University of Louisville Employee Reviews

Patient Focused
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 14, 2018
Patient Focused
Quality care
most enjoyable part of my job is the people I got to work with.
The most challenging thing was working with insurance companies.
if you need experience with no drug test
HVAC Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 3, 2018
worked there as a licensed mechanic over 6 years, very un fair work practice with very low pay , management was poor ; no DRUG TEST EVER EVEN IN THE EVENT WORKERS COMP, thus keeps a lot of employees retained at low wage . a lot of opportunity to learn in the trades , definitely HVAC, given 3-4 credit cards a lot of parts changing and learn as you go! good experience potential to learn, moral low due to wages raises are far and few. ,recommend do 2-years put money in 403B as much as possible then get the heck out of there and go find a job at school board or city. definitely ALOT of bureaucracy and bureaucrat's !!! definitely not a place to remain if you know your job. the better reviews of this institution are made in part by those working other than the physical plant EMPLOYEES.
Pros
hour lunch not held accoutable for time taken on job or bad judgment calls, No drug test!!!!!
Cons
no raises low pay, bureacracy!!!1
Helpful and Enlightening Engineering Experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 14, 2018
I was an intern in the Engineering department. I do have a biology background, but I did appreciate the new experience of working with engineers. I really liked how they would explain things I did not comprehend and how to work the machines. I really enjoyed the Mentors and the lab Managers, as well as the Dean of the department. They also correlated how my biology background and the experiment they were conducting can eventually tie into each other, so I could continue their work and add on to it.
Pros
Nice campus
Cons
Labs did not have the proper equipment for my biology work
Squandered Potential
Assistant Director of Financial Operations (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 13, 2018
If you value critical thinking, this won't be a good fit. University mired in groupthink dynamic with premium placed on getting to the next day. Basic software; financial, HR, and budget systems are not synthesized creating massive redundancies and inefficiencies.
Pros
time off at xmas
Cons
stressed out management, low job appreciation
I worked at the University of Louisville for a short time before i was recruited by KLM it was a very good experience that taught me a lot .
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 9, 2018
University of Louisville Athletic department, was a high paced environment that I absolutely adored! I worked at the University of Louisville until i was recruited by KLM.
I would recommend anyone to work for UofL it was fantastic and GO CARDS!
Pros
Support all athletic events
Cons
Loosing games
A good Learning Environment.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 6, 2018
A good Learning Environment. Helped take the financial stress off of graduate school. Recommended if you will be going into grad school. Workplace is nice.
Long hours and little teaching
Adidas Intern; Marketing (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 4, 2018
The internship guidelines outlined only 20 hours per week per intern, and we all ended up working office hours plus 20-30 additional hours that included game-day duties, errands, and set-up for events. In addition, the mentors and supervisors did not teach many skills, but rather only gave out duties they did not want to perform themselves.
Cons
No benefits, low stipend, too many hours
Best place to work
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 29, 2018
My time as a paid research assistant was wonderful in the lab that I was at. Very relaxed collaborative atmosphere with reasonable expectations for the job.
A good job for college students
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 11, 2018
The pay was very good for the work involved. The subjects taught helped reinforce knowledge used in my degree. The professors I worked for were very good and easy to get along with.
Pros
Good pay for work involved.
Cons
Not a lot of pay compared to cost of college
Great place to gain life long experience and memories
STUDENT ATHLETIC TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 10, 2018
I worked mainly with the men’s soccer team which was amazing, but during the weekdays I saw all the Olympic athletes and helped them with any need they may have had in that moments visit. I learned a lot of pre habilitation and rehabilitation exercises and tools to help athletes prevent injury or get better after one. I learned all sorts of neat and up to date modality services to help the athletes recover. From stem units, to ultra sounds, ankle tapings, writs, fingers, toes, you name it I learned how to do it! The management was great and given it was an intern position I found the staff to be extremely patient when teaching us what we needed to know, and then the trust they had in us afterward allowing us to step out and eventually do a lot of these things on our own! The hardest part about the job was juggling being a full time student as well, so working plenty of hours through the week, working games on the weekends, studying for tests and finals and making sure to go to class was a lot but it held a great reward teaching me that I could indeed handle such a demanding schedule! The best part, I got to meet so many amazing athletes, from all different sports teams and from all over the world! It was amazing to see how many different types of people could come together to represent one school and to think I had a big part in keeping them healthy.
Pros
Meeting all the awesome athletes and getting to work every game from the side lines.
Overworked & Underpaid
Dental clinic associate (Former Employee) –  School of dentistryAugust 10, 2018
U of L has good benefits far wise paying for your kids schooling, etc,, however they like to add more work to you with low pay or little to no raises, I was there 4years and still never got $13! AND you have to pay for your parking pass unless you park on street!
Pros
Off when JCPS closes, good benefits
Cons
Underpaid!
Pretty Good Working Environment
Unit Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 30, 2018
Good work culture and environment. Administration stresses inclusion and equity; however, at times it doesn't feel that way. Don't feel like I'm micro managed, which makes it more comfortable working conditions.
Great Place to Work
Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 25, 2018
I learned a lot while I was there and it helped me develop towards my future career goals. The working environment was also great as I got to work with a wide range of people in various fields as well as help teach students who were just starting off.
Was a good place to work
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 25, 2018
Flexible schedules , Good work environment and I was able to go back to take more college credits. There was good team working and great help to get work done.
Good University
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 25, 2018
Good research and funding opportunities . The campus is quiet and safe and has an awesome library. Good food and accommodation options both on and off campus.
Worked with interesting faculty and staff.
Office Manager and Program Coordinator, Sr (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 24, 2018
A typical day in my position covered many diverse areas. The work was always challenging. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was the interesting people.
Pros
Great benefits and leave time.
Cons
Low pay for staff employees.
Administrative Assistant Senior (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 24, 2018
The university of Louisville is a great place to work if you are taking advantage of the tuition remission program and attending school. The pay is low and there is little room for advancement. Like most institutions of higher education information is siloed.
Solid place with solid benefits
Technical Support Specialist - Intern (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 23, 2018
Worked in a niche IT department with little control over AD/other systems.

General day involved troubleshooting microsoft office, signature pads, thin clients, etc.
Pros
Good benefit package.
Work Study Student
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 22, 2018
I was a work study student in the Psychological and Brain Sciences Department. I loved it! It was very flexible and laid back. I was able to get my To Do List tasks done and then work on homework for the rest of my time there.
Pros
Easy, Simple
Educational Workplace for Employee and Family
Administrative Associate/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 16, 2018
Typically semi-stressful; educational; good management, mostly; learning the changes in hardware and software was for me the hardest part of the job; most enjoyable part of the job was the co-worker, and having time considerable time off at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Pros
401K and free education
Cons
Favoritism