University of Maine Employee Reviews in Presque Isle, ME

Interesting place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Presque Isle, MESeptember 6, 2018
I graduated and moved on. Had a good time while there, loved my office work with the data stuff at student affairs. Enjoyed working with students and staff.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Don't expect promotion because the opportunities are not many.
Great Place to work
Director of Facilities and Construction (Former Employee) –  Presque Isle, MEJuly 27, 2018
My superiors were very confident in my abilities and very supportive in all of the challenges we faced. It was one of the best places I have worked in in my life. all worked together for the common good of the campus. I participated in local endeavors to help in the community and college partnership. the workplace was friendly and we were able to do things previously thought undoable. I learned about Biofuels and wind power since we supported both. When I first arrived it was apparent that the college facilities was in need of reorganization and out of compliance with both State and Local compliance. that was a fight but we did it.
Pros
breakfast was covered
Cons
non
Fun Learning Environment
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Presque Isle, MEJune 5, 2017
A typical day consists of completing on-going agricultural research experiments. This include pesticide effectiveness and insect colonizing rates and species.
Basic Student Job
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Presque Isle, MEMay 11, 2017
Waiting in a office at sometimes unreasonable times for things to happen that never do. Can be fun when you're tasked with projects but VERY boring and long even if you do homework or want a social life. Most hours will be around the times you want to do things. Not bad and the department has 95% good people working there but can be long boring hours. Student worker
Pros
It equipment, Supervisors, IT Trail and Error
Cons
Most days working, Supervisor
Fun and exciting place to work
Presque Isle Library Aide/Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Presque Isle, MESeptember 9, 2015
Maintained and organized books, files, periodicals, magazines and newspapers
Maintained clean and adequate amount of dishes, drink ware and utensils for students, faculty and guests.
Pros
everyday was fun
Cons
Great workplace with friendly environment
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Presque Isle, MEOctober 13, 2014
Typical work days included making sure patrons were safe and abiding by the rules of the facility.
productive and fun place to work
University Mailroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Presque Isle, MEOctober 16, 2012
worked in the mailroom sorting mail and placing mail in cust boxes
Lifelong experience gained
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Presque Isle, MEApril 18, 2012
My day to day involved reviewing daily work orders, data entry and management of the tradesmans duties. I worked with the tradesman over the radio and in office. My other duties involved working with the administrative assistant as well as the director of the physical plant, assisting them when needed and replacing the admin assistant on her days away. I also managed the vendors who came to campus. I found it difficult to manage when I bounced between so many jobs, but the reward was the success and recognition I received at the end of the work study program. The friends I made have been lifelong and experience here has shaped the person I am today
Pros
great work environment, many learning opportunities
Cons
no option to stay on past the work study program