University of Maine Employee Review

View all University of Maine reviews

Wonderful Management
Admin (Current Employee) –  Augusta, MEJune 17, 2019
I enjoy working for the UMS. The hours are pretty flexible and the managers and staff are top notch. I wish the pay was based on experience instead of union based as it is not comparable to the rising cost of living as well as the minimum wage increase.
Pros
Great working environment, Free classes
Cons
Low Wages

Other University of Maine Employee Reviews

Benefits, good community
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  MaineJuly 15, 2019
They have a great benefits package, they offer fair wages, it is a great community to work with. They offer opportunities for advancement. It is busy and challenging work.
Vast Differences Across Campus
Information-systems-related administrative support (Current Employee) –  Orono, MEJuly 10, 2019
Work load varies a lot depending what time of the year it is and what department you work for. The benefits are GREAT but compensation is sub-par; even with an outstanding performance review there is NO mechanism for merit-based raises (at least in my bargaining unit), although we do usually get 2-3% a year for cost of living increases. Also, the culture in my department isn't very supportive compared to others across campus, and management doesn't stand up for us when they should. Those are the only reasons I'm considering leaving... but it would take a LOT OF MONEY to convince me to leave UMaine entirely so I'm looking mostly within the System.
Pros
4 weeks vacation, 4 weeks sick time, 10% retirement match, free tuition for employees, tuition discounts for dependents
Cons
No merit-based raises (no reward for hard work). Low pay compared to the private sector.