University of Louisville Employee Reviews

Fun work place
CARDINAL AMBASSADOR (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 5, 2019
Only worked as a student part-time. Very flexible with school workload and hours in the office. My boss was extremely kind and willing to go above and beyond for her students.
Pros
Working with other students
Incredibly dysfunctional
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 14, 2018
Management is very poor and unprofessional. Favoritism rules and no amount of concerns raised or questions asked will change this for the Department. Unfair workload and incredibly unequal pay.
very stressful job
xray Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 11, 2018
I learned a lot here it was my first work experience right out of x-ray school. I started out just being a student tech position then turned into as needed..
Pros
good pay
Cons
stressful
Great Technical work
Biomedical Engineering Tech (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 4, 2018
I have learn ton of technical work and how to troubleshoot equipment. Management may have been a little unprofessional at times but for the most part i enjoyed the job and every day was a good learning experience.
Great place to find opportunity
Student (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 1, 2018
UofL is located within a rapidly growing city with a plethora of opportunities for finding your next move. There are numerous partnerships with local and national companies to help you move forward.
I enjoyed working with the football players.
Strength and Conditioning Intern (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 1, 2018
The best experience of my life. I got a preview of what it will be like to become a strength and conditioning coach for a university. I'm glad that I intended for the University of Louisville football team because now I am sure that I want to be a strength and conditioning coach.
Pros
Got to get a preview of my dream job.
Cons
None.
Good part time position
Graduate Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 28, 2018
I highly recommend working part time at UofL as it gives you the opportunity to build your resume and skills. Like most public universities the culture is very liberal, so if you're a conservative you'll feel out of place, so you'll have to learn how to work well with people of radically different beliefs (which is a good skill to have in life). Unfortunately the culture in my area was a bit problematic in the sense that if someone made a mistake, instead of just having a quick chat with the person, they would get reported to their manager (or the executive manager) in addition to gossiping with everyone they run into. That was my biggest issue with the culture as it left you having to watch your back all the time.
Student Lab Cleaner for dental clinic
Student lab cleaner (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 27, 2018
Dental Student and lab cleaner for the clinics.
Worked part time and covered shifts for other students
culture was good and easy job to make extra money during dental school
Good
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 26, 2018
Contract instructor. All contract instruction work pays terribly, so that's no surprise. The workplace culture is great and scheduling, curriculum, and classroom policies are largely left to the discretion of the instructor.
Work in an office
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  LouisvilleNovember 20, 2018
It's federal work study and fairly easy. Lots of time to do your homework. Scan materials for professors and etc. Would recommend. It's a decent job on campus and I would recommend if you just need some pocket cash.
Poorly managed
Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 12, 2018
New Administration will need to review current management. Strong arm tactics in play within departments to move and dismiss staff without proper reasoning.
Pros
tuition remission for childres
UofL Receptionist
Receptionist, Development and Relations Building (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 10, 2018
It was a great place to work as a temporary job. I unfortunately, along with three other people, had to be let go since they were renovating the receptionist place into an hallway. Otherwise, I would have continued to work there since I could simultaneously work and do school work!
Pros
Flexible schedule, Work while doing school work
Cons
Low Pay
Excellent Environment.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 5, 2018
The University of Louisville was an excellent work environment that allowed me to interest with many thoughtful traditional and non-traditional students in an academic environment. It was challenging and exciting to work with my students.
Pros
Academic Freedom
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 25, 2018
I loved my time working for University of Louisville on the Microbiology and Immunology department. In general the whole University is great with their employees
Good company to work for.
Louisville (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 17, 2018
I enjoy coming to work each day and work in a positive atmosphere. I'm grateful for my job that has many perks and good benefits. Management is affirming and appreciative in my department.
Pros
401K Contribution and match, time off with pay during the holidays.
Cons
No salary increases in the past couple of years due to deficit.
Patient Focused
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 14, 2018
Patient Focused
Quality care
most enjoyable part of my job is the people I got to work with.
The most challenging thing was working with insurance companies.
if you need experience with no drug test
HVAC Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 3, 2018
worked there as a licensed mechanic over 6 years, very un fair work practice with very low pay , management was poor ; no DRUG TEST EVER EVEN IN THE EVENT WORKERS COMP, thus keeps a lot of employees retained at low wage . a lot of opportunity to learn in the trades , definitely HVAC, given 3-4 credit cards a lot of parts changing and learn as you go! good experience potential to learn, moral low due to wages raises are far and few. ,recommend do 2-years put money in 403B as much as possible then get the heck out of there and go find a job at school board or city. definitely ALOT of bureaucracy and bureaucrat's !!! definitely not a place to remain if you know your job. the better reviews of this institution are made in part by those working other than the physical plant EMPLOYEES.
Pros
hour lunch not held accoutable for time taken on job or bad judgment calls, No drug test!!!!!
Cons
no raises low pay, bureacracy!!!1
Helpful and Enlightening Engineering Experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 14, 2018
I was an intern in the Engineering department. I do have a biology background, but I did appreciate the new experience of working with engineers. I really liked how they would explain things I did not comprehend and how to work the machines. I really enjoyed the Mentors and the lab Managers, as well as the Dean of the department. They also correlated how my biology background and the experiment they were conducting can eventually tie into each other, so I could continue their work and add on to it.
Pros
Nice campus
Cons
Labs did not have the proper equipment for my biology work
Squandered Potential
Assistant Director of Financial Operations (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 13, 2018
If you value critical thinking, this won't be a good fit. University mired in groupthink dynamic with premium placed on getting to the next day. Basic software; financial, HR, and budget systems are not synthesized creating massive redundancies and inefficiencies.
Pros
time off at xmas
Cons
stressed out management, low job appreciation
I worked at the University of Louisville for a short time before i was recruited by KLM it was a very good experience that taught me a lot .
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 9, 2018
University of Louisville Athletic department, was a high paced environment that I absolutely adored! I worked at the University of Louisville until i was recruited by KLM.
I would recommend anyone to work for UofL it was fantastic and GO CARDS!
Pros
Support all athletic events
Cons
Loosing games