University of Maine System Employee Reviews

Fair employmentThe UMaine culture is fairly
Safety Specialist - Emergency Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orono, MEJuly 9, 2018
The UMaine culture is fair and there are opportunities to continue ones education and training. The departments are sometimes short of qualified individuals to fill roles.
Pros
Wellnes coaching
Cons
On site requirements, low staffing
Wonderful, just long comute
IT Specialist CL3 (Current Employee) –  Gorham, MEDecember 4, 2017
I honestly love working here, the one problem is rent/ housing prices in the area prevent relocation. Putting 100 miles on my vehicle per workday also prevents growth in other areas needed to relocate.
i loved working at this job
Community Education Assistant CL2 (Former Employee) –  Falmouth, MEOctober 13, 2017
I worked this job for few months as a substitute for my friend who left on a family emergency. I left this job because my friend come back and took his job back but I have enjoyed working with new talents of teenage teacher who worked hard to educate young children in the community through out the summer.
Great place to work to gain experience
Director of Research Compliance (Former Employee) –  Portland, MESeptember 16, 2017
USM was a great place to work, many good benefits and very smart people. It is a great place to gain experience with a broad spectrum of people from different cultures and backgrounds.
The most enjoyable part of the job.
Administrative Specialist l (Current Employee) –  UC Rumford/MexicoMay 25, 2017
Working with the students is always enjoyable. It gives me great pleasure when I can assist them with problems that crop up or just helping them with computer issues. To be able to guide new students through the process of applying, acceptance, and staring on their journey is as exciting to me as it is for them. To feel the excitement of our graduating students confirms for me that education is so very important.
Pros
Students
Cons
Changing hours every semester
UMS provides an excellent benefits package
Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEApril 25, 2017
The University of Maine System does not always provide the highest salaries, but the benefits package makes up for what the salary is lacking.

UMS operates around 6 bargaining units, so work life varies greatly, dependent upon which bargaining unit represents you.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Amazing
Full Time Student/Tutor/Administrative Aid (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEFebruary 21, 2016
Have had very good experience here. Good people, flexibility, and educational and cultural diversity. There is amazing support here and I have made many friends and fell well liked and respected.
Pros
nice people, flexible hours