University of Kentucky Employee Reviews

Horrible Managment
Rn- Perioperative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 24, 2018
Management is very shady. They are very likely to throw you under the bus to advance themselves. Nursing used to be a pride at UK and now it has been leveled lower and nurses are not prized as they once were. Its very disappointing that experience comes second to a fresh face that will say yes to anything. Very scary for patients.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Parking and Management.
Employment Summary
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Main CampusMay 17, 2018
Friendly and productive place to work with an abundance of resources and personnel to master your job responsibilities. One of the advantages of this position was the in-depth knowledge of senior staff to render quality information for students to make good informed decisions.
Not interested
Research analyst (Current Employee) –  KTRDCMay 9, 2018
University of Kentucky is a good place to work. I believe having the University located in Lexington is perfect, from the weather to the horse race and affordable living. .
good
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 7, 2018
i really enjoyed the people i worked with and the short amount of time i spent working at the university of kentucky would recommend to anyone who is interested
Uk
DBA, SAP BI Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 3, 2018
Solid, consistent work available. With good team management, I had good direction for projects assigned. Consolidated data from other databases to University databases.
Great place to work and start a decent career.
SRNA- Critical Care Services (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 30, 2018
University of Kentucky has helped me in a lot of ways. Patient and employee engagement both has helped me better my position. UK is all about teamwork.
Pros
meeting awesome patients and staff
Cons
understaffed at times, one of the lowest paying hospitals.
Academic education
INSTRUCTOR/ LECTURER (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 23, 2018
I enjoyed teaching at this school, too, for years simultaneously at the other school on my resume. State budget cuts eliminated this position. I enjoyed working with my students.
volunteer
Volunteer Assistant Track and Field Coach (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 22, 2018
no comment i wass just a volunteer. i went to school there. i really honestly have nothing to say. if i knew i would have to write this review i would have not mentioned working there
most enjoyable part of the job
Facilities and event management supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 8, 2018
Learned a great variety of skills, such as managing people, overseeing building systems. project management, event planning and management, safety and security systems.
Very Fun College Job
Student Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 2, 2018
My time working for the University of Kentucky football team has been very beneficial finically and socially since being in college. I have met a lot of successfully people and they have taught me a great amount on life.

Want to know more about University of Kentucky?

Ask a question
Ukmd's
Customer Access Assistant (Current Employee) –  2347 Sterlington Road, Lexington, KYMarch 22, 2018
To provide best customer access service to UK HealthCare for patients, consumers and all medical professionals in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.

SKILL SETS:
Working knowledge of medical terminology and medical experience. Computer and data-entry skills.
Takes initiative to help coworkers.
Demonstrates foundations of service excellence.
Very laid back work environment
Engineering Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 21, 2018
My typical day at works consists of me completing small tasks and helping students. I have learned how to use 3D printers and other programs that directly apply to engineering. The work environment is very laid back and very enjoyable, but can get hectic at times.
Pros
Flexible with hours, fun
Cons
No healthcare, no paid overtime
Community Health Worker/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sanders, KYMarch 16, 2018
University of Kentucky is a good, stable place to work with all the right benefits. Plenty of training to ensure professionalism in your position. I would love to work more within my career.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
N/a
My view is based on management of the department.
Records Clerk Senior (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 14, 2018
Management was beyond horrendous. A lot of favoritism , backstabbing and management superiority (complex). There were managers that micro-manage every aspect of the job. Lastly, there were managers that intentionally incited and instigated conflict between departments as well as, between individual employees. A very toxic department because of management.

My experience working in other departments were night and day in comparison. University of Kentucky is a great place if you're fortunate enough to work in certain departments.
Pros
Co-workers...made lifelong friends.
Cons
Everything mentioned in the review above.
Easy low pay
Night Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 14, 2018
Its easy if you know how to stay awake, but certain shifts are extremely busy. Lots of freedom and extremyl nice management pay is not that good though.
Pros
easy
Cons
late nights, low pay
Relaxed working environment
Multimedia Production Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 14, 2018
Enjoyable place to work. Great job that generally only gets busy during midterms and finals week. Allows you to study as long as the lab spaces are not too busy.
The job
Network Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 13, 2018
This job could pay more but people who applied and worked there did move on to better things. Their policy is strict and the actions taken did lose some hard workers who were dedicated to the department. Experience lost because of pride.
Worth it, if you're a student
Resident Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 13, 2018
The place isn't bad at all. The University of Kentucky takes care of their students. The workplace culture is great. There's a lot of support for all kinds of people and working styles.
Pros
Free housing and meal plan
Cons
Not paid enough per hour
Great work environment and opportunity to grow.
Clerical & Events (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 12, 2018
Great work environment and opportunity to grow. I increased my computer knowledge. The environment was positive and encouraging. The problems involve lack of raise in 4 years and no advancement.
Pros
Wonderful co-workers
Cons
Salary has not increased in 4 years.
Nice, casual college job
Student Development Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 6, 2018
I worked at the UK Development Office for 5 years and really enjoyed my time there. All you do as a "Student Development Officer" is make phone calls to alumni and other donors of the University for scholarships and other fundraising initiatives. As a supervisor you oversee operations and get to work with your fellow student to help them be more personable on the phones in order to increase the likelihood that they are able to get someone to donate.
Pros
Free food and pick your own hours
Cons
It gets very monotonous

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Kentucky. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.8Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight