University of Louisville Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place to gain life long experience and memories
STUDENT ATHLETIC TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 10, 2018
I worked mainly with the men’s soccer team which was amazing, but during the weekdays I saw all the Olympic athletes and helped them with any need they may have had in that moments visit. I learned a lot of pre habilitation and rehabilitation exercises and tools to help athletes prevent injury or get better after one. I learned all sorts of neat and up to date modality services to help the athletes recover. From stem units, to ultra sounds, ankle tapings, writs, fingers, toes, you name it I learned how to do it! The management was great and given it was an intern position I found the staff to be extremely patient when teaching us what we needed to know, and then the trust they had in us afterward allowing us to step out and eventually do a lot of these things on our own! The hardest part about the job was juggling being a full time student as well, so working plenty of hours through the week, working games on the weekends, studying for tests and finals and making sure to go to class was a lot but it held a great reward teaching me that I could indeed handle such a demanding schedule! The best part, I got to meet so many amazing athletes, from all different sports teams and from all over the world! It was amazing to see how many different types of people could come together to represent one school and to think I had a big part in keeping them healthy.
Pros
Meeting all the awesome athletes and getting to work every game from the side lines.
Overworked & Underpaid
Dental clinic associate (Former Employee) –  School of dentistryAugust 10, 2018
U of L has good benefits far wise paying for your kids schooling, etc,, however they like to add more work to you with low pay or little to no raises, I was there 4years and still never got $13! AND you have to pay for your parking pass unless you park on street!
Pros
Off when JCPS closes, good benefits
Cons
Underpaid!
Pretty Good Working Environment
Unit Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 30, 2018
Good work culture and environment. Administration stresses inclusion and equity; however, at times it doesn't feel that way. Don't feel like I'm micro managed, which makes it more comfortable working conditions.
Great Place to Work
Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 25, 2018
I learned a lot while I was there and it helped me develop towards my future career goals. The working environment was also great as I got to work with a wide range of people in various fields as well as help teach students who were just starting off.
Was a good place to work
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 25, 2018
Flexible schedules , Good work environment and I was able to go back to take more college credits. There was good team working and great help to get work done.
Good University
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 25, 2018
Good research and funding opportunities . The campus is quiet and safe and has an awesome library. Good food and accommodation options both on and off campus.
Worked with interesting faculty and staff.
Office Manager and Program Coordinator, Sr (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 24, 2018
A typical day in my position covered many diverse areas. The work was always challenging. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was the interesting people.
Pros
Great benefits and leave time.
Cons
Low pay for staff employees.
Administrative Assistant Senior (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 24, 2018
The university of Louisville is a great place to work if you are taking advantage of the tuition remission program and attending school. The pay is low and there is little room for advancement. Like most institutions of higher education information is siloed.
Solid place with solid benefits
Technical Support Specialist - Intern (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 23, 2018
Worked in a niche IT department with little control over AD/other systems.

General day involved troubleshooting microsoft office, signature pads, thin clients, etc.
Pros
Good benefit package.
Work Study Student
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 22, 2018
I was a work study student in the Psychological and Brain Sciences Department. I loved it! It was very flexible and laid back. I was able to get my To Do List tasks done and then work on homework for the rest of my time there.
Pros
Easy, Simple
Educational Workplace for Employee and Family
Administrative Associate/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 16, 2018
Typically semi-stressful; educational; good management, mostly; learning the changes in hardware and software was for me the hardest part of the job; most enjoyable part of the job was the co-worker, and having time considerable time off at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Pros
401K and free education
Cons
Favoritism
tuition assistant for children is the best benefit
Dental Assistant/EDDA (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 7, 2018
tuition assistant and medical benefits are the best at UofL
Being off the last week of December is a nice perk
The lack of trained management can be very frustrating
Very fun and interesting position
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 30, 2018
I volunteer for UofL, it is a very hands on job, requiring skills that must be sharp. The team is also great to work with. In all, a very good job around good people.
Pros
Builds resume
Cons
no pay
Local Tenems
ED Travel RN Staff for InteliStaf (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 25, 2018
Nice brief positions to keep skills fresh and work in academic facility. High cutting edge trauma care which was enjoyable to work in. Great city and enjoyed the people.
Horrific
Education Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 25, 2018
The University of Louisville is truly the most poorly run institution that I have ever been a part of. They treat their employees like garbage and have no respect.
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 20, 2018
Flexible like most universities. Community is like a family and makes you feel welcome. They are in a restructuring phase now but will emerge stronger than ever.
Football Culture
Student/football Player (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 12, 2018
University of Louisville is an terrific place to live. Being an athlete help me become the man I am today. The team environment the camaraderie against guys from different parts of the country to compete for one goal.
Pros
The family culture
Cons
being away from Miami
University of Louisville
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 10, 2018
Good co-workers, management structure has issues. Does have an inclusive environment for a diverse work force. Diversity makes U of L a wonderful place to work and learn about other cultures.
Pros
Lots of Paid time off and good life work balance
Cons
Inefficient and corrupt upper level leaders
Supportive office culture.
Louisville (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 4, 2018
Very educational experience. Graduate Assistants who work here get treated well and learn a lot. Salary is determined by national standards, not the University of Louisville.
Pros
Office Environment
Cons
Inconsistent workload
Budget Crisis
Financial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 4, 2018
Due to fiscal mismanagement of the prior presidnt and Board of Trustees, the university is in a budget crisis. A new president has been hired but it will take many years to fix the finances.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Finacial situation