University of Mary Employee Reviews

producftrive fun place tow kr
Head Cook (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDMay 23, 2019
love my cor workers always team players someone is always willing to help eachotehr when in a tight spot py is not nearly enough for the amount of work they pile on ous
Pros
great lunch
Cons
not enough pay
Fun job that lets you get to know professors and learn new skills
School of Arts and Sciences Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDMarch 17, 2019
As an office assistant in the School of Arts and Sciences, I did basic office tasks such as filling coffee pots, making copies, grading for professors, and doing research projects as assigned.
Pros
If you are done with your tasks you can work on homework
alway available
Active Student pursuing MSB (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDFebruary 10, 2019
always available. Open door policy. professional. Leadership university. Excellent educational University and Professors approachable and willing to work with you.
Pros
Excellent University for education
Cons
Distance from Mandan
ATHLETICS DEPARTMENT INTERN (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJanuary 14, 2019
Couldn't ask for anything better, it was a great experience and I learned a lot of valuable skills that will help me in overall life. I can communicate in the professional world properly now to put myself out there.
Learning environment
Student Life Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJanuary 11, 2019
Everyone who worked at the University of Mary had several roles. Everyone working there was passionate about what they were doing so the amount of work we did wasn't always a stressful situation. My co-workers were a very collaborative and close group of individuals all working towards the same goal. We all worked long and hard hours at times but we always were looking out for each other.
Pros
Excellent learning environment
Cons
worked long hours and hard to balance personal life
fun interaction between students and faculty.
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJanuary 10, 2019
I enojoyed the interaction I was able to have with other students. I was also allowed to do homework and study when it was slow. I slow paced Job that did not required alot of effort
disaster
Staff (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDDecember 31, 2018
There is not a lot of support from management. High politics and a poor culture to work in. Not very inviting to new employees and has an over-the-top interview process for job candidates.
Review Summary
Adminstraive Assitant (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJuly 30, 2018
On a typical day I would receive email from students and faculty. I have to order lots of supplies for each department. I keep track of the student clinical hours. I log all the potential students that may want to attend University of Mary for each department. I schedule all the participants for the exercise clinic. I proctor the Pharmacology Exams in my office along with many other classes/ tests that students need to take. I answer phone calls. The best part of my job is the students. I see so much potential in all of them. The hardest part of my job is the lack of communication.
A fun job at school.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJune 22, 2018
This was a school cafeteria job for me, and I was in the deli section serving sandwiches, and making pizzas. I learned how to keep my station stocked and clean, and even got to train in new hires. Our manager handled everything very well. It was a relaxed job where I go to serve students, and even friends of mine, as well as get along with my fellow employees. It was hardest when I had to clean dishes, and easiest when I told students their options for their sandwiches.
Pros
Good coworkers, relaxed pace.
Cons
It did interfere with my time for homework, but that is typical.
Resident Assistant
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDApril 4, 2018
Provide safe and fun living environment for students enrolled at the University dorms. It was a fun job. I was able to meet all kinds of people who have different cultures and background.
Great place to work but the pay wasn’t the best.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDMarch 30, 2018
The staff were wonderful people to work with and I enjoyed working there. Unfortunately the pay wasn’t that good. Coworkers were very considerate of others.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Not good pay
Excellent
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDMarch 14, 2018
Overall Good experience
Learned a lot about computer labs
Management was great
Relaxed environment
Not nearly enough hours offered but I did learn a lot about the use of computers and how to manage a working computer lab
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Not enough Hours
Fun place to work
Custodial Worker (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDFebruary 20, 2018
Relaxed environment, Kind management, Flexibility in day to day procedures. Ability to learn new things and plan your own day as it comes and flexibility to take things as they come.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
afternoon hours
Kitchen enviroment
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJanuary 4, 2018
The staff has been nothing but nice and welcoming since I relocated here from California. Due to my lack of experience cooking they started me out at the coffee station but by the end of my 90 day period I have been welcomed into the kitchen and have even been allowed to run my own station. My second week working here I got into an accident and they have not held the two days that I had to take off against me. I have really enjoyed working here.
Fulfilling Workplace
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDDecember 30, 2017
A typical day working at University of Mary: as a Student Ambassador I provide current student perspectives of the university to prospective students and their families by providing accurate and useful information and sharing first-hand experiences. I give personal tours, group tours, and help with various events held on campus. I have learned to communicate with people of all ages and personalities. I have learned to manage my school work with my duties as an Ambassador. I have to set my own schedule, so the hardest part of the job is fitting tours and ambassador duties around my stressful school life. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people. I love promoting the University of Mary to all types of students. The workplace culture is very nice. There are many other ambassadors, and we collaborate well in promoting the University.
Pros
Meeting New People
Cons
Working around busy school schedule
good feeling to assist students in their careers
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDDecember 2, 2017
Very fast paced as I assisted managing 19 sites in seven states (most of those sites are now closed). Interesting work as great enjoyment out of working with students and assisting contract facilitators.
Pros
Excellent leadership for most of the years there
Cons
Policies & procedures changed very often
Challanaging
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDOctober 23, 2017
This was a very challenging environment. People were not given the exact truth of what was expected of them. The University did not follow there golden mission.
Tracked workers performaces
Sales & Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 26, 2017
Kept track on budgeting and inventory,learned how to be organized. The culture was fun and hands off. management was very helpful in making sure everyday you understood the task at hand.
Easy
Office Assistant, Office Clerks, General (Former Employee) –  7500 University drFebruary 25, 2017
Easy to apply places but I'm still really new so i don't know how fast the processs is to get the apps and resumes to employers. I did get a call for a job interview already though
Pros
Easy
Cons
Cluttered
Strong Catholic heritage
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDDecember 16, 2016
Great work-life balance. I worked in the Student Success Center and learned a lot about higher education services. The president of the university is great!
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Cold weather