University of Kentucky Employee Reviews

Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Falmouth, KYAugust 10, 2018
I had three managers all of the same rank..I was shared between all three, and it was stressful. It allowed them to blame many things on me and I felt very disrespected. I did not get paid enough for my qualifications and work.
Benefits
Cons
Salary, training, managers not held accountable
Department of DHN is great
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 10, 2018
I was in a temporary position but I loved working my department. I was treated fairly and the compensation was good for an assistantship. Good benefits too!
Pediatric is an awesome place to work. Helping the parents and children is very rewarding.
Medical Assistant/CST/STEPS (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KY 40511August 9, 2018
UK is a great place to work however parking is horrible.
The Pediatric Specialty Clinic/department has a terrific team of doctors, CSTs, Nurses and so much more.
Pros
Awesome teams
Cons
Parking is expensive and horrible
Fine place to work
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant - Circuits (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 7, 2018
I was an undergraduate teaching assistant. It was a fun job. I was able to work side by side with students to teach them coursework and work them through problems.
Academic Institution
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 6, 2018
Located in Lexington, Kentucky and offers a variety of engineering programs, including a graduate program in Biomedical Engineering that offers both master's and Ph.D. degrees.
If you are related to a boss you are hired.
Electrician Foreman at university of Kentucky (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 3, 2018
If you are a hard worker you will not do good at Uk you must know someone that is a boss to get a job here and if you even try you’re best it will get you nowhere unless you know soomeone...
Benefits
Cons
To much politics
A Stepping Stone Job
IT/AV Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 31, 2018
Working at U.K.has been a stepping stone job for me to find a better position in my field, and most importantly, allowed me to have a stable work week and paycheck in comparison to my previous employment, which was needed for my own mental health.
Pros
Quiet, Simple, Friendly environment
Cons
Low pay
fun
Dental Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 30, 2018
Great place to get exposed to the field benefits of being able to take classed to further your career, good benefits. Meet lots for great people. fun
Records Management for the Engineering Department
College of Engineering-Steps Temporary (Former Employee) –  Engineering Department of Student RecordsJuly 24, 2018
I loved the job, and I loved working with the staff and the students.
There was a lot to learn and it was a busy environment. Would have been an excellent job if it had not been really cliguey.
Pros
Job was great.
Cons
Very cliquey atmosphere.
A good first step into academia.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 21, 2018
As a graduate teaching assistant I taught two classes per semester. While there I had complete academic freedom to create and teach the classes as I liked. This was valuable teaching experience in a fairly low stakes environment that, I feel, prepared me to be a better teacher for my first job in academia.
fun place to work at
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 18, 2018
observed at a highschool and enjoyed my time there. The program i was in was for observing children on bikes in a classroom setting. The amount of work was decent and it was never too much or too stressful.
good place
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYJuly 11, 2018
i went to college at UK and the became an employee in the theater department. when i was an employee all my cost was paid by the college. they were very good at balancing class time with work time.
Super useful for beginners
Undergraduate research assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 8, 2018
As a freshman, to be given an opportunity to work with a professor in her lab was a great experience! It taught me skills that I would not have had the chance to learn directly in a classroom. In addition, it was something I could add to my resume so that future employers would be more willing to give me a chance.
I teach a class there
teacher (Current Employee) –  Seaton centerJuly 7, 2018
Worst part is the pay and no parking! I was shocked when they told me what I would be paid to teach there and on top of that they try and charge me to park there. I enjoy teaching, but I don't want to PAY to work there.
Pros
students
Cons
pay
Okay
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 2, 2018
This was a teaching assistant role. The duties were those of teaching a college course, once you had completed the minimum of 18 graduate level hours.
Good summer jobs
SPARC Educator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 29, 2018
My employment at the university of Kentucky was great for summer employment. It was something steady and reliable that allowed for me to remain in the city for the summer without taking on too much. There were also opportunities to take on more, should one wish to do so.
Well-rounded working experience
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 28, 2018
Working for the library system at the University of Kentucky has supplied me with an invaluable opportunity to gain relevant career experience. The people there are welcoming, intelligent, and receptive to any inquiries I may have regarding knowledge of the profession
Pros
Innovative, well-informed environment
Cons
Office politics
Overall Good Student Job
Assistant Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 24, 2018
This position consisted of maintaining and updating content across all College of Engineering Sites using WordPress. Website Templates were also developed for campus organizations using knowledge of HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and PHP.
Staff RN- Critical Care (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 16, 2018
Lots of opportunities for new nurses and experienced staff alike. Management can be hit or miss depending on the unit but for the most part is pretty excellent.
Pros
200% 401K match, free tuition at UK
Cons
expensive parking
Stuck in the 1980s from a culture standpoint. Old buys club.
Enterprise Architect & Director of Cloud Computing (Former Employee) –  Enterprise, KYJune 14, 2018
Stuck in the 1980s from a culture standpoint. Clock watching mentality without focus on results. The University staff and administration could learn a lot from their faculty on embracing change and technology.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Kentucky. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.8Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight