorite place to work - I only left because my wife was transferred to San Diego!
Great culture, benefits, work life balance, and the people are wonderful!
Pros
Culture, benefits
Cons
pay rate
Good
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 29, 2017
All professors and staff were friendly and helpful. I used to work as a student assistant at the graduate business program. The job was temporary. Actually, I gained experience in an office setting where I learned how to do clerical duties. Sometimes, the professors gave me tests to grade or watched out undergraduate students while testing in their classrooms. It was a fun experience that I have never lived before. It does not matter how much the department paid me, but what is more important it is to develop my skills and learn more things in this life.
Pros
gain more experience
Cons
less hours
UIndy has been a fantastic experience!
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 25, 2017
I've truly enjoyed my time as an adjunct professor. I wish there were more opportunities to move into a full-time position, but for now I will hang on and hope for the best. Great students and faculty.
University of Indianapolis
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisSeptember 12, 2017
When working at the University of Indianapolis a decade ago I left due to lack of opportunity and management issues (as well as low pay).

However, on returning to teach hybrid courses the work was in the evening (while working my full time job) - this was an enjoyable time and the pay was not good, but to be truthful I was doing it to teach rather than for the money