University of Kentucky Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Best Grad Assistantship Expierience
Graduate Assistant - Research + Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 7, 2017
I learned so much in this Assistantship experience. My advisor and Supervisor was incredible! Not only did we have just enough freedom to develop the curriculum for the classes, we have supervisor input that was educational and eye opening.
Good public school
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 5, 2017
I was a graduate student, so honestly my employment was different from most employees. UK is a nice place. My work was in a research lab, and it was great preparation for my future career.
Straightforward work in a bureaucratic setting.
GRAPHIC DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Fayette County, KYNovember 5, 2017
Not much to praise. The work is simple and straightforward, though the institution is a highly bureaucratic and sometimes stifling enterprise, like any other.
Worked as dishwasher and grounds maintenance
Dishwasher/Grounds Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 1, 2017
fast paced job. Good boss. good hours, not the greatest pay. Only left because of a family dilemma. I worked as dishwasher on days they needed me, otherwise I worked as ground maintenance outside.
Quality Administrator
Quality Administrator (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KY 40621October 30, 2017
Excellent employer with great benefits and mileage reimbursement. The driving became difficult after several years. The management was poor with little empathy for those we supported through the waivers.
Pros
Excellent benfits and hours. Great Flexibility, had a home office
Cons
Driving up to 1000 miles per week.
Temporary Job
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 26, 2017
It was what you would expect for a temporary job. I showed up, did my job, and the left. I got paid by the hour. Paychecks came in every two weeks. Again, it was a temporary job.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Temporary
Awesome place to work
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 22, 2017
I enjoyed my stay at University of Kentucky a lot. The work was balanced, at the same time it required also a lot of creativeness. My advisor was really helpful and really supportive all the time. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to work here.
Good place for college students
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 19, 2017
The work environment is definitely ideal for college students, especially for ones who attend UK. The only complaint I have is that things tend to be a bit unorganized because the school is so large.
Just Ok
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 17, 2017
Nothing Special here. Benefits are good. Once you are in they try to keep you here. Retirement is one of the better deals around. Lack of parking on campus makes for longer commutes.
Proud Alumni and Employee
County Extension Agent (Current Employee) –  KentuckyOctober 16, 2017
Great place to work. After completing my bachelor's degree here, I left to complete my master's degree elsewhere because of scholarship. I was thrilled to come back to UK as an employee. Best benefits around.
Strong team work
PGY-2 Resident, Neurology (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 13, 2017
Available to learning new things , challenging and opportunity for career advancement.It was very team oriented and focused on delivering real measurable results while still maintaining a friendly and respectful work environment
Fun and Relaxing place to work
Network Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 10, 2017
There are a lot of different types of jobs you can get at UK. Both research jobs and my job on campus have been very laid back and not stressful at all.
opportunities
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 2, 2017
University of Kentucky offers a plethora of opportunities to grow within your specific career path, as well as extend beyond to additional career or personal interests.
Very good place to work
Administrative Assistant/Staff Support (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KY 40506September 25, 2017
I just started but it was proven a very nice place to work! It has the best benefits including 200% retirement match. Health benefits are amazing as well.
Great staff and school spirit
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 19, 2017
University of Kentucky is diverse institution striving to empower and engage minds to create the most successful version of themselves. Students are inspired to set goals and gain independence.
Depends on the department
Admin Support (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 18, 2017
In one office, nepotism ruled the day, people got uncomfortably close disclosing personal details, and student laborers were exploited. In another office, far from campus, coworkers got a long very well together, student workers were treated fairly and respectfully, and hard work was recognized. The quality of career really depends on where you end up working at UK.
Excellent place to work, has the state of the art facility .Providing excellent satisfactory to patients.
Patent registration assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 12, 2017
Very diverse I,love the challenge and change that it may offer.
.Helping and providing excellent customer service as well as customer care.Many areas to advancement .
Pros
Helping other treating patients with respect.
Cons
parking
Great Experience for a College Student
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 10, 2017
Being a Resident Advisor allowed for development and understanding of processed. Also had several perks- free housing, a food stipend, laundry stipend, free parking. Great for working and attending classes full-time. Worth it.
Pros
Great Experience
Cons
Can be extra during finals
Event management (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 9, 2017
Great people to work with and for. Positive working environment. Encouraged workers to collaborate and share experiences. Encouraged us to seek other opportunities within the work place.
Fun work place with great coworkers/bosses
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 7, 2017
A typical day at work included me coming in, checking what was required of me for the day, then entering data into a database manually. I worked sometimes with another person who did the same work as me and occasionally under supervisor. The work place was usually laid back and nice as long as you did your work quickly and accurately.
Pros
occassional free lunch, great bosses

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Kentucky. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight